[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

2 hours ago, maddymappo said:

Does OG have to obey SM's commands?  I don't get that. Also didn't he make a pact with her that he had to appear anyway if she called his name? Then he erased his name from her memory. But that has nothing to do with the bracelet - that is separate issue. I just thought the bracelet means he just cannot hurt her heart, and had to come to help her because he loves her so much. 

@stargazer187 Yes, he has to follow her orders. The GGG is there to control him. That's why SOG said that if she wanted, she could kill him. She has power over him. But she had to stop him as he was about to commit a sin, killing humans. He wants his punishment and exile to be lifted hence he can not overlook this rule. Moreover this bracelet is used to train him: make him a better god. He is definitely too emotional and hot-tempered. 

The GGG is different from the usual ones: it controls his heart, whereas the others are supposed to control the brain. Since his heart is out of stone, the GGG is there to soften his heart. That's why it was said that the bracelet made him fall in love with her. Yet we know that he was feeling something for SM before he received the GGG hence both questioned the nature of his love for her: true love or fake love created by the GGG?  The bracelet has been put on SOG as SM had been told that SOG would never be able to hurt her (eat her). Before, he wanted to eat her with the 7 different sauces.

Besides, he gave her memory back so that she could call him as soon as she had left the world (demon with 7 brides). The contract he made with her is still active. Hence in my opinion, she is now double protected by SOG: the contract with SM and the GGG.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

After watching ep 12 I feel like Ah Sa Nyeo is the big bad that's going to cause the war that SJ saw in her vision. If she was just another easily defeatable villain, I don't think Soo Bo Ri would have to go to heaven to consult on what to do. I feel like in the next episode, Oh Gong is going to break her spell causing her serious injury. She's then probably going to go into hiding to recuperate while the rest of the gang think she is dead. The gang will then just continue on their journey of growth defeating one baddy at a time until, Ah Sa Nyeo comes back in the last arc, possibly having bewitched that creepy politician. What do you guys think?

• Like 19

11 minutes ago, sadpluto said:

After watching ep 12 I feel like Ah Sa Nyeo is the big bad that's going to cause the war that SJ saw in her vision. If she was just another easily defeatable villain, I don't think Soo Bo Ri would have to go to heaven to consult on what to do. I feel like in the next episode, Oh Gong is going to break her spell causing her serious injury. She's then probably going to go into hiding to recuperate while the rest of the gang think she is dead. The gang will then just continue on their journey of growth defeating one baddy at a time until, Ah Sa Nyeo comes back in the last arc, possibly having bewitched that creepy politician. What do you guys think?

Im sold! That’s a good possible scenario. We’ll see how it pans out. I actually considered that the human who betrayed SOG could be JSM herself (possible time jump. So technically SOG wouldn’t kill her). However, I liked your scenario much better. 

FYI - viki’s having a giveaway for the show.. I think only for the U.S tho. 

• Like 5

On 03/02/2018 at 3:13 AM, bebebisous33 said:

@stroppyse Since many are fearing for the ending, some don't want a similar ending to Goblin, I have been thinking about SM/SJ and OG a lot. First of all, the title "Korean Odyssey" gives us a clue about it. Odyssey is a reference to the famous Greek poem, where Odysseus or Ulysses had been condemned by Poseidon to wander the sea for 10 years because he had blinded the Cyclops Polyphemus, a son of the sea god Poseidon. He was unable to go home for so long and during this exile, he met a lot of supernatural creatures who were dangerous to him and his crew, like f. ex. Calypso. The latter kept him for 7 years on her island  against his will as she wanted him to become her husband. In other words, he was a captive on her island.

I hve been thinking a lot about The Odyssey too (and mentioned it here once) so happy to have read your post a few days back @bebebisous33. It took me a while to answer as I have yet to see episode 12... I was going to wait till I see both episodes but I have been taking my time so that I don't get too stressed with that annoying ending :tongue:

One aspect I would add to your already excellent post is that Ulysses (Or Odysseus) refused Calypso's gift so to speak, that is immortality. By staying with her, he would have become immortal. And yet he chose to remain human, thus mortal, and returned to Penelope. So the whole mortal/immortal dilemma is certainly there.

Also, the whole seduction by possessed Buja made me think of the episode in The Odyssey with the sirens. So perhaps, like Ulysses, OG protected himself? Perhaps the GGG is his protection? Anyway, I won't add more because I first need to wtahc episode 12...

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Not yet. Is he in there too? I'll go where he goes then... lol

Season 1. I watched quite a few episodes and he is very likeable there. Totally understand how he became so popular back then.

All the episodes are on Youtube; on KBS's channel too so easy access.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

I'm glad for new bts but, where is our OTP!!?!?!??!? we want more of LSG and OYS!!

I'm so upset as well. LSG and CSW even said they are worried about OYS because she is working super hard at the set

but i don't think this production team values her as an actress/ female lead at all:angry:

Ep 13 text preview

천 년 전 혼례를 치르기 직전, 억울하게 죽임을 당했던 아사녀를 빨리 성불시키기 위해 오공을 장가보내자며 선미를 설득하는 우마왕. 그러나 오공의 혼례가 당연시되는 분위기에 토라진 선미에게 오공은 영원히 깰 수 없는 계약인 '결혼'을 하자는 진심 어린 프러포즈를 한다. 한편, 아사녀는 오공을 갖기 위해 우마왕에게 접근하는데...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, jinsunmi said:

At least, in CITT i know that the team really appreciate her, sending her a food truck during MSG,

saying nice things about her in their instagram...but here in hwayugi she is ignored in her own drama,

no official poster with LSG, no bts, her screentime...

I also think it's weird that we never see her own bts even when there is one,

the camera is hiding her face (wedding) WHY???

I know YG want their own actor to shine but why the lead actress is ignored? 

I know. If they want to change the female lead please do so... i'm so tired with this berserk 

In CITT, OYS is really close with Dara and Park Hae Jin 

• Like 7

I was thinking and if JSM takes the GGG off from SOG and then she still has the contract with him that whenever she calls his name he will show up to help her but then if SOG wants he can erase his name from her memory like he did in the past. Well now i think he is in love with her so he will not erase his name from her memories if she takes off the GGG. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, haymochi said:

[...]Ep 13 text preview

천 년 전 혼례를 치르기 직전, 억울하게 죽임을 당했던 아사녀를 빨리 성불시키기 위해 오공을 장가보내자며 선미를 설득하는 우마왕. 그러나 오공의 혼례가 당연시되는 분위기에 토라진 선미에게 오공은 영원히 깰 수 없는 계약인 '결혼'을 하자는 진심 어린 프러포즈를 한다. 한편, 아사녀는 오공을 갖기 위해 우마왕에게 접근하는데...

Thank you @haymochi!

I do not have the skills to properly translate that, but I think they are talking about Oh Gong's marriage ceremony a thousand years ago!? If so what an interesting episode this will be... Many thanks in advance to whoever translates this. (It will also be quite the laugh -for me- if I'm completely wrong ^^;;)

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, estrellita1122 said:

I was thinking and if JSM takes the GGG off from SOG and then she still has the contract with him that whenever she calls his name he will show up to help her but then if SOG wants he can erase his name from her memory like he did in the past. Well now i think he is in love with her so he will not erase his name from her memories if she takes off the GGG. 

Agree Sunmi still doesn't know how OG truely feels about her . She still thinks that OG loves her because of the GGG and she will be alone in the end . Hence she is cautious being with him...

I understand why she didn' take of the GGG last time... main reason is she wants to see him.  If that GGG is not there, he still can hear her because of her childhood contract but he can just erase his name or choose not to come. 

OG had a marriage thousand years ago? Oh meeen.. another woman?

• Like 9

@haymochi, If I read the preview right, I think this is going to be a flashback episode where we will learn more about "the human who betrayed Oh Gong" who was brought up during the mermaid episode.

Edit: I wonder if Asa Nyeo's words about "never changing" are what triggers the flashback...? Since Yogwe/deity romances often have the theme of "human hearts change", etc.

• Like 12

20 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Okay... while the proper translation isn't available yet. I tried Google translate and it's quite helpful. Lol

Preview ep 13:
Immediately before marrying a wedding a thousand years ago, King Uma was persuaded to send a fortune to make haste to a widow who had been killed unjustly. However, in the atmosphere where the wedding ceremony of Ogon is taken for granted, Oragon gives a sincere proposal to the steward Sauchy for 'marriage', a contract that can not be broken forever. On the other hand, a widow approaches her to King Ummah to have a ...

So.. let's begin the theories... hahaha

The clues are

#1 marriage of a thousand years ago

#2 someone got killed unjustly

#3 the valid contract forever

since contracts are  valid until one of the party dies.. i bet he will find contract is valid..and the dead is undead..ha ha ha

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

17 minutes ago, Zelda said:

@stargazer187 Lol! You've gotta love Google translate. :grin: That's like some crazy kind of Mad Libs game.

This part (오공의 혼례가) means Oh Gong's marriage ceremony/wedding.

My theory is that the heartbreak caused by "steward Sauchy" led to Oh Gong's crime in heaven somehow.

Who is this steward sauchy anyway hahahahahhahahahahahahha

is oragon=our OG :D

King Ummah hahahahahahahha

• LOL 7