Quantcast
Jump to content
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Recommended Posts

 

 

 

18 hours ago, Man-O-Man said:

Hello from Canada. I'm a recent asian drama addict, especially Korean drama. I am completely captivated by the amazing acting and beauty of Shin Hye Sun who is responsible for my addiction. I just started watching Hotel Del Luna primarily to see Lee Ji-Eun or IU, who I saw in Persona. I didn't know she was a long time accomplished singer until a few weeks ago. She is amazing. I love her acting. She seems so real and confident in her skin. Her years of entertaining experience shows. I now have to watch My Mister to see more of her. The reviews of My Mister that I've read are so good I hope my expectations aren't too high already. I know this show is not just about IU, but she will make it all that much better for me. I can't wait to get started. Just wish there were more hours in the day. Cheers.

 

Hi!

I'm happy that you find My Ahjussi through Hotel del Luna

Have you started watching MA yet?

Maybe just a tip from me, if you don't mind...

Be patient in episode 1 and 2.

When I first watched MA, I admit I was a bit disappointed in ep 1 and 2, because the office politics theme seemed a bit too thick for me. And there's a lot of informations, name, background etc, that might seemed a bit hard to take.

But, don't worry, the story will flow nicely after.

I'm so glad I gave MA a chance, because it turned out to be an unforgettable experience in drama watching for me.

And, after I finished all 16 episodes, I went back and rewatched the drama, I discovered deeper meanings hidden in those episodes.

Also, I'm thankful for the good people in this forum that had shared their insights about MA...

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the DVD/Blu-ray set came with a little pamphlet or magazine? Honestly a little shocked to see one of the pictures they decided to include out of all the possibilities. :) 

 

 

GVX077qT3DtB5SDX8V9ALJUtkEz0Psl3JDpJeQyvGNIJuaa4lzpEB4oN9j7nOXk9z6VvSP2Y8z-5nJGQC_TcqIMHKlICAx4CP0cJE5aPdAGt9MzNkEr4tkufXpZ-xUvWpaxjmVDy

  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2019 at 5:04 PM, widala said:

 

Hi!

I'm happy that you find My Ahjussi through Hotel del Luna

Have you started watching MA yet?

Maybe just a tip from me, if you don't mind...

Be patient in episode 1 and 2.

When I first watched MA, I admit I was a bit disappointed in ep 1 and 2, because the office politics theme seemed a bit too thick for me. And there's a lot of informations, name, background etc, that might seemed a bit hard to take.

But, don't worry, the story will flow nicely after.

I'm so glad I gave MA a chance, because it turned out to be an unforgettable experience in drama watching for me.

And, after I finished all 16 episodes, I went back and rewatched the drama, I discovered deeper meanings hidden in those episodes.

Also, I'm thankful for the good people in this forum that had shared their insights about MA...

 

 

Thank you for your comments. I guess I'll start calling it My Ahjuassi from now on.  I haven't started watching it yet but it is definitely on my must watch list.  Reviews I've read and this forum are proof enough.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of Indonesian famous actor, Joe Taslim, is loving My Ahjussi :thumbsup:

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 10:39 PM, sadiesmith said:

Looks like the DVD/Blu-ray set came with a little pamphlet or magazine? Honestly a little shocked to see one of the pictures they decided to include out of all the possibilities. :) 

 

Because of the editing of this scene, it raised some question if they really kiss or not. I guess this photo answers the question.

Thanks to the team who put the DVD/Blu-ray package together and brave enough to include this photo :D

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omy that kiss :o the clearest one! Out of all the photos to include, its so strange that they decided to include that one :astonished: not that im complaining :no_mouth:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that this is off-topic but I want to recommend Melo Is My Nature.

 

https://www.viki.com/tv/36634c-melo-is-my-nature

 

 

It's really well-written and lot of fun. So far, it's aired 10 out of 16, and I'm obsessed with it.

 

It takes a little while to get going, but if anyone's looking for a drama to get into, I highly recommend giving it a chance for 2 episodes.

 

--

 

Ha ha, I posted the above in the Hotel Del Luna thread, but I meant to put it here. I got my IU shows mixed up.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished watching My Mister.  I can certainly see why it got such accolades and awards.  Very moving and touching.  I’ve been watching K-dramas for about 1½ years and this drama was the most powerful so far.  This drama probes the depths of feeling and uncovers emotional connections many of us have long ago suppressed.  I am blessed to have stumbled upon a culture that values human relationships so intensely and reflects this in their dramas. Korean screenwriters, directors and actors are amazing and My Mister is an outstanding example of a Kdrama at its finest.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, widala said:

Be still my shipper heart

 

Not to burst your bubble, but I do want to confirm you knew this was just a fan's drawing? IU and LSK never took this picture together. :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Not to burst your bubble, but I do want to confirm you knew this was just a fan's drawing? IU and LSK never took this picture together. :D

Yes, I know. The original pic of this sketch is an edited pic by a fan, from their separated selfies with other people in MA wrap up party.

It's just nice there's a fan out there going through all the trouble drawing it.

Brings back all the feels...

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Ahjussi reunion!

I miss them so much :bawling:

Swipe for more photos

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IU sent coffee truck to support LSK who is shooting his new drama :thumbsup:

Looking the pic in the glass, I can hear Lee Ji An saying "Fighting" :bawling:

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...