• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PHS is perfect for Mike Ross's character. Watching his acting even without subs gives me the same vibes as us version. Seriously great choice. His charisma, demeanor, style - this all is so so similar to mike. But not exactly the same which is good.
But one thing is not similar at all - the PHS's suit is kinda better then mike's :D

plus this moment:

0D9DMIOnJdg.jpg

If you don't know rachel and mike's first meeting was boring and ordinary. But the korean version's first meeting is more romantic and actually I like it more than previous one. The meeting under the rain even if they didn't say a word to each other alludes to their future relationships, their future romance (i hope that they'll be together like in the us's version). And also this is typical for kdramas to make the two leads just ran into each other and when they second met I doubt that she'll say "I know you! Oh, you are the one who sprinkled me!" I already see this scene :lol:

2 minutes ago, nonski said:

i hope so too.  I dunno if it is still a problem but usually I can' t embed KBS YT clips here.  I we can have that done, we can request our dear @stroppyse

some may find it uncomfortable but I like that they are sticking with the original more, drugs is a universal issue/problem.

I watched it on streaming site  and it buffers a lot but from what i've seen so far , yes you are right that they stick to the original suits. 

Thank you very much for allowing me to see this first episode! :)

Having seen the American version, I find that they have kept most of the original. Well, I admit I didn"t understand anything lol! but it helps to have seen the US version!

It's strange to see Hyungsik like this after his role in SWDBS lol (I just have to get used to it)! ^^ :wacko::D

By cons I like the way they represent his monstrous memory on the screen!

On the other hand, I didn't know the other main actor, but I must admit he is crash the screen! he really has a lot of charisma and can easily make me forget the "Harvey Specter" of the US version!

I loved the Korean version of "Louis Litt." lol! and the fact that they have integrated the dictaphone!:lol:

In short, not disappointed with this first episode, quickly more!

3 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

@mufalo I too felt the meeting was little romantic n it eluded the feeling like they r destined to meet lolz.. It may sound cliche but I like these kinda meetings of leads!! :wub:

that actually to me is where the Korean drama element comes in.... cue, romance, fate...

6 minutes ago, nonski said:

that actually to me is where the Korean drama element comes in.... cue, romance, fate...

That's what I mentioned in my post earlier that it's suits with korean touch.. These r the small things which gives us the aura of Korean dramas.. I m waiting to see their relationship development!! 

8 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

@mufalo I too felt the meeting was little romantic n it eluded the feeling like they r destined to meet lolz.. It may sound cliche but I like these kinda meetings of leads!! :wub:

These first meetings are something for which I'm in love with kdramas actually. If the writers make their romance more romantic and softer I'll be the happiest. In the us version I kinda felt the lack of it  :unsure:

3 minutes ago, mufalo said:

These first meetings are something for which I'm in love with kdramas actually. If the writers make their romance more romantic and softer I'll be the happiest. In the us version I kinda felt the lack of it  :unsure:

Generally US dramas lacks romantic stuffs.. They r point blank to their genre!!.. I too wish the show some softie romance but I m really skeptic how they will fit the 7 seasons in 16 episodes..  Hope they show everything is balanced out.. 

I also liked the first meeting between Mike and Rachel, romantic and comic (here we find the clumsy side, "in the moon" of Ross) is well represented, I was a little afraid with Ko Sung-Hee, I didn't like it at all in "Spy" (no chemistry with Jaejoong or a badly written role, I don't know ...) but there, with Hyungsik, even without a word, it seems to pass ( Fingers crossed)

Just now, icyphoenix said:

Generally US dramas lacks romantic stuffs.. They r point blank to their genre!!.. I too wish the show some softie romance but I m really skeptic how they will fit the 7 seasons in 16 episodes..  Hope they show everything is balanced out.. 

I think that first eps will be about court cases and our main bromance. From ep 8-10 the'll start love lines (yes, "lines", I hope that korean donna and harvey will be together eventually unlike the us ver's cruel plot when harvey and donna are kinda dating and kinda not). And then we'll be suffering from korean mike's "big secret" of course if it's in the drama (subs sre not out yet so, who knows?). Maybe there'll be some bad guy or something and they won't just investigate cases, idk. 

14 minutes ago, vladlola06 said:

I also liked the first meeting between Mike and Rachel, romantic and comic (here we find the clumsy side, "in the moon" of Ross) is well represented, I was a little afraid with Ko Sung-Hee, I didn't like it at all in "Spy" (no chemistry with Jaejoong or a badly written role, I don't know ...) but there, with Hyungsik, even without a word, it seems to pass ( Fingers crossed)

I don't like Ko Sung Hee actually but these few seconds with PHS has changed my opinion completely. Weird. This drama acts on me very well :lol:

7 minutes ago, mufalo said:

I think that first eps will be about court cases and our main bromance. From ep 8-10 the'll start love lines (yes, "lines", I hope that korean donna and harvey will be together eventually unlike the us ver's cruel plot when harvey and donna are kinda dating and kinda not). And then we'll be suffering from korean mike's "big secret" of course if it's in the drama (subs sre not out yet so, who knows?). Maybe there'll be some bad guy or something and they won't just investigate cases, idk. 

Now that would be the correct balance of bromance n romance n suspense stuff!! Let's see how the Korean writers write it off as we have really less time space to execute stuffs!! 

30 minutes ago, sik1116 said:

Was I the only one wishing that they could have change the drug related thing coz am not really comfortable with it -_-

Your not alone! I this is why I am done with US show. they often have drug there as a gimmick and it seems like almost every American does drugs if you take  shows as face value...  back to this. they could easily done something different and yet have been true to the original. In prison playbook they had one drug addict in the show, but they had a message with the character on how dangerous addiction is... so in that show it is at least to me understandable why they need to talk about drug. but in this case they could have easy done without it. to me if a show is talking about heavy topic there need to be a deep reason for why they ad it. and talk about it in the story.  

@triplem

@mufalo

@nonski

Hello. Apparently Viki didn't get Suits licensed :(

We, as fans, did what we could (requested it a  lot) but we  have no news so far.

Netflix has appeared and competition is even more fierce these days :/

We are now trying to get About Time licensed. Hope we get it.

P.S: I'm afraid it's going to be like "Something in the Rain"  :unsure:

We will have to watch Suits elsewhere I guess

tumblr_nl38sgLJLk1suaw8oo3_500.gif

46 minutes ago, triplem said:

I agree with you . If I recall correctly it was an important part of later episodes where Louis uses it to blackmail mike or something. 

Anyway , Mike will change over time . How much of the 6 Seasons ( I will discount  the current 7th season ) they are going to condense & adapt in the 16 episodes will be interesting to see.

edit: I need to learn the Korean names , lol!

@bebebisous33 So far Netflix has been subbing the cable dramas. Fingers cross that DramaFever or Viki has this . 

You can not watch it on Viki... That's what is worrying me.

@nonski Thanks for the tag. I have been waiting to get back home after teaching to check this thread out and was pleased to see your tag! :)

@bebebisous33 I am with you here, worried about who got the license. Viki has not. Because "Suits" is on Netflix, I would not be surprised if they also have the Korean version... but that would be hell for us. All my current shows are subbed by Netflix and so it sucks (Pretty Noona, Live), I always have to wait to see them... I wish they would come with subs quicker at Netflix if they were to rid the Korean dramas wagon.

The Raw is up on some sites though. Perhaps I'll watch that today...

Archived