Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Due to technical issues, third release of Medals in the Members Shop will be delayed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CamelKnight

UPDATE: Forum update on 5th september 2017

Question

Update on the update :D 

As you can see we've done some major changes to get things going. The default theme is now the Soompi theme so you can react, like and what-have-you all you like, no matter in which theme you are. If you're still experiencing problems, please post them here! We'll investigate and search for solutions while we "pretty things up" as @Hanyeoun said in his update on the announcement.

UPDATE:

We've noticed that most problems can be solved by taking these steps. Check if the problem exists after each step (there's no need to continue with the next step if the problem is solved):
- Hit CTRL+F5, it reloads the page from the server instead of using the cache from your browser.
- Clear cookies and internethistory. In most browsers you can search for cookies and history from a single site. You only need to remove those from soompi.com
- Try a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge)

If, after trying these steps, your problem still exists, please mail to help@soompi.com and add a screenshot of the error you're getting. The more info you provide, the easier it will be to solve your problems. So explain the error you get, when and where you get it and add that you've taken the above steps.
We're currently collecting more data to show the problems to our software developer to get things done quicker.
Thank you for your understanding and your patience.

END OF UPDATE

As you might have noticed, we had a forum update yesterday. 

I would kindly ask you to post below in this topic if you're missing something, if something's not working (correctly) or if something has changed and you can't find it. Please read through this first post before posting your issue. Chances are, your problem has already been logged. Together, we'll search for solutions to our problems. :) Thanks for your cooperation and understanding!

BTW: if you've found a work around to some of the problems listed, feel free to share! :) 

Changes we know about:
- It is no longer possible to like posts, though reputation points are still available Fix: switch to the default theme (bottom of the page). It allows you to "react" to a post. "Reactions" will come to the Soompi theme in one way or another. Stay safe people! :wink: Fixed. Liking, as well as other reaction possibilities, has been restored/added.
- The red color for notifications and mail has changed slightly to a darker tint. We're using a temporary theme/skin atm with different colors. Expect the new colors and theme to arrive soon.
- Quoting someone and/or editing the quote to remove unwanted pics or text will create extra lines, eventhough those were deleted Fixed
- Avatars are showing the first letter of the user
- Linespacing after hitting enter shows double lines. Fix: to work around this, hold CTRL while hitting Enter. You'll only move down one line. Fixed
- GIF/Image embedding seems wonky Fixed
- Colors for next pages (at the bottom of a thread/section) have changed, we'll look into if it's suitable or not This is related to the theme/skin and will be fixed when the new theme/skin is introduced
- No notification received for replies to your thread unless tagged in the post Fixed
- Tagging someone only works when typing slow so pace yourselves :) Fixed
- Embedding Instagram/twitter posts seems wonky Fixed
- Twitter embedding seems wonky Fixed
- New posts in a thread are shown with a black star instead of a blue star This is related to the theme/skin and will be fixed when the new theme/skin is introduced
- Mobile site seems to respond badly to requests to open pages, etc. Fixed
- Pages not loading or not loading properly. Fix: hit refresh (F5) or use CTRL+F5 to fetch the page from the server instead of digging around in your cacheFixed
- clicking on the page number if you are on the same page it won't re-load, pls use the 'refresh' on your browser to refresh the page you are on currently Fixed
- Typing a tagged name will give you a list of max 10 names, scrolling the list is not possible (so for instance @camel would only list 10 names, but not mine). Typing more characters will narrow the list, making the one you wanted to tag pop out eventually. 
- Some signatures may be messed up because they made use of code that worked in the previous version but haven't been restored yet. This will most likely be automatically fixed as soon as the new Soompi theme is active
- It is currently not possible to move your avatar/profile pic around. Previously it was possible to move it around so you could cut out things you didn't want it to show. Currently this is not possible.

Changes we don't know about:
- Yeah, this is where you come in :wink:

As we go along, we'll find solutions and implement those. We'll find workarounds and list them here. We'll also update the list of changes as we find out more :)
In the (fairly near) future there are some new and exciting options coming and this update is to prepare for that. In the mean time we'll have to work with what we've got so please bare with us :) 
If you have any questions, feedback or anything else you'd wish to share about this update, feel free to post it right here!

p.s. As this section of the forum handles questions, it's possible to select the best answer to the question posted in the first post. More votes (the up/down arrows to the left of a post) means it moves up. This is intended to find the correct answer to the question in the quickest manner. However, this suggests that new posts (if voted for) are posted above older posts. This is only a feature for this specific section though.

6 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

- GIF embedding seems wonky

It's image embedding that's wonky. The first time around never seems to work. 

1 minute ago, Hanyeoun said:

No ETA for the time being.

You can like posts with the default theme lol. 

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions and comments, which made it easier for me to look out for the same issues, and fix my wonky posts accordingly.

I thought that the upvote/downvote feature only exists in a Question thread? I can't see it in the normal threads, be it with Default or Soompi v4.2 theme.

Incidentally, although the upvote/downvote automatically displays the posts with the most votes first, we can choose the "SORT BY DATE" option on the top right hand side of the thread.

mISc91nd0CtukQjaX5kVuoyZ8SXwarPqb1-srV-X81iZCKFvLAMOHEpJEJfbm7_yAcKWrP4r2OhaaXx450u1IHmfhpj9L9HoKy6fN79H9ZpAZYQAccMsi62CRqY2FyfGyCzPkazctO8Jp9eCtch7qXptSDMf85v7HHo7nruz_VMeyg8Su4Y3i6VzzRRm1pSAoOBjmkDGni0lVwMI8el_m-2hVLdAPeq2WJuEl4wMpdbW6husfCgMLXn0gkhyQ7DoXaTOGlzjAstENuGlxwW7I3fthrrQwvCtOiRIDgNOSk_AX24V0xQaT-C6yf8GP9IaXZpXhW4COoXjwQohJ9LgAf1lLbnU11gwYqHENsJrtWkM8lucsDEzlhdrqGSxtiGfNEk8O6DUj_Xutg5solH9IEbXMtRVMlTVkuoLjEIMCgsc4v1G8-kFfpmNv8GL3j8cVo43VcVHUZaG19bpt1OdIhKpf7b6QNd9GSgCKuLQv9qZ3qlS5qBhunLAES0LUgeu5DlvCxQRIVlQViFIACTMwueUFnIPla57ar-jdjEiEZUDKDPaLY8D8LK-7iWxl6slH_qgytmixvxf2ZgxzcNox5GYAswDEWhBvf5-5ql0Q-n18kWAhWuh=w278-h55-no

Am used to Soompi's visuals... so am switching between both - Default to "like" (therapy!), and Soompi for viewing and posting, until such time when all the bells and whistles are back in Soompi. Hope that's soon!

PS: 2nd edit to fix yet another wonky post (massive line spaces and an unlinked pic) :tongue: 

8 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

I am only taking one person would it work it i don't tag the person?

That seems to work with some people. You could try editing the post afterwards and tag the person.

7 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

@lavender2love and @kaoriharang what theme are you currently using? Is it the default theme or the Soompi theme?

Does the problem still exist when you switch themes and reload the page?

If you're not sure what theme you're using, scroll ALL the way down to the end of the page. In the middle you'll see "Theme" and "Contact Us". Though you're welcome to contact us, we're looking for the Theme button, so hit that, check the alternative of what's selected and see if that works better.

In the meantime: we're still working on fixing the theme so things work properly and as intended. It's frustrating for some at the moment, we're aware of that and we truly apologise. Hang in there though! We're working as fast as we can :) 

I am currently using the default theme - when i switch back to soompi theme I am able to quote some post but sometimes i still am unable to quote.

I also am unable to post sometimes getting the error code EX0.

Cannot post on Ji Chang Wook forum.  When I type everything looks good, but when I hit submit I get an error page.  Did I keep track of the error number?  NO, duh!  Sorry.  I was posting in the Soompi theme, because in the default theme I could not get to the last page.  Every time I tried to go to the last page it took me right back to page 1.  This circular error is very discombobulating.  I will come back with the error number.

I went back and tried to submit my restored contents, but now not even the submit button will work.  So now no error number to give.  

13 minutes ago, incoty said:

You can like posts with the default theme lol. 

That's the original theme by our software provider under safe mode. By default, it is the custom Soompi theme that we are working on, bringing visual improvements and functionalities.

hi i have a problem posting post - whenever i try to do so i get something that says INVALID URL?

can someone help me.

P.S. lets see if this posts

22 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

As you might have noticed, we had a forum update yesterday. 

I would kindly ask you to post below in this topic if you're missing something, if something's not working (correctly) or if something has changed and you can't find it. Please read through this first post before posting your issue. Chances are, your problem has already been logged. Together, we'll search for solutions to our problems. :) Thanks for your cooperation and understanding!

BTW: if you've found a work around to some of the problems listed, feel free to share! :) 

Changes we know about:

- It is no longer possible to like posts, though reputation points are still available Fix: switch to the default theme (bottom of the page). It allows you to "react" to a post. "Reactions" will come to the Soompi theme in one way or another. Stay safe people! :wink: 

- The red color for notifications and mail has changed slightly to a darker tint.

- Quoting someone and/or editing the quote to remove unwanted pics or text will create extra lines, eventhough those were deleted

- Avatars are showing the first letter of the user

- Linespacing after hitting enter shows double lines. Fix: to work around this, hold CTRL while hitting Enter. You'll only move down one line.

- GIF/Image embedding seems wonky

- Colors for next pages (at the bottom of a thread/section) have changed, we'll look into if it's suitable or not

- No notification received for replies to your thread unless tagged in the post

- Tagging someone only works when typing slow so pace yourselves :)

- Embedding Instagram/twitter posts seems wonky

- Twitter embedding seems wonky

- Mobile site seems to respond badly to requests to open pages, etc.

- Pages not loading or not loading properly. Fix: hit refresh (F5) or use CTRL+F5 to fetch the page from the server instead of digging around in your cache.

- clicking on the page number if you are on the same page it won't re-load, pls use the 'refresh' on your browser to refresh the page you are on currently

Changes we don't know about:

- Yeah, this is where you come in :wink:

As we go along, we'll find solutions and implement those. We'll find workarounds and list them here. We'll also update the list of changes as we find out more :)

In the (fairly near) future there are some new and exciting options coming and this update is to prepare for that. In the mean time we'll have to work with what we've got so please bare with us :) 

If you have any questions, feedback or anything else you'd wish to share about this update, feel free to post it right here!

p.s. As this section of the forum handles questions, it's possible to select the best answer to the question posted in the first post. More votes (the up/down arrows to the left of a post) means it moves up. This is intended to find the correct answer to the question in the quickest manner. However, this suggests that new posts (if voted for) are posted above older posts. This is only a feature for this specific section though.

one thing i noticed is that the 'like/dislikes' button are missing and we can't click likes anymore :( also there's a huge space between paragraphs that it seems like a waste of space etc. :)  thx again for the update! we luvya soompi!

@packmule3

I sometimes come across that when I get a PM. If you could detail what you were doing when you hit that error message and send it along with a screenshot to help@soompi.com, it would be much appreciated :)

3 hours ago, Mio- said:

@CamelKnight It's been archived since this morning and I really want to know who did that? Last post couldn't be in July, because I remember for sure that I was posting there in August and my friend just posted two posts, 2 or 3 days ago... so, what happened?! :( I don't remember breaking any rules or anything there for it to be archived, deleted or whatever someone did. :/

I realised the same thing and had @Hanyeoun unarchive it. It should be back by now :) 

I don't know what caused it. I'm going to throw it all on the update :) 

Here's the link 

10 minutes ago, MyStars said:

Cannot post on Ji Chang Wook forum.  When I type everything looks good, but when I hit submit I get an error page.  Did I keep track of the error number?  NO, duh!  Sorry.  I was posting in the Soompi theme, because in the default theme I could not get to the last page.  Every time I tried to go to the last page it took me right back to page 1.  This circular error is very discombobulating.  I will come back with the error number.

I went back and tried to submit my restored contents, but now not even the submit button will work.  So now no error number to give.  

Can you try refreshing the page with CTRL+F5? I have a feeling that should work for you. If not, please let me know :)

3 minutes ago, hibiscus23 said:

one thing i noticed is that the 'like/dislikes' button are missing and we can't click likes anymore :( also there's a huge space between paragraphs that it seems like a waste of space etc. :)  thx again for the update! we luvya soompi!

It's literally the first and fifth change I wrote in the post you quoted, you funny man/woman :D 

5 minutes ago, Hanyeoun said:

That's the original theme provided by our software provider under safe mode. By default, it is the custom Soompi theme that we are working on, bringing visual improvements and functionalities.

I prefer this to the custom one. Just a visual preference. It's more aesthetically pleasing.

I hadn't actually tried liking a post yet, liked yours and it works.

This is the fourth time in my ten years or so as a soompi user that this sort of thing has happened. The first couple of occasions, including the Great Soompi Crash when EVERYTHING, including membership details, was trashed, were back when the entire site was run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts on a shoestring budget. In those cirumstances the sort  of "cheer up" noises about hard work etc were called for when things went wrong and the admins could justifiably take comfort in them. Not any more. Soompi is owned by Big Media and operated to make Big Bucks for its owners.

A core principle of professional software development is that you TEST TEST and TEST again, BEFORE you release. Users ARE users, NOT testers.

Of course, minor things sometimes slip through, no matter how thorough the testing, but an update with so many bugs should never have been released to production. That list of issues up top should have gone to your developers with a demand that all these problems be fixed before the update went live. And until they met those demands you should have held the updates back.

잘가, soompi-ya.

2 minutes ago, incoty said:

I prefer this to the custom one. Just a visual preference. It's more aesthetically pleasing.

I hadn't actually tried liking a post yet, liked yours and it works.

Agreed for the aesthetics. I also like it simplistic with the subtle blue header. Unfortunately, the safe mode won't carry any additional plugins and features that will be available in the custom one.

7 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

Are you tagging someone or quoting someone? Does it still give you an error when you don't?

Is it the EX0 error? If so, see what @kaoriharang did and try those options as well :) 

I am only taking one person would it work it i don't tag the person?

we are having a bug in the form of a gif attack us!! help!!! (home > soompi interests > general discussion > add and subtract game)

okay, so someone posted a gif on a few pages back in the add and subtract thread and now every time someone posts, that gif gets stuck in their post. unless they physically edit it out themselves via the editor, the gif shows up even though they haven't added it themselves. can the tech support please look into it? there seems to be a bug and it looks like the gif has become part of the loop codes because it keeps popping up in every single post.  it is highly distracting and extremely annoying. I HATE that gif right now!!!! furious-smiley.gif?1292867601

UPDATE (9/13): The forum theme has been updated so that we can now view and use the long-awaited REACTIONS (woo!) We're hoping this will fix a lot of issues after the update, and we'll work on pretty-ing things up (reaction images, emojis, colors) soon!   Thanks for your patience!

Thank you to @soomp & @benightedxflame
 :wub:

Unrelated to any Soompi theme fixes, but when I am using the Default theme, when I go to the next page, it just keeps loading without displaying the new page. I have to refresh the new page to get it to display.

This issue doesn't happen in the Soompi theme... so yay!

18 minutes ago, baduy said:

This is the fourth time in my ten years or so as a soompi user that this sort of thing has happened. The first couple of occasions, including the Great Soompi Crash when EVERYTHING, including membership details, was trashed, were back when the entire site was run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts on a shoestring budget. In those cirumstances the sort  of "cheer up" noises about hard work etc were called for when things went wrong and the admins could justifiably take comfort in them. Not any more. Soompi is owned by Big Media and operated to make Big Bucks for its owners.

A core principle of professional software development is that you TEST TEST and TEST again, BEFORE you release. Users ARE users, NOT testers.

Of course, minor things sometimes slip through, no matter how thorough the testing, but an update with so many bugs should never have been released to production. That list of issues up top should have gone to your developers with a demand that all these problems be fixed before the update went live. And until they met those demands you should have held the updates back.

잘가, soompi-ya.

We do not control the updates. Invision Power Services Inc. does.