Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2019] Different Dreams, 이몽

1 minute ago, QSD said:

Regarding to the question by Oda, I believe Hiroshi would choose the strong one is the survivor since he supports Count Noda, who is a powerful man.

I don't think it was all about Noda for HIroshi. Maybe I am just putting more meaning to it, but I think his reply is somehow cryptic, like a warning. Maybe it is just me wanting more of Hiroshi character than who he is supposed to be. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 11:00 PM, QSD said:

She could have cared for her father genuinely at one point while it looks like nothing yet for the other two men.  Not sure what exactly is YJ’s rank in KPG, I just have a hunch that her role is to end the war peacefully.

According to the preview texts, Miki’s adoptive father would pass away probably by something like Hiroshi did to his director.  And she knows who YJ is.  It also revealing Heroic Corps executing an explosion at Governor General Office (GGO), but KWB can’t get out of the scene. The wounded are being taken to the hospital, and YJ is surprised to learn that one of the wounded is … that can’t be KWB, is it?  Matsuura might not know who KWB is.  In contrast, Fukuda met him already so … nevertheless, it sounds like from the preview that KWB didn’t tell YJ about his plan at GGO.  Therefore, it’s possible one of the wounded persons she sees at the hospital is KWB, but then that would get out of hands exponentially fast if it’s the case.  How would they escape from the big mess which created?  It’s interesting to find out whose exactly is the person that YJ surprised when she sees.

It appears so.  KWB might know her true ID as Bluebird in next week.

It's a good point: despite the vibe  of their conversation in the car, her feelings for Hiroshi still seems ambiguous.

I think she was honest about being grateful for being saved and for all the discoveries that her new life brought to her, but  her gratefulness seems like a cover for something else: her lack of emotional attachment for him. Gratefulness is not love. There's things she didn't say like  he was like a real father to her or make her proud to be his daughter though they don't share the same blood, and the absence of those words is telling.

The drama never adresses her real feelings, from a place where she could be totally honest. I wonder what does she know of her real emotions if she's not allowed to confront people about them.  It feels like this mystery is deliberately kept to  make futur twists/cliffanghers more powerful because we won't know what she will do. 

Somehow it works: today i can't tell if in a matter of life or death, she would save Hiroshi. 

I think that ultimately the biggest question of Hiroshi's life  is also the same: would he save her? How much  would he sacrifice for her? I think the question will come for him at the end of the drama.

I don't think she has a rank in the KPG. She's outside the hierarchy. I see her as an undercover spy, unknow to the others spies of her side. Everyone in the KPG, whatever their rank, can be ordered to help her but they don't know why or who she is.        

My theory is it's Kim Won Bong who appears at the hospital, probably wounded: this plan to blow up the Governor's office seem too hasty to work  well with all the threats looming over our resistants heads.  

I can't find a link for the trailer for ep 8 with eng subs, but it answered your questions.

•  Young Jin asked kim Won Bong if he will tell her what he's going to do at the Governor's office and he answered that he can't talk about the order
  • She also said to him that if he wants to protect someone, he must trust that person first. 

About Kim Won's Bong returning her copy of Bluebird: So she gave up her identity to win his trust? Wow, That's a REAL commitment.:w00t:

On 5/27/2019 at 1:09 AM, QSD said:

It's strange why Miki sticking to him and getting spanked in every 3 days.  It can’t be that she likes being whipped.  Maybe she loves being spoiled by him and enjoying the power for staying with him at the same time.  She might have something under her sleeves.  We shall see…

Miki is a mystery in term of motivations since she barely appeared on screen: the only clues that i could collect about her character make her on the side of the resistance, and that might be why she needs to go so often to the Hospital: to meet and deliver intels to the korean doctor who has become Young Jin's rival.

If true, how will she manage her feelings for Fukuda? Will she betray the Heroic Corps and the KPG for him?         

On 5/27/2019 at 4:20 AM, QSD said:

It’s impressive line from Fukuda.  And he did exactly that without getting his hands dirty when Matsuura arrested the mole.  Yes, he could be something else beneath his gentleman surface as shown to YJ.  He’s smart and observant, like he knows how Matsuura got the info from Oda’s office. 

I don’t think the relationship between Oda & Kenta would change much, if at all.  They seem closer together as opposed to Hiroshi.  And they certainly are not happy to see him getting to the top position.  They probably would join forces to fight against Hiroshi.

Watching the scene, I actually thought WB rejected the offer when he tossed the envelope away.

Fukuda even raised his hands at one point to be sure to not touch the secretary and let Matsuura do alone the arrest (and confirm to him that it's indeed his role and place to do the dirty work).      

On 5/27/2019 at 4:26 AM, vaiduakhu said:

I think KWB did well in that situation. He had 2 options: 1. Kill KYJ because he made the mistake (it's a mistake, not a betrayal like the guy in first ep). 2. Have mercy on KYJ, which would create great loyalty from him later. 

And he chose the 2nd option. If he chose the 1st option which would strengthen Heroic's rule: "you go against Heroic's rule, you die", but on the other hand, it will also create fears among the members. Loyalty can be created from fear or mercy, I think it's KWB's case, mercy is a better option. He hasn't real power yet to rule based on fear.

This incident shows that heroic's members are human, they're not robots... I can totally feel KYJ when he risked his life to meet his wife on her birthday. In this week's ep, I also see KWB's human side. When Nam Ok asked him to get rid of KYJ because KYJ is Tae-joon's person, not Heroic's, KWB told Nam Ok that KYJ had nowhere to go, so just let Heroic be his home. Of course, it's better to keep KYJ in watch, if he wanders outside, he's probably caught and cause trouble to Heroic. 

Very good point about the logic of betrayal and loyalty inside Heroic Corps.

For Kim Won Bong, ruling by fear would be acting like his enemy. So it's not a option.

What made him a different leader from Kim Gu is how close he is of his people: he has a lot of scenes where he is shown sharing meals, drinks and songs with them. He's a fighter on the field, but he has also a lot of heart and empathy. His tears when he refused to kill KYJ were real.  He wanted to protect the young man and felt like he failed him and his responsabilities to the team. 

For me, it's his biggest strength and his biggest weakness

On 5/27/2019 at 9:25 PM, QSD said:

Aren’t they so cute smiling at each other?  Their faces are baby-ish.  Adorable.

They look lovely!:wub: 

No wonder the second lead syndrom is so strong in this fandom. If it wasn't for Yoo Ji tae, i would have happily join their shippers!:lol:   

On 5/29/2019 at 7:01 AM, QSD said:

Looks like Miki is there.  Where is Fukuda?  It would be so awkward and kinda funny if the two pairs going out for lunch together.

Oh my! My babies look stunning in this pic!:love:

Such a well matched couple! Even their clothes!:heart:

If Miki is on their side and helping them, it would the ice on the cake! I want her to do more and to be on the good guys side!    

On 5/29/2019 at 8:44 AM, QSD said:

Seeing how controlling Hiroshi is from what dress YJ has to wear, how her career should move up, and who she should marry to for her love life,  I’ve recalled the scene in ep 5(9-10) towards the end where YJ saying the day she took Hiroshi’s hand, her soul is locked in a glass case (Hani Doll).  It’s a choice she made to survive, whether as a Japanese or Korean.  So it doesn’t really matter she choose as a spy for her origin country since she couldn’t get out from his palms.  Although YJ isn’t physically abused by Hiroshi, her soul is tormented by him throughout.  He’s one scary man.  Don’t know how if she would be able to get out of his hands later.  It won’t be without scratches.

That's a very insightful throwback!

I think at one point Hiroshi's actions will come back to bite him and will be too busy trying to find a way to survive to be in position to hold on her.   

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

“Different Dreams” is a historical spy drama, set in the Joseon Dynasty during Japanese colonial rule. It tells the dramatic and action-packed story of doctor Lee Young Jin (played by Lee Yo Won) and Heroic Corps leader Kim Won Bong (played by Yoo Ji Tae). The drama also commemorates the 100th anniversary of the forming of the Korean Provisional Government in 1919, which is seen as the foundation for Korea’s government today.

Lee Yo Won portrays classy Lee Young Jin, who leads a double-life as a Korean-Japanese doctor and spy. Born to powerful Hiroshi, a hospital director, Lee Young Jin has grown up perfectly protected. She is a delicately presented woman, with elegant clothing and a graceful vibe. Lee Yo Won grabs viewers’ attention just with her gaze, and is showing off impressive appeal in both her professional role as a doctor, and her determination as a spy. Viewers can now look forward to her increasing role as a spy in upcoming episodes.

Nam Gyu Ri plays Miki, a jazz singer at a rock club, and showcases fatal yet irresistible harshness. Miki’s charm comes especially from her flamboyant and luxurious outfits that you cannot take your eyes off of. In upcoming episodes, the audience can look forward to how she portrays her soft and lovely side, as she begins to reveal her feelings toward Fukuda (played by Im Joo Hwan). However, there is even more curiosity surrounding whether Miki will be a friend or foe to Lee Young Jin.

Park Ha Na made her first appearance in episode 12 as Cha Jeong Im alongside Yoo Ji Tae and Cho Bok Rae, setting the tone for her antique and retro character. While on the outside she is simply a dressmaker and designer, Cha Jeong Im is also the only female member of the Heroic Corps. She came to join after recognizing her feelings for Kim Won Bong, whom she has known since they were young. As a relatively newer character, viewers can look forward to how her story will draw out, and how she will fall in line with the action.

“Different Dreams” flaunts an impressive cast consisting of Lee Yo Won, Yoo Ji Tae, Im Joo Hwan, Nam Gyu Ri, Heo Sung Tae, and Cho Bok Rae, and is directed and written by staff of “Saimdang, Light’s Diary,” “The Legend,” and “Iris.” The drama airs every Saturday at 9:05 p.m. KST.

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images , thank you
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if this was posted here already... a member just posted it in LYW's thread, and I find it so cute of LYW and Lim Joo Hwan :wub: More reason for shippers to hang on this delicate ship :lol:

I need to see the BTS of Matsurra's serious scenes to know what was so funny that they both couldn't resist their laughs :D 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 5/28/2019 at 6:54 PM, titania1000 said:

With Kim Won Bong, the confrontation was half in the light: Fukuda went into Kim Won Bong's territory/the shop  as a sort of provocation and half in the shadow since everything said was polite on the surface, enlightened by  his calm attitude and the smirk that never leaved his face. But he was clearly on full hunting mode, sizing up  his rival, half convinced that his preys didn't know who he was and what was happening, half hoping and enjoying the idea that his well known name could panick them.   

I hated how he looked at our Heroic Corps team as if they were already in his hands and  he was making plans for each one: Jeong Im and Majar looked suddenly too young and innocent for this torture and killing game, and like i said before the line about skinning a beast  seemed clearly meant for Kim Won Bong.

As expected from a great leader, he was not impressed by this unexpected intrusion, so he's truly ready for anything and i loved that. I wonder if he made the connection between this visit and the man who followed Young Jin during their date because he was convinced that she was followed by the Korean Patriotic Corps ("i dont trust the side you are on", "this man who is following you from the shop knows you").         

Both men had pieces of information making each of them thinking he had the upper hand, creating a competition  uncertain when it comes to its result.

I like your analysis abt Fukuda gently walking into the Heroic's den. 

I think he put his name card in his coat's pocket in purpose, so that when Im Cha Jung secretly checked it when holding his coat, she knew where he's from, his position and he's not just a normal customer. Making noise when hunting, so the preys will be panic and recklessly uncover their hideout. And it's also a trap which helped him confirm the tailor shop is not meant for pure business, because no normal staff secretly checks customer's name card without permission. 

I also think KWB was kinda expecting Fukuda's visit. When he and LYJ were at the coffee shop and discovered Fukuda was watching them, he already planned the Manchuria script with LYJ. 

Hunter and prey can sense the "smells" of each other. :P I guess after lastest ep, they both already knew they at least don't sit at the same table. 

I secretly hope Fukuda made the visit to that tailor shop also with personal purpose to check on KWB, who is his potential love rival :lol: If Fukuda comes back the tailor shop with LYJ to pick up his order, it would be amusing to watch the encounter of LYJ-Fukuda-KWB-ICJ. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

21 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

I need to see the BTS of Matsurra's serious scenes to see what was so funny that they both couldn't resist their laughs 

agree we need BTS because they seem to laugh a lot amongst all of them and like a man Lim Ju Hwan noticed the way both ladies were dressed from when they had the first screening presentation or interview? He even described them in detail. LOL. I bet there was a lot of laughter when LJH was  delivering his lines "you smile like cherry blossoms in full bloom" cause it is sooo corny. I can imagine LYW bursting into laughter.... although the final cut of that scene was swoon worthy. In this drama they are enemies, yet there is chemistry between the actors LJH and LYW. It would be so good to see them both in a rom-com with LJH as lead this time. 

Yoo Ji Tae on the other hand seems to be more on the quiet side, although Ju Hwan said he laughs a lot too during the shoot. Gyu Ri is quiet too and shy? I want to see BTS of them too. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

14 hours ago, titania1000 said:

The drama never adresses her real feelings, from a place where she could be totally honest. I wonder what does she know of her real emotions if she's not allowed to confront people about them.  It feels like this mystery is deliberately kept to  make futur twists/cliffanghers more powerful because we won't know what she will do. 

Somehow it works: today i can't tell if in a matter of life or death, she would save Hiroshi. 

I think that ultimately the biggest question of Hiroshi's life  is also the same: would he save her? How much  would he sacrifice for her? I think the question will come for him at the end of the drama.

I would say she could save him to repay him.  Not sure about him doing the same for her. 

• Like 3

dl83NhPlAPD6636948943902326283.jpg

I want to see what kind of reactions from Hiroshi when he finds out about their relationship, and what he would do.  Haven’t seen him gets mad at YJ or scolds her yet.  It could be intense if he does like when he yelled at Oda for suspecting YJ back then.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, QSD said:

I want to see what kind of reactions from Hiroshi when he finds out about their relationship, and what he would do.  Haven’t seen him gets mad at YJ or scolds her yet.  It could be intense if he does like when he yelled at Oda for suspecting YJ back then.

They do seem as if they are developing a relationship but I wonder about YJ since her orders were to monitor and cooperate with WB. YJ is so good with her "spy acting" especially when she is with Fukuda that it is hard to to tell what she really feels. We can see it as viewers but the one she is spying on can't. Although both men have their "doubts"  of whom she really is. However, her sympathy lies more with WB and she maybe attracted to him as well, WB is an ally and a freedom fighter like herself. Fukuda on the other hand is the enemy. 

I wonder though, if Hiroshi does not get reports about YJ's activities and whom she hangs out with. He must know YJ went to Manchuria. He is quite in a hurry to get her married to Fukuda. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, zenya22 said:

They do seem as if they are developing a relationship but I wonder about YJ since her orders were to monitor and cooperate with WB. YJ is so good with her "spy acting" especially when she is with Fukuda that it is hard to to tell what she really feels. We can see it as viewers but the one she is spying on can't. Although both men have their "doubts"  of whom she really is. However, her sympathy lies more with WB and she maybe attracted to him as well, WB is an ally and a freedom fighter like herself. Fukuda on the other hand is the enemy. 

I wonder though, if Hiroshi does not get reports about YJ's activities and whom she hangs out with. He must know YJ went to Manchuria. He is quite in a hurry to get her married to Fukuda. 

Here’s a good quote by Du Wol Seong, boss of Cheongbang.

“There’re people who are good at concealing their feelings.  And those who are better than them express fake emotions.  It’s so perfect that it makes them believe it’s real.”

In this scene ep 4 (7-8) at 25:20 mark, he tells WB to be careful regarding to the feelings of YJ.  It’s true both WB & Fukuda are still scratching their heads figuring out what her real feelings are.  And I think we can’t really confirm her real feelings also till perhaps when she facing something in a crucial situation.

I suppose Hiroshi would know what his daughter doing, therefore, he wants her to get married with Fukuda so he can protect her.  I wonder if it means Hiroshi loves YJ that much.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, zenya22 said:

agree we need BTS because they seem to laugh a lot amongst all of them and like a man Lim Ju Hwan noticed the way both ladies were dressed from when they had the first screening presentation or interview? He even described them in detail. LOL. I bet there was a lot of laughter when LJH was  delivering his lines "you smile like cherry blossoms in full bloom" cause it is sooo corny. I can imagine LYW bursting into laughter.... although the final cut of that scene was swoon worthy. In this drama they are enemies, yet there is chemistry between the actors LJH and LYW. It would be so good to see them both in a rom-com with LJH as lead this time. 

Yoo Ji Tae on the other hand seems to be more on the quiet side, although Ju Hwan said he laughs a lot too during the shoot. Gyu Ri is quiet too and shy? I want to see BTS of them too. 

Now you mentioned, I pray that that "cherry blossoms" had smooth filming. LYW is infamous with her laughing disease. "Disease" is the correct word to describe it. After being triggered, she can't simply stop laughing, and it takes a lot of effort and strength from herself to pull her together after the laughing :sweatingbullets: LYW's fan learnt that after watching BTS clips of her other serious or melodramas like Queen Seon-deok, 49 days...

She also puts blame on her co-actors when it comes to NGs (sometimes, apparently, it was her fault :lol:). I hope her co-actors in DD don't "suffer" much from her disease. :D 

I think Gyu Ri is a junior compared to other three, especially YJT and LYW. So, she was just quiet listening to the sunbaes' "insights". :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

After reading your insights abt Hiroshi, probably I'm overthinking, but I have another thought abt what he asked LYJ in the car. 

I'm quite sure that he's aware of what LYJ is doing. I wonder why he hasn't even asked LYJ abt Manchuria trip, which everyone had investigated, including Fukuda. He never asked abt the kidnap in Shanghai or Esther's incident at the hospital. He's the ultimate hunter in this drama: hiding in the dark, watching other hunters and preys; and set up plans. The most dangerous thing abt him is no one knows what he is aiming, although everyone knows what's he capable of doing. 

Come back to the car scene when the man sorrowfully asked LYJ this Q:

1g9jZHyo_o.jpg

vSPDTR9R_o.jpg

Twitter 

It looks like a caring question from a father to a daughter, but now I think again, assuming he knows what LYJ is doing, this Q has another meaning, like "why I have given you a wealthy life and fame which other girls could only wish for, you are still pursuing other dream? Does the life I create for you suffocate you that much, to the extend you're against me and whom I serve?"

He prepared custom for LYJ at the ceremony, and no coincidence, it's a Kimono, traditional wear of Japanese. I noticed that other ladies at the ceremony wore western-style dresses, LYJ could wear like this too. Can't help but think the Kimono is a reminder to LYJ and also his rivals (Oda, police chief and Miki's father) that LYJ is certificated Japanese, "don't you dare harm her" (to his rivals), and "you should think twice when you act against Japanese Gov" (to LYJ). It also showed that LYJ didn't fancy the idea of wearing Kimono, however, she had no choice but obeyed. 

3 hours ago, QSD said:

“There’re people who are good at concealing their feelings.  And those who are better than them express fake emotions.  It’s so perfect that it makes them believe it’s real.”

These lines are true to Hiroshi as well. What a father-daughter couple ! (like father, like daughter, I guess :lol:)

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

7 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

He prepared custom for LYJ at the ceremony, and no coincidence, it's a Kimono, traditional wear of Japanese. I noticed that other ladies at the ceremony wore western-style dresses, LYJ could wear like this too. Can't help but think the Kimono is a reminder to LYJ and also his rivals (Oda, police chief and Miki's father) that LYJ is certificated Japanese, "don't you dare harm her" (to his rivals), and "you should think twice when you act against Japanese Gov" (to LYJ). It also showed that LYJ didn't fancy the idea of wearing Kimono, however, she had no choice but obeyed. 

I agree, putting her in a kimono was a statement to many people including his daughter and it attracted Fukuda's full attention as well. 

7 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

Now you mentioned, I pray that that "cherry blossoms" had smooth filming. LYW is infamous with her laughing disease.

The final product of the "cherry blossoms" scene as is swoonworthy, because it was done so well, credits to the incredible  talent of the actors that they made it look so lovely and poetic. It does not matter if they laughed while shooting it because it is what the viewers see that matters. It also shows how relaxed and trustful they are with each other when they have fun working even in a serious drama like this. However, laughing too much may become a distraction. But she is so good an actress to be able to change from laughing and act her character so well in the next minute. That sure is talent. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

After reading your insights abt Hiroshi, probably I'm overthinking, but I have another thought abt what he asked LYJ in the car. 

I'm quite sure that he's aware of what LYJ is doing. I wonder why he hasn't even asked LYJ abt Manchuria trip, which everyone had investigated, including Fukuda. He never asked abt the kidnap in Shanghai or Esther's incident at the hospital. He's the ultimate hunter in this drama: hiding in the dark, watching other hunters and preys; and set up plans. The most dangerous thing abt him is no one knows what he is aiming, although everyone knows what's he capable of doing. 

Come back to the car scene when the man sorrowfully asked LYJ this Q:

Twitter 

It looks like a caring question from a father to a daughter, but now I think again, assuming he knows what LYJ is doing, this Q has another meaning, like "why I have given you a wealthy life and fame which other girls could only wish for, you are still pursuing other dream? Does the life I create for you suffocate you that much, to the extend you're against me and whom I serve?"

These lines are true to Hiroshi as well. What a father-daughter couple ! (like father, like daughter, I guess :lol:)

YJ is definitely wasn't pleased seeing the kimono on her bed from the way she playing with her eyes, like she wants to retaliate.  By any chance do you guys think there is tiny bit of her decision to become a spy is also to spite Hiroshi?  

“There’re people who are good at concealing their feelings.  And those who are better than them express fake emotions.  It’s so perfect that it makes them believe it’s real.”

These lines do fit them.  Evidently from the scene in the car, YJ doesn't really want to touch him.  It's noticeable from her throat swallowing before touching his hand.  And Hiroshi knows how she felt already for ordering her wearing the kimono,  and still asking the question as if he cares to how she feels.  So yes, like father, like daughter in that regards.

• Like 3

4LzwY2OAYdQL636949878990735582.jpg

This is fast development.  In the preview Miki didn't sound friendly towards YJ, though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

uc?export=view&id=1sTMixhWDoWDodSZHe5ez7

This is probably her real tears when seeing the injured WB in the hospital.  Aww… lucky him.  I want to see her shedding tears for Fukuda, too.  Come on sweetie, do something to make her cry for you genuinely.  Hurry up!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, QSD said:

This is probably her real tears when seeing the injured WB in the hospital.  Aww… lucky him.  I want to see her shedding tears for Fukuda, too.  Come on sweetie, do something to make her cry for you genuinely.  Hurry up!

It also maybe tears for the people injured or dead and the war that is causing it which she has no control over since it is war. I wonder who are the officials killed in the building if any. 

• Like 1

The  preview for ep 19 - 22 :scream:

My mind refuses to accept what's happening at the end : how could the writer, the PD, the cast do that to us!  How could they break my heart so badly!:bawling::heartbreak:

I don't think i'l survive that drama. 

Spoiler

I won't survive if he dies :tears:

• Sad 1

Ouch so many plotholes in the spy's side. They are so transparent and Bluebird is supposed to be the best. They should stay away from the medical plot.... anyhow the suspense is no longer suspenseful. Miki is even a better spy than the spies. And Noda is a perverted fiend who used a girl to make him look good by saying he is his adopted daughter but uses Miki as his plaything. I can't even...., uughhhh. Now, Miki is more interesting and smarter. Goodluck to the spies. Hope the writer gives them a better and more intelligent story line. 

• Like 3