[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

7 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hello to all my chingu’s 

@mrsj3n.... I do agree the scenes with MSS is kinda bored but I think because she doesn’t talk much, seems fragile so NQ wants to protect her. I don’t think NQ is falling for her but he does like her. 

@raziela... Since I am reading the novel, I understand why the some fans are annoyed because in the novel, Once NQ and SA are together the whole world disappears. Their closeness are so strong. I am worried that they will rush NQ and SS’s romance but I think if we were to rewatch some scenes the in love moments already occurred

1. When SS was drying NQ after the fight in the Chao mansion

2. When he found out that SS was his object of fate

3. When he fantasizes that SS cooked him her special noodles

4.After passing his test, Sang Sang running to him he looked euphoric seeing her and so much more scenes that shows his love.

5. When he looked ready to kill the Prince for trying to kiss Sang Sang

There are

more other scene that we should all count  scenes as part of their feelings are getting stronger. For the drama itself they might have been afraid of adapting every details from the novel would make it uninteresting so decided to spice thing up. But their spicing things up is making the fans very upset . 

I mean their characters can develop in season two ;p 

5 hours ago, rhaps said:

Ohh I agree about this one! :(

I'm annoyed about this too. I've also been waiting for the moments when he remembered SS, but up until epi 36, it seemed that he only remembered her like twice or something. In the novel, he should mention SS several times, so that MSS got worried and thought what kind of girl SS was.

That can still come.

• Like 1

i think Ning Que won't be going home until episode 47. So i'll skip watching for now and wait . until he can be reunited with SS. good thing I'm reading the novel so it can supplement the drama. I'm halfway in the novel, still waiting for translations but it's getting so exciting. I can't imagine waiting for season 2 of this drama where all the action starts. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hello to all my chingu’s 

@mrsj3n.... I do agree the scenes with MSS is kinda bored but I think because she doesn’t talk much, seems fragile so NQ wants to protect her. I don’t think NQ is falling for her but he does like her. 

Eh... MSS is definitely not fragile.

She can fight her own battle which is cool.

However the way it is scripted.. for now.. it does seems that NQ has fallen for her hence it really irks me a lot until he mentioned about SS and that got me feeling a little happy that he finally remembers SS!

Again.. looking at the previews for episode 37 onwards, I'm back to feeling peeved again. *sigh*

I wish they focus on their quest instead of making puppy eyes at each other.

@angelangie yes agreed. Now I want to see how will he feel if he find out about SS real identity or when he finally get to meet NQ.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Eh... MSS is definitely not fragile.

She can fight her own battle which is cool.

However the way it is scripted.. for now.. it does seems that NQ has fallen for her hence it really irks me a lot until he mentioned about SS and that got me feeling a little happy that he finally remembers SS!

Again.. looking at the previews for episode 37 onwards, I'm back to feeling peeved again. *sigh*

I wish they focus on their quest instead of making puppy eyes at each other.

@angelangie yes agreed. Now I want to see how will he feel if he find out about SS real identity or when he finally get to meet NQ.

@mrsj3n.... What I mean is that She doesn’t have SS’s energy. Her powers are cool. But if 

Spoiler

During the battle with the Generals subordinate, she looked so winded after a few fight scenes. She can hardly stand. She has a strong mind , strong power but her Martial Art isn’t Amazing in my eyes . Lol lol .

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

53 minutes ago, coffeereads said:

i think Ning Que won't be going home until episode 47. So i'll skip watching for now and wait . until he can be reunited with SS. good thing I'm reading the novel so it can supplement the drama. I'm halfway in the novel, still waiting for translations but it's getting so exciting. I can't imagine waiting for season 2 of this drama where all the action starts. 

Episode 47? :( That means it'll be next NEXT week when we see their reunion and at that point, there are only 13 episodes left.... WHY!  lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, angelangie said:

sigh.....that is a long wait :) and we got the novel till then :D 

Exactly thank god we have the novel right @angelangie... I think i will  be going crazy if it wasn't out

Spoiler

I really enjoyed the Itch NIng que has to calligraphy. His fantasy on being the Emperor’s tutor because his hand writing is just terrible to Nq’s Eyes . NQ is hilarious. I just love him. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rhaps said:

This is the  scene from epi 1 right ? I remember that one, and I instantly adored these two!

I think NQ/SS had freckles there on their cheeks .. and it was just like in the novel . They looked so young and adorable and fresh in that scene, where SS's eyes and expressions were bright, while NQ was smiling at her softly. Awww, I love them there :wub:

"Another scene which a tired NQ holds onto the gourd and looks towards the horizon, seeing SS running to hug him, as he spoke her name under his breathe was also lovely."

===> epi 21, right ?

I love this one tooo :wub: . They looked so lovely and that was a good satisfying moment. Yesss, CFY did well here, as long as SYR. That was a very good scene. One of my favourites.

So agree with you!

They shine when they are together, and for me, their tiny short moments are both more adorable and sweeter than any skinship / sweet talks in other dramas, because they felt more natural. This is why I really love these two.

Agree with this too .

NQ's feelings (drama version) towards SS can be seen from the 'big things' that he does, like making money for a living, or when he is in danger and he urges himself to survive because of SS . For example, when he was in the competition and sang his 'mantra', or when he was kidnapped in epi 23 and thought that he had to go back because SS was waiting at home, or whenever he got annoyed every time LQ mentioned SS. Of course, it would be better if they included the tiny sweet moments from the novel. But, yeah .. perhaps it's hard to stick 100 % to the novel

Yes, their first onscreen moment back at Wei City made me instantly adore them. Something about those two was just too cute when i started watching EN. I dont read the webnovel so everything Ive pointed out is based on the drama alone, which I think is really good. I really enjoy NQ&SS relationship, even if not romantic yet. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, coffeereads said:

Episode 47???:blink:  So far away and then only 13 episodes left for so much to happen...I hope they can make it work

I think I'll skip watching for now too and then fast forward through NQ/MSS scenes.  Not really excited to watch him and MSS making eyes at each other :vicx:  I sincerely hope we get lots of screentime and development for our Sang Sang during the episodes before they are reunited.

I'm loving all the posters here talking about their favourite NingSang moments in the previous episodes :heart:

6 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

Yes, their first onscreen moment back at Wei City made me instantly adore them. Something about those two was just too cute when i started watching EN. I dont read the webnovel so everything Ive pointed out is based on the drama alone, which I think is really good. I really enjoy NQ&SS relationship, even if not romantic yet. 

Yes, that simple moment sold their relationship for me too. 

These two actors really have amazing chemistry.  I started watching after the news of Chen Fei Yu leaving the series came out so I tried not to get too attached to his portrayal of NQ but I think he's doing a great job and his chemistry with Song Yi Ren is not going to be easy to replicate.  I feel sorry for his successor as he has big shoes to fill.

• Like 3

Does the umbrella hold/made by some sort of special properties? From the looks of it, it seems to deflect all forms of cultivation and even held up well against the vermillion phoenix. It even helped SS find NQ when he was kidnapped.  Is it cast by some sort of cultivation/spell? It doesnt seem to break or wither either. 

Also, does any of NQ's classmates know how to cultivate well/excel in combat? As of ep 25(Im currently on this ep), I havent seen any of them do much inside/outside within the tang academy besides hang out/book studies. I wanna see how his classmates would perform in a cultivation/combat against NQ. I think it was mention during the exam in the mountains about their level/abilities in comparison to NQ but I havent seen them in actual fights yet.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, raziela said:

Episode 47???:blink:  So far away and then only 13 episodes left for so much to happen...I hope they can make it work

I think I'll skip watching for now too and then fast forward through NQ/MSS scenes.  Not really excited to watch him and MSS making eyes at each other :vicx:  I sincerely hope we get lots of screentime and development for our Sang Sang during the episodes before they are reunited.

I'm loving all the posters here talking about their favourite NingSang moments in the previous episodes :heart:

Yes, that simple moment sold their relationship for me too. 

These two actors really have amazing chemistry.  I started watching after the news of Chen Fei Yu leaving the series came out so I tried not to get too attached to his portrayal of NQ but I think he's doing a great job and his chemistry with Song Yi Ren is not going to be easy to replicate.  I feel sorry for his successor as he has big shoes to fill.

When I started EN, I found out that CFY wasnt going to reprise his role as NQ, It suprised me because Ive enjoyed his performance within only watching 4 ep. I think he has alot of potential to grow as an actor and I would have love to see him grow as NQ with SY as SS, although he exceeds super well in action sequence. Hopefully to whoever is cast as NQ for EV S2 can act/execute fight scenes. CFY has a great physicality & voice, so Im going to really miss him as NQ. CFY and SY are so good together.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, greenwatch08 said:

Does the umbrella hold/made by some sort of special properties? From the looks of it, it seems to deflect all forms of cultivation and even held up well against the vermillion phoenix. It even helped SS find NQ when he was kidnapped.  Is it casted by some sort of cultivation/spell? It doesnt seem to break or wither either. 

Also, does any of NQ's classmates know how to cultivate well/excel in combat? As of ep 25(Im currently on this ep), I havent seen any of them do much inside/outside within the tang academy besides hang out/book studies. I wanna see how his classmates would perform in a cultivation/combat against NQ. I think it was mention during the exam in the mountains about their level/abilities in comparison to NQ but I havent seen them in actual fights yet.

Good questions.  I desperately want to know more about the umbrella too.  It seems to be key to Sang Sang's real identity.

I'm not sure if his classmates will do anything much in relation to the plot.  The drama doesn't seem much interested in them now NQ is Mr Thirteenth disciple.

41 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

When I started EN, I found out that CFY wasnt going to reprise his role as NQ, It suprised me because Ive enjoyed his performance within only watching 4 ep. I think he has alot of potential to grow as an actor and I would have love to see him grow as NQ with SY as SS, although he exceeds super well in action sequence. Hopefully to whoever is cast as NQ for EV S2 can act/execute fight scenes. CFY has a great physicality & voice, so Im going to really miss him as NQ. CFY and SY are so good together.

Agreed.  Even though i don't think his acting is the greatest ever or anything but I do think he is doing a very good job given his age and minimal experience and he completely makes you believe he is NQ.  I definitely agree about his physicality, voice and presence which work so well for the character.  He's really managed to make the role his and it would have been nice to see his acting and experience grow along with the character.  I'll be interested to see how his successor interprets the role especially as from what webnovel readers say the story becomes darker and more complex.

I'm happy Song Yi Ren will stay.  She is perfect as Sang Sang and I can't imagine anyone else in the role.  I can't wait until she has more scenes and more material to work with as we find out more and more about SS.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, coffeereads said:

OMG ep.47.  ok let's take a guess now when season 1 will end.  

I ll use spoiler for this

Spoiler

Chapter 205: MSS has no mountains in her eyes

First time both MSS and NQ met together

Chapter 281:Join the devil(part X)

MSS confessed to NQ that she likes him but he did not answer her confession.

Chapter 341:A reunion with new and old friends (EPISODE 47 in drama- this is just a guess)

NQ is back home at 47th street.  This is when SS and MSS first met.  She looked down on SS.

After this we have only 13 episodes to go.

Chapter 352: Red walls & white snow.  What a lovely scene

NQ confessed to MSS.  He answered her love confession.

Chapter 356: We were kids

NQ asked SS what she think about MSS.

Awwww, my heart broke while reading this chapter and made me cry.

Chapter 357: A pitiful kid.

SS leaves the house.

Chapter 358/359 : NQ looks for her and finds out where she is staying

Chapter 360: SS returns back home @old brush pen shop.

Chapter 497: Another dream.

NQ is accepting to get engaged to SS.

Maybe the season1 will end here, which is almost half way mark of total of 1000 and odd chapters.

What do you guys think?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The confession^_^

The eldest brother acting a Cupid between NQ & MSS:crazy:

Spoiler

:joy:NQ comparing the cute little doggie with Chen pipi.

Is LQ mentioning something about SS here coz he thought that NQ is flirting with MSS?

HAVE EP. UPTO 46 AIRED ALREADY????

Edited by pad-hari
Added more videos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, raziela said:

Good questions.  I desperately want to know more about the umbrella too.  It seems to be key to Sang Sang's real identity.

I'm not sure if his classmates will do anything much in relation to the plot.  The drama doesn't seem much interested in them now NQ is Mr Thirteenth disciple.

Agreed.  Even though i don't think his acting is the greatest ever or anything but I do think he is doing a very good job given his age and minimal experience and he completely makes you believe he is NQ.  I definitely agree about his physicality, voice and presence which work so well for the character.  He's really managed to make the role his and it would have been nice to see his acting and experience grow along with the character.  I'll be interested to see how his successor interprets the role especially as from what webnovel readers say the story becomes darker and more complex.

I'm happy Song Yi Ren will stay.  She is perfect as Sang Sang and I can't imagine anyone else in the role.  I can't wait until she has more scenes and more material to work with as we find out more and more about SS.

I didnt expect CFY to be so young either. 17 when he played NQ & 18 now. Hes a literal baby. I didnt expect SY to be older than him at all. I was shocked. The Director really cast the perfect pair. SY is definitely the stronger actor in terms of emotion/expression.

SY is really good with her eyes. She cries effortlessly w/ such nuance/subtly, it doesnt feel forced at all. Theres so much energy/personality in SY's portrayal of SS that makes it very enjoyable to watch. Heck, Id watch a whole season of just her character alone. So hopefully the upcoming arc, she gets to shine. 

• Like 5

I only watched and finished episode 27 since the website I watch it from is slow Re English subs and lately lots of lag - so I have to wait at least a day or two before watching. The relationship between NQ and the Old Tailsman Master is also very sweet and touching.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, angelangie said:

they probably have it in the VIP section

Hey Chingu How are you doing??

I have a major question from the novel??? It has been bugging me a while now

Spoiler

Doesssss Sang Sang and NQ have their own language.  i know in combat they talk in Code but now I am reading chapter  71, the writer mention no one being able to understand NingSang talking to each other. I am correct or not???  

8 minutes ago, stella77 said:

@UnniSarah the novel clearly 

Reveal hidden contents

States that they can understand and communicate with each other by one look, expression or word - that is how close and how well they understand each other. 

I only said that @stella77 because of this particular scene in the novel. I tend to over think while reading. I do know that NingSang don’t always need words to communicate. :D

Spoiler

WK4Gs5q0xoRslxEYgjfW70W89hMFhjshDsFKkK3n

• LOL 4

Spoiler

About ep 35

I really loves the scene where NQ at last getting introduced as Mr. Thirteen, and how NQ debate with the bad old woman called 姑姑,  he even called her 老太婆, how ruthless and cold blooded is NQ, when he try to get justice from evil people. CFY really did a great job. I keep repeating this scene LOL. Really proud of NQ.

About ep 34

I am quite dissapointed with the 'Horse Gang' fighting scene especially where NQ and Lin Ling fight, it was too simple compared to the novel. And the girl sacrifice her life saving NQ, she hasnt know NQ that much but she willing to die for him hmmmm...

About ep 36

Well NQ is starting to have new girl friends, learning how to flirt with MSS. And make a puppy eyes contest with her. Something that he never done in Chang An Capital. Well i like this emotion development for NQ.

Oh well I accept NQ with everybody LOL, sorry for the NingSang worshipers out there :P

So far ep 33-36 in the wilderness, quite interesting since there are a lot lot lot of breath-taking view, upcoming great fighting scene and getting new friends and foes. Really interesting and cant wait for next week!

Yet agree it is so sad for SS being left alone waiting for NQ to come home safely. She must be worried a lot, that's why she gave the umbrella, and it does really help NQ in the wilderness. 

• Like 5