[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

14 minutes ago, Zelda said:

Question for y'all:

Who's hand is this? It doesn't look like Asa Nyeo's to me.

I believe it's OG. These are LSG's fingers:) I think with the help of the incense-burner. he would be able to go into SM's dream. 

• Like 11

@dubuqueen Good point. Quite the possibility.

29 minutes ago, juju84 said:

I believe it's OG. These are LSG's fingers:) I think with the help of the incense-burner. he would be able to go into SM's dream. 

@juju84 That's what I was hoping too! But where is the GGG then? Does his come off in a dream, but instead Sun Mi's ring can appear in the dream?

EDIT: Gu Family Book spoiler @lovii024

Spoiler

I just can't imagine that LSG would once again pick a fantasy story where the OTP's main relationship barrier is a predicted death fate and the death fate wins. Maybe I'm wrong, but because of that mindset, I can't bring myself to fret too much over whether they will be allowed to be together in the end.

Edited by Zelda
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, aunniek said:

I agree that Jonathan was never a realistic rival.  He did give her a necklace before he left, I think she said it reminded her of "love" death bell.  I wonder if that will be significant or just PPL..................

If I remember correctly, the necklace said “Happy Ending” and Jonathan mentioned that he hoped SM has a happy ending to her story. SM equates the happy ending with the destined love of the love bell as a happy ending. It was cute, and hopefully some foreshadowing that this drama will have a happy ending but not sure that it was significant beyond that.

I kind of hope that Jonathan is just a human, and not some immortal or heavenly being in disguise since he was SM’s only human admirer. 

Btw, the version of the next episode from the snippets of the preview that I’m going to believe is that at OG’s cry of anguish, SM starts to wake up, and lets slip a clue of where she is to OG. Summer Fairy wakes up as well (since Frost had put her to sleep while he stole the incense urn) and talks her brother into helping OG into the dream so that he can see SM. They escape from that state, and SM going back into her body forces ASN back into BJ. That’s why ASN as BJ visits the professor to reclaim her sarcophagus anyway, though she probably then tempts him into an alliance with her powers.

However, OG and SM are back as themselves, and this time there is no reason for OG not to stay over and spend the night with SM. :D 

I don’t care if this isn’t accurate. It fits together well enough from the preview bits, and covers all the things I want to happen versus prolonged angst. Plus, this way I can anticipate the bed scene with eagerness instead of dread. Also, OG looks intense and focused on his “prey” SM, but he’s been hungry for her for a long time (and not as fried chicken :)), so I can understand his focus in finally being able to be with his lover. And, oh my, OG looking intently at SM is a blushworthy thing of beauty. :D 

1 hour ago, juju84 said:

Are you sure?I was thinking his hands are a bit more gnarly looking... 

And no bracelet... :)

(I think it is SM's hand - probably while possessed by ASN)

Image result for lee seung gi hands

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I just realized that if Oh Gong does come into the dream to save Sun Mi -instead of she getting herself out-, then that will be the third time that Sun Mi is wearing a wedding dress around him. I guess their real wedding would end up being "fourth time is the charm"?

• Like 7
  • LOL 6

24 minutes ago, hikaru_dawn said:

I'm not even sure if my eyes are failing me or that Seon Mi's ring in the "bed scene" seems like a gold band. Rather than the engagement ring Oh Gong gave her

That’s what I thought too! Wahoo! I’m not alone then.

• Like 4

sunmi have always thought that finishing her missoon -> she can live normally.

Mawang  deceived her even though he knew the price of being a samjang . She is a sacrifice to seal the gate of hell.

I realize that  all the demons are selfish, temperamental, and ready to betray anytime despite knowing what price they have to pay. They keeps saying humans are worse and unrpredictable but are they really?

i now understand even more why Sunmi's character is like that. Among those demons ahe is the only one with a pure heart. Not once she has ever thought about betrayals or using her power other than for  helping people.  It's sad that her kind and naive heart have been used so many times not only by demons but her own relatives too

OG already fell in love and mark her as his since he saw her again. The great sage never loves anyone other than himself but Sunmi is like the heaven and the world for him. His desperation of him calling her is so real *swoon swoon swoon*.

The more he loves her the more he  doesn't want Sunmi to get involve in these mission and demons world. Look how possesive and protective he is... he wants her to live in her beuatiful dream believeing thay the bell means fated love ( athough i have to agree with Mawang this time that she deserves to know her own fate)

• Like 19

@haymochi well said!

I interpret the last line that he says in the ep15 preview to mean: "Right now, I’m very scared (of losing you forever), having a hard time (it hurts to be without you, and I'm struggling to find you), and in danger (of never seeing you again). Where are you?"

Sniff:cry: Good thing the Olympic games are on right now to distract me, or the wait this week would be difficult indeed.

• Like 10

Major lesson from this episode: don’t talk about fate and destiny when you are about to go to bed with oppa! ㅋㅋ

hwayugi-jin-sunmi-son-ohgong-bed.jpg?w=616

K-Drama Reaction: Hwayugi | Episode 14

hwayugi-episode-14.jpg?w=816
Date: February 15, 2018 Author: maknaeahjumma

We all have our own definition of love.

Love is…blind

hwayugi-mawang-blind.jpg?w=616

I was relieved to find out that Ma-wang (Cha Seung-won) was relatively fine after receiving 10,000 years worth of pain for his one true love, Na Chal-nyeol (Kim Ji-soo). With the help of Son Oh-gong (Lee Seung-gi) and Elder Soo Bo-ri (Sung Ji-ru), the Princess Iron Fan finally died in peace. The only repercussion of his sacrifice is temporary blindness, which resulted in a lot of hilarious sequences. Those were much-needed relief especially for the looming trouble the demons are facing.  If only everything will stay as it is just like how the Great Sage wishes it to be.

Love is…scary

hwayugi-lee-seyoung-makeup.jpg?w=616

I’m trying to understand why General Frost (Sung Hyuk) had to follow to Ah Sa-nyeo’s (Lee Se-young) orders. He is indebted to the Priestess for letting his sister Fairy Ha’s soul reside in his body. I know, he’s just protecting his sister. Just like Ma-wang, he did what he had to do because of love. But he kind of betraying his friends. They trusted him and I’m both disappointed and sympathetic with his decisions.  And this is why the evil shape-shifter’s manipulation enraged me. She’s taking advantage of this weakness for her own benefit.

FULL: https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2018/02/15/k-drama-reaction-hwayugi-episode-14/

• Like 16

On 2/14/2018 at 3:23 PM, tweets said:

Are you sure?I was thinking his hands are a bit more gnarly looking... 

And no bracelet... :)

(I think it is SM's hand - probably while possessed by ASN)

I made a post about this on tumblr, but tldr I also think it's Lee Seung Gi's hand.

/goes back into hiding

• Like 16
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

I just releaized that all the demons SOG trusts have tried to harm JSM at some point with the exception of Sa Oh Jong (so far)

▪Ma Wang on several occasions (he's the main reason why she's Sam Jang in the first place but the worst one so far asking her to give her blood to ASN for his own benefit)

▪Secretary Ma tried to stab her (to help Ma Wang)

▪PK tired to feed her to Bu-ja when she was rotting in ep 10 (to save Bu-ja from disappearing)

▪ Now General Dong/ Summer Fairy helping Ah Sa-nyeo to switch souls with JSM (to save his sister's soul, explains why he so dedicated to helping that ghost girl who escaped from the bookseller find her older brother in ep 10)

Since JSM is his to protect they've all betrayed him at some point and nobody has paid with their life.

If he hasn't killed anyone yet cause of JSM I don't think he's gonna kill General Dong and his sister for what they've done.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am waiting for the long wooden table of Soo Bo Ri to be replaced with a solid metal unbreakable one... or it's useless? since OG will be able to break it anyway :D 

Lol, the table would need to be made of indestructible Geumgam, aka Vajra, same as Oh Gong's bracelet. :sweat_smile: 

Wonder what special power that table would have. Would it make all who sit at it faithful paper-pushers, have impeccable table manners, or would it enforce even tempers?

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

oh gong is not going to kill general winter i still have faith in their friendship . basically genaral winter is manipulated and pushed into a corner  by evil ASY . 

and after reading previous posts i’m sort of positive that it’s real jin sunmi in bed with oh gong . SOG was flipping out when ASY tried to flirt with him using buja’s body and just for using sunmi’s words about fated match . he won’t go so far as to have a bed scene with ( even an almost bed scene) with ah sanyoe, right? ??!

so like some one said it’s really 503 after dealing with ASY they are finally doing it. maybe after sunmi saying i love you to SOG . after both know about the death bell and how one of them have to be sacrificial lamb to stop doomsday . they are going to be together anyway . thay kind of sentiment will probably lead them to really spend the night together like oh gong wanted since their first kiss . in any scenario i want that bed scene dammit . they can’t just tease us like that leave us hanging with nothing . 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

Cha Seung Won Is Furious With Sung Ji Roo As Tensions Mount In “Hwayugi”

Cha-Seung-Won-1-1.jpg

Cha Seung Won is quite the angry demon in the upcoming episodes of “Hwayugi.”

The actor is currently starring in the drama as Woo Ma Wang, a gentlemanly demon working to become a deity for the last thousand years, and the CEO of Korea’s largest entertainment agency, Lucifer Entertainment.

Cha-Seung-Won2.jpg

In the previous episodes, after listening to Ah Sa Nyeo’s (played by Lee Se Young) suggestion to save the love of his life Na Chal Nyeo (played by Kim Ji Soo), Woo Ma Wang goes to Soo Bo Ri (played by Sung Ji Roo) to verify if it’s possible. When the elderly deity states, “Na Chal Nyeo is a woman who has committed a grave crime,” Woo Ma Wang breaks the table in half in rage. Afterwards, with the help of Jin Sun Mi (played by Oh Yeon Seo), he receives 88 of the 99 punishments his love must bear, and he slowly deteriorates.

Although Soo Bo Ri dissuaded Woo Ma Wang, he eventually aided the two in their quest to relieve Na Chal Nyeo of her punishments. He even fainted after taking one of the punishments himself. Thanks to his help, Na Chal Nyeo was able to finish her ninth reincarnation without suffering.

more https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/14/cha-seung-won-furious-sung-ji-roo-tensions-mount-hwayugi/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1