[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

3 hours ago, stella77 said:

I am excited to start the novels. Been meaning to a few weeks back but had to finish other books for work and real life stuff to deal with etc.  I will try to start this week and report back. 

Can i just also say say how much I love the opening music. It has slowly creeped up on me and now I absolutely adore the piece. Will look forward to the original scores.

It is good I am finishing 18 in Thai. I am still debating if I want to but 19 and 20 now ..:tounge_xd:

• Like 3

12 hours ago, dzareth said:

The credits do not belong to him alone thought, so he better treat the stunt team well because they made him look really good hehe... But actually I'm more surprised of the fact that the director for this drama is a lady, and she achieved someting akin to what Zhang Yimou did with Hero. Pei fu, pei fu...

With regards to the novel, I've reached the climax between NQ-XH and I'm surprised/ shocked by the story behind. This ain't your typical I-wanna-kill-you-because-you-killed-my-family plotline. It is very, VERY different. And I totally admire the author for his unique story. I ended up feeling equally afraid OF NQ as much as I feel afraid FOR him.

what do you mean by Hero. Pei fu, pei fu? 

4 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Yeah @UnniSarah i agree with you that NQ n SS are connected spiritually, SS is natal item (i'm using novel word) for NQ, and maybe NQ is natal item for SS, since they have been together for almost age of their life (especially SS). That's why they share the same aura and energy, either it is hades aura or something else, and make everybody include rival and enemy think NQ as the son of hades or SS as the daughter of the light maybe.

I'm still reading from the beginning and sometimes jump into a quick search.

we will find out but im just wondering if Fu ZU predicted he would be related to hades 15 years thats why he picked him

• Like 2

12 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@epinklyn.... Even though I love spoilers, I chose to read it from the beginning until the end. :heart: I know how tempting spoilers can be. smh smh Smh smh 

Hahaha i love spoilers and once i know, i eager to find out why and how, so should be back to read from the beginning though, yeah tempting indeed indeed LOL

8 hours ago, Wotad said:

what do you mean by Hero. Pei fu, pei fu? 

we will find out but im just wondering if Fu ZU predicted he would be related to hades 15 years thats why he picked him

HERO is a movie directed by ZhangYiMou long time a go, so many talented actors like Tony Leung, JetLi, ZhangZiYi, the fighting action n cinematography was great!

Pei fu pei fu, means like give appreciation standing applause but in chinese way or jianghu style.

Yeah so many wondering n wondering in this drama, i like it a lot! Viewers must think hard LOL.

10 hours ago, angelangie said:

I have to listen to ‘gu Zhang an’ everyday lols

Yeeaahhhh me too! listen to all of them everyday LOL

This is the link for the creepy and mistyc version from 永夜.

https://youtu.be/6xhl39kBL_g

And this is the romantic and the happy-and-light-scene-ost, cant wait watching some scene showed in this MV, NQ n MSS, NQ meet FuZi and NQ-FZ drinking wine at the brothel LOL

OOT: Err someone help me, how to remove this embed video below from youtube, i wrong paste the link hiks.

Edited by epinklyn
Adding youtube link
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, epinklyn said:

HERO is a movie directed by ZhangYiMou long time a go, so many talented actors like Tony Leung, JetLi, ZhangZiYi, the fighting action n cinematography was great!

Pei fu pei fu, means like give appreciation standing applause but in chinese way or jianghu style.

@Wotad, the explanation given by @epinklyn is correct. In the movies/ drama they usually say this with hand gestures (fist against palm) haha... For the movie HERO, Zhang Yimou managed to gather the hot names of that time, and the martial art scene was quite a feast to the eyes for many reasons.

I like novel NQ too. In fact, novel NQ is more of an anti-hero, i think. SS is obviously his weak spot, but he has great respect for his teacher and academy seniors. But novel NQ is dark and flawed, whereas drama NQ feels a bit tragic? Well, I guess we have to wait for the last episode to understand how different novel and drama NQ is.

Novel SS is colder. Drama SS is warmer and a bit of a mother hen. I think novel SS is fiercer in her loyalty to NQ, but drama SS is very lovable!

All in all, I don't have much complaint on how the characters' personalities divert from the novel but I wonder if this will affect the storyline. I mean, novel NQ feels a tad more desperate than drama NQ. Desperate to enter 2nd floor, desperate to protect SS, desperate to get revenge, desperate to live. The only part in the drama that the desperation matches the novel was when NQ met 2nd Senior for the first time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So about difference of character in book and drama... I actually see it a bit differently than you guys.... hehe..

I'm more on the how the script writer want to show "Youth" to our generation. 

Reading old historical book, In my mind, I always have to remember that eventho the character is said to be 12-14, or 16, mentally they are older. Because that's how it is in the old days, 16 yo kids those days are mentally 20-25 in our time. 

That's why I think the changes in NQ and other younger actors in the drama resonates more with the perception of "youth" in our current time blended in a xianxia cultivation story. It's not a big change, but somehow a kinder NQ does feel more likable no? 

giphy.gif

• Like 9

3 hours ago, lynne22 said:

So about difference of character in book and drama... I actually see it a bit differently than you guys.... hehe..

I'm more on the how the script writer want to show "Youth" to our generation. 

@lynne22... I love the novel NQ and the Drama NQ. I think because drama doesn't show all of NQ's adventure in the drama,  so a lot of you think they are different but I disagree. Sang Sang is also the same as the book. I don't think Sang Sang is cold but knows what NQ really wants , that is why she doesn't speak much. She would only speak if she was curious or thought when he needed counsel. In the drama SS mostly ask question to her young master only when he needed counsel but the actress tone was adorable and sweet. I don’t thinking’s SangSang was talkative but she was a good listener and NQ respect her opinion. Also I think they wanted to us viewers to see the changes in NingSang  as the drama progresses so that we can all accept their future relationship  and not WONDER WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN. 
NQ is still desperate but the book described his desperatenessmore vividly  meanwhile in the drama they can't really go in to it that much but his body language shows the desperateness. 

Sang Sang attitude had to be a bit warmer because she is changing a lot since her moved to CHangan. I think we all need to take account to how they raised themselves , so they will never act like normal people.

I have a big question  about the WebNovel app

Spoiler

I wanted to use the webnovel because It seems I will be able to read it offline. Was just wondering if buying the spirit stones worth it. IF the translation is superb, I am game.....  

• Like 4

@UnniSarah Agreed, the script writer need to do the changes in order to "show, not tell" us the progression of NQ-SS. Personally I have don't have many problem with the changes. :wub: as long as the show keep heart of the story.

NQ-SS as a family unit is shown very heartfelt here... :wub::tears:

-------------------------------------------

Anyway... this is a nice article about Ever Night... Link, I enjoyed reading it.. but I had to use google translate because its in Chinese :lol:.

The article talks about something I've mentioned before.. on how I felt about Jiang Ye's book. Jiang Ye/Ever Night a story about youth, choices we made, and also about growth... on physical and emotional level. So I'm on the same page with the article writer.

-------------------------------------------

Mo Shan Shan's theme song has been released. The title is 莫望.. I'm not sure but does the title means "Not hoping"@angelangie? or someone can help? 

I like it... it's a sad song and is sung so softly.. Sigh.... this song  is as graceful as Mo Shan Shan's character. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@UnniSarah sorry cant help with webnovel, but many people said the translation from web novel is not good. Maybe you can try read some pages then you'll know whether it is correct or not, there is also mission to achieve the spirit stone freely, you can also watch video to get free spirit stone.

@lynne22, thx for link, i read it with google translator LOL, yeah i quite agree with the author too. But i just read in rough translation, maybe if @satanghaesolim have time can help translate it :P.

So the ost is belong to each character? Which are Ning Que's n SangSang's?

• LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

@epinklyn.... Thanks for the info.

I have so many questions only to t the one who have read the novel. This isn’t in the drama I think. Hey if you want to read then go ahead. 

Spoiler

I believe in Chapter 32, I may have misunderstood what I read 

q4CfSka46t-WMzUO_GtuWi7olLR2tc-Bh59qjC54

What kid if incident was it???? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Was wondering if they ever do get the chance to talk about it. Lol :kiss_wink:

• Like 2

@epinklyn 

I’m not sure.. I only know that Mo Wang is Mo Shan Shan’s hehe... its very obvious because they use this song in her scenes.

Old Chang And and Yong Ye/ Eternal Night lyric wise (as translated by viki)  seems to be Ning Que’s. 

There is another ost called Red Dust debuted in ep 24 iirc. 

@UnniSarah

Spoiler

If I’m not mistaken, the incident was the strange experience they had when they were standing in front of the vermilion bird painting. 

I can’t remember if they ever discuss this... sorry.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Through the whole book and drama the only thing I'm curious about is Ning Que.

I'm really curious as to who Ning Que really is? Where was his origin? He isn't from this world but where.....

He is connected to SangSang but how?  Even until the end of the novel it wasn't really explained clearly.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hide contents

I wanted to use the webnovel because It seems I will be able to read it offline. Was just wondering if buying the spirit stones worth it. IF the translation is superb, I am game.....  

I read it on webnovel and bought spirit stones.So far, I enjoyed it.The translation is overall goood.Occasionally there are some parts  that you wonder of something is missing.

However, on my opinion it is worth it.

• LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

When Ning Que woke up, he didn't see Sangsang. So he walked to the courtyard and shouted, but there was no response from Sangsang. He stretched himself and glanced at the kitchen. There was no trace of Sangsang at all. He shook his head, then found the bowl of hot and sour sliced noodle soup on the table at the front of the shop.

"I haven't even brushed my teeth yet, how can I have breakfast now?"

He thought to himself at the sight of the hot and sour sliced noodle soup, his eyebrows knotted. During the past few years, Sangsang would hand him a bowl of clean water and the dental set when he got up every day. He had gotten used to this over a long time, so he felt unaccustomed to it when Sangsang didn't come out.

"Even if you were in such a hurry to buy the first and most delicious bowl of soup, you should first serve me as I wash my face and brush my teeth. Wait, the soup has been bought. Where the hell did you go?"

Eating the hot and spicy shredded noodles beside the table, Ning Que spent some time wondering where Sangsang could have gone. Finally, he guessed that she might have gone to the vegetable market at the south gate to buy the cheap and fresh vegetables sold there, driven by her parsimony.

"It's only a few coins cheaper. Is it necessary for you to get up so early and walk such a long distance?"

After eating, Ning Que went to the backyard with the bowl while laughing at her in his heart. He randomly put the bowl down on the hearth and felt somewhat sleepy, so he went back to sleep again.

When the sun had climbed higher in the sky, he woke up again and rubbed his eyes, then went outside without wearing his shoes. There was still no trace of Sangsang, so he shouted in great anger,"Bring me hot water! How can I go out today?"

Nobody responded. Every corner of the Old Brush Pen Shop was in silence.

Ning Que stiffened and walked into the kitchen. He found the bowl was still on the hearth, and there was neither firewood nor fire in the hearth. Of course there could be no hot water.

He walked to the wall of the courtyard and sighed at the tidy firewood pile, then picked up a small bundle of firewood and returned to the kitchen to make a fire.

It was not difficult for him to make a fire and heat up some water, although he hadn't done such trifles for many years. After all, it was he who had to manage their lives in the earlier years. The water in the pot was soon boiling.

Looking at the hot steam, Ning Que felt that something was wrong.

After the water was heated, he washed his face and even washed the dirty bowl.

Normally it would be time for him to go to the Academy or to idle in Chang'an. But today, he went nowhere other than the front of the shop. He sat on his armchair and looked at the displays that were polished till they shone, as well as the clean floor devoid of dirt. He felt absent-minded.

After a long period of silence, he felt stiff to some extent. Occasionally, someone would pass by the shop, and he would raise his head at the sight of their shadows. But in the end, nobody pushed the door open to walk in.

Nobody pushed open the door to come back.

Ning Que had been waiting in silence until noon, after which he stood up, opened the door and walked out.

He bought a roasted duck in the Bianyi Shop in the Eastern City and some green vegetables in the market, then returned to the Old Brush Pen Shop.

Sangsang still hadn't come back. After a moment of silence, Ning Que entered the kitchen and fried two dishes of vegetables and a bowl of steamed rice. Then he peeled the duck and arranged the pieces beautifully on the plate. Finally, he put the dishes on the table at the front of the shop.

Two pairs of chopsticks, two bowls of white rice, and a rich spread of dishes.

Ning Que was satisfied with the dishes on the table. He put his hand on his knees and waited.

However, nobody came back even after a long time.

There were still two pairs of chopsticks, but only one person. What was worse, the rice and the side dishes had become cold.

After staring at the food for a long time, Ning Que picked up his chopsticks and began to eat.

But somehow his hands were trembling. He tried for a long time, yet failed to pinch even a piece of the vegetable.

He wanted to pick up and throw away the chopsticks, yet he refrained himself from doing so. Then he gently placed them on the table.

Suddenly he stood up and went to his bedroom. He rudely turned over the bed board and took out the box, then threw all the contents of the box onto the bed.

Looking at those drifting notes, he was finally convinced that she had left by herself.

Ning Que folded those notes and put them into his pocket emotionlessly. From the storage box in the corner, he took out the Primordial Thirteen Arrows that had been repaired the day before and put them into his bag, then inserted all the Fu paper into his sleeves. He took the chopper from beside the pile of firewood and put it on his waist, and finally, he hung the big black umbrella on his back and walked out of the Old Brush Pen Shop.

He knew Sangsang would be safe, but he was clear that what he would now confront would be the harshest moment of his life, so he brought with him all his most important objects. It seemed that only in this way could he feel comfortable again, and he assured himself that he would definitely bring back the most important person in his life.

If he couldn't bring her back, then it wasn't necessary for him to come back either.

Spoiler Chingu. NQ desperation when Sang sang left. There's more I'm gonna paste after this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, kkrystal said:

Through the whole book and drama the only thing I'm curious about is Ning Que.

I'm really curious as to who Ning Que really is? Where was his origin? He isn't from this world but where.....

He is connected to SangSang but how?  Even until the end of the novel it wasn't really explained clearly.

Spoiler

I know right?  Did you ever suspect he was time traveled to this world?  Because the novel mentioned many times about him surviving 2 lives.  Was he from the modern day?  He sometime compared things like Paris Eiffel Tower, chocolate and English.  

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, thartie said:
  Hide contents

When Ning Que woke up, he didn't see Sangsang. So he walked to the courtyard and shouted, but there was no response from Sangsang. He stretched himself and glanced at the kitchen. There was no trace of Sangsang at all. He shook his head, then found the bowl of hot and sour sliced noodle soup on the table at the front of the shop.

"I haven't even brushed my teeth yet, how can I have breakfast now?"

He thought to himself at the sight of the hot and sour sliced noodle soup, his eyebrows knotted. During the past few years, Sangsang would hand him a bowl of clean water and the dental set when he got up every day. He had gotten used to this over a long time, so he felt unaccustomed to it when Sangsang didn't come out.

"Even if you were in such a hurry to buy the first and most delicious bowl of soup, you should first serve me as I wash my face and brush my teeth. Wait, the soup has been bought. Where the hell did you go?"

Eating the hot and spicy shredded noodles beside the table, Ning Que spent some time wondering where Sangsang could have gone. Finally, he guessed that she might have gone to the vegetable market at the south gate to buy the cheap and fresh vegetables sold there, driven by her parsimony.

"It's only a few coins cheaper. Is it necessary for you to get up so early and walk such a long distance?"

After eating, Ning Que went to the backyard with the bowl while laughing at her in his heart. He randomly put the bowl down on the hearth and felt somewhat sleepy, so he went back to sleep again.

When the sun had climbed higher in the sky, he woke up again and rubbed his eyes, then went outside without wearing his shoes. There was still no trace of Sangsang, so he shouted in great anger,"Bring me hot water! How can I go out today?"

Nobody responded. Every corner of the Old Brush Pen Shop was in silence.

Ning Que stiffened and walked into the kitchen. He found the bowl was still on the hearth, and there was neither firewood nor fire in the hearth. Of course there could be no hot water.

He walked to the wall of the courtyard and sighed at the tidy firewood pile, then picked up a small bundle of firewood and returned to the kitchen to make a fire.

It was not difficult for him to make a fire and heat up some water, although he hadn't done such trifles for many years. After all, it was he who had to manage their lives in the earlier years. The water in the pot was soon boiling.

Looking at the hot steam, Ning Que felt that something was wrong.

After the water was heated, he washed his face and even washed the dirty bowl.

Normally it would be time for him to go to the Academy or to idle in Chang'an. But today, he went nowhere other than the front of the shop. He sat on his armchair and looked at the displays that were polished till they shone, as well as the clean floor devoid of dirt. He felt absent-minded.

After a long period of silence, he felt stiff to some extent. Occasionally, someone would pass by the shop, and he would raise his head at the sight of their shadows. But in the end, nobody pushed the door open to walk in.

Nobody pushed open the door to come back.

Ning Que had been waiting in silence until noon, after which he stood up, opened the door and walked out.

He bought a roasted duck in the Bianyi Shop in the Eastern City and some green vegetables in the market, then returned to the Old Brush Pen Shop.

Sangsang still hadn't come back. After a moment of silence, Ning Que entered the kitchen and fried two dishes of vegetables and a bowl of steamed rice. Then he peeled the duck and arranged the pieces beautifully on the plate. Finally, he put the dishes on the table at the front of the shop.

Two pairs of chopsticks, two bowls of white rice, and a rich spread of dishes.

Ning Que was satisfied with the dishes on the table. He put his hand on his knees and waited.

However, nobody came back even after a long time.

There were still two pairs of chopsticks, but only one person. What was worse, the rice and the side dishes had become cold.

After staring at the food for a long time, Ning Que picked up his chopsticks and began to eat.

But somehow his hands were trembling. He tried for a long time, yet failed to pinch even a piece of the vegetable.

He wanted to pick up and throw away the chopsticks, yet he refrained himself from doing so. Then he gently placed them on the table.

Suddenly he stood up and went to his bedroom. He rudely turned over the bed board and took out the box, then threw all the contents of the box onto the bed.

Looking at those drifting notes, he was finally convinced that she had left by herself.

Ning Que folded those notes and put them into his pocket emotionlessly. From the storage box in the corner, he took out the Primordial Thirteen Arrows that had been repaired the day before and put them into his bag, then inserted all the Fu paper into his sleeves. He took the chopper from beside the pile of firewood and put it on his waist, and finally, he hung the big black umbrella on his back and walked out of the Old Brush Pen Shop.

He knew Sangsang would be safe, but he was clear that what he would now confront would be the harshest moment of his life, so he brought with him all his most important objects. It seemed that only in this way could he feel comfortable again, and he assured himself that he would definitely bring back the most important person in his life.

If he couldn't bring her back, then it wasn't necessary for him to come back either.

Spoiler Chingu. NQ desperation when Sang sang left. There's more I'm gonna paste after this.

Which chapter is this?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, miyu2 said:

Which chapter is this?

357 and 358 i tink is the highlight of Sang sang and NQ. OMG! I read it i think 10x! hahaha

2 minutes ago, rhaps said:

This is one of my fave parts :heart: I hope the drama shows this well

@rhaps and the chapter net to that! Hahaha. He wanted to close all the gates in the city and issue warrant of arrest against her so she can't leave Chang'an! he was furious and wanted to kill anybody.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1