Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Even today, when I feel down or confused or just have too many thoughts in my mind, I watch a clip or two from My Ahjussi to clear my head. In an instant my mind relaxes, I breathe easier.

So today I came across this clip, one of many small but significant moments, what sparks Jung Hee’s change: when she realizes the hurt she has felt all these years in fact caused even greater hurt to someone else. The ensemble acting, directing and scriptwriting is just perfect.

• Like 6

"My Ajusshi" is a masterpiece, especially the script, the camera work and the acting. I've rewatched the drama 2-3 times, although I always skip the final episode, because I can't stand open endings. If it didn't finish with an open ending, it could've been my favorite drama of all time.

• Like 6

On 6/10/2019 at 11:30 PM, ann04 said:

Nice to see a lot of people are back :)  I visited Korea a few days ago and managed to go to a fee of the filming sites of My Ahjussi. It felt surreal seeing it in person :tears:  I especially loved the railway line and the special bar they spent a lot of their time together in. 

I went to where the coffee shop was but I think it’s shut down already from the looks of it. There were two other coffee shops in what seem to be in place of that one ☹️.

I managed to take a picture of where they shook hands though.

Seeing the actual filming sites in person gave me a new perspective, in terms of how intentional the details the director put in the drama were.

Where they shook hands and walked their separate ways, I saw how the pedestrian lights werent really facing the camera. Meaning it must have been captured at such an angle to show that changing of the red man into the green walking man. 

Thank you @ann04 for sharing about your trip to Korea and the "pilgrimage" too! Wow you were at the place where they shook hands! The railway! The special bar! I wish I could go there too and take a few pictures and retrace their footsteps. When I was younger and starry-eyed, I used to "retrace" the footsteps of mad poets on some famous street I knew they had walked down before. Where have those days gone? My Ahjusshi awakened something in me to be real again.

On 7/2/2019 at 12:48 PM, justamom said:

Here's my review of Parasite! I posted a link to Give Me Slippers and mentioned My Ahjussi as well.

https://xfiatlux.wordpress.com/2019/07/02/parasite-movie-review/

Thank you for sharing the review, receiving bluray and script, and your thoughts again @justamom, looking forward to more of the things you are writing. That clip you posted could have just been another bar scene, but it was totally sublime. The whole of Episode 14, ending with "Lee Ji an, Lee Ji an, call me" was sublime.

@widala I laughed when seeing we are celebrating dear ahjusshi's birthday! Let's hope we can celebrate it every year!

@sadiesmith he loves her!!!!!:w00t: Thanks for posting those videos.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, oldschooler said:

nk you @ann04 for sharing about your trip to Korea and the "pilgrimage" too! Wow you were at the place where they shook hands! The railway! The special bar! I wish I could go there too and take a few pictures and retrace their footsteps. When I was younger and starry-eyed, I used to "retrace" the footsteps of mad poets on some famous street I knew they had walked down before. Where have those days gone? My Ahjusshi awakened something in me to be real again.

If you ever get a chance, it would be amazing to visit! I even saw a couple of young guys taking a picture of the railway place too. I dont know if its because of the drama too but it definitely isn’t a place you’d just stumble into! But it was so beautiful. Hearing the warning sounds when the barriers come down transported me back to the drama. Plus the neighbourhood was just so nice and peaceful in general. It was like a cozy haven inside a bustling city. I hope you get to visit one day :)

• Like 5

20 hours ago, oldschooler said:

@widala I laughed when seeing we are celebrating dear ahjusshi's birthday! Let's hope we can celebrate it every year!

Haha yes...

I've been planning to celebrate our favorite Ahjussi since I found out his birthday.

But because of my busy schedule, I almost missed it! I just gotten to remember it a few days before, and thankfully I managed to put together the celebration clip :D

The funny thing was some people thought it was Lee Sun Kyun's birthday :sweatingbullets:

• Like 5

OMG there are still people lurking around here… And I never managed to read all the comments, but I have the thread open in my cellphone!! 

I don´t comment often, but I love you all, guys...Thanks so much for loving this drama so much as me! 

Kisses to everybody!!! 

Sadiesmith, you are great! 

• Like 4

Lol tvN using My Mister to promote Hotel Del Luna. Be sure to watch Hotel Del Luna everyone:)

• Like 6

Hey Everyone!!!

Seems like everyone is doing well. Although we have move on we are still cherishing the memories of MA.

Has anyone seen IU/Lee Jieun's new drama 'Hotel Del Luna' yet?

I watched the first two episodes and I felt that the writer was giving hidden nods to 'My Ahjussi'.

There are scenes where:

1) The full moon is featured (hotel del luna) --------- 'My Moon'

2) Main characters have a meaningful subway ride --------------- all those subway rides in MA

3) IU's character asks to 'be taken out to eat' ----- 'buy me food' in MA

4) the main characters are in a restaurant but we see them through a window ------ DH and JA in their special restaurant

5) IU's character buys shoes for male character -------------- 'Buy me slippers'

6) ghost wears dark sunglasses (I thought it was IU wearing sunglasses at first) --------------- JA with sunglasses in the office

7) IU's character tells male character to take subway #4 ------------------- subway station 4 in or near Hugye

8) Main characters walk together at night through quiet neighborhood street ------------ oh those special walks home

LJE's character is strong and is playing with YJG's naive character. Strong like JA but more playful. It is like watching a mature JA toy with an innocent and younger DH.

Now if I see signal lights, bugging a cellphone or a little van tipping over then I know the writer is sending signals honoring 'My Ahjussi'!

Like many of you I hope LJE and LSK act together again soon. In the meantime I'll imagine LSK has transformed into YJG in Hotel Del Luna.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

My Ahjussi ASMR

Bring back all the feels again :bawling:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Time when you listening a song...get mixed feelings and missed them

To everyone who cherish them So much:heart:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

By just remembered you felt between happy, sad and solace.

Unbeatable depth story, beautiful relationship and amazing chemistry ever...

My Mister an aesthetic Masterpieces drama..

The feelings i couldn't fill with another drama yet:sweat:

:tears:

• Like 6

Hello everyone! It's been awhile, but I still think of My Ajusshi a lot. If you enjoy geeking out on classical music like me, here's a treat for you:

• Like 7

On 7/24/2019 at 5:47 AM, widala said:

My Ahjussi ASMR

Bring back all the feels again :bawling:

Hello!!!  So I'm not the only one who can't get over this series. :)

Yesterday I decided to check out the video of their last scene at the cafe. When the opening notes of "An Ordinary Man" started to play as Lee Ji An stared at Park Dong Hoon and he stood up slowly, I felt my heart constrict. Really. It's still gives me a visceral reaction

I wish that LSK and LJE team up again in an equally compelling and subtle drama. They have such beautiful chemistry, the kind that would have spawned rumors of scandals and relationships if they had been closer in age and of the same status (I.e. if both were kpop idols) :rolleyes:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos, thanks! :)
  • Like 9