[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

15 minutes ago, SeGafanlady said:

honestly... I don’t mind if they declared relationship without declaration... in this kind of situation.. even love is an understatement.. these two.. despite the 17 years age different.. 

Actually, in a drama there’s 24 years age gap between Dong Hoon (45) and Ji An (21).

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

why won't you wear my slippers?

I won't say it but "because it's too precious to wear.  I rather keeps it in my drawer and looks at it once in a while.  It gives me strength".  "beside, that is the first thing anyone has bought me in a long time...that's why I am wearing these cheap clothing that even a loan shark would think that I'm a nobody, instead of a midlevel manager making 100k a year....as for the wife she buy clothing for herself, so she can run around with my junior who is my boss now!"

What did you do with the slippers?

After the other day, I cam to my sense,  I threw them away!

I won't say it but "you idiot, don't you know what your gift means to me!... get me another pair!"

What a strange touching conversation about a cheap ordinary pair of slippers!

• Like 3
  • LOL 10

4 hours ago, miracle525 said:

The highly anticipated two versions of OST Part 6 are here! The original version used in the drama is linked right below, while an alternate acoustic version plus a tiny something are in the tags. How are all the OSTs for this drama so good? I'm still trying to work my way around HTML formatting on here...

OST PART 6 (Band / Original ver)

Reveal hidden contents

OST PART 6 (Acoustic / Alternate ver)

The superior extended sequence in ep. 7

Thank you so much for these haunting OST. This is definitely one of the best OST i have heard.

I find Lee Sun Kyun's breathing exceedingly captivating. I m totally under his spell!!

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

18 minutes ago, tiger457_stv said:

why won't you wear my slippers?

I won't say it but "because it's too precious to wear.  I rather keeps it in my drawer and looks at it once in a while.  It gives me strength".  "beside, that is the first thing anyone has bought me in a long time...that's why I am wearing these cheap clothing that even a loan shark would think that I'm a nobody, instead of a midlevel manager making 100k a year....as for the wife she buy clothing for herself, so she can run around with my junior who is my boss now!"

What did you do with the slippers?

After the other day, I cam to my sense,  I threw them away!

I won't say it but "you idiot, don't you know what your gift means to me!... get me another pair!"

What a strange touching conversation about a cheap ordinary pair of slippers!

Or they  are a pair of slippers freaks?  :wub:

• Like 2

@mujayThis scene was so sad!  She was clearly trying to pretend to Grandma that everything's all right with her and her Ahjussi.  :bawling:  

By the way, does anyone know the instrumental track that was playing during the scene when Dong Hoon was pretending to smoke outside Jung Hee's place while waiting for Ji An?  I love it.  It's so melancholic.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, mujay said:

Ctto

IMG_20180426_190715.jpg

Jian suffering so much whenever listen DH in a pain, his heavy breath is sign he is depressed.

I think IU has shown tremendous growth as an actress in the role of Jian. There's really nothing excessive so far and her performance is imho subtle, on point and quite to perfection - it is in fact brilliant!!! :wub:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, zenya22 said:

It seems that DH has misunderstood the meaning of giving, that it is one sided sacrifice that receiving is not part of giving but a big part of giving is receiving. That is the way life works. Give in order to receive and receive to be able to give. Now, I am guessing that is how the breakdown of their marriage started.

Yes!! Dong Hoon too, made mistakes. 

2 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Hs texted the monk, that he is forcibly holding on to a heart that wants to fly away.

I thought he was referring to his own heart.

I watched it again with hubby tonight and afterwards we were both silent for a long time. In part because what I, as a mom, have sometimes called "my sacrifices" for my family and my kids. It's something I've been wrestling with throughout motherhood.

If you think of it as a sacrifice, you'll always feel miserable. You'll always regret about what you didn't have, think about what could have been, what you missed.

If you see it as a choice, you're in control. You made the decision knowing what you had to give up.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, not1but3 said:

I think IU has shown tremendous growth as an actress in the role of Jian. There's really nothing excessive so far and her performance is imho subtle, on point and quite to perfection - it is in fact brilliant!!! :wub:

I agree!  JA gives us so many feelings.

* Indirectly feeling proud and happy for her because she likes (loves) acting.  She'll be able to produce more favourite songs after this - just a personal opinion.

• Like 6

Just saw the preview. Looks like our separation/time lapse is coming! 

It's good that they're taking a break. This week's episodes have been emotionally exhausting for me as a viewer, what more for the actors and production team.

Did anyone else notice that the hotel room is the same hotel room also used in other dramas e.g. Misty. The Good Wife, etc? I wonder if it's just a room at the broadcasting station designed as a hotel room set.  :lol:

• Like 5

So the basic premise of the show is complete: Ji-An's faith in humanity and men is restored. She is on her way to social acceptance and opening up to the world. DH's personal and professional life is still in a stalemate but at least he is proactive, lets out feelings, about to get made Director and feels better about himself courtesy Ji-An. Both were and will remain each other's guardian angels, that's it.

For anyone who wanted to see DH and Ji-An together at the end of the drama, the sadistic writer / director just ended Ep.12 on it (in one the most beautiful, life-affirming intimate moments ever).

Savor it, because it can only (once again) go downhill from here on. I am extremely pessimistic about the next 4 episodes. 

• Sad 4

On 4/24/2018 at 7:08 PM, mushroomsoupie said:

I don't know if you guys notice, but there's a guy in the office with the good attitude that always looks at JA sympathetically. I think there's a possibility that his character might develop a crush or possibly become close friend with JA in the future? He's always been good mannered around JA despite her demeanor.

Du549z.png

xwzYSo.png

@philosophie for your eyes only.....

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, nearsea said:

Lol it's not actually this guy, you need to see the preview first. Also I feel like whatever may happen with Ji An- Dong Hoon, the marriage is definitely ending.

I saw it, but just wanted to satisfy philosophie's curiosity!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, justamom said:

I watched it again with hubby tonight and afterwards we were both silent for a long time. In part because what I, as a mom, have sometimes called "my sacrifices" for my family and my kids. It's something I've been wrestling with throughout motherhood.

If you think of it as a sacrifice, you'll always feel miserable. You'll always regret about what you didn't have, think about what could have been, what you missed.

If you see it as a choice, you're in control. You made the decision knowing what you had to give up.

@justamom Absolutely. If you call it a choice, you are sensitive to considering the other's choices. You become more inclusive. A sacrifice is more a one-sided decision and can make the one sacrificed for uncomfortable. Like the monk says, who asked you?

about holding on to the heart, now that I think about it, yes, he was could have been talking  of his own  about heart

• Like 2

A few random thoughts.

DH-YH marriage was dead way back when. I don't personally ascribe to trying to diagnose what went wrong and is he at fault, too? The story isn't about them. I guess she's not such a bad person. Maybe she wanted things from him that she should have known he could not give. She wanted to just be a family of three, she doesn't like that neighborhood and doesn't like him hanging out every night with his brothers and childhood friends. That doesn't make him wrong, but she's also not wrong for wanting what she wants. Perhaps she wanted to secretly, maybe even subconsciously blow everything up, and chose to have an affair with the person that he has the most contempt for. But I'm not sure how that explains how she treated his career at this company like nothing, and encouraged him to quit? But ultimately, who cares? Some people just don't belong together, and duty and propriety have been the thing that kept these two together, at least for a while. And now, it's been blown up.

Ultimately, it doesn't even matter. DH isn't going to get with Ji-An as a direct result of his marriage ending. His relationship with Ji-An is a separate thing. It is what it is.

What's important is that Yoon-Hee and Ji-An are on the same team now (Team DH!) and they're going to bring down JY together.

I don't even need maximum humiliation for JY. I feel sorry for JY, and he has his reasons for being a narrow-minded, greedy jerk. He just needs to be neutralized so he can stop obsessing about DH. (I do agree with some of you who theorize that he may weaponize Kwang-Il to do something to DH or JA. I just hope that we are wrong, because that is just too depressing.)

Kwang-Il, that is the most sickest and most romantic thing ever. Carrying Ji-An home after your father beat you to unconsciousness. Ah, memories. He just can't quit her. No wonder his brain is broken.

The Jung-Hee Gang walking Ji-An home is the sweetest thing, ever. Her saying, "Thank you" was so meaningful, although only DH knows why.

And I guess the last thing is that Ji-An was awesome at the interview with the executives. She has such emotional intelligence. She knows that insisting she has no feelings for him will not be believed. So she gives them that, sounding genuine and credible in the process. So an underling has a crush on him. How is that unusual or a reason to disqualify him?

I loved this exchange:

Yoon: So how far did you go?

JA: To home... We live in the same neighborhood.

In one moment, she instantly made the point that he was making something really nice sound really dirty. Playing dumb, but also really smart. She is so badass!

Also, she *honestly* testified to how she warmed his heart for the first time in her entire life. In front of the Chairman. (I'm telling you, his is the only opinion that truly matters, in the end.)

Oh, Director Yoon. Your scheme backfired again. Are you good at anything?

DH's smile at JA when she told him, "You're a very good person." That said everything. And then they flashback to him telling Yoon-Hee that she made him feel worthless. The director might as well be drawing a cupid's arrow hitting his heart. (Am I the only one who sees this?)

(They're not airing new episodes next week. Whhhhhyyyy?!? This is cruel.)

--

Ep. 13 preview, translated:

JY: You took money to fire PDH, and you try to fire me? What if I tell (him) this entire story? I wonder how he will react?

JA: Just leave quietly, before I tell everyone everything.

Ki-Hoon: What, did sister-in-law have an affair? ... I thought you meant that.

Dir. Yoon: Did you guys develop affection after nagging her? Something is going on.

Song (?): I like Lee Ji-An.

Park Dong-Woon: (I think he's saying that he found who drugged him and got him demoted?)

DH, to Yoon: Isn't it a human's duty to forget about another's past?

JA: The first time in my life, the person who was good to me, for more than four times. If we run into each other, will he really greet me warmly?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4