UPDATE: Forum update on 5th september 2017

CamelKnight

Question

Update on the update :D 

As you can see we've done some major changes to get things going. The default theme is now the Soompi theme so you can react, like and what-have-you all you like, no matter in which theme you are. If you're still experiencing problems, please post them here! We'll investigate and search for solutions while we "pretty things up" as @Hanyeoun said in his update on the announcement.

UPDATE:

We've noticed that most problems can be solved by taking these steps. Check if the problem exists after each step (there's no need to continue with the next step if the problem is solved):
- Hit CTRL+F5, it reloads the page from the server instead of using the cache from your browser.
- Clear cookies and internethistory. In most browsers you can search for cookies and history from a single site. You only need to remove those from soompi.com
- Try a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge)

If, after trying these steps, your problem still exists, please mail to help@soompi.com and add a screenshot of the error you're getting. The more info you provide, the easier it will be to solve your problems. So explain the error you get, when and where you get it and add that you've taken the above steps.
We're currently collecting more data to show the problems to our software developer to get things done quicker.
Thank you for your understanding and your patience.

END OF UPDATE

As you might have noticed, we had a forum update yesterday. 

I would kindly ask you to post below in this topic if you're missing something, if something's not working (correctly) or if something has changed and you can't find it. Please read through this first post before posting your issue. Chances are, your problem has already been logged. Together, we'll search for solutions to our problems. :) Thanks for your cooperation and understanding!

BTW: if you've found a work around to some of the problems listed, feel free to share! :) 

Changes we know about:
- It is no longer possible to like posts, though reputation points are still available Fix: switch to the default theme (bottom of the page). It allows you to "react" to a post. "Reactions" will come to the Soompi theme in one way or another. Stay safe people! :wink: Fixed. Liking, as well as other reaction possibilities, has been restored/added.
- The red color for notifications and mail has changed slightly to a darker tint. We're using a temporary theme/skin atm with different colors. Expect the new colors and theme to arrive soon.
- Quoting someone and/or editing the quote to remove unwanted pics or text will create extra lines, eventhough those were deleted Fixed
- Avatars are showing the first letter of the user
- Linespacing after hitting enter shows double lines. Fix: to work around this, hold CTRL while hitting Enter. You'll only move down one line. Fixed
- GIF/Image embedding seems wonky Fixed
- Colors for next pages (at the bottom of a thread/section) have changed, we'll look into if it's suitable or not This is related to the theme/skin and will be fixed when the new theme/skin is introduced
- No notification received for replies to your thread unless tagged in the post Fixed
- Tagging someone only works when typing slow so pace yourselves :) Fixed
- Embedding Instagram/twitter posts seems wonky Fixed
- Twitter embedding seems wonky Fixed
- New posts in a thread are shown with a black star instead of a blue star This is related to the theme/skin and will be fixed when the new theme/skin is introduced
- Mobile site seems to respond badly to requests to open pages, etc. Fixed
- Pages not loading or not loading properly. Fix: hit refresh (F5) or use CTRL+F5 to fetch the page from the server instead of digging around in your cacheFixed
- clicking on the page number if you are on the same page it won't re-load, pls use the 'refresh' on your browser to refresh the page you are on currently Fixed
- Typing a tagged name will give you a list of max 10 names, scrolling the list is not possible (so for instance @camel would only list 10 names, but not mine). Typing more characters will narrow the list, making the one you wanted to tag pop out eventually. 
- Some signatures may be messed up because they made use of code that worked in the previous version but haven't been restored yet. This will most likely be automatically fixed as soon as the new Soompi theme is active
- It is currently not possible to move your avatar/profile pic around. Previously it was possible to move it around so you could cut out things you didn't want it to show. Currently this is not possible.

Changes we don't know about:
- Yeah, this is where you come in :wink:

As we go along, we'll find solutions and implement those. We'll find workarounds and list them here. We'll also update the list of changes as we find out more :)
In the (fairly near) future there are some new and exciting options coming and this update is to prepare for that. In the mean time we'll have to work with what we've got so please bare with us :) 
If you have any questions, feedback or anything else you'd wish to share about this update, feel free to post it right here!

p.s. As this section of the forum handles questions, it's possible to select the best answer to the question posted in the first post. More votes (the up/down arrows to the left of a post) means it moves up. This is intended to find the correct answer to the question in the quickest manner. However, this suggests that new posts (if voted for) are posted above older posts. This is only a feature for this specific section though.

• Answers 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 hours ago, MyStars said:

I am in Florida where Hurricane Irma is threatening.  I will be happy to try this but maybe later.  I am not ignoring you.  I don't want to jeopardize my main browser until AFTER high winds, and lightning strikes, and power outages take their inevitable toll on electronics.  But after that, who knows?  Que sera, sera. :crazy:

Thank you again and again.  Soompi is keeping me grounded right now.

Wow! Stay safe! Hope you ride out this storm without too much damages to you and yours. I get why that's getting some priority :) Stay safe and let me know when you're ready to do some further investigation :) 

9 minutes ago, Angrybird62 said:

Now i can post in my forum but thank you.

Cool, no problem! :D 

Hi, I know this has been mentioned before, but I didn't really see an answer? I'm quite happy that you can "react" to posts when you switch to default mode, I also think that the spaces become less in default mode and reading easier. However, in default mode I cannot switch the pages. Will this be fixed? Personally I don't really need the many reactions, like is enough :wink: But I do need to be able to go back and forth in threads. Is there a possibility that we will be able to like AND switch pages or do we just switch back and forth between the themes? I guess it would work like that too but it's slightly bothersome.

Hi @rittoo

Thanks for your question. It will be fixed but for the time being, in default mode, if you could refresh your page, it loads quicker and you don't get that annoying loading message. It's only a quick solution until we get the forum bugs sorted out on both themes. 

I got Error EX0.  I found that it was coz I was mentioning @ a person.   Tried it on the new version and the old one,  and error message remained,     Had to delete the mention.  Hoping it is temporary. 

Thanks for the hard work Soompi forum guys,  and I hope your fixes are not too hard on you,  and the transition smooth. 

Tech Staff 

The updates that you guys did has screwed up the entire site.  Is it possible to rollback the changes, test the changes on a sandbox and incorporate couple of related relevant changes instead at a time; let it get tested on the main site and the next set of changes can then be incorporated.  

On 9/6/2017 at 6:57 AM, lavender2love said:

" Something went wrong ' ........ meaning can't post. Tried many times in different tabs. Wondering if it is applicable here. Giving it a heave ho here ..... !!!

EDIT...... it works here .... mighty safe zone thread.

Can someone help me please.... I am getting the same message Something went wrong Error Code ER0...... What to do?? 

I got the chance to post with plain text and then it happened again again.... :bawling: 

@lavender2love.... Chingu what I wrote to you only works once.... :bawling:

3 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

Tech Staff 

The updates that you guys did has screwed up the entire site.  Is it possible to rollback the changes, test the changes on a sandbox and incorporate couple of related relevant changes instead at a time; let it get tested on the main site and the next set of changes can then be incorporated.  

The update was done without us being notified about it, as posted in the Announcement and in the first post of this topic. If we had known, proper testing was done before release. 

38 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Can someone help me please.... I am getting the same message Something went wrong Error Code ER0...... What to do?? 

I got the chance to post with plain text and then it happened again again.... :bawling: 

Please try a different browser. Other users have been successfull using Firefox for instance. If you're already using that, try Chrome.

3 hours ago, hazeljrr_c922 said:

I got Error EX0.  I found that it was coz I was mentioning @ a person.   Tried it on the new version and the old one,  and error message remained,     Had to delete the mention.  Hoping it is temporary. 

Thanks for the hard work Soompi forum guys,  and I hope your fixes are not too hard on you,  and the transition smooth. 

Please try a different browser. Other users have been successfull using Firefox for instance. If you're already using that, try Chrome.

Thanks for the words of encouragement :) It's nice to see our efforts are being appreciated. We'll have the new theme with bugfixes in place as soon as possible!

Sure hope that Soompi doesn't have to pay for this upgrade fiasco, from Invision Power.   (More like Invasion. :tongue: )  

Are they even a real company? How can a real company hope to maintain credibility with its paying customer(s), by making changes/upgrade unannounced and totally willy-nilly? :blink: Sheesh

Thanks for the effort from everyone to give us back a workable version of Soompi. :)

we are having a bug in the form of a gif attack us!! help!!! (home > soompi interests > general discussion > add and subtract game)

okay, so someone posted a gif on a few pages back in the add and subtract thread and now every time someone posts, that gif gets stuck in their post. unless they physically edit it out themselves via the editor, the gif shows up even though they haven't added it themselves. can the tech support please look into it? there seems to be a bug and it looks like the gif has become part of the loop codes because it keeps popping up in every single post.  it is highly distracting and extremely annoying. I HATE that gif right now!!!! furious-smiley.gif?1292867601

Please help.

It happened twice to me already and i have no idea why. When writing and posting (my long posts are often the target) my words get replaces with symbols i have no idea of like this:

<@>
¶¼ÂÈ <@>

¶¼ÂÈÎ ìòøþ

(. LRX^d ¬²¸¾Ä âè 06DJP ntz ¤ª ÈÎ ìòø " @FLRX^d  ¦¬² ÐÖÜâ $*`f; ¢¨®´ ÒØ öü

<

>

< ¦¬²¸¾ÄÊÐÖÜâèîôú="06DJPV\bhntz="ÔÚàæì://

i have no idea why it is doing that to me. I clear the cache and cookies already:(and what is it?

20 hours ago, Lmangla said:

we are having a bug in the form of a gif attack us!! help!!! (home > soompi interests > general discussion > add and subtract game)

okay, so someone posted a gif on a few pages back in the add and subtract thread and now every time someone posts, that gif gets stuck in their post. unless they physically edit it out themselves via the editor, the gif shows up even though they haven't added it themselves. can the tech support please look into it? there seems to be a bug and it looks like the gif has become part of the loop codes because it keeps popping up in every single post.  it is highly distracting and extremely annoying. I HATE that gif right now!!!! furious-smiley.gif?1292867601

I believe the super annoying pic in question has been removed..... :D

5 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Please help.

It happened twice to me already and i have no idea why. When writing and posting (my long posts are often the target) my words get replaces with symbols i have no idea of like this:

<@>

¶¼ÂÈ <@>

¶¼ÂÈÎ ìòøþ

(. LRX^d ¬²¸¾Ä âè 06DJP ntz ¤ª ÈÎ ìòø " @FLRX^d  ¦¬² ÐÖÜâ $*`f; ¢¨®´ ÒØ öü

<

>

< ¦¬²¸¾ÄÊÐÖÜâèîôú="06DJPV\bhntz="ÔÚàæì://

i have no idea why it is doing that to me. I clear the cache and cookies already:(and what is it?

Thanks @vangsweetie637 for the heads up about this problem.  We'll add it to the long list of things to be fixed. In the meantime if you could copy your text before posting, just as a backup in case it gets lost in the post editor. Which theme are you using?  

15 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

I have a slight problem - whenever i try to move to the next page of a thread i get a blank page. it is only after i refresh then would the post appear.

This is a known problem on the default theme. If you could refresh your page, it should load. 

On 9/8/2017 at 3:03 PM, UnniSarah said:

@UnniSarah your tears move me .That's why I'm giving it a last ditch effort to respond to you. I'm too traumatised by the  " error  " monster and the relentless " loading " which never want to load but haunt me day and night. The pages conspire to deny me from turning the pages. I've lost enough posts which were miles long, enough to orbit to to Mars and back. I am cranky now and my friends in Soompi probably think so too given I was a prolific poster before this . Haizzzzz ...... !!1

I have kept away from posting anything for the sake of my sanity ...like definitely  Nil, Zero , Nought, Zilch, Nothingness . But you are so sweet and helpful and I appreciate that, so here I am. Let me share those hot tears too:bawling: Thank you. I've thanked @CamelKnight too for replying .... a nice positive one but it is still loading in limbo. ( maybe nuked already )

Hope this goes through . Thank you everyone. have a good day / night. Ta.

@lavender2love and @kaoriharang what theme are you currently using? Is it the default theme or the Soompi theme?
Does the problem still exist when you switch themes and reload the page?
If you're not sure what theme you're using, scroll ALL the way down to the end of the page. In the middle you'll see "Theme" and "Contact Us". Though you're welcome to contact us, we're looking for the Theme button, so hit that, check the alternative of what's selected and see if that works better.

In the meantime: we're still working on fixing the theme so things work properly and as intended. It's frustrating for some at the moment, we're aware of that and we truly apologise. Hang in there though! We're working as fast as we can :) 

7 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

@lavender2love and @kaoriharang what theme are you currently using? Is it the default theme or the Soompi theme?

Does the problem still exist when you switch themes and reload the page?

If you're not sure what theme you're using, scroll ALL the way down to the end of the page. In the middle you'll see "Theme" and "Contact Us". Though you're welcome to contact us, we're looking for the Theme button, so hit that, check the alternative of what's selected and see if that works better.

In the meantime: we're still working on fixing the theme so things work properly and as intended. It's frustrating for some at the moment, we're aware of that and we truly apologise. Hang in there though! We're working as fast as we can :) 

I am currently using the default theme - when i switch back to soompi theme I am able to quote some post but sometimes i still am unable to quote.

I also am unable to post sometimes getting the error code EX0.

6 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

I am currently using the default theme - when i switch back to soompi theme I am able to quote some post but sometimes i still am unable to quote.

I also am unable to post sometimes getting the error code EX0.

The EXO error (yeah, I know it's EX0 but EXO is just funnier :tongue: ) seems to be related to cookies and/or browserhistory. Most users have solved that by switching browsers, others have solved it by deleting cookies and browserhistory.

The quoting problem may be related to the same thing so trying a different browser might solve all your problems at once. For the rest there's not much I can offer you in terms of solutions. We'll have to wait for the new theme and see if there are any issues left at that time.

29 minutes ago, CamelKnight said:

The EXO error (yeah, I know it's EX0 but EXO is just funnier :tongue: ) seems to be related to cookies and/or browserhistory. Most users have solved that by switching browsers, others have solved it by deleting cookies and browserhistory.

The quoting problem may be related to the same thing so trying a different browser might solve all your problems at once. For the rest there's not much I can offer you in terms of solutions. We'll have to wait for the new theme and see if there are any issues left at that time.

hi, i will try that i have deleted all my cookies and cleared my history. hopefully no more errors involved.

thanks i hope the new theme come up soon (: thanks for your help!

On 9/5/2017 at 4:20 PM, CamelKnight said:

As you might have noticed, we had a forum update yesterday. 

I would kindly ask you to post below in this topic if you're missing something, if something's not working (correctly) or if something has changed and you can't find it. Please read through this first post before posting your issue. Chances are, your problem has already been logged. Together, we'll search for solutions to our problems. :) Thanks for your cooperation and understanding!

BTW: if you've found a work around to some of the problems listed, feel free to share! :) 

Changes we know about:

- It is no longer possible to like posts, though reputation points are still available Fix: switch to the default theme (bottom of the page). It allows you to "react" to a post. "Reactions" will come to the Soompi theme in one way or another. Stay safe people! :wink: 

- The red color for notifications and mail has changed slightly to a darker tint.

- Quoting someone and/or editing the quote to remove unwanted pics or text will create extra lines, eventhough those were deleted

- Avatars are showing the first letter of the user

- Linespacing after hitting enter shows double lines. Fix: to work around this, hold CTRL while hitting Enter. You'll only move down one line.

- GIF/Image embedding seems wonky

- Colors for next pages (at the bottom of a thread/section) have changed, we'll look into if it's suitable or not

- No notification received for replies to your thread unless tagged in the post

- Tagging someone only works when typing slow so pace yourselves :)

- Embedding Instagram/twitter posts seems wonky

- Twitter embedding seems wonky

- Mobile site seems to respond badly to requests to open pages, etc.

- Pages not loading or not loading properly. Fix: hit refresh (F5) or use CTRL+F5 to fetch the page from the server instead of digging around in your cache.

- clicking on the page number if you are on the same page it won't re-load, pls use the 'refresh' on your browser to refresh the page you are on currently

- Typing a tagged name will give you a list of max 10 names, scrolling the list is not possible (so for instance @camel would only list 10 names, but not mine). Typing more characters will narrow the list, making the one you wanted to tag pop out eventually.

- Some signatures may be messed up because they made use of code that worked in the previous version but haven't been restored yet. This will most likely be automatically fixed as soon as the new Soompi theme is active

Changes we don't know about:

- Yeah, this is where you come in :wink:

As we go along, we'll find solutions and implement those. We'll find workarounds and list them here. We'll also update the list of changes as we find out more :)

In the (fairly near) future there are some new and exciting options coming and this update is to prepare for that. In the mean time we'll have to work with what we've got so please bare with us :) 

If you have any questions, feedback or anything else you'd wish to share about this update, feel free to post it right here!

p.s. As this section of the forum handles questions, it's possible to select the best answer to the question posted in the first post. More votes (the up/down arrows to the left of a post) means it moves up. This is intended to find the correct answer to the question in the quickest manner. However, this suggests that new posts (if voted for) are posted above older posts. This is only a feature for this specific section though.

Soompi will no longer let me make comments or reply to comments.

Archived