Quantcast

Go Sung Hee And Park Hyung Sik Hint At Their Relationship In KBS "Suits"

Go-Sung-Hee-Park-Hyung-Sik1.jpeg

Upcoming KBS 2TV drama “Suits” has released its first stills of Park Hyung Sik and Go Sung Hee!

“Suits” is a remake of the popular American drama series about a legendary lawyer at a top law firm who hires a genius without a college degree or law license as his associate.

In the stills, Go Yeon Woo (played by Park Hyung Sik) and Kim Ji Na (played by Go Sung Hee) give everyone a glimpse at their relationship in “Suits.”

The two characters, who are different in every way, cross paths at Korea’s top law firm Kang&Ham. They argue every time they meet, but there’s an undeniable spark between them that hints at an exciting romance that will help complete the storyline.

Go-Sung-Hee-Park-Hyung-Sik.jpeg

Go Yeon Woo and Kim Ji Na find each other appealing because each person has something the other doesn’t have. Go Yeon Woo has a photographic memory and a great ability to empathize with others, but lacks experience in the legal world.

On the other hand, Kim Ji Na is skillful, intelligent, and wanted by everyone at the law firm. This seemingly-perfect character, however, has a secret weakness that will link her to Go Yeon Woo.

Will the spark between them amount to something more? Find out when “Suits” premieres on April 25 at 10 p.m. KST. 

soompi

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

press conference today.

Dbci0S9WAAAgTd2.jpgDbci0S9XcAEwkFM.jpg

Spoiler

Dbchb9qW4AIQ5hK.jpg

Spoiler

DbchcDKXcAAlR3Y.jpg

BROMANCE

Dbch7-TWsAArfwZ.jpg

Spoiler

Dbch7-UW4AIbFNb.jpg

Edited by triplem
Pls put 4th image onwards in spoiler. Thanks
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

thank you so much for the pics and vidz!!! been lurking waiting for updates. am that excited. hihiii. :D hyperventilating, squealing inwardly. Two more days!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush: I've been rewatching Suits to calm myself. 

• Like 5

April 23, 2018

Korean adaptation of 'Suits' adds local color to popular U.S. drama

By Woo Jae-yeon

SEOUL, April 23 (Yonhap) -- The highly-anticipated Korean adaptation of American legal drama "Suits" is set to premiere Wednesday. On the same day, the popular series will broadcast its season 7 finale in the U.S.

Premiered in June 2011 on the cable network USA, the U.S. series is being remade overseas for the first time in Korea. Its second announced redo is the Arabic adaptation.

Park Sung-hye, CEO of the Seoul-based production company Monster Union, said during a press event in Seoul on Monday that the company had been planning for several years to produce the remake.

She added that the company has been incredibly lucky to cast two actors -- Jang Dong-gun and Park Hyung-sik -- who will play an unlikely legal ensemble in the critically acclaimed New York-based legal drama.

Actors Jang Dong-gun (L) and Park Hyung-sik attend a press event for "Suits" in Seoul on April 23, 2018. (Yonhap)

Actors Jang Dong-gun (L) and Park Hyung-sik attend a press event for "Suits" in Seoul on April 23, 2018. (Yonhap)

Jang will play Choi Kang-seok, the Korean version of Harvey Specter, the legendary, charismatic hotshot lawyer who works at the country's top law firm. Park will take the role of Choi's partner, Koh Yeon-woo, the Korean Mike Ross, who is hired by Choi as his personal associate for his photographic memory and high intelligence even though he has no license to practice law.

Actor Jang, 46, is returning to the small screen after he last appeared in the 20-episode "A Gentleman's Dignity" on SBS in 2012.

After appearing in a series of dark crime thrillers, including "Seven Years of Night" and "V.I.P.," in recent years, the actor said he wanted to be in a "more upbeat and bright" drama or film.

"I decided to join the drama without watching the original series. Then I watched the show and found it very interesting and appealing," he said. "I stopped watching midway through the first season because I was afraid of unwittingly copying the character."

Emphasizing the importance of the drama's localization to appeal to the local audience, he said, "There are natural changes in the characters and revisions to reflect Korean law and legal situations."

A poster for "Suit" in this image provided by KBS 2TV. (Yonhap)

A poster for "Suit" in this image provided by KBS 2TV. (Yonhap)

The idol-turned-actor Park, a member of boy group ZE:A, expressed anticipation to work together with senior actor Jang and said he would do his best to demonstrate bromance, an essential element to depict how the legal duo works closely together to close cases.

The charm and power of characters will play a very important role in making the show successful, said producer Kim Jin-woo.

"Characters play a crucial role in storytelling, so it is really important for me to make the characters relatable. All the episodes are created in the way that they support and explain the characters," he said.

While acknowledging the pressure to remake the highly successful American show, he said the Korean version would have merit in its own unique way.

"We don't want to copy but to interpret (the original) in our own way," he said, adding he tried to strike a balance between keeping to the original storyline and trying to instill Korean color and originality into the adaptation.

The 16-episode drama will go on air at 10 p.m. on KBS 2TV Wednesday.

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

April 23, 2018

Korean version of ‘Suits’ set to air

A Korean remake of the popular US drama series “Suits” aims to focus on interpretation rather than imitation, making the series more relatable to a Korean audience. 

The Wednesday-Thursday series on KBS2 revolves around the relationship between legendary lawyer Choi Kang-suk and rookie lawyer Go Yeon-woo, played by Jang Dong-gun and Park Hyung-sik, respectively. Choi hires Go as an associate lawyer, even though he isn’t qualified for the job, valuing his photographic memory. 

Jang Dong-gun (left) and Park Hyung-sik pose for photos at a media briefing held Monday at Times Square mall in Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul. (Yonhap)

“The drama is a character play. The series will be different from other Korean dramas, making the characters stand out,” director Kim Jin-woo said at a media briefing held Monday in western Seoul. “The episodes are focused on highlighting the characters’ charms.”

Jang and Park are to show off their “bromance” chemistry. From the first meeting, the director was satisfied with the harmony of the two. 

Park was attracted by the relationship between the two main characters, after watching the original series. 

“I was overwhelmed at first when I cast for the role, due to the enormous amount of lines,” he said. “But I was charmed by the chemistry between characters and the catchy lines.” 

Jang stopped watching the first season, worried he might unconsciously copy the “exceptionally charming” character. “Suits” marks Jang‘s return to the small screen after a six-year break. He explained his choice of work, saying, “As my recent works have been dark and sad, I wanted to do something light.” 

While some doubt whether the remake series will be able to capture the wit of the original, the director displayed his confidence.

“We hope to interpret, not to imitate. If it’s too Korean, the original charms might fade away and if we just mimic the original work, it might not suit us. We are working on finding the right level,” the director said. “I am curious what viewers will think of the drama.”

The 16-part legal drama is set to air its first episode on Wednesday 10 p.m. on KBS2. 

By Im Eun-byel (silverstar@heraldcorp.com

Photos: HIGH CUT @highcutstar

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

one more day!!!!

we will start spazzing again....  (i am missing a lot... on this list.. kindly let me know.. thanks)

@anazs @ferily @xscalsve @Era Ferawati  @Visually-wandering @athena22 @Ainee Etp @bebebisous33 @sakura2016 @stroppyse @evie7 @USAFarmgirl @nonski @triplem  @Amanda_HS @jjoy84 @sharreb @penelop3 @sava2sava @willowmyst @valentina72  @s00ki

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, sebastian27 said:

one more day!!!!

we will start spazzing again....  (i am missing a lot... on this list.. kindly let me know.. thanks)

@anazs @ferily @xscalsve @Era Ferawati  @Visually-wandering @athena22 @Ainee Etp @bebebisous33 @sakura2016 @stroppyse @evie7 @USAFarmgirl @nonski @triplem  @Amanda_HS @jjoy84 @sharreb @penelop3 @sava2sava @willowmyst @valentina72  @s00ki

Thank you for mentioning. (^^)

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, sebastian27 said:

one more day!!!!

I am ready & have been looking forward to it! 

• Like 8

21 hours ago, sebastian27 said:

one more day!!!!

thanks for the shout-out :blush: less than 12 hours for us (or me) to see Hyungsik on air! yeayy!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, vladlola06 said:

@sebastian27 I'm here too, impatient !! it's today !! :)

Me too .

I feel like I am the only one here mostly because of Jang Dong-gun that I loved in a gentleman's dignity. I find the idea to cast him as the korean Harvey Specter so great. I personaly don't know if Park Hyung-sik can make me forget patrick J. Adams Mike Ross.

I hope that Jin Hee-kyung Jessicas is as great (if possible) as the us version.

• Like 5

ohhh... can't wait for tonight.....

@yusefull  you never know, Park Hyung Sik might surprise you, i also love Patrick J. Adams and been watching Suits since it first aired.

i am hoping too that  Jin Hee Kyung is in par with Gina Torres in her acting... 

@vladlola06 let's spazz tonight...

• Like 6