Quantcast
Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I remember seeing a post asking if anyone could make HuaZe Lei gifs, so here are some...  P.S. I had to upload the rest under spoiler so this post doesn't get too long.      

What in the world this show is doing to me??? Who in the hell invented that freaking hotpot?? I'm going to kill that person. Seriously why is this soooo painful. Why am I crying this much??? Who opene

@bccem99 this really is the best version of DS. I really liked that he’s also a top student in this one and takes his studies seriously. In one of the episodes Ximen and Meizuo asked him where he’d be

I found these videos on YT and thought maybe some of you haven't seen them (i haven't seen them until today). I don't believe they are posted in here. If any of them is a repeat, let me know. Some same cuts but each video have cuts of Dylan Wang and Shen Yue other vids don't have (They looked soo cute together :wub: though).

 

 

 

 

 

Credits to the YT uploaders!

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rimjayc said:

for the people wondering if RUI/lei actually do confess his feelings directly to makino/sanshai 

here is some scans i posted from the manga few days go while i was curious too

 

 

 

 

I also just went back and read through that volume too to refresh my memory and here are some more confirmations and Makino's realizations afterwards for those curious :)


 

Spoiler

 

Rui's confession to Doumyoji in front of Makino. It feels genuine to me.

 

2ce7b7d2bb5b73e46c7b6fe8cbb61e0bdc1ab637

96699f5dd0cdbf88497f977a40af9b1a43fd0a6d

e480325f6479a97025cbd7c7a4dec847235cb395

e0083e79294e3acb4b0ff13a25554f21a11137bd

02be331090a186a3defc08af0c887028aa4f3daa

d399e73fac859701bc3621047da14392714ad2ce

 


 


 

Spoiler

 

Makino telling Rui she loves Doumyoji.

3e9463c2c46067c9cb48b51960b733bafba9643c

041bb37c3d5b2320720a8040320953dfd94ef94d

 


 

Spoiler

 

and finalllyyy Makino asking herself if his confession had come earlier, would this have stopped her from falling in love with Doumyoji? She says NO :) I don't know if I agree with her because if her and Rui had become a thing before he ever left for France, I don't think Doumyoji would have pursued her in the same way. His persistence is definitely one of the key reasons he could get her to fall for him. BUT I'm here for her realization cause I'm 100% Makino/Doumyoji DMS/SC. I like Rui, but not for her.

 

c1994470aabbdc65e331b7b0d0057ec557f337d4

54be4d956d9a3bbfd33e7f69ff0a66cb35274e73

abf0d3c6e80332f5c2d5a16a1ff0a835d053bf52

a9af6ad2aa211bcc96fb968e62717d8299154e36

ffefdefd74ca51ee1a5de6c0e2aad232826d41ce

a9af6ad2aa211bcc96fb968e62717d8299154e36


 

Spoiler


Reading all of this again now, I wonder if they'll still make Lei follow her to London? It might seem repetitive now that he's already gone through his confession in the current arc.

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

BTW, what is the response to this show?

 

I read online, it has low ratings and being criticized a lot on weibo??

 

i thought this would be a sweep away success.. atleast no less than love so beautiful

I think it was just in the beginning (I had doubts myself in the beginning lol) but it has a lot of views on mango tv (3 mil?) (where it streams online; that's on top of being aired on Hunan TV - and apparently the ratings on TV are decent as well, on par with other popular dramas), and the OST is selling well. It's definitely not a flop though domestically seems to be less of a runaway success? There could be other metrics too, like buzz online, etc. Internationally, I'd definitely say it's a success :D 

 

@feliset I like your point about the change; it does make it that much more dramatic/heart wrenching. Separation due to misunderstanding (external factors) is fine, but separation due to the couple's own decision (internal) is much more realistic and impactful.

 

That said, they could have thought through the Lei character better. To me, his confession to SC in New York (in the manga) was so memorable. This scheming violin playing confession is just so lame -_- 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@feliset totaly agree with you my friend

i actually felt the same thing rereading that chapter 

 

and im sure if rui managed to express his feeling strngly from the start 

domiyoji wouldnt have been that persistant ( as mush as he got after rui left for paris) he loves his bestfriend and f4 was too mush to destroy that friendship and

he showed it way too many times ( like when he talked about how sorry he felt for rui when he destroyes hisfavorite toy .. and never foegave himself) (or when on their hightschool years when he leaded them si proudly)

 

as for this 2018 version im pretty sure we are having something close to that again ( lei going to london to get back sancai) since there is that scene in the ost MVs ect where lei her clearly standing next to the car ready to get in together in london whle SI is standing there too 

Around 1min10 :

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, rimjayc said:

@feliset totaly agree with you my friend

i actually felt the same thing rereading that chapter 

 

and im sure if rui managed to express his feeling strngly from the start 

domiyoji wouldnt have been that persistant ( as mush as he got after rui left for paris) he loves his bestfriend and f4 was too mush to destroy that friendship and

he showed it way too many times ( like when he talked about how sorry he felt for rui when he destroyes hisfavorite toy .. and never foegave himself) (or when on their hightschool years when he leaded them si proudly)

 

as for this 2018 version im pretty sure we are having something close to that again ( lei going to london to get back sancai) since there is that scene in the ost MVs ect where lei her clearly standing next to the car ready to get in together in london whle SI is standing there too 

Around 1min10 :

 

I don't think DS can or could function without SC.. she is the only girl he actually ever liked..

 

DS reaction would have been the opposite.. he would have distanced himself from f4 and this life overall.. he would have gone away because it is impossible for him to see SC romantically involved with someone else..

 

don't forget that whole robot thing comes much later.. in all versions, when this fight is going on DS VS SC and Lei..  there is one moment before the showdown when DS asks SC to say she likes him and he will call off the whole competition.. and his torturing of Lei... in this drama, that is replaced with the scene in front of his house, he gets off the car and runs to hug her

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, insertusernamehere said:

@feliset I like your point about the change; it does make it that much more dramatic/heart wrenching. Separation due to misunderstanding (external factors) is fine, but separation due to the couple's own decision (internal) is much more realistic and impactful.

yes exactly! I'm just so devastated that he would do that. It'll definitely make their reunion more meaningful though.

 

@rimjaycoh... well then. Haha. Not sure how I feel about having to witness another lei triangle. I have the feeling that maybe SC and her cluelessness won't really understand the meaning behind his actions in the current arc so that will leave room for him to spell out his confession to her in London.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm soo behind on this drama. Been busy these past couple days, will have to catch up on the weekend.

 

But man they portray Lei's character really good in this one. He loves them both and even though he's gonna be the one who hurts the most, as along as the two people he loves are happy. Lei, you are too nice. I've always liked this character in this whole meteor garden series. :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

I don't think DS can or could function without SC.. she is the only girl he actually ever liked..

 

DS reaction would have been the opposite.. he would have distanced himself from f4 and this life overall.. he would have gone away because it is impossible for him to see SC romantically involved with someone else..

 

don't forget that whole robot thing comes much later.. in all versions, when this fight is going on DS VS SC and Lei..  there is one moment before the showdown when DS asks SC to say she likes him and he will call off the whole competition.. and his torturing of Lei... in this drama, that is replaced with the scene in front of his house, he gets off the car and runs to hug her

There's a "robot thing"? That sounds quite interesting lol. I did read the above persons scans of the scenes where SC is asked about Lei and if she likes him etc, I hope that's how it plays out in the show too. I feel SC and DS have such a turbulent confusing but amazing relationship. I ship them more than any TV couple. Idk how I'm going to feel when this is all done and over with. Re-runs for months lol.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

I don't think DS can or could function without SC.. she is the only girl he actually ever liked..

 

DS reaction would have been the opposite.. he would have distanced himself from f4 and this life overall.. he would have gone away because it is impossible for him to see SC romantically involved with someone else..

 

don't forget that whole robot thing comes much later.. in all versions, when this fight is going on DS VS SC and Lei..  there is one moment before the showdown when DS asks SC to say she likes him and he will call off the whole competition.. and his torturing of Lei... in this drama, that is replaced with the scene in front of his house, he gets off the car and runs to hug her

 

I feel maybe DS could have learned to let it go if SC and Lei got together somewhere between the first time Lei saves her from DS' bullying but before the accidental kiss that led to those misunderstandings and forced rooftop kiss. Who knows though, our boy DS is pretty crazy lol.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

I don't think DS can or could function without SC.. she is the only girl he actually ever liked..

 

DS reaction would have been the opposite.. he would have distanced himself from f4 and this life overall.. he would have gone away because it is impossible for him to see SC romantically involved with someone else..

 

Ho yeah i agree with that too xD ( as two sided as i may sound) 

We can even say that at some point DS is almost codependent when it comes to his girl 

i mean he stops enjoying everything in life really 

dont even meet his closest people 

and as he said lost all kind of feelings and just feels pain and emptiness ( the boy dont even wanna eat at home lol)

 

but we all agree that his passion growsup with time .. he passed a bunch of lvls when it comes to love ( from comfusion , who the hell is this cute short girl i cant stop thinking about to HellICAntLiveWithOutYOu ) 

 

yet his relationship with lei or the f4 is always in his mind (priorities) 

even in this version .. for exemple even after ley comeback from paris and there is that arc with  all the fighting and him begging sc to tell him he is the one she likes the most ect 

once they started playing cards , AND WE ALL KNOW he was winning ! Yet he let it all go by the end ( not wanting lei nor sc to be hurt ect ) and somehow a part of him forgiving/accepting them too ? 

 ( he even takes a plane right to london to change his mind and let them be )

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Tabatha Bernier said:

. I feel SC and DS have such a turbulent confusing but amazing relationship. I ship them more than any TV couple. Idk how I'm going to feel when this is all done and over with. Re-runs for months lol.

 IKR :relieved:

those two always feel like a huricane

beautiful yet devastating 

they are perfectly imperfect somehow ! 

its one of the rare couples i just cant get enough off ! As many versions as i watch 

makinoxdomiyoji are always number 1 otp

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, rimjayc said:

Ho yeah i agree with that too xD ( as two sided as i may sound) 

We can even say that at some point DS is almost codependent when it comes to his girl 

i mean he stops enjoying everything in life really 

dont even meet his closest people 

and as he said lost all kind of feelings and just feels pain and emptiness ( the boy dont even wanna eat at home lol)

 

but we all agree that his passion growsup with time .. he passed a bunch of lvls when it comes to love ( from comfusion , who the hell is this cute short girl i cant stop thinking about to HellICAntLiveWithOutYOu ) 

 

yet his relationship with lei or the f4 is always in his mind (priorities) 

even in this version .. for exemple even after ley comeback from paris and there is that arc with  all the fighting and him begging sc to tell him he is the one she likes the most ect 

once they started playing cards , AND WE ALL KNOW he was winning ! Yet he let it all go by the end ( not wanting lei nor sc to be hurt ect ) and somehow a part of him forgiving/accepting them too ? 

 ( he even takes a plane right to london to change his mind and let them be )

 

hehe.. during that bridge game he was manipulated by all 3 F4s so well..

 

Lei purposely held SC's hands to rile him up

 

and decisive was the other guy telling DS that if Lei and SC lose the game, they can always meet Lei at home.. but where will they see SC :P

 

it was so funny and after this DS gave up the game

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep replaying the scene where Si broke down crying bc if his breakup and that just breaks my heart. When he thinks he is fine and he keeps drinking alcohol, and then he breaks down and cried :(!!

  • Sad 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched 32 raw last night. So what do you guys think made Si decide that he should go after SC again??? Lei's violin playing confession??? I still would like to believe that the reason why Lei did that was to provoke Si. Sigh. I think I'm doomed. LOL. @feliset Thanks for sharing those snippets from the manga. It was nice seeing SC acknowledge that Si is the only one for her. Hehe. My heart is filled completely and it almost makes me want to read the manga. 

 

I think I just have to accept the fact that Lei is in love with SC in this version as well. And somehow I can understand why he would be mad at Si for not protecting SC properly. It's really hard to read Lei so I'm going to take whatever he says out loud as true. Meh. 

6 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

oh.. you got me thinking.. will have to check again if its after she cut her hair

lol.. only thing i get from this is.. SC is a PhD in playing hard.. she lets boys kiss her and then claim she has no feelings whatsoever.. and which she probably truly doesn't..

 

people who want to learn how to play hard to get.. lol contact SC

 

 

Serious note, yes you are right about her starting to depend on and DS becoming important ( but i do wonder if it was because Lei had left and she basically had lost her comrade with whom she discussed things and DS was there for her in her embarassing moments.. and that standing in rain did make her realize that DS is a very sincere person)

 

on whether SC could be won by Lei or not.. hmm.. guess we will have to agree to disagree here..  while i do somewhat get how you view things.. to me it will always be the case where she moved on because she realized she couldn't have what she wanted.. and if she lets another man kiss her (knowing how frivolous it is) while letting another man kiss her (that's shows disregard for the man who kissed her first)..

 

BTW, help me here.. when did she allow DS to kiss her before Lei's kiss - in the bedroom is it when they go on that vacation?

Nah!!!.. I love DS too.. and frankly SC would be irritating girlfriend to anyone but to DS (only because he is such a sweetheart and madly in love with her)...

 

and like i said, i just ship lei with lei himself.. like just make him happy

 

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

hehe.. during that bridge game he was manipulated by all 3 F4s so well..

 

Lei purposely held SC's hands to rile him up

 

and decisive was the other guy telling DS that if Lei and SC lose the game, they can always meet Lei at home.. but where will they see SC :P

 

it was so funny and after this DS gave up the game

I can't believe you are not even giving credit for Si for doing such a selfless thing, it's not everyday he does something like that. LOL. He is not Lei, whose middle name is Sacrifice. Hahaha. Seriously though, it was huge enough for him to even get manipulated into giving up. We can all agree that he has a bird's brain and can't think through stuff properly, thank God he has good friends in F3 who makes him understand what is good and bad. 

 

@rosierosie Same!!!! The crying scene was way more heartwrenching than I ever expected it to be. Did you notice how red he was from all the crying?? It was like someone slapped him 100 times. LOL. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2018 at 5:24 PM, lan_lan said:

 

A translation from subs of that whole preview for you here.   @kokodus DO NOT OPEN FOR YOU WILL SPOIL YOURSELF :warning:

  Reveal hidden contents

 

SC: I'm not prepared yet...

MS: If I give you time to prepare, you'll surely run away

SC(to herself): He's figured me out

MS: You really have no idea... that this expression of yours...makes me the most sensitive. (t/n: that's a direct trans, but in other words, it turns him on haha)

 

Then after the kiss, DMS being DMS killed the mood for a girl...<_<

MS: Shancai, you're too short.  I have to bend all the way down like this

SC: Who asked you to do this everytime?

MS: Why don't you lift your head up higher... so that I can also hug you?

SC: I'm so nervous I could die... how can I still think about that?

MS: What do you have to be nervous about?  Not even just a little bit...(ref. to cooperating for a better kissing position).  Be more confident for me.

 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

The start of the arc when he called the police on her because he couldn't find her for a whole day lmao.

 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

by the way.. thank you for these translations. I love your interpretation of the kiss dialogue way more than what I've seen on the subbed previews haha. :love:

 

On that note, what's up with the G-rated kisses on this show? I don't watch a lot of asian dramas so I have no idea if this closed mouth lip pressing is standard or what. Sometimes they don't even look like they're getting eachother's lips straight on, it drives me nuts. The latest preview is a slight improvement on DS' part so I'm hoping they're just trying to show a progression as they get more comfortable with eachother. I couldn't help but laugh when on that beach party scene, they cut to other couples kissing and they all just literally looked like they were just cheek to cheek.  The slow motion closing in on the kiss from 3 different angles is a bit awkward too lol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys! I've been following your MG posts and thought I'd chime in (if you don't mind) on your funny, thoughtful conversations about this cRaZy, addicting drama. 

 

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

I watched 32 raw last night. So what do you guys think made Si decide that he should go after SC again??? Lei's violin playing confession??? I still would like to believe that the reason why Lei did that was to provoke Si. Sigh. I think I'm doomed. LOL. 

I'm also wondering what made DMS change his mind. Maybe it is Lei's violin confession. But it doesn't seem to have that much impact to me. I hope it's something else convincing that really pushed DMS to fight for his girl. It's been a long time since I've watched MG2001 and BOF, so I can't remember the details. Maybe Ms. Yu (who reminds me so much of the MG2001 Ms. Yu) knocked some sense into DMS by telling him what SC confessed to her when they last met.

 

I also think Lei did and said those things to help SC and DMS get back together. I never got the feeling from Lei that he truly likes SC. Even if he does, in this version of MG, it's not as strong as DMS's love for SC. The chemistry I see between SC and Lei is only friendship. Lei doesn't seem the type of friend to break the bro code. It ain't cool.

 

And you're not alone. I'm doomed too. This version has taken over my life just like MG2001. Hahahaha. Dylan and Shen Yue are so adorkable! Their chemistry is truly undeniable. I just found out today that F4 and Shen Yue are having another show. I can't tell for sure if it's a live variety show or musical drama. And have you guys seen what happens after the police interrupts SC and DMS's sweet moment? It's too cute for words. Waiting for next week's episode is a torture after seeing those spoiler clips. Click at your own sanity. Lol :)

 

https://www.instagram.com/dylanwangchina/

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jillia changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...