[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Meteor Garden 流星花園

kokodus

Why does DMS and Lei have to “fight” over Shancai’s affections:tears:

Wouldn’t it be great if Shancai, DMS, and Lei could just be in a relationship all together! :D 

*Sigh* I love Shancai with DMS. I love Shancai with Lei...I love DMS with Lei...Those scenes where DMS is in bed with Lei (The birthday cookie/biscuit eating scene and the DMS/Lei sleepover)....I thought they were soooo freaken cute and funny.....the three of them should stop fighting and just get together:lol::P

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, bccem99 said:

New to the forum (and the drama) so sorry if this question has been asked. But, can someone tell me if there is any symbolism to why we often see Si's breath?

Also, as an American watching this show, one of the things that has impressed me the most is how much the feeling/emotion comes through in their acting. I mean, I am reading while watching this and was just devastated by her distress in the pool looking for the necklace despite not knowing the language. Or with the forced kiss...you could feel her terror the first time you watch it.

Welcome!!

No symbolism - they filmed this during the winter and due to the outdoor filming and when indoor you cant run heaters due to noise (no central heating in most of Asia - source: I lived there) its always cold for them, hence the breath (you see other people's too not just dms). In an interview the cast said they liked filming in Ximens house the most because that was the only place that was heated (weve only seen it in one scene so far I think, when Ximen comforted Xiaoyu). And in BTS clips you always see them wrapped up in layers of coats and jackets in between scenes :D poor kids :(

And yeah Im with you re:the emotions! Shen Yue is such a good cryer & actress! She doesnt get enough credit!

Just watched the fansubbed 31/32

Spoiler

I agree it looks like Lei is doing all this to help get DS/SC back together.. but I don’t get his plan lol. He just seems like he’s getting in the way.  I guess he wants to ignite some kind of realization in them? I’m confused about xiao zi’s intentions too.. I was getting the feeling she was serious about trying to pushing SC further from DS, but then her and Lei came up with that violin plan together. So is it mean to drive them closer or further apart??

44 minutes ago, sunnyfly said:

Why does DMS and Lei have to “fight” over Shancai’s affections:tears:

Wouldn’t it be great if Shancai, DMS, and Lei could just be in a relationship all together! :D 

*Sigh* I love Shancai with DMS. I love Shancai with Lei...I love DMS with Lei...Those scenes where DMS is in bed with Lei (The birthday cookie/biscuit eating scene and the DMS/Lei sleepover)....I thought they were soooo freaken cute and funny.....the three of them should stop fighting and just get together:lol::P

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I so would love if they resolve it like that. LOL. 

Rewatching the scene where SC was frantically looking for her necklace. I gotta say, this was her best scene so far. You can really feel and see how anguished she was about the thought of losing her necklace forever. Lei was also quite distressed to see her in that state... while DS was in so much grief about losing SC... worse, losing her to Lei.

SC losing DS (DS=necklace)

Lei realising SC is in love with DS and has zero chance with her

DS thinking he's lost SC

How many times can our hearts break in 5 minutes? :heartbreak:

I just finished watching 31 and 32 with subs. While watching it, I was totally confused on why everyone was doing what they were doing... Lol. But after thinking about it for a while, I guess I can see the reasons behind their actions. Lei is probably so fed up with these kids fighting all the time, so he wanted to end all this and teach them a lesson for once and all by giving Si a death scare. LOL. And my poor puppy fell in the trap and the best part is that he doesn't even realize that he took the bait. Hahahahaha. I especially liked the last part when he went and declared to Lei that "SHANCAI IS MINE". While he was in the bed, I might add. I was getting antsy that we didn't get any bed scene between them this week,thankfully they gave us one. LOLOL. 

@feliset About Xiao zi, I think she was indeed serious about getting him back. I guess, Lei probably went with her plan because he was sure that neither SC nor Si would have any of it and it might also make her give up on Si. The plan worked both ways. Both Si and Xiao Zi realized that he would never be able to give up on SC. LOL. Lei is absolutely amazing. I still think he has not developed any romantic feelings for SC yet. That's how I would like to believe, I don't want to see  him heartbroken at the end. Sighhh. 

I also just finished watching episodes 31 and 32.

I think Lei is doing those to make the SC and DS realise they're both being unreasonable and childish. Lei has been there, done that with Jing, so he was lecturing SC after work to persevere so she won't have any regrets.

Having said that, yes he's doing these things to push the two together but it doesn't take away the fact that he still loves SC. And it must be so good for him to somehow show his real feelings. Killing two birds in one stone, I think! It must be so tiring to keep hiding his real feelings and it's refreshing to not do that this time around. And he knows DS will certainly rise up to the challenge... and he did.

Lei is such a good manipulator. Deadly quiet, very observant and can read others very well.

I don't know what his smile meant when he was woken up by DS though. Maybe "I knew it!", "Yes! Finally you came to your senses!" or "Sure, let's compete" *smirk*

I also don't understand why he asked SC to turn off her phone for 2 days. To further test DS and SC's resolve? Or for him to have the upper hand against DS? :blink:

Also how beautifully symbolic and meaningful that Lei was the one who found the necklace for her.... The necklace symbolizes DMS/DMS's love for SC. When both of them were ready to throw that love away for stupid reasons all the while being heartbroken about it, Lei comes for the rescue. He doesn't want to find it at first but seeing how  pathetic SC was, he gave in...ahhhhhhh so much feels.I remember liking this scene in J version but the difference is Makino already realized and confessed her love to Tsukasa way before this scene happens unlike here where I believe this is the moment SC truly realizes how deeply she loves him. The k version altered this scene and put it in the memory loss arc. Lol. 

@kokodus Yes!! Lei truly wants SC to be happy and likewise with DS. It doesn't matter that SC only sees him as a friend as long as she's happy. So selfless!

Darren's song, Gentleness Behind the Flower, is really an appropriate song for what he feels towards SC.

I'm gonna go sit in the corner and cry for Lei :bawling:

My boy will be sad for all eternity. SC and DS better have a blissful, married life for all the trouble all 3 of them went through!

@enigmatic_zephyomg that Big Bang parody LOL!!!!!! Never seen that before. TOP as DS is hilarious. 

@chocolatetruffles08 I don’t understand why he asks her to shut off her phone either. DS already has his spark back at this point, maybe he wants SC to witness the lengths DS will go to find and get her back?  But then why push her to get on the bus once DS finds SC and confessed to her again. Lei what are you thinking lol.

25 minutes ago, feliset said:

@chocolatetruffles08 I don’t understand why he asks her to shut off her phone either. DS already has his spark back at this point, maybe he wants SC to witness the lengths DS will go to find and get her back?  But then why push her to get on the bus once DS finds SC and confessed to her again. Lei what are you thinking lol.

yes! and then when he can tell she's contemplating on getting off the bus he tells her to stop thinking about him because she already made her decision to not stay with him.. I was so confused by this and that's what made me think that maybe Lei honestly wants to be SC this time. I think I will have to wait until this ep comes out so I can actually see the before, during and after versus just what's happening for that minute, it may make more sense once we see the episode in it's entirety.

I was a total SC+Lei fan in the beginning, I have converted to SC+DS for life but I can't help but feel a sadness and an ache for Lei+SC whenever I see him go above and beyond for her.

8 minutes ago, Tabatha Bernier said:

yes! and then when he can tell she's contemplating on getting off the bus he tells her to stop thinking about him because she already made her decision to not stay with him.. I was so confused by this and that's what made me think that maybe Lei honestly wants to be SC this time. I think I will have to wait until this ep comes out so I can actually see the before, during and after versus just what's happening for that minute, it may make more sense once we see the episode in it's entirety.

I was a total SC+Lei fan in the beginning, I have converted to SC+DS for life but I can't help but feel a sadness and an ache for Lei+SC whenever I see him go above and beyond for her.

lol all those are reverse psychology tactics..

Let's say you are dieting, you know you should not eat choclate.. but i want you to eat choclate.. so if i tell you to eat it... you get a motivation to not eat it (because its a powerplay, your brain gets a high with that win.. the rebel gets satisfied).. but if i know you badly want to eat it and craving for it.. and i tell you to stop looking at it (the rebel raises its head the other way now ;) ..  eventually you will reach the decision that you can eat the choclate and work out really hard to sweat it out..  and your brain is satisfied because of poweplay.. afterall its a fabulous solution and you think your brain came up with that .. and the rebel gets satisfied 

19 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

lol all those are reverse psychology tactics..

Let's say you are dieting, you know you should not eat choclate.. but i want you to eat choclate.. so if i tell you to eat it... you get a motivation to not eat it (because its a powerplay, your brain gets a high with that win.. the rebel gets satisfied).. but if i know you badly want to eat it and craving for it.. and i tell you to stop looking at it (the rebel raises its head the other way now ;) ..  eventually you will reach the decision that you can eat the choclate and work out really hard to sweat it out..  and your brain is satisfied because of poweplay.. afterall its a fabulous solution and you think your brain came up with that .. and the rebel gets satisfied 

Smart answer my friend ! 

Thats exactly what lei is doing 

i mean i still think that deep inside he gets lost in this cravings for sc attention too ( they are the base love triangle in the story after all lol)

like when he goes to see her alone at the coffee shop and express to her how mush he enjoy this alone time with her without daoming si around stealing all the attention and time and how mush its enjoyable for him just being the two of them 

but he knows his limits he got his priorities straight 

and that guys is a respectable friend ! A gem really 

for that 48h off phone thing 

its a nother showoff test really ... and its gonna be clear when we are gonna see the episode fully ( its only gonna show how mush of a crazy in love fool Si is ! And im all for it xD) 

for yall that have been claiming that si easly gave up on those episodes even after claiming « i will follow you wherever you go ! I will run after you even if its mars »

well lets watch him really run after her in that bus scene ! My poor baby is gonna give it his all TT 

that scene in the preview when he even told her « i cant live without you ! Dont go ! Dont leave me » ughhhhhh 

i love an expressive dao ming si TT

cant wait for 33/34 tbh

omg looks like today’s episodes are really good!

I unfollowed the bigger accounts on twitter since they are the biggest spoiler! :lol:

I want to watch these feel-good episodes for this week with english subtitle so I don’t wanna see spoilers!

It will be more exciting if many scenes will surprise you, so I suggest you guys should not view any video clips/pics if you will not watch the whole episode yet!  :D hahahaha!  

4 hours ago, kokodus said:

@feliset About Xiao zi, I think she was indeed serious about getting him back. I guess, Lei probably went with her plan because he was sure that neither SC nor Si would have any of it and it might also make her give up on Si. The plan worked both ways. Both Si and Xiao Zi realized that he would never be able to give up on SC. LOL. Lei is absolutely amazing. I still think he has not developed any romantic feelings for SC yet. That's how I would like to believe, I don't want to see  him heartbroken at the end. Sighhh. 

argh I don't know what they did with Xiao Zi in this series. Shigeru had her weak moments in the manga but you could always tell she really valued her friendship with Makino. I think that's been a little lost in MG2018. Can't blame her though, I might be just as weak in her spot against DS haha. :flushed:

30 minutes ago, marielou92 said:

omg looks like today’s episodes are really good!

I unfollowed the bigger accounts on twitter since they are the biggest spoiler! :lol:

I want to watch these feel-good episodes for this week with english subtitle so I don’t wanna see spoilers!

It will be more exciting if many scenes will surprise you, so I suggest you guys should not view any video clips/pics if you will not watch the whole episode yet!  :D hahahaha!  

haha I can't help myself! I rewatch episodes in full then my fav scenes 2390482304 times anyways so I don't really mind. :love:

aghhh just went through twitter. all the clips look so good.. looks like they're adapting a lot of scenes from the manga. So exciteddddd

10 minutes ago, feliset said:

argh I don't know what they did with Xiao Zi in this series. Shigeru had her weak moments in the manga but you could always tell she really valued her friendship with Makino. I think that's been a little lost in MG2018. Can't blame her though, I might be just as weak in her spot against DS haha. :flushed:

I agree! I think we the viewers would be a lot more sympathetic towards her conflicted feelings if we had had the chance to see her friendship with SC really develop. It doesn't really seem like they're that close in MG2018 (SC basically forced to listen to XZ complain every night while she and DMS were dating haha) so the violin scene just seemed a little conniving on her part

11 hours ago, insertusernamehere said:

Agree with everyone re: the passion/restrain; although I do have to say that Dylan & YueYue have the best physical chemistry (except for kissing lol). They are just SO comfortable with each other, physically. I don't remember in any other version where DMS & SC have so many moments where they interact so comfortably with each other, even before they officially date (e.g. when they played cards the night before her competition), and even more so after they start dating (e.g. the nose kiss when they helped each other study, etc.). This is different from the manga but I'm so glad for ONCE SC doesn't seem like a 5 year old, shrinking away or getting ridiculously embarrassed whenever he tried to touch her. 

@insertusernamehere totally agree with everything you said! My favourite scenes are the ones you mentioned - when they played cards in Si’s bedroom and the nose kiss when they were studying together. It just goes to show that they are such a good match and it kinda gives you a glimpse of what everyday life would be like for them after they get married. Remember too that although SC is totally comfortable with Lei, she just doesn’t have the spark with him. Their first date was even boring! With Si, all they have to do is stay in his room and magic happens. Lol

11 hours ago, feliset said:

@kokodusI do think the sweeter approach does match our new smart woke bridge playing 2018 DMS haha. I like how they toned down the violence without losing the essence of the character too because that was one of things that always had me conflicted about the character in the original. We still got the takeout box throwing (with immediate guilt in his face after XD) and the forced kiss but I can totally do without the outright slapping her and other hitting of women.

Totally!!! Their chemistry is soooo good. One of my favs is the bed scene when they’re drawing on each others faces. I love whenever they look at eachother sleeping. It’s just too sweet. 2018 dms/sc is so good...

@feliset I also like that they toned down the bullying in this version bec it always made F4 seem so immature in the other versions. I like that in this version, they reasoned that forcing people to make a bet before playing bridge was to avoid them having to play bridge with challengers all the time and not bec they were picking fights with people. I also thought it’s nice that they are known not so much for their wealth (they didn’t seem to speak about it when F4 was introduced) and rather known for being top students beside being handsome. 

10 hours ago, rimjayc said:

« SPoiled brat , littel boy , spoiled man » 

yep thats domiyoji tsukasa all around xD

@feliset me and @kokodus brough up that chapter few days ago and wished for it to be redone in this version so bad xD

the chances are weak to be honest ( that scene is very daring ..shin yue did some cute kiss/cuddle bed scenes in a love so beautiful  as shy as she can get she is good ... i dont know about didi tho xD )

And i dont know if the mood of the drama will follow too ... they are keeping it very pg13

but hey the pd said they will follow the manga closely ... who knows may for the last episodes ? 

@rimjayc I am hoping there will be more intimacy in the next episodes!

9 hours ago, feliset said:

@rimjaycyea I don’t think they’ll go there either but one can hope :). Even if it’s just verbal, I’d love to hear a little more. Like the one chapter after he’s moved in the apt net to her and she falls asleep on him, he calls her stupid for falling asleep cause now he could take advantage of her. Or I forget which chapter but when he likens the sight of her/not being able to have her to a buffet in front of a starving man. :tounge_xd:

That spoiler scene... ahhhhh :bawling:

@feliset same! Let’s hope for more!

5 hours ago, ilu2 said:

I remember seeing a post asking if anyone could make HuaZe Lei gifs, so here are some... 

P.S. I had to upload the rest under spoiler so this post doesn't get too long.

XuAE1Dq.gif 

Hide contents

W8HmJ32.gif

9oQJsXH.gif

@ilu2 thanks for the Lei gifs! My favs are the ones of him smiling ❤️

Archived