[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

Judging from the preview, OG knew immediately that is ASN n not JSM when they hug as the way he smile is different.  

He told MW about it and probably thats when MW said he cant kill ASN yet because she is still useful. Then OG find WG to get back the census trying to save his bride (he says JSM is his bride!)

Sigh, so disappointed with WG! But still hope he will try to find a way to help OG & SM!

But im not sure why ASN soul is still in BJ body :(. or has BJ changed into an evil spirit?

Its only Wednesdayyyy. oh goshhhh. 4 more days to go!!

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

[...]

@Zelda as explained before, we were told that samjang is a punishment for JSM for releasing SOG from that marble mountain. So, I believe the power entitled to her soul, that is JSM. I wonder as well as some people how this souls can be differed. Like in ep of book demon, she took the child SM/SJ but not the adult SM. And I'm not sure how these soul swapping rule this time, :wink: 

Ahhhh... I get confused more and more. Lol

@stargazer187 Thank you for talking about this with me, but I'm confused. ^^;  Are you responding to the post about the blood and ki or the one I wrote about the death fate?

Yes, Sam Jang is a punishment given to Sun Mi, but that seems to me to be clearly separate from her actual soul, or else Asa Nyeo wouldn't have been able to take it the way she did.  Also, the characters (Ma Wang and Asa Nyeo) themselves are talking about changing ki in episode 14.

Edited by Zelda
  • Like 4

Have you seen??? This crazy chemistry between OYS and LSG?? 

The way that they are laying, the angle of the camera :love:

This scene is similar with scene in the first episode when he drew her to himself and realized that she's SJ 

Their chemistry in the first episodes was sooo hot

• Like 12

The text preview is out actually:

1. ASN appears in front of OG in Samjang's body

2. OG knows and try to deceive her by going along with the wedding plan. 

3. ASN knows that OG planned  to kill her so she used  Samjang's body to provoke him

4. As i said  before Mawang forbid OG to kill ASN (he still needs her)*frustrated mode on*

5. OG tried to find GF and asks for the incense burner but GF refused cos he needs  it to save his sister soul 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 10

OMG OMG OMG

oh Gong definitely will realize that she is ASY. I think he will play along with her trick while trying to find out where the censer (is that thing name censer?) is. I also think that ASY won't reside in SM's body for too long because we clearly still see BuJa as ASY. 

For the bed scene, I really really really hope it was SM and OG. But, strangely, I don't really mind if it was OG and ASY as long as it will be LSG and OYS. :tongue::tongue: I think I'm going crazy of their chemistry.

As for General Frost, I understand that he wanted to safe his sister soul from ASY's threat but, can't you tell that matter to Oh Gong first before you put SM in danger? It's kinda disappointing to know that he only saw SM as mere human and decided to be part of ASY's plan so fast. Maybe Summer Fairy will help OG to find the censer because she is close to SM.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zelda said:

@stargazer187 the one that @Badriyah posted now has ENG CC subs! Thank you, Badriyah!:heart:

Edit: @sadpluto Thank you too! That bedscene does not match the voice over, I think. It looks like the same outfits -sans Oh Gong's jacket- as at the beginning of the preview when Sun Mi and Oh Gong hug.

Yes, I just noticed that after watching that gif for the millionth time. That chemistry though. :flushed: *fans herself* 

@stargazer187Hopefully, it's a scene from ep 16, after JSM is back in her body and they're trying to "reactivate" the GGG again. Kisses won't do anymore since there are two GGGs now. :wub::wub:

• LOL 9

11 minutes ago, haymochi said:

The text preview is out actually:

1. ASN appears in front of OG in Samjang's body

2. OG knows and try to deceive her by going along with the wedding plan. 

3. ASN knows that OG planned  to kill her so she used  Samjang's body to provoke him

4. As i said  before Mawang forbid OG to kill ASN (he still needs her)*frustrated mode on*

5. OG tried to find GF and asks for the incense burner but GF refused cos he needs  it to save his sister soul 

Thank you for translating!! Ooooooooo GF why are u being like that :(!!!

i saw the chi translation of the text preview, n the last part says: “in order to separate the soul of summer fairy who is residing in GF’s body, OG  starts to awaken/call summer fairy”

is that why there will be a special appearance of summer fairy in ep15/16? 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Never thought that PD-Nim will make our JSM wearing different style of clothes, time for Versace Oh Yeon Seo:)

But that Bed Scene ...?? Geu rol li ga yo! :bawling::bawling:

I imagine that JSM awakes and sees SOG almost kiss her in bed and shout: "Yaaa, pervert Son Oh Gong, Nuh Micheossuh?".

Then..SLAPS!!

• LOL 12

EDIT: Oops, we posted at the same time. Hang on. I'm going to read your post now. :wink: 

========

@stargazer187 Thank you! Our conversation got me curious, and this is the sort of stuff I love to look into, so I double checked ep 14 again. :)

Asa Nyeo is capable of manipulating souls (yeonghon 영혼 靈魂) with her rose petals and censer. However, with the censer she is also capable of exchanging ki (기 氣) and of creating a place that connects the dreams (kkum 꿈 夢) between two souls.

ep14_5.png

"She said she could manipulate yeonghon."

ep14_1.png

"Now, the ki of Sam Jang and me will slowly switch."

ep14_2.png

"This is a place which connects your kkum and mine."

Spoiler

ep14_3.png

Btw, am I weird that the linguistic side of me thinks it very fitting that ki and pi (blood 피) rhyme, since they flow together in this show?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

The preview make me going crazy, seriously the bed scene really gonna happen, still hope the bed scene is between OG and SM not OG with ASN. Looks like the prediction that OG will beat up WG gonna comes true too and SM wakes up after OG desperately calling her. Anyway the great chemistry of LSG and OYS really can't stop amazed me, wow, their eyes in the bed scene really❤️❤️❤️❤️

Anyway why Buja and SM body both driven by ASN? *Confused. This is out of prediction*

Edited by dvrels
Adding comment
  • Like 4

I'm sure that bed scene is ASN soul  finally waking up after entering Sunmi's body

our lovesick monkey must have continued waiting by her side everyday... 

He just hugged her cos he is pretending .

can't wait how ASN is goinf to provoke OG with Sunmi's body..hmmm

i thought with ASN finally obtaning samjang's body, Buja will  finally come back.  

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

[...]

Sorry, I forgot to quote the post with my comment. Yes, I respond to your death bell/fate post. I'm trying to make it 'logical' and conclude that the death bell fate tied to the whole part of JSM soul (child JSM/adult JSM). I mean, there will be no samjang if there is no JSM. Okay am I making you more confused? 

I just adding my own thoughts, how can the soul be taken partly or fully. Okay this is getting more confusing. Hahaha

Anyway.. since ASN knows the death bell and managed to possessed JSM, thus, the ill-fated prophecy will come true? It is clear why one or the other has to kill & to be killed. Maybe OG has to kill her because of ASN. Of course he won't do it. But if he can't kick her out from her body and she keeps becoming more evil and create more evil things in the future, probably be the one who cause the apocalypse. He has to kill her. 

Um, I am not sure that I am understanding everything, so if my answer seems wrong please excuse me.

Did you already get a chance to read the other post I wrote, which has a section at the end about blood and ki? I'm asking because I want to make sure we are talking while understanding each other's starting points.

My argument in the blood-and-ki post and subsequent posts is that with recent episodes they seem to be showing us that "Sam Jang" is ki, a special type of energy, as well as a fate, but not part of Sun Mi's inner soul. That is why the powers/ki can be taken by someone else.

So, with that opinion, and because I agree that the death fate is tied to Sun Mi's soul, I do not think that Asa Nyeo has taken over the death fate when she took the Sam Jang ki, though I do believe that Asa Nyeo will be vanquished anyway.

I need to stop and go to sleep now, but I would love to continue this conversation the next time I come online. Thanks for talking things through with me!

• Like 5

Another translation of the preview.

ASN/SM: I dreamed a good dream, something I had wanted very much, I was able to find it.

OG: The incense burner, give it to me!

BJ: As promised, I’ve come to claim it back. (She still seems like ASN rather than BJ.)

MW: She was useful to me, that’s why I let her live.

OG: I have to have that incense burner in order to find my bride.

Frost: I also have to protect my sister’s soul.

OG: Right now, I’m very scared, having a hard time, and in danger. Where are you?

First off, as I had thought, our Monkey King is not fooled by ASN in SM’s body, and he is still in love with SM, and not just her body. Awww. 

Second, if ASN is in SM’s body, then what is going on with BJ’s body?

And finally, when OG had put the ring on SM’s finger, he had called it her GGG to wear. He’s invoking it now in that last line of the preview. It will be so great, if it is his callout to her that wakes SM up to fight for what she wants, and fight the heavens if she has to.

But who is in SM’s body in the bed scene? I think that is either SM returned to her body, or a trap that OG sets for ASN. Since OG knows that it’s not SM in her own body, and given how he feels about SM, I don’t think that OG is going to go along with anything else.

Can I say how I love the pain and desperateness that Seung Gi is portraying?

Our fearless fallen monkey deity is now in fear and pleading human Jin Sun Mi to save him. What a reversal of roles and from just the preview I can feel OhGong’s feelings through his eyes.

• Like 19

Thanks for the preview and the translations!

These previews had always managed to fool us somehow and it goes to show how clever the team is. They give us enough to drive us nuts and agonize over the next few days.

I feel like Mawang with SJM’s drop of blood in me after watching the preview 

hwayugi06-00695.jpg

• LOL 13
  • Thanks 1

Can't agree more

we can never guess anything from the preview that's why i don't want to put any expectation or whatever

I was so excited thinking today is Thursday cos last week the preview came out on Thursday too.

The horror realizing that tomorrow isn't TGIF :cry::frown:

• Like 3
  • LOL 7