[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

So sad!  After reading the novel, I feel that CFY portayed Ning Que perfectly especially his interaction with Sang Sang.

Well! I will continue to enjoy this season.

I thnk they better change SYR too otherwise, I will feel that SangSang is cheating on Ning Que when she is with the other guy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lynne22 said:

LOL.. NQ is pretty strong in my opinion. In time he will have other lucky encounters and became even stronger. But you just can't escape the power of TIME, because in this story, the older you are the stronger you will become. 

Hide contents

And the oldest person in the story is Fuzi, the teacher. So yes.. He is the stongest, even after he ascended to the sky and became the Moon of the universe. 

The Ranking should be:

1. Fuzi

2. Junior Uncle, Ke Haoran (died)

3. Zhishou Abbey Leader, Chen something (I can't remember) He's chen pipi's father 

4. Eldest brother, Li Manman

5. 3rd Sister, Yu Lian

etc

Ye Hong Yu, Ning Que and Mo Shan Shan is almost as strong... but on different aspect. 

On Fighting skill YHY and NQ are on par. 

I guess the thing that set NQ apart from other cultivator is because he combines his wits/combat abilities with his power due to his background in the military. And not many cultivator have this kind of mindset. 

He's might not be as strong in the term of power with his opponents but in the term of will and smart, he has it in spades. And that's what gave him victory against enemies who are in higher level. It's pretty satisfying for me to read them. 

Reveal hidden contents

And don't forget NQ was hugging SS, (his totem)  when he dreams of the ocean.... 

So if Ning Que ages well in this world he would become number 1? 

Spoiler

So the Ocean is Sang Sang's power or something? what exactly do you mean by that.

Also does for Ning Que to become someone under Fuzi maybe he see's Ning Que as his successor? 

33 minutes ago, juhli said:

idk if the official statement has been posted here already, but yeah...it's official :-(

Im sad now unless they get someone really likeable i cant watch season 2.. literally only Liu Haoran can i see as a replacement .

I hope this means hes going to be doing other drama's faster and if hes the only one being replaced its somewhat acceptable depending who they get.

Ill still give S2 a chance i want to know how this story end's and if most people returning its still watchable. 

• Like 2

@Wotad, I like Liu Haoran too. His character look in NiF2 kind of reminds me of NQ. I think I can see him as NQ. It’s sad though that the actor that plays NQ won’t be returning. Depending on who they replace him with, I might not watch season 2. It’s not hard for me to do that because season 2 might not be released anytime soon and I mostly would have moved on in the meantime.  

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@Wotad, I like Liu Haoran too. His character look in NiF2 kind of reminds me of NQ. I think I can see him as NQ. It’s sad though that the actor that plays NQ won’t be returning. Depending on who they replace him with, I might not watch season 2. It’s not hard for me to do that because season 2 might not be released anytime soon and I mostly would have moved on in the meantime.  

Ill watch a few eps of season 2 it will depend on who his replacement is if its Dylan Wang then no chance ill like it , hes a ok actor in a romance drama in a Wuxia no way. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mei2018 said:

It was also posted at a Fanpage that Adam Cheng and Yuan Bing Yan will also not return for their roles. Can anyone confirm it?

If loads of people dont return i wouldnt even class it as a S2 and think of it like another new Wuxia .. would be more acceptable xd 

• Sad 1

Soooo sad! First Tientsin Mystic and LX and now CFY for this show. I hope he will come back for season 3? I can understand it since he is young and needs to plan Re school too. Depends on how Season 1 ends, if same director/majority of cast, who gets cast in season 2 as NQ and maybe I will give it a chance. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, stella77 said:

Soooo sad! First Tientsin Mystic and LX and now CFY for this show. I hope he will come back for season 3? I can understand it since he is young and needs to plan Re school too. Depends on how Season 1 ends, if same director/majority of cast, who gets cast in season 2 as NQ and maybe I will give it a chance. 

Yeah im not watching Tienstin Mystic season 2 at all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

No one will be able to play NQ well as CFY

He will be my perfect NQ but I will still watch S2 for SYR, Sang Sang. I want to see where the story will lead her but would not watch for the romance. Since it would not be NangSang anymore

• Like 3

Happy Thanksgiving/Friendsgiving everyone! I am currently reading the NightFall novel and has not check the show at all. I'm gonna wait for the whole episode since I still enjoyed reading. As for replacement of CFY, I have no comment about it since I already decided that after season one, I'm not watching season 2 after the rumor of changing casts. I will  just finish the book and imagine SS and NQ in every chapter. lol  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Wotad said:

So if Ning Que ages well in this world he would become number 1? 

Hide contents

So the Ocean is Sang Sang's power or something? what exactly do you mean by that.

Also does for Ning Que to become someone under Fuzi maybe he see's Ning Que as his successor? 

@Wotad Yes, I think he could be even more powerful if he aged well.

About your question, as the novel translation has reached this part, I might as well say this LoL.

Spoiler

Sang Sang is a reincarnation of Hades. But unbeknownst to all, Hades and Haotion, the God everyone is worshiping are actually one and the same. She's a Goddess. 

NQ is Fuzi's student, but not a direct successor. I think the whole 13 member of the second floor are Fuzi's successor. Because each have their own skill and function in protecting the Tang Empire. Fuzi is very old.... He has a hand in building the empire with the first emperor around 1000 years ago. 

NQ will be a legacy successor for his Junior uncle, Ke Haoran instead. And also for Master Lotus, a demon sect leader that was trapped and punished by Ke Haoran. This will all be revealed during his Adventure to the wilderness later on. :)

I haven't watch last night's episode, but the previous Ep 25-26 is a very warm and happy episode. I enjoy it a lot.  

• Like 5

I still hope that the director n producer have the same thought to bring back the same team again, although it will delay the production, it better delayed than failed right? Wasting time, effort n budget. No need to hurry, we fan surely will wait patiently to get the ideal one, that is the same team as S1. Except if it will be a whole new diff story like NoF 1 & 2, same production team but diff casts. 

• Like 3

It is not realistic for producers to delay if they have already agreed to some things such as air dates with investors or buyers. In this case, I am sure they would wait if t was an option but clearly due to the schedule conflict and long duration of shoot it wasn’t possible. You can tell in hindsight that they didn’t planned well for season 2. Meaning that it wasn’t a sure thing but due to the positive feedback, they jumped at the chance.

• Like 4