Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Looking forward to tonight's awards! I'm going to a dinner party but will check my phone surreptitiously...

Sorry for the radio silence! I lost access to my account (forgot password) and then got locked out and it was a bit troublesome to get back on here...

I have a joke to share @chickfactor checked out Light in Your Eyes like you recommended and it was sooo slooww but sooo beautifully filmed and halfway through the episode I was wondering why is it so preachy and giving me all these conclusions so I paused and....

my husband had played the last episode first instead of the first episode! :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

On 3/24/2019 at 5:02 AM, sadiesmith said:

Here's a little anniversary gift to us all:

https://givemeslippers.wordpress.com/2019/03/24/interview-with-iu-and-lee-seon-kyun/

No subs though. :bawling:

LSK says in this interview -- "this was the first time in my life so many people around me loved a drama I acted in. I actually had friends in tears calling me about it."

The earlier translation posted by IU fan account is also a little off. IU also says that the line really made her think about her role, about her relationship to these older people around her, like "why would someone like Ji An say something like this"? And that helped her really understand Ji An. They both praised Park Hae Young for writing such amazing dialogue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for appreciate a great drama Baeksang jury:bawling:

Despite all bitter comments at first start My Ahjussi proved this drama is Masterpiece.

Congratulations MA team.

Big hug for all My Ahjussi lovers:bawling::heart:

Congratulations to Lee jieun too

IMG-20190501-222908.jpg

I love you too 

My Jianie.

• Like 6

Heartiest congratulations to scriptwriter Park Hae Young for being awarded best script for My Mister, the amazing My Mister team for winning Best Drama, and the talented Lee Ji Eun for being nominated for Best Actress and winning Top Popularity Actress (TV category) in the 55th Baeksang Arts Awards! Truly well deserved! And so awesome to see this drama nominated in so many categories - a testament to the overall excellence of this production. Bravo!

• Like 8

Congratulations to Park Hae Young Writernim for winning the Best Screenplay award, Lee Ji Eun-nim for receiving Popularity Awards and My Ahjussi team for the Best Drama award.

A well deserved recognition for such a amazing drama! I'm so happy!

But, amidst the happiness, I also feel sad and disappointed because Lee Sun Kyun didn't get the Best Actor award for playing Park Dong Hoon...

Park Dong Hoon is not a glorified war hero, he's not a chaebol with a lot of money, he's not a fighter who could do a magnificent round kick. No. He's just an average middle age man, with flaws and mistakes. 

I have zero qualification to determine a winner of an award show. I can only say this. Park Dong Hoon has touch my heart. Through the actor, Lee Sun Kyun. The writing is superb, the directing is amazing, the team works is all you can commend for. But it is Lee Sun Kyun who had given life and soul to Park Dong Hoon, and made him not just a character in a drama but a living breathing human being. 

Thank you so much, Lee Sun Kyun-nim, for your hard work and sincere efforts...

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

It's such a bittersweet thing watching My Ajusshi take home the big prize. I am so damn proud. To win against the blockbuster Mr. Sunshine and the very recent mega hit Sky Castle, especially when this show finished its run almost exactly a year ago, was no small miracle. I thought the win in the 2nd Seoul Awards a few months ago had a little bit to do with the fact Mr. Sunshine was not even nominated. But last night proved that this show has made a deep impact on the Korean viewers as well. Wow!!

But Lee Seon Kyun lost to Lee Byung Hyun again!!! :angry: I get the award giving body tried to spread the love around (not really, but whatever), but I am very upset that LSK did not get to be formally recognized for his Park Dong Hoon in the form of an acting award. :bawling::bawling: :bawling:   But big congrats to Park Hae Young to take home the only other award they were able to give to our show.

I knew the Baeksang would be the last official hurrah for My Ajusshi, and that's the bittersweet part for me. I guess I should try harder to move on, too. :tears:

Image result for ì´ì 균

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

Congratulation My Ahjussi! Best Drama and Best Script and also popularity award for IU. Thank you for being my muse more than 1 year. I still feel the warmth that left by My Ahjussi in my heart until now. Lastly, thank you all for your beautiful insights and discussion in this thread.

PS: do you have any current drama reccomandation that has active soompi forum like my ahjussi? I find almost all drama only have page less than 50. Thank you.

• Like 6