[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

27 minutes ago, kjesin said:

GUYS, He finally changed his desk. Not that long and easy to break in half one anymore. This one, they can't break it unless they come close XDDDDDDDD

:D:D everytime OG and MW came to see him, they always end up breaking his desk a half. Finally, he came to his senses to change his desk's design. But, the new one still looks quite long horizontally. I hope it won't end up broken in half horizontally again. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

Predictions always go wrong with this show and I can be wrong but I can't imagine SOG voluntarily hugging ASN in JSM's body and then pretending to be intimate with her on his JSM's bed.

For what reason would he pretend to be intimate with her? To trick her into letting her guard down? To make her unconscious so JSM can get back into her body? He can do that with a whack to her neck like he did with Mawang. Why would he go through such an elaborate plan when he can easily whack her to lose consciousness?

Untitled.gif

(I warned you guys, I will repost the GIF a lot.:ph34r:)

He looks more intense(trying to control his desire) than angry and devious in the above GIF.

On 2/14/2018 at 2:17 PM, stroppyse said:

ASN/SM: I dreamed a good dream, something I had wanted very much, I was able to find it.

OG: The incense burner, give it to me!

BJ: As promised, I’ve come to claim it back. (She still seems like ASN rather than BJ.)

MW: She was useful to me, that’s why I let her live.

OG: I have to have that incense burner in order to find my bride.

Frost: I also have to protect my sister’s soul.

OG: Right now, I’m very scared, having a hard time, and in danger. Where are you?

Just wanted to highlight this:

UoliVc5.png

BTW guys, since we are all divided over the bed scene being with ASN or JSM...how about a little game? I saw this in LUTYN thread and it looked like fun. The losers will have to change their avatar for a week into maybe PK with the nosebleed? And the winners will get to have SOG or his little adorable spy as the avatar?

Edit: The shorter preview has an unseen frame/scene of SOG.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

@YourHighness . i’m with you on this ( go ahead and post that gif as much as you want no one will complain)   ASY don’t do subtle . whenever she scores something ( in buja’s body) she always have this smug gloating look, like in those new stills where’s she’s wearing red . and owning oh gong is number one in her to do list . so i don’t think she will

look so sincere/ basically look like sunmi there. oh gong looks so hot and intense . he will only be like that with his would be bride . and he will never sleep with ASY when he calls sunmi as his bride . he’s really commited to her despite death bells.

and uri oh gongie is precious okay evil Asanyoe . keep you’r hands off . hope the ring oh gong gave to her is like ggg and he can really summon her when’s scared and in danger .

• Like 8

lack of oh yoen seo and otp bts is really strange . in any other kdrama main focus is on otp hugs and kiss bts .specially after the hot kiss last week .  in hwayugi main lead actress is nowhere . and bts is getting so repetative and stale . yeah we all love the bromance and adlibs but we have seen that for how many weeks now? give us something more . and we have only two weeks left . 

• Like 10

7 hours ago, GreeNNa said:

Raise your hand if you're all about the bromance!:lol:

https://twitter.com/Viki/status/963759757134766082

Oh Yeon Seo AND Honey Lee in Come Back, Mister for WOMANce :D

7 hours ago, haymochi said:

People are already complaining about the bts scene and still not single one for the main couple

i'm getting suspicious, are the otp too chummy to be shown  or do they slap/punch each other after the director shouts "CUT!!"

*kidding *

I wanna think they want to keep their *ahem* relationship under wraps but thats just wishful thinking. I NEED BTS PLEAAAASEEEE

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images/videos. Thanks.
  • Like 3
  • LOL 5

Agree she is kinda odd on 1st ep.

Remember when she just opened her umbrella towards her customers without even bother to greet or talk to them?

Not only Og heart became mellow but hers as well. They are each other soulmates but they are also each other weaknesses ..

in some way, they live a similar life

thinking of surviving for themselves but now what they scared the most is losing each other

• Like 19

8 minutes ago, kjesin said:

Character development?? Yes, there is some kind of a development. During the early episodes, she was a really odd and cold person. She had no one and she didn't smile much or talked much with other people unless it's necessary. You can see from the relationship she had with her one and only employee. Before, she didn't talk to HJ much and HJ didn't dare to talk to her either. Taking care of HJ's children. Asking him advice about marriage and many other things. These things happened only after she met OG. She's not as scary as before. She smiles a lot. She daydreams. She's starting to act like a normal woman in love. She acts cute for OG. Got jealous. Throw tantrum. More expressive. Becomes more cheery. And starts to open up more. She's not lonely anymore. She's happy. She's more human than ever. Because now she has OG. She has someone who is always by her side. Someone who protects her and she wants to protect. If that is not the best kind of development for her, I don't know what is.

I wanted to defend SM because I love her and OYS. She's doing a brilliant job as SM. No one else can replace her as JSM just like no one else can replace LSG as OG.

This drama with the best story line, the best OSTs, the best casts and the best characters, I don't know why it's getting more popular. This is better than Goblin or MDBC, 

Sorry to cut your post... Those two are the points that resonated with me. 

I totally agree that there is Character Development in JSM and OYS has done a perfect job showing the gradual development. She is an awesome actresses and I wished that she could receive more love....I saw this character development in her:she did allow herself to be more vulnerable in front of SOG. Noticed how she would deny her feelings before the bookseller episode? After that, she tried to share her vulnerabilities with SoG and in episode 14 she not only shared her vulnerabilities but put herself in a vulnerable situation by asking SOG to stayover...

The second the point made about this being better than Goblin..ai have No idea why koreans do not like this drama.. The writing is really thoughtful; who would have thought the one body two souls idea is a critical plot device!! 

Thanks for showing your love..

Let's spread the love :heart:

• Like 17

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

I know you will and I love you did. Keep reposting them wisely. Bwahahahaha

Oh.. I love the bet. I bet for SOG and JSM's reuniting reactivation. :lol: But nooo... I don't like to get any punishment. I don't want to change my profile. Oteokhae?? Gwaen-chanha?

LOL, don't worry, its too late for this game anyway. We should have started the game and taken bets as soon as the episode ended last week. Since we only have one day left, THANK GOD for that.:lol: Not many people will be able to participate. Maybe we can play this game for something else later on.

@kjesin I couldn't agree more with you. I guess Koreans are used to seeing candy heroines who are poor and helpless and bullied at work so they find independent, successful and savvy businesswoman JSM, boring?:rolleyes:

BTW, I was recommending Hwayugi to my friend so she would watch and while explaining the plot to her, I mentioned that the hero originally wanted to eat the heroine. And she replied with "In..a..goodway?" 

I admit, it took me a few seconds to understand what she meant. I almost slid out of the chair laughing. :lol: Everyone in the cafe looked at me like I was a lunatic.:lol:

For the innocents in this thread. She thought, this:

Untitled.gif

:lol::flushed::lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 15
  • Thanks 1

Guys. I had some thought.

I wondering, in Sunmi's office there are some photos of her when she was little, a photo with her grandma. The question is where is her parents photo ? The detail about her parents a little bit blurry for me and she also did not mentioned any in the drama. Am I the only one think of that ?

I just think that it might be possible that Sunmi is Mawang and Iron Fan child.

What say you guys ?

Edited by deanne3004
  • Like 13

@deanne3004 mawang’s child is a boy and reborn everylife time wth nachanyeo to be killed . so no samjang is not their kid . but i wonder whats the deal with sunmi’s monk

ancestry ? i want them to come and save her and guide her .or anyone really . we have only 3 weeks left and samjang most of have the least idea about doomsday and how to prevent it .  she needs guidance and power to save the world. heaven need to do something about that . 

and one of my twitter mutuals shared this awesome fan video in bilibili.com they have the best hwayugi fanvids i’ve seen so far . if anyone is having a hard time waiting till saturday can check it out . 

https://m.bilibili.com/video/av19610717.html

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2