UPDATE: Forum update on 5th september 2017

CamelKnight

Question

Update on the update :D 

As you can see we've done some major changes to get things going. The default theme is now the Soompi theme so you can react, like and what-have-you all you like, no matter in which theme you are. If you're still experiencing problems, please post them here! We'll investigate and search for solutions while we "pretty things up" as @Hanyeoun said in his update on the announcement.

UPDATE:

We've noticed that most problems can be solved by taking these steps. Check if the problem exists after each step (there's no need to continue with the next step if the problem is solved):
- Hit CTRL+F5, it reloads the page from the server instead of using the cache from your browser.
- Clear cookies and internethistory. In most browsers you can search for cookies and history from a single site. You only need to remove those from soompi.com
- Try a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge)

If, after trying these steps, your problem still exists, please mail to help@soompi.com and add a screenshot of the error you're getting. The more info you provide, the easier it will be to solve your problems. So explain the error you get, when and where you get it and add that you've taken the above steps.
We're currently collecting more data to show the problems to our software developer to get things done quicker.
Thank you for your understanding and your patience.

END OF UPDATE

As you might have noticed, we had a forum update yesterday. 

I would kindly ask you to post below in this topic if you're missing something, if something's not working (correctly) or if something has changed and you can't find it. Please read through this first post before posting your issue. Chances are, your problem has already been logged. Together, we'll search for solutions to our problems. :) Thanks for your cooperation and understanding!

BTW: if you've found a work around to some of the problems listed, feel free to share! :) 

Changes we know about:
- It is no longer possible to like posts, though reputation points are still available Fix: switch to the default theme (bottom of the page). It allows you to "react" to a post. "Reactions" will come to the Soompi theme in one way or another. Stay safe people! :wink: Fixed. Liking, as well as other reaction possibilities, has been restored/added.
- The red color for notifications and mail has changed slightly to a darker tint. We're using a temporary theme/skin atm with different colors. Expect the new colors and theme to arrive soon.
- Quoting someone and/or editing the quote to remove unwanted pics or text will create extra lines, eventhough those were deleted Fixed
- Avatars are showing the first letter of the user
- Linespacing after hitting enter shows double lines. Fix: to work around this, hold CTRL while hitting Enter. You'll only move down one line. Fixed
- GIF/Image embedding seems wonky Fixed
- Colors for next pages (at the bottom of a thread/section) have changed, we'll look into if it's suitable or not This is related to the theme/skin and will be fixed when the new theme/skin is introduced
- No notification received for replies to your thread unless tagged in the post Fixed
- Tagging someone only works when typing slow so pace yourselves :) Fixed
- Embedding Instagram/twitter posts seems wonky Fixed
- Twitter embedding seems wonky Fixed
- New posts in a thread are shown with a black star instead of a blue star This is related to the theme/skin and will be fixed when the new theme/skin is introduced
- Mobile site seems to respond badly to requests to open pages, etc. Fixed
- Pages not loading or not loading properly. Fix: hit refresh (F5) or use CTRL+F5 to fetch the page from the server instead of digging around in your cacheFixed
- clicking on the page number if you are on the same page it won't re-load, pls use the 'refresh' on your browser to refresh the page you are on currently Fixed
- Typing a tagged name will give you a list of max 10 names, scrolling the list is not possible (so for instance @camel would only list 10 names, but not mine). Typing more characters will narrow the list, making the one you wanted to tag pop out eventually. 
- Some signatures may be messed up because they made use of code that worked in the previous version but haven't been restored yet. This will most likely be automatically fixed as soon as the new Soompi theme is active
- It is currently not possible to move your avatar/profile pic around. Previously it was possible to move it around so you could cut out things you didn't want it to show. Currently this is not possible.

Changes we don't know about:
- Yeah, this is where you come in :wink:

As we go along, we'll find solutions and implement those. We'll find workarounds and list them here. We'll also update the list of changes as we find out more :)
In the (fairly near) future there are some new and exciting options coming and this update is to prepare for that. In the mean time we'll have to work with what we've got so please bare with us :) 
If you have any questions, feedback or anything else you'd wish to share about this update, feel free to post it right here!

p.s. As this section of the forum handles questions, it's possible to select the best answer to the question posted in the first post. More votes (the up/down arrows to the left of a post) means it moves up. This is intended to find the correct answer to the question in the quickest manner. However, this suggests that new posts (if voted for) are posted above older posts. This is only a feature for this specific section though.

• Answers 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 hours ago, liddi said:

Unrelated to any Soompi theme fixes, but when I am using the Default theme, when I go to the next page, it just keeps loading without displaying the new page. I have to refresh the new page to get it to display.

This issue doesn't happen in the Soompi theme... so yay!

Same problems here .

@CamelKnight It's been archived since this morning and I really want to know who did that? Last post couldn't be in July, because I remember for sure that I was posting there in August and my friend just posted two posts, 2 or 3 days ago... so, what happened?! :( I don't remember breaking any rules or anything there for it to be archived, deleted or whatever someone did. :/

Cannot post on Ji Chang Wook forum.  When I type everything looks good, but when I hit submit I get an error page.  Did I keep track of the error number?  NO, duh!  Sorry.  I was posting in the Soompi theme, because in the default theme I could not get to the last page.  Every time I tried to go to the last page it took me right back to page 1.  This circular error is very discombobulating.  I will come back with the error number.

I went back and tried to submit my restored contents, but now not even the submit button will work.  So now no error number to give.  

22 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

As you might have noticed, we had a forum update yesterday. 

I would kindly ask you to post below in this topic if you're missing something, if something's not working (correctly) or if something has changed and you can't find it. Please read through this first post before posting your issue. Chances are, your problem has already been logged. Together, we'll search for solutions to our problems. :) Thanks for your cooperation and understanding!

BTW: if you've found a work around to some of the problems listed, feel free to share! :) 

Changes we know about:

- It is no longer possible to like posts, though reputation points are still available Fix: switch to the default theme (bottom of the page). It allows you to "react" to a post. "Reactions" will come to the Soompi theme in one way or another. Stay safe people! :wink: 

- The red color for notifications and mail has changed slightly to a darker tint.

- Quoting someone and/or editing the quote to remove unwanted pics or text will create extra lines, eventhough those were deleted

- Avatars are showing the first letter of the user

- Linespacing after hitting enter shows double lines. Fix: to work around this, hold CTRL while hitting Enter. You'll only move down one line.

- GIF/Image embedding seems wonky

- Colors for next pages (at the bottom of a thread/section) have changed, we'll look into if it's suitable or not

- No notification received for replies to your thread unless tagged in the post

- Tagging someone only works when typing slow so pace yourselves :)

- Embedding Instagram/twitter posts seems wonky

- Twitter embedding seems wonky

- Mobile site seems to respond badly to requests to open pages, etc.

- Pages not loading or not loading properly. Fix: hit refresh (F5) or use CTRL+F5 to fetch the page from the server instead of digging around in your cache.

- clicking on the page number if you are on the same page it won't re-load, pls use the 'refresh' on your browser to refresh the page you are on currently

Changes we don't know about:

- Yeah, this is where you come in :wink:

As we go along, we'll find solutions and implement those. We'll find workarounds and list them here. We'll also update the list of changes as we find out more :)

In the (fairly near) future there are some new and exciting options coming and this update is to prepare for that. In the mean time we'll have to work with what we've got so please bare with us :) 

If you have any questions, feedback or anything else you'd wish to share about this update, feel free to post it right here!

p.s. As this section of the forum handles questions, it's possible to select the best answer to the question posted in the first post. More votes (the up/down arrows to the left of a post) means it moves up. This is intended to find the correct answer to the question in the quickest manner. However, this suggests that new posts (if voted for) are posted above older posts. This is only a feature for this specific section though.

one thing i noticed is that the 'like/dislikes' button are missing and we can't click likes anymore :( also there's a huge space between paragraphs that it seems like a waste of space etc. :)  thx again for the update! we luvya soompi!

3 hours ago, Mio- said:

@CamelKnight It's been archived since this morning and I really want to know who did that? Last post couldn't be in July, because I remember for sure that I was posting there in August and my friend just posted two posts, 2 or 3 days ago... so, what happened?! :( I don't remember breaking any rules or anything there for it to be archived, deleted or whatever someone did. :/

I realised the same thing and had @Hanyeoun unarchive it. It should be back by now :) 

I don't know what caused it. I'm going to throw it all on the update :) 

Here's the link 

10 minutes ago, MyStars said:

Cannot post on Ji Chang Wook forum.  When I type everything looks good, but when I hit submit I get an error page.  Did I keep track of the error number?  NO, duh!  Sorry.  I was posting in the Soompi theme, because in the default theme I could not get to the last page.  Every time I tried to go to the last page it took me right back to page 1.  This circular error is very discombobulating.  I will come back with the error number.

I went back and tried to submit my restored contents, but now not even the submit button will work.  So now no error number to give.  

Can you try refreshing the page with CTRL+F5? I have a feeling that should work for you. If not, please let me know :)

3 minutes ago, hibiscus23 said:

one thing i noticed is that the 'like/dislikes' button are missing and we can't click likes anymore :( also there's a huge space between paragraphs that it seems like a waste of space etc. :)  thx again for the update! we luvya soompi!

It's literally the first and fifth change I wrote in the post you quoted, you funny man/woman :D 

This is the fourth time in my ten years or so as a soompi user that this sort of thing has happened. The first couple of occasions, including the Great Soompi Crash when EVERYTHING, including membership details, was trashed, were back when the entire site was run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts on a shoestring budget. In those cirumstances the sort  of "cheer up" noises about hard work etc were called for when things went wrong and the admins could justifiably take comfort in them. Not any more. Soompi is owned by Big Media and operated to make Big Bucks for its owners.

A core principle of professional software development is that you TEST TEST and TEST again, BEFORE you release. Users ARE users, NOT testers.

Of course, minor things sometimes slip through, no matter how thorough the testing, but an update with so many bugs should never have been released to production. That list of issues up top should have gone to your developers with a demand that all these problems be fixed before the update went live. And until they met those demands you should have held the updates back.

잘가, soompi-ya.

18 minutes ago, baduy said:

This is the fourth time in my ten years or so as a soompi user that this sort of thing has happened. The first couple of occasions, including the Great Soompi Crash when EVERYTHING, including membership details, was trashed, were back when the entire site was run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts on a shoestring budget. In those cirumstances the sort  of "cheer up" noises about hard work etc were called for when things went wrong and the admins could justifiably take comfort in them. Not any more. Soompi is owned by Big Media and operated to make Big Bucks for its owners.

A core principle of professional software development is that you TEST TEST and TEST again, BEFORE you release. Users ARE users, NOT testers.

Of course, minor things sometimes slip through, no matter how thorough the testing, but an update with so many bugs should never have been released to production. That list of issues up top should have gone to your developers with a demand that all these problems be fixed before the update went live. And until they met those demands you should have held the updates back.

잘가, soompi-ya.

We do not control the updates. Invision Power Services Inc. does.

16 minutes ago, baduy said:

잘가, soompi-ya.

Dear @baduy

I realise it's difficult to keep finding the patience to deal with the problems which occur by these updates and I sincerely apologise for them. I also wish to thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Indeed, minor things might slip through but many of the bigger bugs should've been caught by proper testing. What I can tell is you that the update was unexpected for us too, both admins and mods. I'm not pointing any fingers since it's rather pointless (ha...). We don't have as much power as we would like. But you're correct in stating that this should've been tested extensively and most of the bugs should've been cleared before release. Without going into detail though, it also has somewhat to do with our own custom theme. If you switch to the default theme, some things work as intended. Others might not as they were build on our own theme. But now I'm digressing into detail.

Again, thank you for pointing out your concerns. Eventhough mods and admins are doing this voluntarily in their spare time and we do enjoy receiving the cheer ups from folks in this community, we also appreciate heartfelt critisism as it allows us to better ourselves for the future. So here's drinking to a better future with less bugs and more consistent updates for Soompi :) 

20 hours ago, maddymappo said:

Please note the big gaps between paragraphs, which happens automatically after editing.  Also my newest comment in this tread now appears ahead of my older comments.

Editing problems - lots of gliches trying to edit

Editing comment problem.  When I was in editing mode and highlighted a paragraph, the "Quote This"  arrow marker appears, like it does when you highlight someone else's comment to quote.  Also, for no reason I can tell sometimes when I start to highlight or write  in edit mode the page jumps to the top.

Another strange problem. While editing I moved some text which auto turned into the larger text from the header. I made the text smaller and inexplicably the text color was changed to a light blue which appears no where else in the comment and also changed from single line spacing to double line spacing. I tried and tried to change it the text back to black, but to no avail. It insists on staying light blue. I don't even see an option to get single spacing. If I try to change the font size now, boom, it just turns back into the huge title size again, but the color does turn  back to black!

In the 8th episode of 'Myongbyeoljeon', which was broadcasted at 9 pm on the 3rd night, the average rate of paid-for-viewing platforms with cable, satellite and IPTV was 6.4 percent and the highest was 7.3 percent. (Nielsen Korea, Paid Platform, National Standard)

@CamelKnight. Out of chronological order. Editing is MANIC

8 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

I can not post gif photos, copy/paste doesn't work, only possible to post photos -->> "Insert image via URL", "Like" icone doesn't work (and I do not understand how to go 'theme default' :cold_sweat::frown:

... We have new drama WUWS, updates are coming .. and because of these problems it takes now too much time to make any post... 

I think I will .. come later again to the Forum, when it will be solved...

1 minute ago, ibru said:

I can not post gif photos, copy/paste doesn't work, only possible to post photos -->> "Insert image via URL", "Like" icone doesn't work (and I do not understand how to go 'theme default' :cold_sweat::frown:

... We have new drama WYWS, so many new info and so on... It takes now too much time to make any post...

I think I will .. come later again to the Forum, when it will be solved...

Scroll ALLLLLLL the way down. At the bottom, WAY at the bottom in the middle of the page you see "Theme" a downward arrow and "Contact us". Click the downward arrow, click "default" and done :) 

24 minutes ago, CamelKnight said:

Scroll ALLLLLLL the way down. At the bottom, WAY at the bottom in the middle of the page you see "Theme" a downward arrow and "Contact us". Click the downward arrow, click "default" and done :) 

Thanks! :) So, you are making updates.... New buttons by liking... good idea! Thanks for it!

May be you will also add new emoji??? Like Картинки по запросу emoji png

Thank you very much to all the Admins and mods for your hard work to restore functionalities and resolve issues behind the scenes. I remember the last major upgrade when we moved from the old platform to this one, and how much time and effort all of you went through to give us a functional platform for this awesome community. Thank you too for this open thread that allows us to voice concerns and be able to share workarounds, and more importantly your patience in addressing any questions we might have. Truly much appreciated.

While a little troublesome having to switch between themes in order to like posts, I have noticed a silver lining as a result of it - lurkers who no longer could just read and like posts (and do not know of the ability to do so by switching themes), actually start posting in order to express their appreciation, and perhaps make that first step transitioning from lurker to contributor. Now that is progress :wink: 

8 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

Scroll ALLLLLLL the way down. At the bottom, WAY at the bottom in the middle of the page you see "Theme" a downward arrow and "Contact us". Click the downward arrow, click "default" and done

I still cannot post photos, copy/paste instagram doesn't work :bawling: i only see blank spaces

@triplem Your post came at the right time, since I just hit the dreaded EX0 error code on a thread which strangely enough, I could post in yesterday. Thank you for being a life saver! And having  encountered the same error code here when I tried to respond to you, this is coming in extremely handy! (3rd time's a charm!)

16 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

Can you try refreshing the page with CTRL+F5? I have a feeling that should work for you. If not, please let me know :)

No, I should've said earlier.....no amount of CTRL+F5 worked at all, either in default or Soompi themes.  I was working in IE Edge browser; I am going to try to post in another forum, and then try everything all over again in Chrome.

Update: Was able to post successfully in the Bae Yong Joon forum using Soompi theme, IE Edge.  Still can't post in Ji Chang Wook. Get error message EXO.  Now on to Chrome to see if I get any better results.

Update 2:  For what it's worth, everything seems to work better for me in Chrome.  Both/either themes, and using CNTRL F5 work, too.  And for  JCW and BYJ.  

Thank you again.

1 hour ago, MyStars said:

No, I should've said earlier.....no amount of CTRL+F5 worked at all, either in default or Soompi themes.  I was working in IE Edge browser; I am going to try to post in another forum, and then try everything all over again in Chrome.

Update: Was able to post successfully in the Bae Yong Joon forum using Soompi theme, IE Edge.  Still can't post in Ji Chang Wook. Get error message EXO.  Now on to Chrome to see if I get any better results.

Update 2:  For what it's worth, everything seems to work better for me in Chrome.  Both/either themes, and using CNTRL F5 work, too.  And for  JCW and BYJ.  

Thank you again.

No, thank YOU! You've done some good investigative work with switching browsers and trying a different forum! Since I'm not getting the error and I can't reproduce it, I can only guess at what the problem might be and what the solution is.

I already knew the problem was because of the update and pages not loading correctly. However, I had a feeling it wasn't due to our servers but rather at the user. This confirms it.

Could you try removing all cookies and history from your Edge browser, then close it and reopen it to see if that works?

12 hours ago, Angrybird62 said:

My post is not submitting in my forum (Heroin Web Series). I re-loaded the page by using CTRL+F5 but didn't work then log out and deleted all cookies and histories. Then again log in and post the whole thing again but still not submitting and getting error. Other members post is submitting but just my post is not submitting.

Can you try a different browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox) and try again?

6 hours ago, sarangone said:

I still cannot post photos, copy/paste instagram doesn't work :bawling: i only see blank spaces

The same goes for you :) Can you try a different browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox) and try again?

1 hour ago, CamelKnight said:

Could you try removing all cookies and history from your Edge browser, then close it and reopen it to see if that works?

I am in Florida where Hurricane Irma is threatening.  I will be happy to try this but maybe later.  I am not ignoring you.  I don't want to jeopardize my main browser until AFTER high winds, and lightning strikes, and power outages take their inevitable toll on electronics.  But after that, who knows?  Que sera, sera. :crazy:

Thank you again and again.  Soompi is keeping me grounded right now.

Archived