@USAFarmgirl and @evie7 - I also do not know the American version. Hence, I got totally confused with the ending of the first episode... Cannot wait to see the second episode.

I really liked the acting of the two leads. They were very good and not over the top. But it felt a bit hard for me to connect to the plot... Like, perhaps, the episode was not long enough? We did not get enough info on each? Dunno but i just thought it was ok. It felt like a superficial introduction to many things and it's lacking a bit for me so far. But, this is only the first episode so I can only expect things to get better! :)

@Kim Yunmi - I know nothing about fishes but I also felt bad for that poor fish in that tiny dirty bowl.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfIdCxVtDroYPkipBxZ4HIMG-1380+%25281%2529.JPGDbH15RlVMAEAUYw.jpg&key=2bfcf84a0b04f51a

My first thoughts are that Jang Dong Gun as KS is still just as slick, sleek and sexy as ever.  I am not sure if it's the way in which he holds himself or if it's just plain old CHARISMA!  What ever it is it's working!   And it only gets better when Park Hyung Sik as Yeon Woo enters the story a hoodie never looked so good!!!:w00t:

From the variety of background music to the colorful and interesting characters.  To the words being spoken between KS and YW that felt as if they were speaking in a type of rhythm to one another.  Finding myself paying closer attention in wanting to hear every word being spoken as it felt to be moving at a faster pace.  Making me wonder if they shared the same gifts in which they were born with. 

Favorite line was " Joker...  It's nothing right now, but it can become anything later"  What a perfect description of KS's thoughts about YW and his own talent in being able to read people...

Favorite scene of course, the one where YW with earbuds in his ear holding onto his bike standing next to a young woman with her hand on her hip looking out into the rain.  Just the sweet sight of them from behind looking through the rain it was as if I could feel a sprinkle of romance.  Always hoping LOL:lol:  Or should I say a splatter of evidence left behind :w00t:

Although I will say seeing YW going into that large building heading towards Kang & Ham.  Just for a moment he looked a little like a small and lost boy on his first day of school a little excited and a little fearful at the same time.  I did laugh when he couldn't sit still while waiting in KS's office and couldn't help himself in moving over and picking up and leaning while smelling the flowers...

@evie7 & @carolinedl it sure is good to know I am not alone Chingus we can all experience it together!!!  Looking forward to your thoughts as well!!!  FIGHTING!!!

5 hours ago, Wotad said:

i was fine with it in the American version fine with it here.

i dont think they will condense 7 seasons into 16 episodes or will they .. because if so it will be quite rushed but lets see how they do it.

They r..it opened wid phs in jail..i think they will end series with his freedom

Omgeee, that was just the first episode (watched it subbed btw)...but man....this tandem is amazing...! PHS is just fantabulous..!!! And JDS is just the same awesomely amazing man everrrrr...! (I even named my 1st car “Betty” just so you know how i love this man..! And those who have been in KDrama for awhile will get what i am saying...! )

The pace, the lines, the acting, and basically just for the two guys... count me in...! 

Definitely be a regular visitor here...among some of the familiar names i have seen here already...Anneyeong chinggus...once again..! 

Can’t wait for the nxt episode...!

enjoy guys.. !

Just watched the subbed episode and i totally really liked it!! :heart: I wasn't bothered by the drugs at all. I felt Jeon Woo's desire to turn his life around and that's what matters to me. Being young and poor and alone to shoulder financial responsibilities, and really just not knowing where to start, i felt that. Right then, I was rooting for him. You go, boy! Make a name for yourself, be an Ace!  American Harvey is such a strong character that he's like spitting bullets when he speaks, and Kang Seok is softer here but so far I'm fine with it 'cause he's still smart and confident. I love Louis in the American version and Louis here is okay, not much screen time yet, but I think he's all right. Maybe it's just me but Donna here has some Jessica Alba angles I think. heheee. The Jeon-Woo-Rachel meeting was cute as mentioned, and hopefully, there's really chemistry when they start interacting for real.

I'm swooning over PHS's Jeon Woo. Sorry, guys, he's my bias. Random crazy thought but the moment he came out with that hoodie in the club and scenes onwards--his demeanor and all that--I'm seeing my hero in some of my fave English YA/NA novels.  hahaha!

Anyway, can't wait for the next episode tonight!! :blush: the ost is nice, too, btw...

Comparing American version of Suits (the first season) with the Korean, the sense is that YW (Hyung Sik's character) feels more angsty than the American version and I love that.  The hoody (what a great idea!), the loneliness, and those puppy eyes... I am a sucker for the misunderstood, lonely but brilliant character.  It leaves such great potential in telling a good story.  Especially so when being paired with someone (KS) who is unconventional, seeing things beyond the superficial.... I am hoping they will give us rich characterisation in this drama especially for YW and KS (Dong Gun's character).

Also, sneakers with suits can cut such fine figure.   Sigh... I need to endorse that...

Hi everyone, i'm new here. I'm a fan of Suits original version, Harvey Specter and Mike Rose :wub:. Mike Rose is my fav character, so happy when i knew it will be a Korean remake of Suits and today after i watch the first episode of Suits Korean version, omo seriously i love it right away. Park Hyun Sik portray Mike Rose really well,  both have their own charm of course, well i love Mike and Rachel love story so I will wait for Yeon Woo and Kim Ji Na love story as well. But well, I also love Harvey and Mike bromance, so can't wait to see how Kang Seok and Yeon Woo bromance will be. Ahh btw the back song in the scene when Yeon Woo ride his bicycle and met Ji Na in station, I'm in love with that song, can't wait for it to release. This drama really enjoyable, i'm really enjoy it :D

Back at PHS and JDG, who told PHS that he’s fired.

PHS said something about grabbing opportunity but JDG says something about he’s dreaming (my translation maybe wrong, haven’t live recap for long time)

PHS seems to have thought of an idea and they look at each other.

Flashback to JDG and his lady boss, JDG made his case.

Forward to current PHS and JDG. PHS said something that makes him reconsider until he finally says “Pass!”

Back to JDG and lady boss. She asks him to do something and he reluctantly receive a document from her.

Forward to PHS, JDG passes a stack to PHS, then complain about his attire. PHS doesn’t see any problem with his clothing but JDG passes his credit card to him.

PHS takes it without hesitation but not before his new boss tells him to ‘never make a mistake’.

Archived