UPDATE: Forum update on 5th september 2017

CamelKnight

Question

Update on the update :D 

As you can see we've done some major changes to get things going. The default theme is now the Soompi theme so you can react, like and what-have-you all you like, no matter in which theme you are. If you're still experiencing problems, please post them here! We'll investigate and search for solutions while we "pretty things up" as @Hanyeoun said in his update on the announcement.

UPDATE:

We've noticed that most problems can be solved by taking these steps. Check if the problem exists after each step (there's no need to continue with the next step if the problem is solved):
- Hit CTRL+F5, it reloads the page from the server instead of using the cache from your browser.
- Clear cookies and internethistory. In most browsers you can search for cookies and history from a single site. You only need to remove those from soompi.com
- Try a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge)

If, after trying these steps, your problem still exists, please mail to help@soompi.com and add a screenshot of the error you're getting. The more info you provide, the easier it will be to solve your problems. So explain the error you get, when and where you get it and add that you've taken the above steps.
We're currently collecting more data to show the problems to our software developer to get things done quicker.
Thank you for your understanding and your patience.

END OF UPDATE

As you might have noticed, we had a forum update yesterday. 

I would kindly ask you to post below in this topic if you're missing something, if something's not working (correctly) or if something has changed and you can't find it. Please read through this first post before posting your issue. Chances are, your problem has already been logged. Together, we'll search for solutions to our problems. :) Thanks for your cooperation and understanding!

BTW: if you've found a work around to some of the problems listed, feel free to share! :) 

Changes we know about:
- It is no longer possible to like posts, though reputation points are still available Fix: switch to the default theme (bottom of the page). It allows you to "react" to a post. "Reactions" will come to the Soompi theme in one way or another. Stay safe people! :wink: Fixed. Liking, as well as other reaction possibilities, has been restored/added.
- The red color for notifications and mail has changed slightly to a darker tint. We're using a temporary theme/skin atm with different colors. Expect the new colors and theme to arrive soon.
- Quoting someone and/or editing the quote to remove unwanted pics or text will create extra lines, eventhough those were deleted Fixed
- Avatars are showing the first letter of the user
- Linespacing after hitting enter shows double lines. Fix: to work around this, hold CTRL while hitting Enter. You'll only move down one line. Fixed
- GIF/Image embedding seems wonky Fixed
- Colors for next pages (at the bottom of a thread/section) have changed, we'll look into if it's suitable or not This is related to the theme/skin and will be fixed when the new theme/skin is introduced
- No notification received for replies to your thread unless tagged in the post Fixed
- Tagging someone only works when typing slow so pace yourselves :) Fixed
- Embedding Instagram/twitter posts seems wonky Fixed
- Twitter embedding seems wonky Fixed
- New posts in a thread are shown with a black star instead of a blue star This is related to the theme/skin and will be fixed when the new theme/skin is introduced
- Mobile site seems to respond badly to requests to open pages, etc. Fixed
- Pages not loading or not loading properly. Fix: hit refresh (F5) or use CTRL+F5 to fetch the page from the server instead of digging around in your cacheFixed
- clicking on the page number if you are on the same page it won't re-load, pls use the 'refresh' on your browser to refresh the page you are on currently Fixed
- Typing a tagged name will give you a list of max 10 names, scrolling the list is not possible (so for instance @camel would only list 10 names, but not mine). Typing more characters will narrow the list, making the one you wanted to tag pop out eventually. 
- Some signatures may be messed up because they made use of code that worked in the previous version but haven't been restored yet. This will most likely be automatically fixed as soon as the new Soompi theme is active
- It is currently not possible to move your avatar/profile pic around. Previously it was possible to move it around so you could cut out things you didn't want it to show. Currently this is not possible.

Changes we don't know about:
- Yeah, this is where you come in :wink:

As we go along, we'll find solutions and implement those. We'll find workarounds and list them here. We'll also update the list of changes as we find out more :)
In the (fairly near) future there are some new and exciting options coming and this update is to prepare for that. In the mean time we'll have to work with what we've got so please bare with us :) 
If you have any questions, feedback or anything else you'd wish to share about this update, feel free to post it right here!

p.s. As this section of the forum handles questions, it's possible to select the best answer to the question posted in the first post. More votes (the up/down arrows to the left of a post) means it moves up. This is intended to find the correct answer to the question in the quickest manner. However, this suggests that new posts (if voted for) are posted above older posts. This is only a feature for this specific section though.

• Answers 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 hours ago, charlesmorris said:

Soompi will no longer let me make comments or reply to comments.

And yet, here you are :D 

Just kidding though! The main source of this problem lies with faulty cookies or crooked history. Try switching to the default theme (scroll all the way down, in the middle of the page at the bottom it says "Theme", select the option not checked) and see if that works. If not, remove cookies and browserhistory for the Soompi forums and Soompi + Viki website. Close your browser, reopen it and try again. If that doesn't work, try a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge).

If all fails, please wait for us to update the theme as in that case it's most likely related to that.

Hello I am sorry for posting another problem

but i am having difficult posting on only one thread = Reunited World thread. I have tried everything from removing cookies and history to refreshing the page and other browser but i get the same error time and time again - EX0 error.

it is rather frustrating because i have tried to post the exact same post many times in the past few days.

can someone please help me?

4 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

Hello I am sorry for posting another problem

but i am having difficult posting on only one thread = Reunited World thread. I have tried everything from removing cookies and history to refreshing the page and other browser but i get the same error time and time again - EX0 error.

it is rather frustrating because i have tried to post the exact same post many times in the past few days.

can someone please help me?

Are you tagging someone or quoting someone? Does it still give you an error when you don't?

3 hours ago, tulip06 said:

On the desktop, I can't post comments. I get an error message. Why?

Is it the EX0 error? If so, see what @kaoriharang did and try those options as well :) 

I've been trying to post and cannot.  I'm getting the error code:  exo

Yep, I know....we all love EXO!

But seriously, since last night I can't post and I've trying in the Theme default and the other Theme to no avail.  How can I post?

Answer give....Ctrl & F5   let's see if this works....

1 hour ago, CamelKnight said:

That seems to work with some people. You could try editing the post afterwards and tag the person.

thanks for the advice, i was able to post and edit it and tag the person, but can I ask why is this so? I realise that I have difficulty posting when I tag or quote this person, is there a reason?

@kaoriharang if only I knew :)
I haven't experienced the problem myself and am unable to reproduce it. I'd be able to learn a bit if I had the error myself but without it, it's just guessing in the dark.
I have a feeling it has to do with how browsers handle certain things on our forum. Some functions have changed in the forum update but our theme still holds on to the old way those functions worked. It might be a clash between the old and the new but I don't know for certain. I'm just hoping things will be resolved when we get the new theme.

4 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

@kaoriharang if only I knew :)

I haven't experienced the problem myself and am unable to reproduce it. I'd be able to learn a bit if I had the error myself but without it, it's just guessing in the dark.

I have a feeling it has to do with how browsers handle certain things on our forum. Some functions have changed in the forum update but our theme still holds on to the old way those functions worked. It might be a clash between the old and the new but I don't know for certain. I'm just hoping things will be resolved when we get the new theme.

hmmm, well regardless thank you for being so helpful with every problem that arise. i too hope that everything will be resolved soon.

UPDATE (9/13): The forum theme has been updated so that we can now view and use the long-awaited REACTIONS (woo!) We're hoping this will fix a lot of issues after the update, and we'll work on pretty-ing things up (reaction images, emojis, colors) soon!   Thanks for your patience!

Thank you to @soomp & @benightedxflame
 :wub:

Update on the update :D 

As you can see we've done some major changes to get things going. The default theme is now the Soompi theme so you can react, like and what-have-you all you like, no matter in which theme you are. If you're still experiencing problems, please post them here! We'll investigate and search for solutions while we "pretty things up" as @Hanyeoun said in his update on the announcement.
Posts below this post will be considered as new problems so get to spammin' :D 

36 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

@packmule3

I sometimes come across that when I get a PM. If you could detail what you were doing when you hit that error message and send it along with a screenshot to help@soompi.com, it would be much appreciated :)

:D I wasn't on PM when I received that error message. I was on the add/subtract thread. 

If you enlarge my screenshot, it will say

Home> soompi interest> general discussion> add and subtract thread 

on the upper left corner. 

This would also happen when I'm on the drama forum, in both active and inactive threads. I just didn't take screenshots then.

The error message occurred after I've clicked on send the post. I've already played around with the time interval to determine whether the problem had something to do with how long I spent typing my response or not. It didn't matter if it took me 5 seconds or 5 minutes to hit send. The error message still appeared. 

The problem occurred on my iPhone, iPad and non-Mac laptop, on both the new theme and old theme settings. 

I've also reset soompi by completely logging off and on the site. 

I think I did all I could do to self-correct the problem except hmmm...a song-and-dance offering to soompi? Lol.

My PM has been working quite well... I'd say TOO well at times lol. :) But I'm grateful for small mercies. Thank you. 

If I'm the only one reporting this issue, then don't sweat it. No need to call in the cavalry. I can wait till it all clears up. 

See you later.

18 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

:D I wasn't on PM when I received that error message. I was on the add/subtract thread. 

If you enlarge my screenshot, it will say

Home> soompi interest> general discussion> add and subtract thread 

on the upper left corner. 

This would also happen when I'm on the drama forum, in both active and inactive threads. I just didn't take screenshots then.

The error message occurred after I've clicked on send the post. I've already played around with the time interval to determine whether the problem had something to do with how long I spent typing my response or not. It didn't matter if it took me 5 seconds or 5 minutes to hit send. The error message still appeared. 

The problem occurred on my iPhone, iPad and non-Mac laptop, on both the new theme and old theme settings. 

I've also reset soompi by completely logging off and on the site. 

I think I did all I could do to self-correct the problem except hmmm...a song-and-dance offering to soompi? Lol.

My PM has been working quite well... I'd say TOO well at times lol. :) But I'm grateful for small mercies. Thank you. 

If I'm the only one reporting this issue, then don't sweat it. No need to call in the cavalry. I can wait till it all clears up. 

See you later.

Dear space cadet,

You're not the only one reporting this, but we need examples to be mailed to help@soompi.com for further investigation. You can simply copy what you wrote here and mail it.

BTW, you might not receive the error if you drop the tags. You can edit the message afterwards and tag people in it.

45 minutes ago, CamelKnight said:

Dear space cadet,

You're not the only one reporting this, but we need examples to be mailed to help@soompi.com for further investigation. You can simply copy what you wrote here and mail it.

BTW, you might not receive the error if you drop the tags. You can edit the message afterwards and tag people in it.

Dear Jean-Luc Picard wannabe, 

Ay, there's the rub! :tongue:

The tags?

That can't be it.  I tried typing just the number 404, and it didn't go through. Then I tried to be a smartas-- smartmule and wrote 404 Error Not Found. And it didn't go through either. Obviously. That would have been a conundrum if the error message "Not Found" had been found. :)

Will email to help@soompi.com later. 

Thanks.

Thank you to all who has worked tirelessly to bring us the fixes to-date for the issues. Truly appreciate your hard work.

Can I clarify something - more a question than anything else and perhaps not necessarily due to the upgrade:

Is the search history now confined to posts within a year? I ask because I ran a search for a keyword on a forum which I know was posted 2-3 years back, but it returned no results.

Likewise, the earliest post for threads in my Followed Contents dated Oct 14, 2016. There are other threads which I know I followed, but they are not visible (Load more activity returns no results).

If so, may I know if there is any way for us to find an elusive post, since the Search function appears not to return results for older posts?

Archived