[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

54 minutes ago, noor1 said:

Lee Sun-Kyun (Park Dong-Hoon) in TvN last BTS of show: I hope that from now on, the many Lee Ji-An’s and Park Dong-Hoon’s in the world can communicate, comfort each other, and cheer each other on, I hope our society becomes more like that. Thank you

I think he was just being general, even in the vlive they never disclosed much about what's the main concept of this show, since the Korean audience was never receptive to the romantic theme for this drama. 

I think everyone has their different take on the ending. And tbh, dramabeans recappers from day 1 have voiced pretty loudly [even they didn't acknowledge ji an's feeling for dong hoon], that there is no love here, no romance here, some even said dong hoon will get back with his wife. And I strongly disagree with this statement. Whether western ideologies or different mindset or whatever, I have come to terms with their polar opposite pov to the reactions I see here. And it's totally fine. And since the writer has kept so many things subtle, we have to look more than once to see the meaning. 

In the end, everyone will perceive the ending like they want to, but a recapper's job is to recap any show, their take on any story can't be taken as a final opinion or the gospel truth since that authority only belongs to the writer like I keep saying lol sorry. Which is why I truly wish someone takes the writer's interview and we finally get to the end of this mystery. 

But the clues have been planted, and we see where the steps take us, so whether it's NOT romantic love or is one, we can't definitely say. But we can sure hope I guess. But I would certainly not want you to pull out your hair analyzing this mystery anymore. If you are at peace with the conclusion you have reached, fair enough haha.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, nearsea said:

I think he was just being general, even in the vlive they never disclosed much about what's the main concept of this show, since the Korean audience was never receptive to the romantic theme for this drama. 

I think everyone has their different take on the ending. And tbh, dramabeans recappers from day 1 have voiced pretty loudly [even they didn't acknowledge ji an's feeling for dong hoon], that there is no love here, no romance here, some even said dong hoon will get back with his wife. And I strongly disagree with this statement. Whether western ideologies or different mindset or whatever, I have come to terms with their polar opposite pov to the reactions I see here. And it's totally fine. And since the writer has kept so many things subtle, we have to look more than once to see the meaning. 

In the end, everyone will perceive the ending like they want to, but a recapper's job is to recap any show, their take on any story can't be taken as a final opinion or the gospel truth since that authority only belongs to the writer like I keep saying lol sorry. Which is why I truly wish someone takes the writer's interview and we finally get to the end of this mystery. 

But the clues have been planted, and we see where the steps take us, so whether it's NOT romantic love or is one, we can't definitely say. But we can sure hope I guess. But I would certainly not want you to pull out your hair analyzing this mystery anymore. If you are at peace with the conclusion you have reached, fair enough haha.

Of course LSK was being general.  Not only because the drama tried to appeal to everybody, but also for personal reasons.  After all he had been the target of unnecessary hate and criticism just because of his being cast opposite a twenty-something actress.  

Like you, I firmly believe the writer had romance in mind, and there have been countless subtle hints throughout the show's run.  The director had to be creative in his execution because otherwise a good story without an audience achieves nothing.  So they went with subtleties.  In the end, they were able to tell their beautiful story without ruffling too many feathers.  The open ending really is the beginning of whatever you want it to be.  I myself prefer that the production team had more guts to go all the way, but they had a lot to lose by doing so.  So they are leaving it up to viewers to create their own ending.

As for me, I am thankful that there are fanfics out there to give me the endings I want. :lol:

• Like 8
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

I myself prefer that the production team had more guts to go all the way, but they had a lot to lose by doing so.  So they are leaving it up to viewers to create their own ending.

So true lol, maybe the rating wouldn't increase that much if we got our happy ending haha. 

35 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

Like you, I firmly believe the writer had romance in mind, and there have been countless subtle hints throughout the show's run.  The director had to be creative in his execution because otherwise a good story without an audience achieves nothing.  So they went with subtleties. 

Exactly. I think we need to trust our gut feelings. If that conviction came to mind, that means it has a valid reason. Like how @justamom  said, it's a classic method of storytelling, show not tell. 

• Like 11

9 hours ago, h2ogirl said:

@Sharine Phinisia @ninaanin   @h2ogirl @sadiesmith @berny 

@Sharine Phinisia @ninaanin @h2ogirl @sadiesmith @berny @aisling Asked why engineer dong hoon avoids the bar..... 

Engineer Dong Hoon probably avoids going to the bar on the advice of his wife Lawyer Yoon Hee, who is acting as Lee Ji-an attorney.  it would be very improper for him to show up at the dwelling of a witness/defendant in a crime against Engineer Dong Hoon and the corporation.  that is why during the mid part of episode 16, we see him working in his office with the three musketeers invading his office space, just before ji-an calls him about grand-ma's passing.  Of course with her death, he feels obliged to help with funeral arrangement since no one else really could do  it.  At that point her trouble with getting director Park fired, was over since he did not press charge, but we still have to deal with the he says-she says matter with CEO.

Lawyer Yoon Hee probably told Ji-an also to avoid seeing Engineer Dong Hoon at all cost, short of an emergency, because she was in legal limbo...since she erased everything that would help convict CEO (she did not want the affair to be found out, lest it hurts Engineer Dong Hoon's reputation).  Since she did confess to wire tapping, she was in big trouble, unless she can prove that she was working the CEO.  Up to then he denied everything.

She would probably have gone to prison if it wasn't for her loan shark friend who has a change of mind after hearing

about how important he was in her life, while they were still living as street urchins (the three of them), and he carried her home after his father beat her up.... Engineer Dong Hoon told her that all of this is the fault of a bad adult... Loan Shark was very affect by that and became Ji-an's savior at the end.  By sending those recordings from GAME BOY (he was the third street urchin) computer to the office, CEO lies were exposed and that was his end!

Later, at the point when THE PAIR said goodbye for the 2nd time, she said that she was still on trial but was  allowed to go work in Pusan.

Of course by their last meeting, her legal trouble appeared to have been resolved.

PS:  Note that Jian was prepared to go to prison to protect Engineer Dong Hoon's wify secret.   Then, Ji-an decided to move on, knowing how important this old haunt is to him... that is where he meets his friends and family.   They are like that, she gives without question, and he reciprocates.

These points  show how FORMIDABLE is the writer for My Mister.  She probably consulted some lawyers, before writing it this way. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Of course LSK was being general.  Not only because the drama tried to appeal to everybody, but also for personal reasons.  After all he had been the target of unnecessary hate and criticism just because of his being cast opposite a twenty-something actress.  

Like you, I firmly believe the writer had romance in mind, and there have been countless subtle hints throughout the show's run.  The director had to be creative in his execution because otherwise a good story without an audience achieves nothing.  So they went with subtleties.  In the end, they were able to tell their beautiful story without ruffling too many feathers.  The open ending really is the beginning of whatever you want it to be.  I myself prefer that the production team had more guts to go all the way, but they had a lot to lose by doing so.  So they are leaving it up to viewers to create their own ending.

As for me, I am thankful that there are fanfics out there to give me the endings I want. :lol:

@sadiesmith 

It seems like the war of shippers-shipless  goes on....  For the shippers it give angst that the final ending is still ambiguous.  this reader is almost 100% convince what the ending shall be and thus feel contented!

Let's look at the psychological profiles of the THE PAIR.

Engineer Dong Hoon... successful CEO tall, handsome for a 46 years old man so he should have lots of women chasing after him, wouldn't he??? 

BUT, people still think he is married (even if he is divorced, he probably told no one), he is not easily approachable, is picky in who he wants to be friendly with, is picky in who he wants to eat with, is very very picky in who he will tell his trouble, who he is willing to bare his soul..... 

Throughout his 46 years, he confessed his inner thought to ONE person... and that person is not a lawyer.   In fact, the only reason he even confess anything about his inner self, was due to a unique initial curiosity,  vague attraction, pity, gratitude when he was caught in the entrapment, then recognition of the like-minded, a sense of shared solace, and finally familiarity, dependency and need for each other's company... and even with that person, his confession was reluctant, or accidental through wire tapping.

This reader ask soompians if based on what you have known about Ajusshi, is it likely for him to run into a SECOND person who he would share his inner thought?

Ajusshi does not accept failure easily, but he failed, miserably with his matrimony.  Is he likely to go out and seek matrimony with another stranger, based on his introvert, private personality?  or would he raises formidable barriers to the entry of any other female into his private life?... unless she is some one he knows, whom he is comfortable with?  An older ajusshi cannot be taught new trick.

Lee Ji-an the waif is 22 years old, but believes she is 30,000 years old due to the great suffering in her young life, where she has to do unsavory things to survive.  She even eats people left over like a dog.  She is suspicious of people and is withdrawn because of her experience, but also because she is innately introverted.  She does not interact well with people.  She has changed some what, and now started to open up to people, socializing with coworkers and even going out to get coffee with them. 

Does that mean that she will now change her personality completely and becomes an outgoing social young woman?  Will she, like many young females, concentrate her free time in going shopping for shoes, clothes, jewelry, hairstyle,...young men?   Does her new and improved look, seems different from her old self (with pony tail, jean and shirt)?

She is pretty and shy and there will be plenty of young men who will court her won't they?

Is she likely to see young men in a good light, or not?  Will they seem fascinating, as they talk about sports, and drinks and having fun etc..... or will they seem immature (especially for a 30,000 years woman living in a 22 years old body) and frivolous?...especially after what she has gone through in life.  Will she think it is ok, if her young date, eats half of his food, then nonchalantly throw the rest away, remembering how she used to lick people's left over like a dog?... or he curses impatiently at some infirmed older person crossing the street slowly, with the traffic light turning green?  ... or the countless other interactions she could have with these young men, all the while comparing these interactions with others that she has had in the past with mature adults (men and women).

It is most probable that she will find most young men frivolous and not worthy to socialize.  Even if she becomes infatuate with one due to his look, after a while, unless he is a very serious and relatively unique young man, the infatuation will vanish.

So we are back to the beginning....   Two wounded souls were set free to roam, to heal and to seek happiness.  One definitely won't find happiness unless it is with the one person he is comfortable with.  The other may seek (and may even find a temporary mate) but ultimately will not be satisfied with most anyone... since her specifications have been set too narrow.

So two wounded but now healed souls will do their walk-about (Australian aborigines saying where young people wander the world to gain maturity) and find the outside world wanting, and probably will wander back to their root, their beginning......

@sadiesmith so to answer your question "why is a handshake a good thing?"   our logic tell us that at the end THE PAIR WILL BE AT THE BEGINNING since their standards are unacceptably stringent!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, noor1 said:

So this scene shows what they'd do and did when they really did meet after some time apart. He was happy, she was shy. They are both flourishing as individuals and as professionals. Both don't know what else to say. And soon enough it is time to say bye - at which point Mr. Passive says 'let's shake hands, just once' - indicating he thinks this is the last time they'll meet so they may as well part on a formal goodbye. He holds it a bit too tightly though. And says 'thanks' (for all that she did for him). So technically, unless and until Ji-An asked him out for meal (dinner) he would have just left - remember, he had only invited her to the office. (seriously, I don't know how this guy got married the first time!)

I apologize for nitpicking, and I'm not disagreeing with your post, which I found very insightful, but I need to point out that that's a case of misleading subtitles. He says "우리 악수 한번 하자." That's just saying "Let's have a handshake." If he meant JUST once, then he would say something like "딱 한번 하자" or "한번만 하자".

Final edit: Likewise, Ji-an also says 한번 ("once") when she says she'll buy him something good to eat. 한번 technically does mean "once" or "one time", but it shouldn't always be taken literally. It's more of a "filler word" so to speak.

Edited by brose_stv
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 14

11 hours ago, fauna said:

I’m not surprised that she thinks of him as her best partner. She had such high praise for him and his acting.

https://twitter.com/IUteamstarcandy/status/971344498809741312?s=20

Reveal hidden contents

“I have come to realize lots of things through the process of filming alongside Lee Sun Gyun sunbaenim on the set of ‘My Mister’. His passion is exceptional. Not only did he pull off tons of scenes that required different levels of emotions, he was scrupulous in checking every detail like each scripted line or something as trivial as a fingerprint. I learned a lot from the offscreen side of him.” - Actress Lee Jieun (IU)

@berny @fauna  LJE probably found an acting mentor and coach in LSK.  I’ve seen her in Scarlet Heart and although I didn’t finish it, I saw her potential.  But her acting was on a whole new level in MA.  Since she had to play off against him in a lot of scenes, he probably helped her in internalizing Ji An and shared acting techniques.  Is he an acting major?

• Like 11

34 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

@berny @fauna  LJE probably found an acting mentor and coach in LSK.  I’ve seen her in Scarlet Heart and although I didn’t finish it, I saw her potential.  But her acting was on a whole new level in MA.  Since she had to play off against him in a lot of scenes, he probably helped her in internalizing Ji An and shared acting techniques.  Is he an acting major?

Like Park Ho Sun and Song Sae Byuk (the brothers) Lee Seon Gyun started off in musical theater. And studied Performing Arts. But of course—that voice!!!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, justamom said:

Like Park Ho Sun and Song Sae Byuk (the brothers) Lee Seom Gyun started off in musical theater. And studied Performing Arts. But of course—that voice!!!!

@justamom ah that explains the skill.  And the way he is able to use his whole body to act.  There are times he merely acts with his eyes, a slight twitch of his eyebrow, or a slight smile.  And most of the time, he just acts with the sound of his breathing or his voicenor his footsteps (which Ji An loved :) ).  No wonder the director had a lot of scenes where the camera was focused on his face and there are no other background sounds with him in it, except for the incidental ones like the train engine or people talking in the street.  PD was maximizing his lead actor’s skill in highly nuanced acting. 

It was very fortunate that he was LJE’s partner here.  Not to downplay her innate talent because she has it but admittedly she still has a long way to go.  So it really did help that she worked with someone like LSK who’s highly talented and skilled.  Whatever flak she may have gotten from naysayers of her previous acting projects are probably stewing in their little corners now.  She was brilliant as Ji An.  

I’m sure many years from now, their characters in My Mister will go down in KDrama history as their most iconic roles. :)

Maybe LJE should consider following in her sunbae-nim’s footsteps and go into theater too. :)

• Like 17

8 hours ago, noor1 said:

HOWEVER, I'll have to disagree - even though trust me, I really really hope and wish you are right. BUT listen, remember, when DH told Ji-An (in that 'what did you do with my slippers' conversation) that he is the type of person who would meet anyone warmly once he had gotten to know them and their family and even if he met her 10 or 20 years later, he would greet her warmly and be happy to know she is doing well. 

So this scene shows what they'd do and did when they really did meet after some time apart. He was happy, she was shy. They are both flourishing as individuals and as professionals. Both don't know what else to say. And soon enough it is time to say bye - at which point Mr. Passive says 'let's shake hands, just once' - indicating he thinks this is the last time they'll meet so they may as well part on a formal goodbye. He holds it a bit too tightly though. And says 'thanks' (for all that she did for him). So technically, unless and until Ji-An asked him out for meal (dinner) he would have just left - remember, he had only invited her to the office. (seriously, I don't know how this guy got married the first time!)

The grateful DH, the nostalgic DH, looks down at their hands again. He is grateful that they can meet again, like they used to before.

That's all there is to it. He did his part, she did hers. The voice over says 'did you find comfort' (live up to your name) and she responds 'yes'. He''s happy she's doing well. And she's happy that the accidental meet-up went well. Mission Accomplished. 

@noor1  I 100% agree with all that you said. :)

I absolutely adore this drama for its enormous heart.  As if it wants to defy conventional boxing of relationships and feelings and shout out loud that YES, it does happen, two hurt people find and give each other the strength to hang on to come out of the abyss. Till the end, I am happy to see their friendship survives on the strength of his principles, how his kindness and decency eventually move everyone to pay forward and even rise above themselves to be better.  It's more than the flutter of a butterfly's wings.  It's a call to answer that we can make a difference, that kindness matter, that in the tough world that we live at the moment, such a pure positive thing exists.  

For people like Ji-an, just know that you don't have to suffer forever for your mistakes, to realize that simple act of kindness is not overrated.  I teared up at Sang Hoon's generosity, heck, I laughed through tears when the two brothers savor their dreams with sunglasses on the bus.  Though no fancy sports car to live up to the dream vacation, Sang Hoon unexpectedly experienced the most wonderful time at the funeral of all places.  It was brilliant writing to give Sang Hoon the perfect stage to show JiAn what random kindness is about.  For a man who stole money at his own child's wedding, the same man who loves money more than life, giving it up to help a homeless girl pays respect to her grandma is just simply who he is.  It's just so true to his empathic nature.  It's true that a man's heart is not matched by his wallet.

I also love love how everything DH said that night to JiAn was all unfold beautifully in the script by the end.  She bought him his slippers again.  Because they are friends, as he promised, he will be at her grandma's funerals. He won't forget their friendships so they will greet each other warmly if they ever cross paths again which he surely did with the biggest longest smile.  For DH, he is just beaming with smile seeing a beautiful young lady.  For JiAn, it's touching to see that she was able to do what halmoni has advised.  To repay DH's kindness, to show that it was not in vain, by living well.  I think there was no better way for both to thank each other for bringing them back to living.

I agree, it was closure for a grateful DH, who did not have any contact from JiAn after she left, to see with his own eyes that she is doing well.  It was DH beaming with pride and happiness.  The look back from DH when they walked away was nostalgic and wistful.  For JiAn, I thought it was happiness to see him again without any remorse or guilt but as friends.  She too is happy to see a different happy man.  

That was a perfect ending.  Surely a drama that is dear and unforgettable to my heart.  Lovely.

• Like 15

13 hours ago, akhenaten said:

@ccl82  tVN has english subs?  Could you PM me the link?  :)

This is tvN channel on a Malaysian TV service. They almost always have missing lines, but going by how others here translated the dialogue, I would say, tvN did justice to the scene.

12 hours ago, Sharine Phinisia said:

That grandma's scene left me in tears. Especially when I imagine facing those who i held dear lifeless in that bed. DH hesitates before patting (touching) her trembling shoulders and help her to stand up. It is not shown, but it seems like DH's wiping his tears when Jian said that they should meet again later.

TBH, I feel it was LSK was the one who cried, not DH. Coz the character did not - and really, had no reason to - during the entire funeral scene. 

11 hours ago, h2ogirl said:

@Sharine Phinisia Here are some answers:

For me personally, from two povs:

JA's - "He's not gonna come here anymore coz I make him uncomfortable with my constant 'I like you, I like your voice, etc'". She always brought up her insecurity too (are you embarrassed of me/ am I making you uncomfortable/ r u gonna say 'ok that'll be all and leave me?', etc.), which to me, sounds like she didn't fully understand just how much she means to him. See ahjussi, that's why you should have made it super clear! 

DH's - Lord knows what I'm gonna do if I go there; that's danger zone man! Plus, at the rate of which I'm staring at her and talking in codes in front of everybody, they will all know and I will never hear the end of it from SH, KH... 

1 hour ago, brose_stv said:

I apologize for nitpicking, and I'm not disagreeing with your post, which I found very insightful, but I need to point out that that's a case of misleading subtitles. He says "우리 악수 한번 하자." That's just saying "Let's have a handshake." If he meant JUST once, then he would say something like "딱 한번 하자" or "한번만 하자".

These damn subtitles...

• Like 13
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

I agree, it was closure for a grateful DH, who did not have any contact from JiAn after she left, to see with his own eyes that she is doing well.  It was DH beaming with pride and happiness.  The look back from DH when they walked away was nostalgic and wistful.  For JiAn, I thought it was happiness to see him again without any remorse or guilt but as friends.  She too is happy to see a different happy man.  

That was a perfect ending.  Surely a drama that is dear and unforgettable to my heart.  Lovely.

The way you described the ending is just beautiful. 

It's really amazing how up until the end this drama still keeps the debate and discussion going between the shippers and non-shippers. That just shows how layered this drama really is.

Seeing the final scene from my non-romance perspective, DH's request for a handshake (physical contact) and his ear to ear smile might seem out of place and support the idea of "romance" between the two. But for me that's not the case at all. This is few years ever since their last encounter. DH has evolved to be a happier figure. You can even see a huge change in his figure of speech to his friend at the cafe. The stoic and passive DH is long gone. So him smiling this hard is actually still in character and I do think the reason of his huge smile is gratitude and excitement, because he can finally see with his own eyes that JA (who has changed his life) has finally lived happily and found comfort. That's why he said thanks. Thanks for not only changing his life but also hers for the better.

DH's second shy smile after JA offered to share a meal with him is because he can be rest assured that their bond will still continue, even after they have moved on with their lives. Imagine, if JA didn't offer to share a meal and call him, this last scene will probably be their final encounter with each other (that's why I guess he offered a hand shake, as a form of formal goodbye, coz he thought they would never meet again). I'm rooting for their precious and one of a kind relationship to go on.

It's up to the viewers to decide how far their bond will evolve in the future. As for me, I think they will stay as kindred spirits, meet from time to time, and support each other from the sidelines.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

All the reasons why 'My Ahjussi' was a life drama

0000212895_001_20180518145720513.jpg
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-19%2Bat%2B9.06.35%2BPM.png
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-19%2Bat%2B9.06.27%2BPM.png
Original Source (enews24 via Naver): Finale, all the reasons why 'My Ahjussi' was a life drama

The final episode recorded an average rating of 7.4% and the highest rating the episode recorded was 8.8%. The drama ranked in first place in ratings for the shows aired at the same time (this included shows on public broadcast channels). Especially for men and women in their 10s to 50s, the drama was ranked in 1st place in ratings for the shows aired at the same time, the drama received a lot of interest until the very end. 

In this episode, there were a lot of changes for Lee Ji An (Lee Ji Eun). With the help of Park Dong Hoon (Lee Sun Kyun) and Kang Yoon Hee (Lee Ji Ah), Ji An was able to resolve the issues associated with her wiretapping Dong Hoon's phone but Bong Ae (Son Sook), who was Ji An's only family, passed away - which brought a lot of sadness to Ji An. But the reliable adults of the neighborhood were by Ji An's side and for the first time, she realized that she wasn't alone. And then she gladly started her new life. 

Then a few years later, Dong Hoon and Ji An were doing their best to work towards their own happiness. Ji An was working to live a life that resembled the meaning of her name - "to reach comfort". 

To the drama's warm ending, viewers reacted with: "Is there a happy ending where this much lingering remains?", "During that time, I was happy because of Dong Hoon, Ji An, and the neighborhood people. Go off, comfortably.", "This was a drama that really made me want to become a good adult. Thank you.", "I feel like this is going to be a drama that I won't be able to forget in this life time, that I won't forget.", and "The whole time while I was watching, the time was touching and I was able to be comforted. I'm going to be happy no matter what". The viewers also expressed their sadness on sending off Dong Hoon and Ji An and positive reactions. 

The article's writer decided to look back on the things 'My Ahjussi' left behind by telling the story of people surviving in this world and how to achieve comfort in life. 

1. Actors who've written new life characters 

2. The birth of a life drama that told the story of a 'person'.

• The writer wrote that this is a drama where the stories that were told were stories people were able to relate to. 
3. The way to live life to reach comfort 

• During the 9 week journey, what 'My Ahjussi' showed us was that it's not about a life that's fancy or where you reach the top but that even if your life is ruined, it's alright, a ruined but happy life - it can be tough for anyone and sometimes it can be a hellish life but, if you have just one person on your side who tells you "It's nothing" (t/n: as in don't fret too much over it) then it's a life that's worth enduring. 
'My Ahjussi' said that if you want to be happy and reach comfort in this world, you need people. The last words Bong Ae left on how to live a happy life: "It's quite a good relationship. And a precious relationship. If you look carefully, all relationships are interesting and precious." 

1. [+1869, -104] There's no need for words. Masterpiece drama "My Ahjussi"

2. [+785, -27] It's a good drama, a really good drama, really!!!

3. [+525, -19] The two months I spent with 'My Ahjussi' was the warmest in my life. I hope the actors and production crew of 'My Ahjussi' do well for the rest of their lives.

4. [+379, -24] Because it was 'My Ahjussi' itself....it was a drama that comforted life 

5. [+278, -11] Wow they really raised their ratings ㅎㅎ the highest rating was 8.8 ㄷㄷ

6. [+155, -8] From now on, I'm not going to remember Won Bin when it comes to ahjussi but Lee Sun Kyun. This is the rediscovery of Lee Sun Kyun and Lee Ji Eun. I became a fan. (t/n: 'Ahjussi' is a really popular, well-made movie that Won Bin was the lead in and his character was just called "ahjussi" by child actor Kim Sae Ron, who was his co-star)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Could someone link me to the audio recording of DH saying "You are good" or sth to that effect? Also, if there are any fansites around for Lee Seon Kyun, I would love to follow them! Thanks

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mylovelystar said:

Sorry can't delete the above videos.

OMG that to me is the clearest sign of the writer's intent. Translation of the two TVN tweets below:

헉 지안이가 내 심장 뚜까 패고 감(심쿵)
이대로 로코 하나 찍읍시다 예?

Ji An making my heart race (moved)

Shall we continue shooting a romantic comedy from here?

[나의 아저씨 엔딩] “지안, 편안함에 이르렀나?”
이 여운 어떡해...

"Ji An, have you reached comfort?"

What can we do (where do we go), with that lingering thought?

MWAHAHAHAHA. Shippers!! :lol:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 9
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 3