[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

46 minutes ago, marielou92 said:

omg looks like today’s episodes are really good!

I unfollowed the bigger accounts on twitter since they are the biggest spoiler! :lol:

I want to watch these feel-good episodes for this week with english subtitle so I don’t wanna see spoilers!

It will be more exciting if many scenes will surprise you, so I suggest you guys should not view any video clips/pics if you will not watch the whole episode yet!  :D hahahaha!  

Haha yes I did the same. Unfollowed all the accounts that could potentially spoil me. I dare to even login to Twitter. LOL. I totally don't want to get spoiled this week. I'm even scared to come to this thread. Lol. It's really difficult and I don't know how I'm going to survive tomorrow. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure about YueYue but I think Dylan Wang is capable of pulling off the intimate scenes even though he is younger than her. Haha. She totally has that innocent baby girl face while Dylan on the other hand exudes such charismatic sexy aura all around him. Ok my mind is in gutters now, let me stop here. Hahahaha. 

11 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I'm not sure about YueYue but I think Dylan Wang is capable of pulling off the intimate scenes even though he is younger than her. Haha. She totally has that innocent baby girl face while Dylan on the other hand exudes such charismatic sexy aura all around him. Ok my mind is in gutters now, let me stop here. Hahahaha. 

Yes! its so natural for Dylan thats why he is match as Daomingsi.. Shen Yue’s innocent vibe and Dylan’s cool bad boy type is such a good natural combination thats a big factor for their chemistry :wub:

Hello everyone. I was supposed to wait till English subs come out but I just couldn't I am doomed. I got sucked into this black hole called Meteor Garden and there's no way out of it. I can't believe I just watched a Chinese drama RAW. Since many here are avoiding spoilers I will hold back my excitement and won't spoil it for you all. I will just say it's worth the wait episode 33-34 is so perfect and fluffy. We deserve it after week long separation torture. The way dms(dylan) looks at sc I don't know how Shen yue does it but if I were her I would have either fainted there on the spot or jumped on him:wub:. We have so many hugs to look forward to. Their hugs are so perfect and the height difference makes it more cute. One would melt in his arms. I am glad that they are following the manga well. From the preview of episode 35-36 all I can say is they have lot of CaiSi goodies in store  for us. 

Thank you all for posting your pov about the characters and plot. I enjoy reading all your povs. Keep 'em coming:D

EDIT: I just saw another preview for episode 35-36 and I can't stop blushing. I guess it's time for me to unfollow all the major spoiler accounts on twitter. I am have major cardiac arrest tonight if I continue watching more cuteness overloaded videos

@Harry97 Nooooooo should I call the ambulance?? Don't die yet, we have so much more breathtaking cuteness ahead. LOL. Ahhhhh I can't wait either. I didn't even watch the preview for this week. I just know that there will be a bus scene and a hot kiss scene. I want to ask though, I feel like I have seen many kisses in the trailers, teasers and MVs that I feel there is nothing that is left to be seen for the first time. Hope that is not true and we  are not that much spoiled. LOL. Are there any cute moments we haven't seen anywhere else at all in these two eps??? 

49 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@Harry97 Nooooooo should I call the ambulance?? Don't die yet, we have so much more breathtaking cuteness ahead. LOL. Ahhhhh I can't wait either. I didn't even watch the preview for this week. I just know that there will be a bus scene and a hot kiss scene. I want to ask though, I feel like I have seen many kisses in the trailers, teasers and MVs that I feel there is nothing that is left to be seen for the first time. Hope that is not true and we  are not that much spoiled. LOL. Are there any cute moments we haven't seen anywhere else at all in these two eps??? 

Not sure about the kisses but saw few hugs which I haven't seen before. They are not just hugs they are TIGHT hugs. DMS stares have gotten more intense than before, secret dating, drunk shan cai and bold confession. I want to go into the details of preview but I am holding back myself for now since many of you here don't want spoilers. 

7 minutes ago, Harry97 said:

Not sure about the kisses but saw few hugs which I haven't seen before. They are not just hugs they are TIGHT hugs. DMS stares have gotten more intense than before, secret dating, drunk shan cai and bold confession. I want to go into the details of preview but I am holding back myself for now since many of you here don't want spoilers. 

AAAAAAAAAAA IM SO TRIGGERED XD 

i should have taken chinese classes last year when i had the chance lol

im so happy the next episodes are all sounding fluffy ... we all needed it 

some one made this and it just shows how mush they are following the manga even for whats coming ! the dialogues ect

its so nice ! im glad

Spoiler

all of you that keep saying that shinyue isnt as daring as didi  when it comes to scenes like those 

i kinda disagree 

i mean yeah she is kinda shy ! but also very professional and cool 

i dont know if anybody bothered to  watched her in aloveso beautiful 

but her scenes were nice and looked intimate 

i wish dylan had a background i could comare him in too xD

Spoiler

you can see all of it in this BTS for this cute scene 

spoilers for anyone that want to watch the drama here tho 

also if this aint me :,) 

Spoiler

tumblr_pdbwsnYdlb1xtyy36o1_540.png

Are we due to hit a happy patch this week? I missed last week because real life was busy. So I ended on ep 25. Then snuck into ep 32 which was the graduation scene and the whole Caina arc. Is this Terence supposed to be there? Or handsome? Is the actor supposed to be older? Because he sure looks over 35 hitting on a 18-20 yr old. It just looked pervy vs romantic.

I have watched all previous TW, JD and KD versions. So was waiting for a happy patch before restarting. Was ep 26 to 31 good as in there are happy moments? This MG version seems to have a very resistant SC. How much convincing does DMS need to do? Much as I am a fan of this franchise... even I am wondering what I am misinterpreting wrongly. Did all the other versions male lead have to fight so hard and long?

11 hours ago, feliset said:

@chocolatetruffles08 I don’t understand why he asks her to shut off her phone either. DS already has his spark back at this point, maybe he wants SC to witness the lengths DS will go to find and get her back?  But then why push her to get on the bus once DS finds SC and confessed to her again. Lei what are you thinking lol.

Maybe he's thinking "DS, are you absolutely sure this time? How far will you go? Will you be a brat again and stop chasing her after 2 hrs? 12 hrs? 18 hrs?"

In other words, you better make up your mind this time, DS!

Must be confusing for F3 to see their relationship in such a high, then a low. I remember a friend being in this kind of relationship and I couldn't handle or keep up with their fights and makeups, it got extremely frustrating for me. 

36 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Are we due to hit a happy patch this week? I missed last week because real life was busy. So I ended on ep 25. Then snuck into ep 32 which was the graduation scene and the whole Caina arc. Is this Terence supposed to be there? Or handsome? Is the actor supposed to be older? Because he sure looks over 35 hitting on a 18-20 yr old. It just looked pervy vs romantic.

I have watched all previous TW, JD and KD versions. So was waiting for a happy patch before restarting. Was ep 26 to 31 good as in there are happy moments? This MG version seems to have a very resistant SC. How much convincing does DMS need to do? Much as I am a fan of this franchise... even I am wondering what I am misinterpreting wrongly. Did all the other versions male lead have to fight so hard and long?

You have great restraint to be able to hold out for a happy patch before watching. :) Wish I had that kind of will, it'd make the rough patches so much easier to get through! To answer your question, there are some really happy moments in ep 26 but that's where they end. As far as subbed eps go, it's not back to happy yet but looks like they will come back in eps 32 or 33.

I agree this SC seems a little more resistant than usual. And combined with a softer DS, it makes it frustrating to watch sometimes because there's less reason than usual to hold her back.

As for Caina/Terrence, he's older but I'm under the impression that Caina is a bit older than our main cast as well. There's a scene where they talk about her wanting to feel young again. It'd fit with Meizuo/Akira's preference of older women in the original.

2 hours ago, rimjayc said:

all of you that keep saying that shinyue isnt as daring as didi  when it comes to scenes like those 

i kinda disagree 

i mean yeah she is kinda shy ! but also very professional and cool 

i dont know if anybody bothered to  watched her in aloveso beautiful 

but her scenes were nice and looked intimate 

i wish dylan had a background i could comare him in too xD

I saw her performance in A Love So Beautiful and I thought she handled the love scenes well there, including the bed scene. Admittedly, that bed scene was very tame, but I thought she did well. I think a lot of it depends on the director of the drama, how comfortable you are with your co-star, along with just work & life experience.  Kissing a stranger in front of a bunch of people is not an easy thing to do-it takes practice, a relaxed environment where an actor can feel safe, and working with a partner you can trust.  It's pretty obvious to me that the production is being really careful with the kiss scenes to keep everything "all ages appropriate" from the way the scenes are filmed, so I think the actors are being told a lot of times to hold back or to kiss a certain way, and the camera shots and angles sometimes help tone things down too. I think Shen Yue is probably following the director's orders here. 

It will be interesting to see how she handles things in future roles where she plays an older adult.

1 hour ago, ck1Oz said:

I believe the Terence and Caina characters are both supposed to be older. I think Terence character is supposed to be about 30, because they make it a point in the drama to mention that he is an architecture prodigy, and he won a famous architecture prize at age 28.  I thought Caina character was around 24-25 years old, but perhaps she is meant to be even older, like 27-28? because she makes comments about how young Meizou is. But I agree the actor playing Terence looks way older than 30, and Caina actress definitely doesn't look like she's  in her late 20's- very much younger, so it comes across as an older man/younger woman relationship. 

The SC in this version is very resistant, which is following more the MG2001 version where SC was also that way and basically did not actually say the words " I love you" to DS until the final episode. Korean and Japanese versions had SC declaring her feelings much earlier.  It's more noticable in this version though, partly because they have softened the DS here I think.

Ok so just watched this....

Spoiler

https://mobile.twitter.com/wanghediarchive/status/1029083391310757888

So Lei admits to doing it to push Si. Thank heavens lol. I’m guessing this comes after the bus scene but same episode. 

I love their friendship so much. 

So lei being london im guessing maybe Si called him to come because Si’s mom started more drama? And instead of a proclaiming love for SC Lei is just there to take her back to the airport? I don’t think there’s any hidden intentions now. 

1 minute ago, Tabatha Bernier said:

Ok so just watched this....

Hide contents

https://mobile.twitter.com/wanghediarchive/status/1029083391310757888

So Lei admits to doing it to push Si. Thank heavens lol. I’m guessing this comes after the bus scene but same episode. 

I love their friendship so much. 

So lei being london im guessing maybe Si called him to come because Si’s mom started more drama? And instead of a proclaiming love for SC Lei is just there to take her back to the airport? I don’t think there’s any hidden intentions now. 

Re: spoiler above

Spoiler

I feel like with him saying that SC isn't just 'other people', it still leaves room for a confession. He makes it clear he cares a lot about them both and I think as long as they're both happy, he's happy too. In the manga, his confession comes out after Doumyoji treats her badly in NY and it's not really a 'I'm gonna steal your girl' type of confession like this most recent arc, but more like a 'what the f are you doing, you're supposed to take care of her. If you can't do it, then I will..'. He references a few times in the past where he hid his feelings from her for their sake. You can see him hold back when he meets her at the tea shop so I think this could come back.

As for Caina/Terrence, I googled their ages out of curiosity. :D hes 40 and shes 29. i think they look their ages.

Holy cow @feliset. The actor is allowed to be old. But man no wonder I was looking at those and going " mama mia " there's something wrong with the scenes. Here we are with the fresh 19 yr old male lead. And his college friends.

Then we hit a patch of older OTP. Can't remember those 2 at all in the Kdrama version. Even DMS sister is older. I am not a young kid watching a drama. I can recognise older actors when they are their age.

Oh well. Back to another drama until this week's episodes are subbed.

13 minutes ago, feliset said:

You have great restraint to be able to hold out for a happy patch before watching. :) Wish I had that kind of will, it'd make the rough patches so much easier to get through! To answer your question, there are some really happy moments in ep 26 but that's where they end. As far as subbed eps go, it's not back to happy yet but looks like they will come back in eps 32 or 33.

I agree this SC seems a little more resistant than usual. And combined with a softer DS, it makes it frustrating to watch sometimes because there's less reason than usual to hold her back.

As for Caina/Terrence, he's older but I'm under the impression that Caina is a bit older than our main cast as well. There's a scene where they talk about her wanting to feel young again. It'd fit with Meizuo/Akira's preference of older women in the original.

you guys should watch the episodes completely to find out tho. It is much better to watch it to completely understand where their character decisions are coming from.

And NO, there is no less reasons than usual to hold her back. This version does have a much equal consequences as previous versions if Daomingsi & Shancai will be together thats why Shancai is resistant.

I like the fact that Shancai is “more resistant” here because its in a way, an embodiment of a more realistic decisions for someone of her young age, gender, and status in life. And contrary to what bashers says that she is not someone feministic, her character here is way more feministic than those of previous live version Shancais. she may not be spunky because you know, you don’t have to be spunky to show you’re a strong independent woman, but her firm decision and action of being restraint and bluntly telling a guy that  she can’t accept his feelings because she is not sure yet, I think thats a sure sign of feminism, its just different but still solid. 

Archived