[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

21 minutes ago, insertusernamehere said:

He has the asian curse lol

I wonder if they really had him drink? If it was makeup, thats some impressive makeup!

I was wondering that too. It sure looked real haha. I didn't think the asian flush would be something they'd purposely go out of their way to recreate with make-up since not everyone gets it.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Table122000 said:

To be honest, I much prefer it when the writers do not give the Lei character any medical diagnosis or label.  It's enough to just say that he is normally quiet and withdrawn. People can be that way without having a mental illness. When it's portrayed as more "this is just his personality" then I find it more believable that he "comes out of his shell" after interacting with Jing and the F4, and then later with Shan Cai. Plus, it takes a lot of research and skill by both writers and actors to properly portray people that do have these conditions, and I don't think a fantasy idol drama really does that justice, frankly. 

This.

I wish they hadn't labelled his character as having autism. Why couldn't he just be an introvert? Someone who just loves to sleep? Or just DGAF :lol: 

But it is what it is...

1 hour ago, insertusernamehere said:

I wonder if they really had him drink? If it was makeup, thats some impressive makeup!

Lots of blush! :D 

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Real life F4

I am watching Big bang's variety show videos.. and this is totally real life F4.. 

no other singer friends, just busy amongst themselves.. all rich and very strong personalities, yet don't clash.. and i think we have our DS and SC in taeyang and min hyo rin :P ..  i mean literally, T's first crush/love/wife.. he is the passionate one.. and in some interview they say, when MHR and T fight then its a sad day for all because T is in a bad mood :)

and icing on the cake, GD was the one who brought them together .. lol .. the one who excels at making music in the group..

talk about height of similarity

Really? Omg. LOL. I could see Taeyang have a sort of DMS personality. Awww....GD. 

2 hours ago, rimjayc said:

SPOILER IF YOU DONT WANNA HAVE IMAGERIES OF WHATS COMING :warning:

Reveal hidden contents

i wish we had clearer videos but we can see them really happy and VERY MUSH back together in those two videos .

and i feel so happy and warm inside TT

im so glad they can have some quality couple time at least in london arc befor richard simmons happens again ;; 

AND THAT BED SCENE WHERE THEY BOTH LOOK SO CUDDLY and for once sc is not trying to be 2km far away from him 

YOU DID IT SI !!!! :,)

I saw these spoiler vids on FB today. I can't believe they already have a MV/Karaoke sing-along of this drama. Producers/Angie Chai be like: "Gotta strike while the iron is hot!" True! Most of it is DMS and SC upcoming lovely scenes, so I'm not complaining. :love::lol:

42 minutes ago, feliset said:

I was wondering that too. It sure looked real haha. I didn't think the asian flush would be something they'd purposely go out of their way to recreate with make-up since not everyone gets it.

I thought so too! It's probably good makeup, or he drank a few sips of real alcohol that turned his face so red, or he had too much laugh that day. Dylan had a good laugh with this scene too with his weibo post. Gotta love his sense of humor. :sweat_smile:

@Table122000 That’s right! Taiwanese dramas don’t shy away from intense scenes (i.e. MG2001, Devil Beside You, Why Why Love, It Started With A Kiss).

@feliset I’m a spoiler magnet/seeker too! Lol. I have a Chinese friend who’s seen a little bit of MG2018, but she doesn’t share the same excitement/interest as I do. It’s too bad though, her quick translations would have come in handy. Me: “What is DMS and SC arguing about now???” My friend: *thinks to herself* “Crazy girl.” Lol. Thanks for the spoiler cut tip! :)

@lan_lan You make a good point! DMS’s jealous and possessive nature may be the reason why he decided to go after SC. You can’t help but still love him though. Lei is sweet and such a good friend to sacrifice his time and energy for these two stubborn souls. But I guess they're trying to show that love is complicated, crazy, and confusing especially for the young ones (DMS, SC, Lei, Meizuo, etc). One moment DMS and SC like each other, the next moment they're bickering/breaking up. The writers/directors better give Lei a happy ending he deserves (either with Jing or another girl). 

@kokodus I loved Queen In Hyun’s Man, but I can’t remember that necktie scene. I’ll never view neckties the same way again.:lol: I like your domain pic too. The goofy cookie pics and the face drawing with SC and DMS are one of my favorite scenes (lucky for us, there's more to come!:blush:). I’m glad DMS wears his hair down in the later half of this drama. It suits his face more. The show seems to be getting a lot of love from international fans compared to Chinese fans. I guess I’m picky with the shows in my country too. Dylan was either lying about Shen Yue being his first kiss (on or off-screen), or he’s been practicing. Also, his non-aggressive take on that eps 33-34? kiss scene shows he respects Shen Yue (who doesn’t seem comfortable with such intimate scenes). I wouldn’t browse through YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter (almost all social media sites you can think of, actually) if I were Shen Yue. DyShen/CaiSi sweet moments are everywhere. Sign me up for that DMS and SC’s happily bickering dorkable post-marriage life. Dry painting together and all! LOL. Perhaps in a movie like the one in HYD? Angie Chai, are you reading this? Pretty please? Pineapple on top! Just to fully satisfy our MG hearts. :D 

1 hour ago, rockee19 said:

@lan_lan You make a good point! DMS’s jealous and possessive nature may be the reason why he decided to go after SC. You can’t help but still love him though. Lei is sweet and such a good friend to sacrifice his time and energy for these two stubborn souls. But I guess they're trying to show that love is complicated, crazy, and confusing especially for the young ones (DMS, SC, Lei, Meizuo, etc). One moment DMS and SC like each other, the next moment they're bickering/breaking up. The writers/directors better give Lei a happy ending he deserves (either with Jing or another girl). 

Yes please! Give the boy a happy ending for once! He's such a nice guy to be forever alone! My heart breaks for him :(

1 hour ago, chocolatetruffles08 said:

This.

I wish they hadn't labelled his character as having autism. Why couldn't he just be an introvert? Someone who just loves to sleep? Or just DGAF :lol: 

But it is what it is...

Yes-it would have been much better if there was no autism explanation. Making him just have an introverted personality would be   

much more believable. I just ignore the autism part and think of Lei as just a quiet, introvert personality.

I guess they're trying to show that love is complicated, crazy, and confusing especially for the young ones (DMS, SC, Lei, Meizuo, etc). One moment DMS and SC like each other, the next moment they're bickering/breaking up. The writers/directors better give Lei a happy ending he deserves (either with Jing or another girl). 

Yeah, young love is like that. It's been a long time since my own high school days, but the behavior rings true- people suddendly a couple and then just as suddenly breaking up. And for Lei-YES! Writers PLEASE give him his own happy ending!!! Don't leave him alone & lonely!

I loved Queen In Hyun’s Man, but I can’t remember that necktie scene. I’ll never view neckties the same way again.

Here's a link to that scene. They start talking about neckties around the 2:00 minute mark. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5WGO0gn0-8

Another drama I saw where they talked about neckties is 1% of Anything (2003).  Da Hyun's student tells her if you give a boy a necktie it means you want to tie them to you. "You're mine"

Hi guys! Long-time lurker here too ^_^

12 hours ago, marielou92 said:

THIS! I was also disappointed at Daomingsi for being like that. I mean he already declared to her that he will chase her anywhere but it was opposite of what happened when he didn’t even follow her at the fishing village and he even pushed Shancai away even though she already told her the reasons why she did what she had to do.. I can’t believe that Daomingsi is that angry more than Shancai, when in fact it is Shancai who has the right to get angrier more than him.

I would’ve understand if Shancai lied & didn’t tell him that its his mother that is at fault, but he knows & he even knows what his mother is capable of

The problem with Daomingsi is consistency. He keeps on declaring/promising Shancai but when situation gets hard, he also gives in. like when he started dating his fiance, him not chasing Shancai at the fishing village, lets not forget the future london arc where he will be cold & stoic again to Shancai <_< 

You know at least with Shancai, she’s honest and clear in telling Daomingsi that she is confuse & not ready.  that’s why Daomingsi knows what he is getting and that’s the reason for her push & pull.

Btw, I didn’t like that they didn’t make Daomingsi followed Shancai at fishing village in this version, because in Korean & Japanese versions (I don’t remember what happened in Taiwanese), Tsukasa/Jun Pyo followed Makino/Jandi in the fishing village

Anyway, I’ll love Daomingsi again in ep. 32 so imma wait :D

What I'm confused about too is that in this version SC especially expressed the reason she was ending things with DMS (DMF blackmail) before saying all the hurtful stuff to DMS. So DMS must know, even if on a sub-conscious level, that SC is driven by desperation to help her friends, not truly because she hates him. It definitely feels like he's being especially harsh on her because he feels guilty for having put her through all of this, but if DMS really meant what he said about fighting for their relationship he knows that it all comes back to his mom. It feels a bit weird that he knows what his mom did to SC's friend and to SC and he hasn't confronted his mom at all about the role she played in their break-up.

I know the writers are probably saving that ultimate showdown for later on in the show but up until now it hasn't seemed like DMS has stood up to his mom at all (aside from leaving his bday party with SC). It's just been SC dealing with her alone! I guess it will make for more impact when he finally does confront her and stand up for their relationship. And maybe I'm being a bit harsh on him given his mom is an ultimate intimidating person :sweatingbullets: I think it goes to show that they both have more development to do before they become 100% committed to each other.

I'm also a bit annoyed after watching the raws for 31-32

Spoiler

DMS basically decides that he's going to take back SC from Lei after the graduation violin performance because he doesn't want anyone else to have her. To me that doesn't show the character growth that I was expecting at this point. I was hoping to see some galvanizing factor where DMS decides that he's going to get to the root of the problem, not because of the whole "I'm taking what's mine" mentality that he's had since the childhood toy incident. And what about all the stuff SC said about not seeing him as a man? The mindset shift seemed abrupt to me.

20 hours ago, kokodus said:

@mouse007 It was you who talked about It started with a kiss and They kissed again, right??? I'm sorry I forgot to reply to your post. You have no idea how much I love that show. It's not the Chinese version, it's the Taiwanese one. Zhi shu used to be my crush for so long. LOL. And yes I love love the second season more because they really showed how marriage is not the HEA and the real struggle happens only after it. There were WAYYYYY too many cute and sweet kisses. That drama really goes down the history of dramaland as the sweetest love story ever made. LOL. Ohhh now I wish we see Si and SC post-marriage. I want to see how their day to day life will be like. I at least need a fanfiction. LOL

@kokodus yes yes yes!! They Kissed Again is definitely one for the books and yes, I also had a crush on Zhi Shu for the longest time!! He was just so freakin' dreamy in that one and he was just an amazing husband in that one. The way he cared for her in all his secret little ways...ugh! That drama is just pure magic for me. I have watched it a million times! Yes, I really really really wish we can see Si and SC post marriage. I don't care if it's not part of the manga, I just want to see it! LOL

16 hours ago, kokodus said:

Hey can someone one confirm me whether Caina is gone for good or not by 30th ep??? She and Terrace guy got together? Finally??? Why is no one celebrating that? LOL. Or did I miss anything? Is she still around??? Dangit!

@enigmatic_zephyLei and Si FF sounds good, though I'm not much of a BL person. But the bromance here is real! LOL. 

@kokodus Caina stays until ep 31 unfortunately but I think we don't see much of her after that because she and Terrance pretty much end up together. Meizuo is all whiny about it though but I'm glad we can just go back to our main couple.

7 hours ago, rimjayc said:

SPOILER IF YOU DONT WANNA HAVE IMAGERIES OF WHATS COMING :warning:

Hide contents

i wish we had clearer videos but we can see them really happy and VERY MUSH back together in those two videos .

and i feel so happy and warm inside TT

im so glad they can have some quality couple time at least in london arc befor richard simmons happens again ;; 

AND THAT BED SCENE WHERE THEY BOTH LOOK SO CUDDLY and for once sc is not trying to be 2km far away from him 

YOU DID IT SI !!!! :,)

@rimjayc thank you for sharing these! I love all their sweet times together especially in the coming episodes. They just look so good together and when they are laughing and being all lovey-dovey, it seems so real. I'm definitely drinking the Kool-Aid. :love:

5 hours ago, insertusernamehere said:

@insertusernamehere I wondered the same! I doubt they made him drink alcohol for real but if it was makeup, it looked pretty legit. That's how red I get when I drink so I know!

1 hour ago, lulu2018 said:

Hi guys! Long-time lurker here too ^_^

What I'm confused about too is that in this version SC especially expressed the reason she was ending things with DMS (DMF blackmail) before saying all the hurtful stuff to DMS. So DMS must know, even if on a sub-conscious level, that SC is driven by desperation to help her friends, not truly because she hates him. It definitely feels like he's being especially harsh on her because he feels guilty for having put her through all of this, but if DMS really meant what he said about fighting for their relationship he knows that it all comes back to his mom. It feels a bit weird that he knows what his mom did to SC's friend and to SC and he hasn't confronted his mom at all about the role she played in their break-up.

I know the writers are probably saving that ultimate showdown for later on in the show but up until now it hasn't seemed like DMS has stood up to his mom at all (aside from leaving his bday party with SC). It's just been SC dealing with her alone! I guess it will make for more impact when he finally does confront her and stand up for their relationship. And maybe I'm being a bit harsh on him given his mom is an ultimate intimidating person :sweatingbullets: I think it goes to show that they both have more development to do before they become 100% committed to each other.

I'm also a bit annoyed after watching the raws for 31-32

Hide contents

DMS basically decides that he's going to take back SC from Lei after the graduation violin performance because he doesn't want anyone else to have her. To me that doesn't show the character growth that I was expecting at this point. I was hoping to see some galvanizing factor where DMS decides that he's going to get to the root of the problem, not because of the whole "I'm taking what's mine" mentality that he's had since the childhood toy incident. And what about all the stuff SC said about not seeing him as a man? The mindset shift seemed abrupt to me.

Yeah, they should've shown us the scene where Daomingsi confronted his mom about what she did to Shancai's friends because he knows that it was the cause of their breakup, so its a major factor why he had to confront his mom.. Although, there is one time when he did confront his mom, when he said that Shancai is the only girl he likes and will consider marrying, then he said he wished he was not her son. 

But its true tho, that all major fights were done by Shancai, Ah Si always have to go along with his mom orders or he just put their problems with his mom on the back burner.. I would love to see Daomingsi stand up more for their relationship, unfortunately in the London arc, he will again have to obey his mom :sweatingbullets:

"DMS basically decides that he's going to take back SC from Lei after the graduation violin performance because he doesn't want anyone else to have her. To me that doesn't show the character growth that I was expecting at this point. I was hoping to see some galvanizing factor where DMS decides that he's going to get to the root of the problem, not because of the whole "I'm taking what's mine" mentality that he's had since the childhood toy incident. "   THIS THO IS SO RIGHT, I have no words to express anymore  :sweatingbullets:

It is weird for Si to suddenly change his mind after the violin confession from Lei, but I need to watch with subs before fully deciding what went wrong. But from the translations I saw, that scene SC comes and talks with F4 like nothing ever happened and even playfully hits Si on the back, I guess after that he said something like " I would've gone after her if she showed even little that she likes me" or something like that. Basically what made him so angry was when she said she didn't see him as a man outside of his Daoming family and all that. According to him, if she truly loved him for what he his, she would have let him fight for their relationship instead of deciding on her own and packing her bags to leave him. I'm as mad at SC as I'm with Si, tbh. I can see where both of them are coming from. And it doesn't seem very weird to me that he would go after her again. It's in character so much actually. Lol. 

Hello!

I have also been lurking but decided to join the squeeing! 

I’m liking this new version. Lei and DMS are such eye candies! I thought Darren emotes really well in the emotional scenes.. his tenderness really comes through. 

I wish there could be more depth to the kisses between DMS and SC though. Like it would be nice for Dylan to portray trying to restrain his passion for SC during their kisses because he doesn’t want to scare SC off. 

Now the kisses mostly come across as very innocent which I feel does not match what we know about DMS character and his feelings for SC. 

2 hours ago, 7psyche7 said:

I wish there could be more depth to the kisses between DMS and SC though. Like it would be nice for Dylan to portray trying to restrain his passion for SC during their kisses because he doesn’t want to scare SC off. 

FiRst of all Welcome

2 TOTALY Agree !! 

Not on the way the kisses are ( i dont mind soft kisses and how experianced they are) 

but as you said the way si can act about it 

in many ways (in the manga ect) domiyoji can barely restrain himself from touching /being phiscaly with makino in alot of scenes

since hes never felt that attracted to anybody befor (and never really had physical affection when it comes to the femals in his life /mom/sister/ect

i mean do we have any scene of him even hugging one of them ? )

and i think Si feels the same way since his early days around sc !

when he wanted her so mush around him and Wanted her attention fully even when it was hostil and forceful ( im talking about the agressive kiss at around ep3/4)

i mean i love how he grewup in this relationship into a soft ! Respectful gentleman (mostly ?lol) 

but that side of him where he almost cant stop himself from having some kind of skinship when it comes to sc would have been nice if it Was accentuated now

especialy that they dating now and sc is more open to being close 

(im expecting more from the previews tbh 

i dont wanna spoil lol ) 

Totally agree! I loved that aspect in the manga as well when he would make it clear to her how he had to restrain himself physically.  Also loved when makino would narrate in her head her sexual awareness of his epic hotness. Hope we get to see more of that later. 

Thats why I loved the interpretation of the kiss that was posted here

Spoiler

where he said her expression turned him on hahaa. The other sub I read said that it captivated him but no I much prefer the idea that it turns him on. :tounge_xd:

@rimjaycspoil me plz!! 

One change in MG2018 that I like is the rewrite of her parents to be more caring and less useless. They’re still funny but i prefer seeing them as a happy family unit than how they kept messing things up for Makino in the manga. I kind of miss her little brother though.

Thanks for the welcome! It’s nice being able to discuss the show with kindred spirits :D

I read the manga and watched the anime many years ago but I remembered how the physical attraction was very nicely portrayed. It added layers to their relationship which I really liked. 

Here’s hoping to more passionate kisses and that this part of their relationship will be portrayed in the show! 

By the way I was just rewatching parts of episode 30 on Netflix and I think Dylan really drank for the last scene. He totally had the Asian flush, even his eyes were bloodshot. That’s dedication to acting there! 

I don't drink but I when I cry I become pink like that. LOL. Dylan was epic awesome in that scene. I keep rewatching that scene and the one where SC frantically searches for the necklace. Those two scenes really hit me in the gut Everytime I watch it. Kudos to both Dylan and Shen Yue for being soooo good in their roles. 

I like the kisses and I like that they took the passive route here when it comes to DMS's sexual desire for SC. I like this sweet approach so much more, but I also know passionate kisses are coming our way in the next week so I'm ready for that as well. At this point in the story, I don't have any complaints, even with Lei I have come to terms that he must be doing all that to get the puppies together. I can't wait for Wednesday to come. Welcome to all the newcomers!!!! Hehehe

Agree with everyone re: the passion/restrain; although I do have to say that Dylan & YueYue have the best physical chemistry (except for kissing lol). They are just SO comfortable with each other, physically. I don't remember in any other version where DMS & SC have so many moments where they interact so comfortably with each other, even before they officially date (e.g. when they played cards the night before her competition), and even more so after they start dating (e.g. the nose kiss when they helped each other study, etc.). This is different from the manga but I'm so glad for ONCE SC doesn't seem like a 5 year old, shrinking away or getting ridiculously embarrassed whenever he tried to touch her. 

@kokodusI do think the sweeter approach does match our new smart woke bridge playing 2018 DMS haha. I like how they toned down the violence without losing the essence of the character too because that was one of things that always had me conflicted about the character in the original. We still got the takeout box throwing (with immediate guilt in his face after XD) and the forced kiss but I can totally do without the outright slapping her and other hitting of women.

2 minutes ago, insertusernamehere said:

Agree with everyone re: the passion/restrain; although I do have to say that Dylan & YueYue have the best physical chemistry (except for kissing lol). They are just SO comfortable with each other, physically. I don't remember in any other version where DMS & SC have so many moments where they interact so comfortably with each other, even before they officially date (e.g. when they played cards the night before her competition), and even more so after they start dating (e.g. the nose kiss when they helped each other study, etc.). This is different from the manga but I'm so glad for ONCE SC doesn't seem like a 5 year old, shrinking away or getting ridiculously embarrassed whenever he tried to touch her. 

Totally!!! Their chemistry is soooo good. One of my favs is the bed scene when they’re drawing on each others faces. I love whenever they look at eachother sleeping. It’s just too sweet. 2018 dms/sc is so good...

@insertusernamehere @feliset Agreed!!!! They both have a natural chemistry, like they don't even have to try harder, even them just standing together makes anyone think that they are a couple. Hahaha. They are comfortable with each other and even though they played down the sexual tension here, I kinda don't feel that disappointed because I just like the way they are now. Idk how to explain, but I didnt even think about this lack of sexual tension issue until peeps started talking about it here. Haha. Anyways, about the naturally oozing chemie btwn Si and SC, I think it also has to do with their off screen friendship. I was actually surprised at first seeing how comfortable they are with each other even offcam. It's a pleasure watching these two both onscreen and off screen. I wish they do another drama together. Is it too much to ask for?? 

Archived