[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

58 minutes ago, juzluvpink said:

Can I say how I love the pain and desperateness that Seung Gi is portraying?

Our fearless fallen monkey deity is now in fear and pleading human Jin Sun Mi to save him. What a reversal of roles and from just the preview I can feel OhGong’s feelings through his eyes.

LSG is just amazing, and he’s so much more attractive now that he’s back from his military service. The vulnerability that was hinted at beneath OG’s monkey bravado and braggadicio is now laid bare and open, as he expresses his need and fear for SM.

31 minutes ago, aprilx said:

Thanks for the preview and the translations!

These previews had always managed to fool us somehow and it goes to show how clever the team is. They give us enough to drive us nuts and agonize over the next few days.

I feel like Mawang with SJM’s drop of blood in me after watching the preview 

True that the previews have fooled us before. That’s why, even though I think the ASN arc will last a lot longer, I’m cautiously hopeful that SM will make an appearance before too long to lay claim to her immortal monkey king. And, if it’s then followed finally by a bed scene, I won’t protest too much. :D 

I made this MV Full of Feels, and when I watched it myself, I feel the Feels. I'm sharing here so that you guys can feel the Feels too. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

This song perfectly describes OG's feelings for SM  :heart:

SM/ASN: I had a good dream, that I got something I've wanted so much.
OG: Give me the incense-burner.
ASN: I came to find it as I promised.
MW: I'm saving her because she's still useful to me.
OG: Only if I have that incense-burner, I can find my bride.
GF: I too have to protect my sister's soul.
OG: Right now, I'm very scared, tired and dangerous. Where are you?

I decided to post my translations too because it's quite different from the previous two. I feel like when OG said dangerous, it's not that he's in danger but that he's becoming dangerous as in burning down the world dangerous. But we'll only find out what he actually means this Friday...

Also, OMG THAT BED SCENE I NEED IT TO BE BETWEEN SM AND OG AND I NEED IT NOW.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 11

@kjesin love your mv. It gives me al the feels

i can understand OG feelings.

while i was watching the scene when OG confronted Patriarch about the death bell i got so riled up, Heaven in this drama is petty and unreasonable 

OG:"If we have this kind of fate, why put this GGG on me to protect her?"

P: "Samjang  summon is very important for this world, a sacrificial is needed"

wth???!!!!!!!!!! So samjang mission is just to be put in danger saving the world and then be a sacrificial lamb to seal the gate of hell ??!!!

i know she is just a kind human who loves the world despite the not so welcoming human but if i were her i would have joined OG in rebeling towards heaven. 

• Like 11

Watch: Lee Seung Gi And Cha Seung Won Can’t Stop Laughing On The Set Of “Hwayugi”

Cha-Seung-Won-Lee-Seung-Gi.jpg

tvN’s “Hwayugi” has shared a new making video that shows Lee Seung Gi and Cha Seung Won filling the set with their laughter as they enjoy working together.

The video first begins with Cha Seung Won preparing for his next scene while munching on a snack. It’s then that Lee Seung Gi walks in and Cha Seung Won hurriedly walks towards him with his snack still in his hand. Lee Seung Gi can’t help but burst into laughter whenever he looks at Cha Seung Won’s face, which is probably explained by the senior actor’s hilarious ad-libs that have everyone laughing.

n a different scene, Lee Seung Gi is delivering lines when he messes up. Again, Cha Seung Won has the cast and crew laughing when he ad-libs, “Are you crying?” at Lee Seung Gi.

more https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/14/watch-lee-seung-gi-cha-seung-won-cant-stop-laughing-working-together-hwayugi/

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

Seen the preview. The price of betrayal is too much, the siblings will turn to ashes. 

On the hand, ASN wants the stone casket physically. Two scenarios are playing in my mind. First, she want to destroy it because that is the only tool that can be use to seal her soul, second she need it to seal SM soul since the stone coffin SM’s lying is just an illusion.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, deanne3004 said:

i think that during the bed scene, it is not really Oh Gong. Maybe his 80,90 you know the minion monkeys :wink:

oh God ... i love this Idea . :D

guess that would be so funny to see ASN Reaction and her disappointed face <_<

• Like 5

Hi all! First time posting here (I think)... I started late and only managed to catch up last week.

Anyhow, my guess for the preview:

- hug was between real JSM and SOG. It is after JSM was saved/break free from the dream but she still has traces of ASN's ki in her that we see a less-shy JSM on the bed. So yeah, it's SOG and JSM making out :D The voiceover of SOG is meant to throw us off. 

- ASN was ousted from JSM body and returned to BJ to claim the physical coffin from KDJ (probably towards end of episode). That is the purpose MW still keep her as he informed SOG. In that scene, they were all facing seated BJ (guessing from hair). And MW isn't wearing glasses anymore, thus regained eyesight. Whereas during SOG face off with WG to get the incense burner, MW was still wearing glasses. 

OR.... BJ claiming the coffin was a flashback, before she blackmailed JSM to go into it. 

That's my best guess :wink: 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Untitled.gif&key=93b3161da3eb57a0feedcf2

Man, that is HOT! Is it Saturday yet?:wink::wub:

On a serious note, can SOG even FAKE being like this with ASN in SM's body? He recoils whenever she tries to come near him or touch him lightly. This seems totally impossible with her and doesn't it look like it would be going too far? Such umm..positions don't happen without kisses and I don't think our Monkey King would kiss ASN in any form.

Can we hope its our real JSM? After she comes back? :wink: Because after going through fear, desperation and heartbreak, he deserves some make out sessions and hopefully a bed scene. :flushed:

• Like 15
  • LOL 3

4 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Hi all! First time posting here (I think)... I started late and only managed to catch up last week.

Anyhow, my guess for the preview:

- hug was between real JSM and SOG. It is after JSM was saved/break free from the dream but she still has traces of ASN's ki in her that we see a less-shy JSM on the bed. So yeah, it's SOG and JSM making out :D The voiceover of SOG is meant to throw us off. 

- ASN was ousted from JSM body and returned to BJ to claim the physical coffin from KDJ (probably towards end of episode). That is the purpose MW still keep her as he informed SOG. In that scene, they were all facing seated BJ (guessing from hair). And MW isn't wearing glasses anymore, thus regained eyesight. Whereas during SOG face off with WG to get the incense burner, MW was still wearing glasses. 

OR.... BJ claiming the coffin was a flashback, before she blackmailed JSM to go into it. 

That's my best guess :wink: 

Did you say that the scenes for the preview were not arranged properly ? If yes, woahhh you really read my mind :0

Plus, I dont see any relevance for Oh Gong have bed scene with that Asanyeo richard simmons. Ughhh

• Like 3

Isnt there a new contract between SOG and JSM? So if SOG calls her or wants her to be by her side, she has to come? I think because she is SamJang such contracts also binding so she has to come back to his side? 

As for the bed scene, I think SOG wants to show her, even she has his body, his real feelings are beyond GGG and his heart belongs to the real JSM.

Finally it is getting more serious and interesting. Somehow MW get on my nerves the last episodes. His selfisness is really annoying.

I hope the ASN will be closed in the next episodes so that we see how BuJa confronts her mom and why SOG was punished. And whats the real meaning behind the death bell? I really don't think its a sad omen or destiny. Heaven can't be so cruel to a girl who had to live a life alone and dies or kills by his only loved one.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Man, that is HOT! Is it Saturday yet?:wink::wub:

On a serious note, can SOG even FAKE being like this with ASN in SM's body? He recoils whenever she tries to come near him or touch him lightly. This seems totally impossible with her and doesn't it look like it would be going too far? Such umm..positions don't happen without kisses and I don't think our Monkey King would kiss ASN in any form.

Can we hope its our real JSM? After she comes back? :wink: Because after going through fear, desperation and heartbreak, he deserves some make out sessions and hopefully a bed scene. :flushed:

Thank you for the gif. :wub: Now, I'm just gonna stare at it till Saturday Night. :smirk:

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

21 minutes ago, kjesin said:

Thank you for the gif. :wub: Now, I'm just gonna stare at it till Saturday Night. :smirk:

So am I ^_^ But it's not my gif. @incoty shared it a few pages ago. :D

Something else I noticed. Look at Buja's nails. Dark red. ASN style.

bcRwli4.jpg

Which means, (Yes, I am going to share this GIF every chance I get and stare at it..for science..what?!)

Untitled.gif

This can actually be JSM. Look at her nails, plain, unpainted.

I don't think ASN will get to be JSM for long.

Which brings me to: WHY is MW stopping ASN from being killed? Don't tell me he made a contract with her too!? Seriously, this bull. <_<

• Like 11
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, deanne3004 said:

Did you say that the scenes for the preview were not arranged properly ? If yes, woahhh you really read my mind :0

Plus, I dont see any relevance for Oh Gong have bed scene with that Asanyeo richard simmons. Ughhh

Preview scenes are never in order. And the voiceover is often not matching the scene...

• Like 6

Whoah that is indeed a lot for preview. You people has laser eyes and can guess how the story goes within seconds of scenes. 

I really dont know what to think after seeing that preview. I think, in a way, ASN managed to use JSM's body and that OG will go through Frosty to get JSM back.

Other than that...I dont know. They might jumble the scenes to make it more puzzling. I  guess I will wait for the real ep.

It seems like they will have OYS wearing other color than black this week. What a relieve! I think bright colors work very well for OYS's complexion.

It may not matter for the monkey though. I think he is the kind of guy who would see through souls rather than form. So even if JSM becomes a tree, he would still love her the same.

• Like 7
  • LOL 8

11 hours ago, Zelda said:

I seem to remember they showed us a flashback already of the real Asa Nyeo being covered by the coffin's lid -she had her eyes covered by a white blindfold, but her jawline was different from Sun Mi's-. Does anybody remember which episode and what scene that flashback occurred in?

It is in the beginning of Ep. 13 when ASN "captures" Chil Gong :)

8 hours ago, maddymappo said:

Jonathan - his character must have more meaning.  I don't think they brought him into the story to just be a pathetic guy seeking out his first childhood love.  Just like Bg - has been given more importance, I think we have't seen the last of him........although I agree its enough already!    Perhaps, he will be possessed by a demon, or is a demon.  Or, perhaps there will be soul switch between him and OG?   OG will become human to live out a mortal life with SM?   There must be a nexus, more of a reason the writer brought him into the story.  After all OG never showed much concern about Jonathon as a realistic rival.

I agree that Jonathan was never a realistic rival.  He did give her a necklace before he left, I think she said it reminded her of "love" death bell.  I wonder if that will be significant or just PPL..................

7 hours ago, stargazer187 said:
7 hours ago, haymochi said:

I hate frosty too!! And summer fairy ha too!! They're just like the other evil!! Hate hate hate these siblings!!!!

I think somehow SF will talk WF into letting her go and will help in returning SM to herself. Personally, I don't think this SOG will exact "death" revenge on the fairies as he has grown much more empathetic and compassionate.  However, I do think that they might have to sacrifice themselves in order to bring back SM.  

Since I think that ASN is integral to starting the apocalypse, so I can see her returning to BJ's body once she is kicked out of SM.  Unless she starts things in motion before SM's return.......

What I don't get about the "heavenly realm" is that they seem to only be manipulating SOG and SM/SJ and letting the rest of world got to "hell".  Why can't they just stop the apocalyptic events from being set in motion?  I'm really anticipating finding out the real motive in their actions.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Watching random clips from ep 3 where OG just started wearing the GGG. Man our OG has come so far. He went from shouting (with lots of vengeance) at her on how deep he has fallen in love with her and suggesting for the bracelet to be taken off.. to now refusing to take off the bracelet on his own free will. 

One thing hasn’t changed though. And that is his eagerness to kiss our dear JSM at every possible opportunity. Haha! 

• Like 7
  • LOL 11