[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

Dear Lord HELP ME.:wacko: Ep. 11 was so damn h-e-a-v-y like let me breathe drama for goodness sakes!:crazy:

And puh-leaseee... Yoon-Hee yah you're only sorry because you got caught OK?!:rolleyes: My heart bleeds for Dong-Hoon when he cried out - "The moment you cheated on me you pronounced me dead~" 

WTF?! Dong-Hoon's legal team thinks Ji-An ain't pretty??<_< Are you kidding me?! If she's ugly then I'm a freaking potato LoL!:w00t: Dong-Hoon's brothers are like Dumb & Dumber! Don't know which one is worse. The loud, annoying younger one or the oldest who's an overgrown man-child OY. 

Yoo-Ra sweetheart, I beg you... just quit being an actress & move along please?! As for Jung-Hee (yikes why are the characters so pathetically pitiful LoL) get yourself a sugar daddy because the monk is not losing sleep over you. 

Last but certainly not least - Joon-Young. Why women love Dong-Hoon (well except for Yoon-Hee) you ask? Er-- because he's nice? He's a "Korean Mark Darcy" HA. While you Joon-Young is just a cowardly prick behind a fancy suit.:tongue:

For someone who has zero romantic feelings toward Ji-An, Dong-Hoon sure is bothered she threw his slippers out:tongue:

• Like 8
  • LOL 6

just finished watching ep 12 RAW and uh la la I saw a shy smile of our pitiful Dong Hoon for the first time.. being flattered by a girl who just saved his image in the Board Meeting is certainly a highlight.. like how one by one his problems will eventually calming... he will oneday manage to freely fly his heart and mind to wherever he wants and to whoever he chooses..

I must say Ji An is a femme fatale... how come a small petite girl like her able to do such incredibly dangerous deeds without even getting caught once.. yet she managed even pulling herself out from DJY... but it seeems like it was not like that for him.. the guy is now on the edge of his seat because his dirty and evil tactis seemed like a boomerang to him.. he won’t let go Ji An easily... I think that’s the reason why in the preview.. Ji An said (pressumably to Dong Hoon) “If we meet again in the future.. will you be happy?” that means there will be a time span.. just like one of you already commented.. I hope it will not too long because DH is not that young anymore.. the man deserves happiness and new pages of life soon...

so sad for Yung Jee.. how hurt it is must be for her.. I think the Monk was the one who cut her off and I wonder why and what is the reason of the broke up.. I cried with Yung Jee..

I’m rooting for DH to kick JY a$$ to the curb and let him cries in a humiliating ambiance.. he needs to experience such a shame to have a strong urge of self reflection.. and he has no quality to be a CEO!!

DH will appointed Director soon with majority Directors and even the President of the company... talking about that poor old childless chaebol who likes DH a lot.. he even leave his sick bed to attend Ji An’s questioning.. and felt AMAZED by Ji An’s mature and strong self confidence.. in the world full of money hungry power leeching fakers..  DH and Ji An are like rare diamonds.. 

I will stay late to watch with English Sub or I don’t think I can sleep...

• Like 12

3 hours ago, chickfactor said:

DH's smile at JA when she told him, "You're a very good person." That said everything. And then they flashback to him telling Yoon-Hee that she made him feel worthless. The director might as well be drawing a cupid's arrow hitting his heart. (Am I the only one who sees this?

You’re not the only one, DH still hanging out with JA dispute knowing how she feels about him can be taken as him slowly reciprocating, why? Bc we see him trying to rationalize her feelings for him however, he never once said that he didn’t like her, only rationalizing why they are drawn to each other.

Also, I find him to be at peace the most when he’s around her, the last scene in ep 12 was very telling bc he doesn’t have to hide his affection for her anymore. I think DH will learn about her wiretapping and she will not be around to see him feel hurt and betrayed, however, I believe DH will come to understand that JA did it for survival’s sake.

I think the show will make it very obvious their longing to see each other and after sometime, after they meet again, it will heavily implied that both can start over again :) (they obvious will not be brother & sisters!! Puke). 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Reading comments here and comments in Dramabeans, I feel we are watching two different dramas. Even the recaper is admiting that it could be that DH has romantic feelings towards JA, but I think she isn't ready to completely admit it because as a recaper she don't want to contradict what the director said "it isn't romance", and I understand her scrupulous; nonetheless in the recap of epsode 11 she dared to voice her "confusion" about DH's feelings. 

However, the comments keep saying things like they feel romance even if it is not love (:(), or they feel romance between then as they feel romance between him and his brother(:(:(), they feel connection that can be interpretate as romantic and so on. In others words, there is romance but it isn't a romantic drama, and DH-JA relationship isn't romantic. I just can't understand the logic :( 

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, ninaanin said:

Reading comments here and comments in Dramabeans, I feel we are watching two different dramas. Even the recaper is admiting that it could be that DH has romantic feelings towards JA, but I think she isn't ready to completely admit it because as a recaper she don't want to contradict what the director said "it isn't romance", and I understand her scrupulous; nonetheless in the recap of epsode 11 she dared to voice her "confusion" about DH's feelings. 

However, the comments keep saying things like they feel romance even if it is not love (:(), or they feel romance between then as they feel romance between him and his brother(:(:(), they feel connection that can be interpretate as romantic and so on. In others words, there is romance but it isn't a romantic drama, and DH-JA relationship isn't romantic. I just can't understand the logic :( 

The production team is either very stupid or extremely brilliant in insisting this is not a romance drama.  I haven't decided which.

And I feel like the commenters at Dramabeans tend to echo whatever the recapper says.  Not just with this drama but with other recaps/articles as well.  And that is very understandable and natural, of course.

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

Their relationship just to beautiful to define.

Jian so brave, she give everything to cure and to calm her Ahjussi"you not alone man, you are precios deserve happines, and gratitude for your heart as human" so don't sulk with your marriage issue, you can not fall because that, i'm here to cheerish you.:cry: i wont go anywhere  even from a far i will stand by you.:cry:

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, kysy said:

Finally crossed 6% nationwide :)

Ratings(Nielsen) ep 12: 

Nationwide: 6.035

Seoul: 6.572

Amazing, especially knowing KBS is airing Suits with two very popular actors, one who is the veteran Jang Dong Geun himself.  I just hope with the break our show does not lose the good momentum and can come back with even stronger episodes to end on a ratings high.

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, kysy said:

Finally crossed 6% nationwide :)

Ratings(Nielsen) ep 12: 

Nationwide: 6.035

Seoul: 6.572

This drama deserve 8 or 9 rating thou,  the writer tell unordinary love story become so romantic even no singel skinship between the lead drawn our heart to just love them, support them for what ever they chose in the end of story, except father- daughter because they treat each other as man and women, and director give nuance angst, despair yet full of hope.

Unromantic yet so romantic drama.

Goodnesss i madly in love with DH tooo-_- ottoke.. 

Jianaa, sorry i will not become your rival, just let me cried with this Man a while .

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

That scene they looking at each other through the car window!! Wow!!

I have to confess something: when I saw the preview for this episode, I was a little sad because the montage of the preview tricked us to think DH was smiling at JH. And, when I saw that smile I didn't see a romantic smile, only a friendly smile, and I thought: well maybe it is just friendship, but ... let's see how this unfold. Then, the actual scene happened and I was, paradoxally, upset and frustrated because he wasn't smiling at her lol. But, then... , there was JA standing on the side walking and their gazes meeting ... It was so impactful because it subverted all my expectations and the result and intensity of their romantic-unromantic gazes was powerful on me. If that wasn't showing a painful love I don't  what it was.  

What a actor is LSG!!!!

• Like 11

Perhaps my favorite scene from episode 11.  Someone finally sensed that what this man really needed now was a comforting hug.  This mirrored an earlier scene in episode 4 where he hugged his younger brother in an effort to calm his rage and saying the same thing.  That it was not a big deal. :bawling:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 6
  • Sad 3

What can I say that hasn’t been said about how amazing this drama is?  Nothing is ever wasted. There are no scenes that have been put as mere fillers. No character whose value is merely for laughs or to provide the leads with a trusted sidekick.  Each has their own story to tell, and for every character in this story, there is a battle that they face each and every day.  How they face their individual and collective battles and weather the storms of daily life is where the drama comes in. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is real life.  It reminds me of something I read about heroism and the concept of sainthood in the Christian faith: that it’s not so much about one great, big act of heroism or martyrdom, but more of how one lives each and every day, fighting one’s battles. It’s about falling down and still finding the strength to get up and go on living, not allowing oneself to be defeated, because life is so much more than the tragedies in it. 

I guess that’s why this series isn’t for everyone.  If a viewer is merely looking for something to pass the time, a series that won’t require too much thinking and internalizing, the fluffy, predictable kind that allows one to just sit back, eat chips and put one’s brain on auto-pilot at the end of a long day at work, then I don’t recommend watching My Ahjussi.  Because this drama is very taxing emotionally.  And it’s not easy to get into it.  I personally found it diffuclt initially to wrap my head around it during the first 2 episodes.  I didn’t like Lee Ji An in the beginning. And the theme seemed so bleak and hopeless.  After the first two episodes, I stopped watching and only resumed and marathoned when it was at episode 10. There was no turning back from there.

My Ahjussi either turns you off or sucks you in. It’s all or nothing, because in order to see the beauty of it, you need to immerse yourself in it.  Just like its main characters. Nothing about them really fit the bill of your typical KDrama leads.  They looked like ordinary people living ordinary lives.  They wore the same clothes and did pretty much the same things every day.  And no one, not one character, not even Do Joon Young who’s a CEO, and Yoon Hee who’s a successful lawyer, is prettified.  They all look like what they’re supposed to look like in real life. 

Hence, you will never get the appeal of Park Dong Hoon and Lee Ji An and what makes their relationship so compelling and affecting if you don’t immerse yourself into their lives and get into their skin and understand who they are.  You’ll look for the typical “romantic” scenes and will find none. You’ll hope for over-the-top declarations of love, complete with seemingly unplanned kisses, and see nothing.  So if you’re coming into MA looking for romance, look somewhere else because this is not a romance. However, if you’re looking for a story that shows love and affection and compassion and hope in the midst of the daily tragedies of life, then you’ll find that here in spades.  Just be prepared to deal with it because it’s gonna be a roller-coaster of emotions for you too.  And there’s no guarantee you’ll come out of it unscathed.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

@akhenaten,:blush:

I think i fall in love with you now:wub::lol:

It's took so long to find someone with eloquance words to narration this drama like how i watching it. 

Thank god you did it.

Nice meet someone can understand depth what the meaning between the line in the screne, the way the character vocalize the emotion with sutter, sucking breath.

And IU do good job in each every singel line she prounounce.

LSG too, this man velvet voice, the gesture he walk, he knew to crunch our heart with that.

Thank again for eloquance and delight words for this drama@akhenaten

• Like 7

Full Ratings for Episodes 1-12:

Date Episode Nielsen Korea (%) TNmS (%)
Nationwide Seoul
2018-03-21 01 3.923 4.467 4.6
2018-03-22 02 4.133 4.786 4.1
2018-03-28 03 3.373 4.102 3.9
2018-03-29 04 3.611 3.851 4.3
2018-04-04 05 3.936 4.838 3.7
2018-04-05 06 4.038 4.468 4.6
2018-04-11 07 4.487 5.234 4.7