[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

5 minutes ago, berny said:

THERE WAS SOMETHIN MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE.......

By the ex-detective that works for JY,  he said that   JA and GI have known each other since they were little ???

w-haaat ? 

How can have they been acquainted ?? 

:crazy:

There are various possibilities, depending on which timeframe you're looking at:

1. Before debt happened: They were classmates in the same school at some point (though there's no proof of this now).
  2. When debt happened: Kwang-il's father drove home the point that Ji-an's family owed him lots of money...
  3. After debt happened: Little!Kwang-il finds out about little!Ji-an when his father is killed by her hand.

Now, all (or none) of these possibilities could have happened. The popular theory that Kwang-il has (suppressed) feelings for Ji-an would be supported especially by #1, though that also could have happened at any point with #2 or #3. I'd be interested in finding out more :)

On 18/04/2018 at 11:40 AM, africandramalover said:

Apparently the song is by someone named Vincent Blue and is called 무지 개는 있다 ...... but no one can find it online..... I need this song! 

I have to gloat.... I was right, at least for once! Ok. About the title. Because other than that, I have no idea where this show is taking us!!:blush:

7 hours ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

@africandramalover finally the right song and there are two versions!

Thanks! You understand how I have suffered waiting for this song!!

@miracle525 thanks so much for the songs!! I've been dying slowly as I wait for the osts. I had lost hope since they hadn't featured the song in the last episodes!!

On the issue of this issue that refuses to die!! romance......Here's how I'm consoling myself if they don't get together.

In life, sometimes you meet someone when you have a problem, but when the problem is resolved, suddenly you don't need each other. If JA and DH don't get together, the main purpose of their meeting has been achieved, for JA to learn that people can be good, and DH to stop being passive about life!

BTW,  can we discuss how absolutely shattered Jung Hee is by whatever happened between her and the monk!!!:cold_sweat:. I was in pain on her behalf last night!! If anyone needs healing, she needs it badly,  especially because no one knows the extent of her pain. She hides it so well with taking care of the neighbourhood guys. She holds it together, but then collapses every night from the exhaustion of trying.  Poor thing!!! 

• Like 12

Delulu Islanders,there is hope DLL island flag is unfurled on the DLL ship

Ahhhhh, the episode is too short. I am glad that they showed the YH/DH confrontation. And yes that punch felt good. I am happy that they seem to be taking the high road with regards to YH. And I am hoping for more confrontation. The more yelling and opening and talking between the couple the better. Why, because just as the monk said to  DH, it is high time that DH starts living for himself. It seems that the monk has been waiting for DH to breakdown and he thought DH will break at the age of 60 when he will look back at his life and see how empty it is. DH, says, I wanted to sacrifice. Monk asks “who are you to sacrifice and who asked you?” It seems that DH has misunderstood the meaning of giving, that it is one sided sacrifice that receiving is not part of giving but a big part of giving is receiving. That is the way life works. Give in order to receive and receive to be able to give. Now, I am guessing that is how the breakdown of their marriage started.  Whenever he thinks of YH and JY the image of YH asking him to quit his job and start a business. That she wll help him, that he was a smart, talented, highly skilled, hardworking, honest and she is sure can start his own business and she will help him. When he was at the roof by himself he also thought about that. I think, this is not the first time YH proposed that business plan that she had done it many time before. Not because of ambition and not because YH was ambitious but because she wanted to give back. She went to law school while JS was a baby and Omma Park raised the son. JH the sacrifice man may have supported her. YH gave back to the family, helping them but the one she wanted to give back to the most is the man she loved and married. But DH with his mindset of sacrifice refused because he thought it was his duty to sacrifice. YH watched this man give and give and getting emptied until he became a shell of himself. Empty oyster who gave away his shell and never took nutrition to nourish his himself. It may have made YH feel guilt and resentment, to the point where she could not look him in the eye. He told the monk, everybody lives that way.  The monk asked him since DH if DH wanted his son Ji Seok to live the way he lived.

So when JA confronted him that and told DH to fire her, he gave that lecture about her not getting fired because he had no reason to fire her, then that long talk about being able to look her in the eye, basically he was talking bout himself and YH. He did not want JA to sacrifice and ruin her life (talking about himself), he wants her to live fully, and be happy so that he will not feel guilty (YH)and be able to look her in the eye and greet her happily when he sees her in the street. So, right there is a prediction of a time jump the way I see it.   

Hs texted the monk, that he is forcibly holding on to a heart that wants to fly away. I think his guilt for not being able to make her happy will make him hold on to her. It is up to YH to tell him that the way for him to make her happy is to let her go. I hope that YH will not hurt him by going bck to JY. That it would be best to go far away from both men. Someone suggested to go America with the son. Good idea. She might even find a new love there.

So end prediction with a time jump, I think DH lecture of meeting one day is predicting a future meeting. 2 ships have sailed and the Delulu island. 5 years later, DH is now CEO of his company, he finds out for himself that he likes and is good at management after all, JH finds her passion from workingat the engineering company, that she wants tobe and architect instead, she works for a small firm and sometimes get contracted by DH company. We see her in a construction site with her hard hat and design and in consultation with DH. They are married. At the airport, JS arriving at Seoul airport with mom and a brand new winsome stepdad.  

• Like 12
  • LOL 4

3 hours ago, berny said:

Hey JA, just give to this ahjussi his slippers back okey, see he looks really pissed.

sweet.png

So petty this ahjussi... big-smile2-smiley.gif  oh better yet just replace it with cute expensive polkadot boxers , so he can shout instead in the neighborhood alley... "where are my boxers, what did you do with my boxers !!?" 

But seriously their conversation here...  made me see DH as someone who seems really confused at this point in his life.  And "confused" is not nice.

He has a most serious, crucial situation in his life right now (his wife's affair,  and that Director position he aspires for), why still add this matter about JA to his many concerns?  She already wants to leave, which i think is also for the best, but he seems stubborn to agree.

•  Is he tied to that commitment JA's grandma requested on him.. to be by JA's side?

•  Or is it just his nature to selflessly take care of people whom he thinks needs his help, it's like a role he always wanted to do

Hey DH, once you find out that JA has had connections with that sleazy JY,  take it easy on her okey,  remember it was you who told her to stay, take note of that.

------------------------------------------------

But can they not .....

Hide contents

Can they not... give her lines such as this... it doesn't sit well with me...

hayyy.png

JA character is just too awesome to resort to something like this.

N-oooooo way !

Hello @berny:)

I think Ji An meant to deflect Joon Young’s suspicion that she likes Dong Hoon with that line.  She knows Joon Young thinks of her as someone without scruples who would do anything for money so blackmailing Dong Hoon through sex is something Joon Young can believe she’s capable of doing.  The last thing she would want is to give him ammunition against Dong Hoon by allowing him to find out that her feelings for his enemy are genuine.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I don’t know but I have this sinking feeling that Joon Young might use Kwang Il to actually kill Dong Hoon and Ji An will sacrifice herself to save him.  In doing so, she would have finally freed herself from her never-ending cycle of rebirth because she has finally loved someone with all her heart, enough to sacrifice herself for him. :(

Oh crap. As if this series weren’t sad enough, here I go making myself all depressed. :bawling:

• Like 2
  • Sad 11

I agree with all who said they finished watching episode 11 more confused than ever about where the show is headed.  This was the most miserable episode yet. But one thing I was glad to have finally seen was a hug, a real, comforting, badly needed hug.  It was such a nice gesture, and just like Dong Hoon's nature of thinking he could bear anything by himself, he at first tried to get away from it, but finally surrendered and received it.  Really hope to see more physical affection, from anyone to anyone.

4 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

I don’t know but I have this sinking feeling that Joon Young might use Kwang Il to actually kill Dong Hoon and Ji An will sacrifice herself to save him.  In doing so, she would have finally freed herself from her never-ending cycle of rebirth because she has finally loved someone with all her heart, enough to sacrifice herself for him. :(

Oh crap. As if this series weren’t sad enough, here I go making myself all depressed. :bawling:

If Dong Hoon doesn't end up killing him first.  Remember his threatening words to Joon Young just before the punch?

30 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

Hello @berny:)

I think Ji An meant to deflect Joon Young’s suspicion that she likes Dong Hoon with that line.  She knows Joon Young thinks of her as someone without scruples who would do anything for money so blackmailing Dong Hoon through sex is something Joon Young can believe she’s capable of doing.  The last thing she would want is to give him ammunition against Dong Hoon by allowing him to find out that her feelings for his enemy are genuine.

I really enjoyed seeing the realization in Joon Young that Ji An really does have feelings for Dong Hoon.  He just can't win.  For a brief moment, I thought Joon Young might even be able to tell from the recording that DH also has genuine feelings for her, because JY seems to know him so oddly well.

• Like 11

And then all the guts and gualm brust out like river flow in the stormy rain....

I understand you lady, but please for shake of your pride as Women who full of herself you must end it, please file divorce for peace of your heart.

He could forgive you but the wound never been cure.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

I can’t even think about this ending! That would be too heartbreaking! But I agree that Kwang Il will play a significant role in upcoming episodes. It can’t end well.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

19 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

4 minutes ago, aisling said:

I can’t even think about this ending! That would be too heartbreaking! But I agree that Kwang Il will play a significant role in upcoming episodes. It can’t end well.

Ughhh I agree.......I hope it doesn't end this way in a sacrifice with someone dying x_x....

Even I want KI to be redeemed and set free from his bad environment

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, aisling said:

Except this is a healing drama, remember?  A whole lotta healing had better happen soon.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, africandramalover said:

I have to gloat.... I was right, at least for once! Ok. About the title. Because I have no idea where this show is taking us!!:blush:

Thanks! You understand how I have suffered waiting for this song!!

@miracle525 thanks so much for the songs!! I've been dying slowly as I wait for the osts. I had lost hope since they hadn't featured the song in the last episodes!!

On the issue of this issue that refuses to die!! romance......Here's how I'm consoling myself if they don't get together.

In life, sometimes you meet someone when you have a problem, but when the problem is resolved, suddenly you don't need each other. If JA and DH don't get together, the main purpose of their meeting has been achieved, for JA to learn that people can be good, and DH to stop being passive about life!

BTW,  can we discuss how absolutely shattered Jung Hee is by whatever happened between her and the monk!!!:cold_sweat:. I was in pain on her behalf last night!! If anyone needs healing, she needs it badly,  especially because no one knows the extent of her pain. She hides it so well with taking care of the neighbourhood guys. She holds it together, but then collapses every night from the exhaustion of trying.  Poor thing!!! 

..Ji-an cares about some one beside herself and grandmother!
She offered to sacrifice herself for Her Ajusshi career.
But the decent man said NO!  You must prove to yourself
and me that you can integrate into society... work with others,
be successful (finish your contract), whereby I will write
you a great recommendation (unsaid) so that you can find
work at another company (not one that wash dishes) and build
a career, so that when I am old and see you, I can smile at you
and you would be confident to go to my mother's funeral without
feeling shame.  What he said and felt is RIGHT and DECENT and
shows that he will be a man and fight is battle and not hide behind
a defenseless (or so he thinks) girl's skirt. It also shows his
great concern for her and grandma welfare....despite all the
tremendous pressure on him (that mock interview, and the
turmoil with the wife). 
Whether there will be any kind of romance between them...God
and the Writer know!  But does it really matter?  What really
matter is two people who truly care for each other's welfare,
will do whatever it takes to help the other...unselfishly.
to protect the other.... a TRULY POWERFUL POWERFUL STORY!

• Like 8

2 cents on ep 11:

She realized from the beginning that someone is following her, even before she's about to come to him in the bar.

She hesitated for a moment before taking the slippers away. 

He keep listening while the team spouting strategies about how to swerve from Jian, while obviously he's getting a distasteful mouth from it.

"I still keep hanging to feelings that were about to gone,"

"How pitiful. If i were you, i will let that feelings fly away."

This line is what gives me hope that DH will divorce that biotch immediately.

When Jian play that recording, she looked visibly hurt (and stopped the recording abruptly at the end) which is observed by JY, who scorned, "why every girl fell for him? Even though he's nothing in front of men." Even JY realize that her feelings are genuine.

When she's calling him 'dear' he jerks away. Maam, you think he didn't say anything because he adores you too much? Like you, DH treasures his dignity dearly, and when he become a loser whose being cheated by with a jerkface, you will see none of him anymore...

Idk why, but when DH doze off in the temple, it feels like he wants to be disconnected even more from the world. The point when he realize that even enduring all this time burns to nothing in the end.

"Where are my slippers! Am i that worthless that i don't even deserve slippers from you? Make sure you buy me new slippers." Geez this is bcs of you Jian, now both of you are obssesed with that slippers :D

"I already feel sick meeting people I don't like. I don't want you to become another person like that too. Next time, in 10-20 years, we will meet again, and by that time you have find success in another company. I will greet you warmly by that time." Amidst all superficiality in his life, it's like he's hanging to one genuine person and pleads her to stay that way.

"And you! Why do you always make that face! Does everyone done you wrong? Try to smile and treat people better! I know the employees weren't treat you kindly, but I will change that." Some will said this is a fatherly scene... I think of this as "now ladies and gentlemen, your personal nagging, tsundere ajusshi' :D

"Why do you do that! WHY! You are the mom of our son! A mom! When you did that, you kill me. It means you think that it's fine for me to be treated that way, it is better if DH just die!" The scene when DH crouching and holding his bruised hand is heartbreaking. When she cheat, she confirms his fear, deny his whole existence (now that i remember when she wants to get him fired... Ugh) the director made this scene so severe i was almost sure that reconcilliation is not possible (thank god).

That scene when Jian cry in the end... She ache for that person. That ajusshi who gave her worth and dignity but feeling worthless and suicidal of himself. Really, these two just always have been waiting for each other to be roused from their deep slumber.

After all the jab they've been taken from life so far, it will be very satisfying to see them at least hug it out and make each other feel better.

• Like 11

about episode 11... 

the undeclared declaration of relationship...

‘I will be at your grandma funeral and you will be at my mother’s funeral...’

’buy me those slippers again!’

- Dong Hoon to Ji An -

honestly... I don’t mind if they declared relationship without declaration... in this kind of situation.. even love is an understatement.. these two.. despite the 17 years age different.. are actually soulmates.. and it doesn’t mean that they have to be together as a man and woman.. but as two human that share the burden of life by helping and supporting each other.. DAEBAK drama!!

and please that cheater wife should go to hell... sorry? after all she has done to him? she should be kicked out from his life and don’t let her have the custody of their son..

I had almost puking when YH called DH ‘yeobo (official husband nickname for married couple) eww how could she... after had so many sexual intercourses with other man.. not just other man but her husband’s mortal enemy!

sorry for my rant but I’m a mom of 3 and what she has done is beyond disgusting...

(off to watch ep 12 raw)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

25 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

Except this is a healing drama, remember?  A whole lotta healing had better happen soon.

Did they really say it was a healing drama? All I heard was them talking about it as a human drama... 

Reading live recap for episode 12, I still don’t know where this drama is headed. DH will likely endure the whole affair situation for the sake of his mother and son. This is the person he is.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3