[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

8 hours ago, oldschooler said:

nk you @ann04 for sharing about your trip to Korea and the "pilgrimage" too! Wow you were at the place where they shook hands! The railway! The special bar! I wish I could go there too and take a few pictures and retrace their footsteps. When I was younger and starry-eyed, I used to "retrace" the footsteps of mad poets on some famous street I knew they had walked down before. Where have those days gone? My Ahjusshi awakened something in me to be real again.

If you ever get a chance, it would be amazing to visit! I even saw a couple of young guys taking a picture of the railway place too. I dont know if its because of the drama too but it definitely isn’t a place you’d just stumble into! But it was so beautiful. Hearing the warning sounds when the barriers come down transported me back to the drama. Plus the neighbourhood was just so nice and peaceful in general. It was like a cozy haven inside a bustling city. I hope you get to visit one day :)

• Like 6

20 hours ago, oldschooler said:

@widala I laughed when seeing we are celebrating dear ahjusshi's birthday! Let's hope we can celebrate it every year!

Haha yes...

I've been planning to celebrate our favorite Ahjussi since I found out his birthday.

But because of my busy schedule, I almost missed it! I just gotten to remember it a few days before, and thankfully I managed to put together the celebration clip :D

The funny thing was some people thought it was Lee Sun Kyun's birthday :sweatingbullets:

• Like 6

OMG there are still people lurking around here… And I never managed to read all the comments, but I have the thread open in my cellphone!! 

I don´t comment often, but I love you all, guys...Thanks so much for loving this drama so much as me! 

Kisses to everybody!!! 

Sadiesmith, you are great! 

• Like 5

Hey Everyone!!!

Seems like everyone is doing well. Although we have move on we are still cherishing the memories of MA.

Has anyone seen IU/Lee Jieun's new drama 'Hotel Del Luna' yet?

I watched the first two episodes and I felt that the writer was giving hidden nods to 'My Ahjussi'.

There are scenes where:

1) The full moon is featured (hotel del luna) --------- 'My Moon'

2) Main characters have a meaningful subway ride --------------- all those subway rides in MA

3) IU's character asks to 'be taken out to eat' ----- 'buy me food' in MA

4) the main characters are in a restaurant but we see them through a window ------ DH and JA in their special restaurant

5) IU's character buys shoes for male character -------------- 'Buy me slippers'

6) ghost wears dark sunglasses (I thought it was IU wearing sunglasses at first) --------------- JA with sunglasses in the office

7) IU's character tells male character to take subway #4 ------------------- subway station 4 in or near Hugye

8) Main characters walk together at night through quiet neighborhood street ------------ oh those special walks home

LJE's character is strong and is playing with YJG's naive character. Strong like JA but more playful. It is like watching a mature JA toy with an innocent and younger DH.

Now if I see signal lights, bugging a cellphone or a little van tipping over then I know the writer is sending signals honoring 'My Ahjussi'!

Like many of you I hope LJE and LSK act together again soon. In the meantime I'll imagine LSK has transformed into YJG in Hotel Del Luna.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2019 at 5:47 AM, widala said:

My Ahjussi ASMR

Bring back all the feels again :bawling:

Hello!!!  So I'm not the only one who can't get over this series. :)

Yesterday I decided to check out the video of their last scene at the cafe. When the opening notes of "An Ordinary Man" started to play as Lee Ji An stared at Park Dong Hoon and he stood up slowly, I felt my heart constrict. Really. It's still gives me a visceral reaction

I wish that LSK and LJE team up again in an equally compelling and subtle drama. They have such beautiful chemistry, the kind that would have spawned rumors of scandals and relationships if they had been closer in age and of the same status (I.e. if both were kpop idols) :rolleyes:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos, thanks! :)
  • Like 9

Hey, everyone. Still miss you all.

I guess I'll never stop missing this show.

So who's watching Hotel Del Luna?

I'm passively watching it, and passively enjoying it. I love the bursts of cuteness from I.U., and her wacky humor, and I'm happy that she's in a big, buzzy hit show.

And I love her outfits. How flippin' gorgeous does she look?

That's about it, for now. Everyone, be well.

• Like 8
  • Love 1