Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

2 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Let me give some answers

#2 since her brain is rotting, that is why. 

#3 I guess since no one tell her yet. She thought that saeryong is aeryong. But later she'll find it out.

#4 ohhh!! same here I watch MITH as well!! He is so SOG here! I love LSG more and more. Lol

have you guys not watched 1n2d? he was always cheeky in a subtle nice way

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

Finally i have finish watching ep11 & 12 with subs! The ending of ep11 is really heart wrenching, i felt as if there were strings of spikes around my heart just like SOG. & I like it when SOG still cares of SJ even though he was badly hurt by her, trying to protect her from any harm. They should have more couple moments together!!

About the tree demon, i dont think it is evil, in fact it helps to keep the shaman in the coffin for a thousand years but sadly it is woken by SJ blood.

Overall, I'd prefer ep11 over 12, as there's happiness, sadness, anger all combine together. Although there are funny moments in ep12 like SOG & MW bickering, but i didnt like that MW is always using SJ & SOG to help him rake up points. I also find it quite repetitive for MW to keep chancing upon the love of his life yet he cant do anything to help her.

Regarding SOG being possessed, Im not sure if he do it deliberately to make the priestess show herself or otherwise. Before that he already know that the priestess is after SJ after chatting with summer fairy, yet at Sureumdong, seems like he is asking what the priestess want on purpose. & I'm thinking if in next ep, will SJ calls out to SOG even though MW stop her?

Anyway there is one part i don't understand, the part where MW push the bad guy down the elevator. Is there any link to the story? Or just another way to get points because the bad guy is harming many innocent people? 

And i grew to like SOG a lot! He always bicker with MW but still want to tag along wherever he goes, just like a kid :D & the way he protects SJ, its enough to make me melt. :wub: And to those haters comment saying why would an adult fall in love with a monkey. Imagine you grew up in a world where everyone hates you because of your ability, and no one to protect you for the pass 30+ years. Of course your heart will melt having meet the Great Sage who protects here in every way he could!

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, candiilicious said:

Finally i have finish watching ep11 & 12 with subs! The ending of ep11 is really heart wrenching, i felt as if there were strings of spikes around my heart just like SOG. & I like it when SOG still cares of SJ even though he was badly hurt by her, trying to protect her from any harm. They should have more couple moments together!!

About the tree demon, i dont think it is evil, in fact it helps to keep the shaman in the coffin for a thousand years but sadly it is woken by SJ blood.

Overall, I'd prefer ep11 over 12, as there's happiness, sadness, anger all combine together. Although there are funny moments in ep12 like SOG & MW bickering, but i didnt like that MW is always using SJ & SOG to help him rake up points. I also find it quite repetitive for MW to keep chancing upon the love of his life yet he cant do anything to help her.

Regarding SOG being possessed, Im not sure if he do it deliberately to make the priestess show herself or otherwise. Before that he already know that the priestess is after SJ after chatting with summer fairy, yet at Sureumdong, seems like he is asking what the priestess want on purpose. & I'm thinking if in next ep, will SJ calls out to SOG even though MW stop her?

Anyway there is one part i don't understand, the part where MW push the bad guy down the elevator. Is there any link to the story? Or just another way to get points because the bad guy is harming many innocent people? 

And i grew to like SOG a lot! He always bicker with MW but still want to tag along wherever he goes, just like a kid :D & the way he protects SJ, its enough to make me melt. :wub: And to those haters comment saying why would an adult fall in love with a monkey. Imagine you grew up in a world where everyone hates you because of your ability, and no one to protect you for the pass 30+ years. Of course your heart will melt having meet the Great Sage who protects here in every way he could!

The patriarch (who's a diety) went up to heaven, so MW is his "substitute".  Hence, MW doling out divine retribution without losing any "points".  

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, aunniek said:

The patriarch (who's a diety) went up to heaven, so MW is his "substitute".  Hence, MW doling out divine retribution without losing any "points".  

Ahh, icic. Thanks for clearing my doubt!

• Like 1

I haven’t finish back reading but there’s this issue that caught my attention, what kind of chemistry are they looking, the drama doesn’t revolve with OG and SM alone. The title speaks for itself. ODYSSEY mean journey, so we should expect a different event each time. About OYS, she’s not my bias but the female lead is awesome in terms of acting, their kiss scenes is good and nice. I watched that clip in YouTube countless of times ( because I wanted to peek on LSG    :D ) and read the comments, many are excited and complaining about the angle, comments like so much of chemistry and the likes. OYS is kinda reserved in her kisses because she’s portraying the innocent SM (that is why I’m not expecting lock lips here, at least we saw lips movement. One of my fav actress in Korea is sucks in kiss scene, but in her last drama, she improved). 

Now, no platform can measure how people would like/love one drama, a blog is one people’s opinion and us, we also do have our on opinion. It is just varies.

• Like 11

7 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Feeling sad for BJ. And am I the only one who glad that the priestess eat those two men as her offerings. They deserved it! They're not human as well as that jerk politician.

I miss the OTP moments here!! Sighh.. I hope no separation or triangle tropes here. One wish I had, I want the writers would give SM such a powerful power as the twist which make her not as weak as she is now. I want her to fight back and protect herself for once with her own.  

P.S.

did someone notice that the bracelet emerge some dark powers when it tightened OG's heart?? Does that because of he didn't obey her command or what? But he stops right away and it starts to hurt his heart like that. It should stop him before that anyway. Does this mean he forcefully gets back to his sense, I mean controlling his anger because of SM's calling him? His red eyes flash off and got hurt still. Why?

I was not sad that the priestess ate those two men. They were two guys who knowingly did dirty deeds for the politician who I also don't like. However, I do feel bad for BJ for being possessed, though I'm hoping that when she is returned to her senses, she has bought a little more time, so that she can find her mother, and say goodbye properly to PK, or perhaps that she won't be a zombie any more?

It would be interesting to have SM have a power, but that would be completely outside the canon in that SM is the one completely human figure in the story's leading characters albeit her gift is to be able to see beings from the spirit world. Rather, SM is supposed to use her humanity as her power, if you will. So, it would be bizarre to have SM all of a sudden develop a super power. However, I would hope that SM now having accepted her gift and her fate, will use her brains a bit more to put clues together better, even if the immortals are withholding information from her. And, that would affect her ability to fight back in a more intelligent manner rather than stand there and wait for someone else to take care of things.

The bracelet tightening when SM said to stop. I thought this was because OG didn't want to stop despite SM telling him to stop, and the fervency of SM's wish for him to stop clashed horribly with the fervency of his own desire to demolish the two men, and OG has to force himself to comply with SM's wishes anyway. So, he is hurt to force compulsion of his actions. That's what I thought anyway. Perhaps the drama will show something else in explanation in a future episode.

I miss the OTP interactions as well. I think OG and SM are fine as a couple falling for each other despite a contract arrangement. Now that SM has accepted things and is more comfortable with herself, it would be nice, though if she is shown to be discovering more about herself and gaining some more confidence in herself as a person and a woman. So, if she wanted to wear prettier clothes, for instance, rather than the sober clothes that she had been wearing, I think it would be nice. I'm not sure who would advise her on a makeover, though.

• Like 19

Does OG have to obey SM's commands?  I don't get that. Also didn't he make a pact with her that he had to appear anyway if she called his name? Then he erased his name from her memory. But that has nothing to do with the bracelet - that is separate issue. I just thought the bracelet means he just cannot hurt her heart, and had to come to help her because he loves her so much. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, haymochi said:

Rain, Joowon, and Park Hae jin fans are really nice  to her. True..their chinese fans are really supportive of her. 

These 3 actorsalso said she is the most comfortable actress to work with

Even Janghyuk fans start to adore her after SOG. as well . They even want to create a dcgall for her. I remember she was so bubbly in every bts 

while in this drama....

i don't know why tvn never want to show her bts? I saw some comments  on Naver asking why there is never a bts/ making clips for Samjang... 

Lee Seung Gi pairing with Oh Yeon seo is actually my most favourite coupling but i really hate the hates she got from it

At least, in CITT i know that the team really appreciate her, sending her a food truck during MSG,

saying nice things about her in their instagram...but here in hwayugi she is ignored in her own drama,

no official poster with LSG, no bts, her screentime...

I also think it's weird that we never see her own bts even when there is one,

the camera is hiding her face (wedding) WHY???

I know YG want their own actor to shine but why the lead actress is ignored? 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, maddymappo said:

Does OG have to obey SM's commands?  I don't get that. Also didn't he make a pact with her that he had to appear anyway if she called his name? Then he erased his name from her memory. But that has nothing to do with the bracelet - that is separate issue. I just thought the bracelet means he just cannot hurt her heart, and had to come to help her because he loves her so much. 

@stargazer187 Yes, he has to follow her orders. The GGG is there to control him. That's why SOG said that if she wanted, she could kill him. She has power over him. But she had to stop him as he was about to commit a sin, killing humans. He wants his punishment and exile to be lifted hence he can not overlook this rule. Moreover this bracelet is used to train him: make him a better god. He is definitely too emotional and hot-tempered. 

The GGG is different from the usual ones: it controls his heart, whereas the others are supposed to control the brain. Since his heart is out of stone, the GGG is there to soften his heart. That's why it was said that the bracelet made him fall in love with her. Yet we know that he was feeling something for SM before he received the GGG hence both questioned the nature of his love for her: true love or fake love created by the GGG?  The bracelet has been put on SOG as SM had been told that SOG would never be able to hurt her (eat her). Before, he wanted to eat her with the 7 different sauces.

Besides, he gave her memory back so that she could call him as soon as she had left the world (demon with 7 brides). The contract he made with her is still active. Hence in my opinion, she is now double protected by SOG: the contract with SM and the GGG.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

After watching ep 12 I feel like Ah Sa Nyeo is the big bad that's going to cause the war that SJ saw in her vision. If she was just another easily defeatable villain, I don't think Soo Bo Ri would have to go to heaven to consult on what to do. I feel like in the next episode, Oh Gong is going to break her spell causing her serious injury. She's then probably going to go into hiding to recuperate while the rest of the gang think she is dead. The gang will then just continue on their journey of growth defeating one baddy at a time until, Ah Sa Nyeo comes back in the last arc, possibly having bewitched that creepy politician. What do you guys think?

• Like 19

11 minutes ago, sadpluto said:

After watching ep 12 I feel like Ah Sa Nyeo is the big bad that's going to cause the war that SJ saw in her vision. If she was just another easily defeatable villain, I don't think Soo Bo Ri would have to go to heaven to consult on what to do. I feel like in the next episode, Oh Gong is going to break her spell causing her serious injury. She's then probably going to go into hiding to recuperate while the rest of the gang think she is dead. The gang will then just continue on their journey of growth defeating one baddy at a time until, Ah Sa Nyeo comes back in the last arc, possibly having bewitched that creepy politician. What do you guys think?

Im sold! That’s a good possible scenario. We’ll see how it pans out. I actually considered that the human who betrayed SOG could be JSM herself (possible time jump. So technically SOG wouldn’t kill her). However, I liked your scenario much better. 

FYI - viki’s having a giveaway for the show.. I think only for the U.S tho. 

• Like 6

On 03/02/2018 at 3:13 AM, bebebisous33 said:

@stroppyse Since many are fearing for the ending, some don't want a similar ending to Goblin, I have been thinking about SM/SJ and OG a lot. First of all, the title "Korean Odyssey" gives us a clue about it. Odyssey is a reference to the famous Greek poem, where Odysseus or Ulysses had been condemned by Poseidon to wander the sea for 10 years because he had blinded the Cyclops Polyphemus, a son of the sea god Poseidon. He was unable to go home for so long and during this exile, he met a lot of supernatural creatures who were dangerous to him and his crew, like f. ex. Calypso. The latter kept him for 7 years on her island  against his will as she wanted him to become her husband. In other words, he was a captive on her island.

I hve been thinking a lot about The Odyssey too (and mentioned it here once) so happy to have read your post a few days back @bebebisous33. It took me a while to answer as I have yet to see episode 12... I was going to wait till I see both episodes but I have been taking my time so that I don't get too stressed with that annoying ending :tongue:

One aspect I would add to your already excellent post is that Ulysses (Or Odysseus) refused Calypso's gift so to speak, that is immortality. By staying with her, he would have become immortal. And yet he chose to remain human, thus mortal, and returned to Penelope. So the whole mortal/immortal dilemma is certainly there.

Also, the whole seduction by possessed Buja made me think of the episode in The Odyssey with the sirens. So perhaps, like Ulysses, OG protected himself? Perhaps the GGG is his protection? Anyway, I won't add more because I first need to wtahc episode 12...

• Like 6

7 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

have you guys not watched 1n2d? he was always cheeky in a subtle nice way

Not yet. Is he in there too? I'll go where he goes then... lol

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Not yet. Is he in there too? I'll go where he goes then... lol

Season 1. I watched quite a few episodes and he is very likeable there. Totally understand how he became so popular back then.

All the episodes are on Youtube; on KBS's channel too so easy access.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Badriyah said:

NEW BTS

I'm glad for new bts but, where is our OTP!!?!?!??!? we want more of LSG and OYS!!

• Like 7

OYS is nowhere to be found in the latest bts. Maybe the (new?) BTS PD is her anti. :angry: 

She's the MAIN female lead. Her character is bigger than Bull Demon King. She deserves better.

I want OTP bts more than bromance

• Like 13

31 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

I'm glad for new bts but, where is our OTP!!?!?!??!? we want more of LSG and OYS!!

I'm so upset as well. LSG and CSW even said they are worried about OYS because she is working super hard at the set

but i don't think this production team values her as an actress/ female lead at all:angry:

Ep 13 text preview

천 년 전 혼례를 치르기 직전, 억울하게 죽임을 당했던 아사녀를 빨리 성불시키기 위해 오공을 장가보내자며 선미를 설득하는 우마왕. 그러나 오공의 혼례가 당연시되는 분위기에 토라진 선미에게 오공은 영원히 깰 수 없는 계약인 '결혼'을 하자는 진심 어린 프러포즈를 한다. 한편, 아사녀는 오공을 갖기 위해 우마왕에게 접근하는데...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, jinsunmi said:

At least, in CITT i know that the team really appreciate her, sending her a food truck during MSG,

saying nice things about her in their instagram...but here in hwayugi she is ignored in her own drama,

no official poster with LSG, no bts, her screentime...

I also think it's weird that we never see her own bts even when there is one,

the camera is hiding her face (wedding) WHY???

I know YG want their own actor to shine but why the lead actress is ignored? 

I know. If they want to change the female lead please do so... i'm so tired with this berserk 

In CITT, OYS is really close with Dara and Park Hae Jin 

• Like 8