• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am looking forward to watch this because of PHS. have not watched the original show, but have read about it and some part put me off: "Former student Mike Ross makes a living illegally taking the Law School Admission Test for others. To pay for his grandmother's care, he agrees to deliver a case of marijuana for his best friend Trevor, a drug dealer."

frankly I stopped watching US show because the way they use drug in so many story and often glorify it and make the show seems more edgy. kinda hope this version do something different and cut the drug part out of the story.   

Park Hyung Sik Reveals Why He Chose To Act In “Suits” And How He’s Preparing For His Role

DbHC6JXV4AAb37s.jpg

Park Hyung Sik talked about his upcoming KBS 2TV drama “Suits”!

“Suits” is about a legendary lawyer named Choi Kang Suk (played by Jang Dong Gun) who hires a genius named Go Yeon Woo (played by Park Hyung Sik) as his associate despite the fact that he doesn’t have a college degree or license to practice law. It is a remake of the popular American legal drama series of the same name.

The description alone previews a bromance, where viewers can expect the chemistry and relationship of the two leads as a highlight of the drama.

Park Hyung Sik said, “The on-screen relationship of Choi Kang Sik and Go Yeon Woo was really original. It felt like something I haven’t seen in any other projects. I think this played a big part in me choosing this drama. Director Kim Jin Woo, writer Kim Jung Min, the staff, and casting of the actors including Jang Dong Gun were really appealing and amazing, so I’m really looking forward to it.”

Spoiler

Park-Hyung-Sik3.jpg

Park Hyung Sik’s character Go Eun Woo has a photographic memory and a strong ability to empathize with others. Because of this, Park Hyung Sik needs to be both bright and dark as well as sharp and smooth. About his character, the actor said, “It felt like I was looking at a stray cat. He looks like he’s always on edge, is never satisfied with the world, and is doubtful and careful of others’ kindness.”

When asked what he was doing to better portray his character, Park Hyung Sik replied, “I put a lot of emphasis on the tone and manner in the drama, and my character. I talked with the director and writer about Yeon Woo and repeated that process. Since Yeon Woo has a photographic memory, I also thought about and worked hard to portray that part.”

Many are looking forward to seeing Park Hyung Sik and Jang Dong Gun working together as the leads of “Suits.” In a previous interview, Jang Dong Gun described his co-star as “an actor of many strengths” and boasted of their “good chemistry.”

Park Hyung Sik replied, “Our bromance started since our first meeting. Senior! It’s an honor to work with you.”

Spoiler

Park-Hyung-Sik11.jpg

This drama will premiere on April 25 at 10 p.m. KST.

cr

======

DbHROyRVwAAFqj_.jpg

Spoiler

DbHWdQFUMAEMD9P.jpg

Suits casts will have an interview on Apri 23 6pm. (Watch at: vlive.tv/video/67471)

hello everyone! new comer here but my excitement for SUITS Korea's no new.

i am sooo happy considering the fact that SUITS is my fav american tv show. everyone who did the casting job are definitely admirable. although i'm a bit pessimistic hence the fact that the previous CRIMINAL MINDS remake was such a whack job #nooffense. the casting work itself left us wondering who'll play who, they merged characters into one person probably due to popularity. i am glad that we are currently far away from that "problem". Hyungsik and JDG are both popular actors but it looks like they got their role proportionally and i already could guess who's playing who from the trailer/poster itself. American SUITS somehow got this chic gentlemen - gatsby feeling, and i already could feel those gentlemen-ness from the first trailer. and more, i am tired of watching Korean dramas with prosecutors on it. i still can remember clearly that almost all Korean dramas i've ever watch, about law, is all about prosecutor and/or detective that i began to think, why can't they create a story about lawyer? 

4 hours ago, AyuW said:

hello everyone! new comer here but my excitement for SUITS Korea's no new.

i am sooo happy considering the fact that SUITS is my fav american tv show. everyone who did the casting job are definitely admirable. although i'm a bit pessimistic hence the fact that the previous CRIMINAL MINDS remake was such a whack job #nooffense. the casting work itself left us wondering who'll play who, they merged characters into one person probably due to popularity. i am glad that we are currently far away from that "problem". Hyungsik and JDG are both popular actors but it looks like they got their role proportionally and i already could guess who's playing who from the trailer/poster itself. American SUITS somehow got this chic gentlemen - gatsby feeling, and i already could feel those gentlemen-ness from the first trailer. and more, i am tired of watching Korean dramas with prosecutors on it. i still can remember clearly that almost all Korean dramas i've ever watch, about law, is all about prosecutor and/or detective that i began to think, why can't they create a story about lawyer? 

I love American Criminal Minds so much that I can't still get myself to watch other versions. It's one of my top fave shows. The cast is just so perfect. Your comment discouraged me further into watching the kversion. hehe. I really like Suits, too, but only saw a couple of seasons. I like that the women are smart, strong and as ambitious, the two main leads are charismatic and brutally honest, and I'm also really looking forward to seeing Louis character Korean counter part besides Harvey's and Mike's. 'Cause he really cracked me up in season 3 i think, especially whenever he was having conversation with his psychiatrist. he's funny, smart, super annoying and lovable at the same time. :D 

I wonder how they're gonna cram the story though from Mike becoming Harvey's associate to solving cases, then Mike's secret revelation, going to prison and coming out, restoring the firm...those are my fave twists. Hope they'll be wrapped up nicely and smoothlyyyy...

So hyped and can't wait for next week!!! *squealinggg* 

Go Sung Hee And Park Hyung Sik Hint At Their Relationship In KBS "Suits"

Go-Sung-Hee-Park-Hyung-Sik1.jpeg

Upcoming KBS 2TV drama “Suits” has released its first stills of Park Hyung Sik and Go Sung Hee!

“Suits” is a remake of the popular American drama series about a legendary lawyer at a top law firm who hires a genius without a college degree or law license as his associate.

In the stills, Go Yeon Woo (played by Park Hyung Sik) and Kim Ji Na (played by Go Sung Hee) give everyone a glimpse at their relationship in “Suits.”

The two characters, who are different in every way, cross paths at Korea’s top law firm Kang&Ham. They argue every time they meet, but there’s an undeniable spark between them that hints at an exciting romance that will help complete the storyline.

Go-Sung-Hee-Park-Hyung-Sik.jpeg

Go Yeon Woo and Kim Ji Na find each other appealing because each person has something the other doesn’t have. Go Yeon Woo has a photographic memory and a great ability to empathize with others, but lacks experience in the legal world.

On the other hand, Kim Ji Na is skillful, intelligent, and wanted by everyone at the law firm. This seemingly-perfect character, however, has a secret weakness that will link her to Go Yeon Woo.

Will the spark between them amount to something more? Find out when “Suits” premieres on April 25 at 10 p.m. KST. 

soompi

April 23, 2018

Korean adaptation of 'Suits' adds local color to popular U.S. drama

By Woo Jae-yeon

SEOUL, April 23 (Yonhap) -- The highly-anticipated Korean adaptation of American legal drama "Suits" is set to premiere Wednesday. On the same day, the popular series will broadcast its season 7 finale in the U.S.

Premiered in June 2011 on the cable network USA, the U.S. series is being remade overseas for the first time in Korea. Its second announced redo is the Arabic adaptation.

Park Sung-hye, CEO of the Seoul-based production company Monster Union, said during a press event in Seoul on Monday that the company had been planning for several years to produce the remake.

She added that the company has been incredibly lucky to cast two actors -- Jang Dong-gun and Park Hyung-sik -- who will play an unlikely legal ensemble in the critically acclaimed New York-based legal drama.

Actors Jang Dong-gun (L) and Park Hyung-sik attend a press event for "Suits" in Seoul on April 23, 2018. (Yonhap)

Actors Jang Dong-gun (L) and Park Hyung-sik attend a press event for "Suits" in Seoul on April 23, 2018. (Yonhap)

Jang will play Choi Kang-seok, the Korean version of Harvey Specter, the legendary, charismatic hotshot lawyer who works at the country's top law firm. Park will take the role of Choi's partner, Koh Yeon-woo, the Korean Mike Ross, who is hired by Choi as his personal associate for his photographic memory and high intelligence even though he has no license to practice law.

Actor Jang, 46, is returning to the small screen after he last appeared in the 20-episode "A Gentleman's Dignity" on SBS in 2012.

After appearing in a series of dark crime thrillers, including "Seven Years of Night" and "V.I.P.," in recent years, the actor said he wanted to be in a "more upbeat and bright" drama or film.

"I decided to join the drama without watching the original series. Then I watched the show and found it very interesting and appealing," he said. "I stopped watching midway through the first season because I was afraid of unwittingly copying the character."

Emphasizing the importance of the drama's localization to appeal to the local audience, he said, "There are natural changes in the characters and revisions to reflect Korean law and legal situations."

A poster for "Suit" in this image provided by KBS 2TV. (Yonhap)

A poster for "Suit" in this image provided by KBS 2TV. (Yonhap)

The idol-turned-actor Park, a member of boy group ZE:A, expressed anticipation to work together with senior actor Jang and said he would do his best to demonstrate bromance, an essential element to depict how the legal duo works closely together to close cases.

The charm and power of characters will play a very important role in making the show successful, said producer Kim Jin-woo.

"Characters play a crucial role in storytelling, so it is really important for me to make the characters relatable. All the episodes are created in the way that they support and explain the characters," he said.

While acknowledging the pressure to remake the highly successful American show, he said the Korean version would have merit in its own unique way.

"We don't want to copy but to interpret (the original) in our own way," he said, adding he tried to strike a balance between keeping to the original storyline and trying to instill Korean color and originality into the adaptation.

The 16-episode drama will go on air at 10 p.m. on KBS 2TV Wednesday.

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

April 23, 2018

Korean version of ‘Suits’ set to air

A Korean remake of the popular US drama series “Suits” aims to focus on interpretation rather than imitation, making the series more relatable to a Korean audience. 

The Wednesday-Thursday series on KBS2 revolves around the relationship between legendary lawyer Choi Kang-suk and rookie lawyer Go Yeon-woo, played by Jang Dong-gun and Park Hyung-sik, respectively. Choi hires Go as an associate lawyer, even though he isn’t qualified for the job, valuing his photographic memory. 

Jang Dong-gun (left) and Park Hyung-sik pose for photos at a media briefing held Monday at Times Square mall in Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul. (Yonhap)

“The drama is a character play. The series will be different from other Korean dramas, making the characters stand out,” director Kim Jin-woo said at a media briefing held Monday in western Seoul. “The episodes are focused on highlighting the characters’ charms.”

Jang and Park are to show off their “bromance” chemistry. From the first meeting, the director was satisfied with the harmony of the two. 

Park was attracted by the relationship between the two main characters, after watching the original series. 

“I was overwhelmed at first when I cast for the role, due to the enormous amount of lines,” he said. “But I was charmed by the chemistry between characters and the catchy lines.” 

Jang stopped watching the first season, worried he might unconsciously copy the “exceptionally charming” character. “Suits” marks Jang‘s return to the small screen after a six-year break. He explained his choice of work, saying, “As my recent works have been dark and sad, I wanted to do something light.” 

While some doubt whether the remake series will be able to capture the wit of the original, the director displayed his confidence.

“We hope to interpret, not to imitate. If it’s too Korean, the original charms might fade away and if we just mimic the original work, it might not suit us. We are working on finding the right level,” the director said. “I am curious what viewers will think of the drama.”

The 16-part legal drama is set to air its first episode on Wednesday 10 p.m. on KBS2. 

By Im Eun-byel (silverstar@heraldcorp.com

Photos: HIGH CUT @highcutstar

one more day!!!!

we will start spazzing again....  (i am missing a lot... on this list.. kindly let me know.. thanks)

@anazs @ferily @xscalsve @Era Ferawati  @Visually-wandering @athena22 @Ainee Etp @bebebisous33 @sakura2016 @stroppyse @evie7 @USAFarmgirl @nonski @triplem  @Amanda_HS @jjoy84 @sharreb @penelop3 @sava2sava @willowmyst @valentina72  @s00ki

12 minutes ago, sebastian27 said:

one more day!!!!

we will start spazzing again....  (i am missing a lot... on this list.. kindly let me know.. thanks)

@anazs @ferily @xscalsve @Era Ferawati  @Visually-wandering @athena22 @Ainee Etp @bebebisous33 @sakura2016 @stroppyse @evie7 @USAFarmgirl @nonski @triplem  @Amanda_HS @jjoy84 @sharreb @penelop3 @sava2sava @willowmyst @valentina72  @s00ki

Thank you for mentioning. (^^)

Archived