[Drama 2017] Mad Dog 매드독

Go Seung Ji

9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Okay. Bet is on. I think I will lose this one, but still, I would like to see them together, even if it's not love ever after, but just flirtation and happenstance. :)@triplem to judge?

Yeah, I agree with her as a judge again.

7 hours ago, triplem said:

Okay, no problem. So to be clear @stroppyse wins if the drama shows/ hints at romance or flirtation. @Dhakra wins if nothing of that sort happens. This has to be true love line right at the end of the drama, correct ? If KMJ is just bluffing to manipulate things it's not considered as love line taking off . You guys agree ? Same punishment as per Manhole bet? 

I would say the same rulings as during Manhole, either a kiss or one of them saying that they are dating. Flirting is not dating or a romance. Otherwise people would have way more relationships (including me :tongue: ) They must openly show some sort of affection towards the public. Like you said, it has to be a true love line at the end, flirtation isn't a true love line. :wink: 

Same punishment. The winner chooses a dp and title for the loser. For one week. 

I too would love to see chemistry between those two haha, but I've been so baited before from previous dramas and films (non romantic genres) that I won't expect much. But at the same time I don't want them to stop the baiting chehehe, they look so compatible. 

Also I was thinking where I've seen Mr. hacker before, and he was the Juno from that film Jenny & Juno :o

• Like 3

2 hours ago, triplem said:

Dayum...I hope they have a love line, not because I want you to lose  :ph34r:...but look at this, so hawt.....

Gawd ur gif really killing me, i can notice the way WDH eyes looking sharp on her 

from eyes to lips and back to her eyes, HAHA rip to my poor heart :sweat_smile:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

OY. My head hurts after watching ep. 03. Way too much information and the current heatwave where I'm at right now is melting my brain cells. So the dead insurance planner, Minjoon's brother & Eunjoo are all connected. 

I thought Kangwoo was heartless when he refused to even give a poor pregnant woman a ride from the police station. Maybe she wouldn't be in a coma but then there's no plot left for the drama either. Hongjoo the daughter of the insurance company seem to be crushing hard on Kangwoo. 

Heheh I want to hate Minjoon but he's so hot though - what to do LMFAo?!?! In next preview he gets to join the team officially. I like the way he's leaning a bit too close to Hari's brooch/spycam HA. Please writers let there be a loveline f Hari-Minjoon?? They sizzle together. 

It's amusing whenever Hari tries to get information from that police guy, he gets so flustered LoL. 

• Like 3

@stroppyse Thanks for the compliment! :wub:After reading some post that the episode 3 was confusing, I felt the need to explain the similarities so that people would understand KMJ better. He is definitely a good person. 

@bedifferent @Dhakra @icyphoenix @larus @Latte_Anyday I have been thinking about the connection between CEO Cha and Joo. Joo is the son of Chairman Joo Jung Pil who runs the air company. Since Hong Jo and Joo are both children from CEO, they are quite close to each other. After watching the episode 3, it becomes a little clearer that Joo might have been a victim in the end, a scheme plotted by the Chairman Cha. Sure, Joo seems quite heartless but maybe he might just be a pawn to the real villains. From the start, I disliked CEO Cha.

We hear that

• His father, Joo Jung Pil, has been ill for two years. That's exactly when the air plane crashed. I guess, he fell sick to that incident. I guess, the reputation of that air company must have suffered from it and it hasn't recovered financially yet.
  • When Joo met the newly appointed chief On (he was not nominated yet), Cha knew about the meeting between Joo and On showing that Cha can get a lot of info. But On thanks Cha for his new position which indicates that Cha has become powerful.
  • Then Cha showed his desdain for Joo, the former pointed out that Joo was always a step behind underlining Cha's cunning nature.
  • Joo had mentioned in the first episode that he had just signed a contract with T. Insurance for his company therefore they needed to pay the victims. HJ had been the one in charge of that contract which leads me to the conclusion that Chairman Cha knew about this contract.
  • What if he used the incident to weaken the air company and buy some shares from it so that in the long run, he can become more powerful?
  • Like 2

@stroppyseWell a one-sided crush isn't dating or a loveline, so yeah. :D They have to be a couple, an actual couple, not for deceiving purposes, two people that like each other. I mean we will see when they become closer and eventually become a couple. And we always have our usual judge @triplemto have the last word. :D 

@triplem

1. But his apartment seems quite expensive though. I'm not sure if he's using his brothers money or not, but I guess he doesn't live a luxury life, maybe he used the money elsewhere.

2. Yeah, he's a hero. You just have to love guys sometimes right? B) 

39 minutes ago, triplem said:

Loved this scene of KMJ smirking at Jang when her cover was blown at the church. Player Jang was not paying enough attention.

@stroppyse Am I the only one who had to giggle a little about him being in a church and the priest talking about the "Almighty"? :D It haunts him wherever he goes. One whole drama where he avoided church at all costs and here he walks into one right away.

Regarding the bet. I agree to these terms. But let's hope I win this time :tongue: For a change, try to be a neutral judge for once :D  

@Dhakra Don't be so worried about a neutral job. As a moderator, I'll keep an eye on this bet. LOL:wink:

@stroppyse @triplem @icyphoenix @Latte_Anyday @larus @AlexandraReid I would like to explain with more details why CKW is too blinded. Yes, we know that it is due to the loss of his family. However, there is more to it. First, based on the sypnosis, CKW was a police officer who changed his job and became an examiner for T. Insurance which means that from that moment, he only looked at accidents and incidents from the same perspective: the insurance and the con artists. The insurance was the victim hence in my opinion, he lost his empathy for humans. So as time passed on, he has become used to perceive all the incidents as cons. That explains why with the case of Go Jin Chul, he lost his partner, as he only saw it as a scam. But if we look a little closer, it was not just a con, it was murder. The man killed all these women. The real victims were not the insurance but these deceased persons. KW didn't fight for these but for the insurance. In my opinion, he should have alarmed the police for a further investigation. But here, CKW and his team were only after the con artist and not the murderer. Because his junior got involved in the accident, our killer could sue the company for harassment. So the insurance had to pay for "CKW's intervention". So here again, the insurance was the "victim" again which is not true. Then the plane crash occurred and it reinforced this belief that people would even kill for money by scamming the insurance. So for CKW, everything is done as a con: KBJ killed people for the insurance. Since he had witnessed it with GJC, he had no reason to mistrust this opinion. But here is the problem: not every action has to be explained as a scam so that the insurance is the victim here. First case: KMJ used the collapse of the building in order to prove that the real reason for that tragedy was not a con, but something else. Then he gave the money to the real victims and not the insurance. By seeing it as a con, KW helps the insurance to get more money, but actually the real victims were the injured, not the insurance. Finally, KMJ revealed with the arrest of the architect how CKW should deal with such people. Not just save money for the insurance, but get to the problem of the root: corruption, gambling aso.  The second case was the eye-opening. KMJ wanted to show him that the beneficiaries of the insurance are not the real winners and not even con artists. They are also victims, when they are condemned like that, without proper trial.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:
  • Joo had mentioned in the first episode that he had just signed a contract with T. Insurance for his company therefore they needed to pay the victims. HJ had been the one in charge of that contract which leads me to the conclusion that Chairman Cha knew about this contract.
  • What if he used the incident to weaken the air company and buy some shares from it so that in the long run, he can become more powerful?

@bebebisous33 MY thoughts exactly, I also felt he knew about it but was it really the need to kill off his wife and child it all seems to be premeditated for me.. But if he did this to buy up more shares how cruel. 

• Like 3

Finished the thoughts, here are my episode :

• Sorry, but I'm a man, so I have to say this (again): Ha-Ri really has two GREAT arguments. :ph34r: 
  • They used the old german passport, not the new one. 
  • Their german is PRETTY bad. :D I really struggled to find out what they said. But in the end I managed to understand it. So here the translation based on what they said. Word for word. @bebebisous33Feel free to correct me, but I think I'm pretty accurate.
Spoiler

HSJ: "Kenne ich dich vielleicht von irgendwoher?"                      "Do I know you from somewhere?"

WDH:"Der gleiche höre ich oft                                                       "I hear that often" (They made a mistake here, it should be "Das" not"Der". Wrong article, won't change anything. But the perfectionist within in me is screaming)

WDH:"Das mag an meiner sympathischen Ausstrahlung liegen" "This may be because of my likeable charisma"

HSJ: "Mir geht das genauso!"                                                             "I feel the same"

• How many of you faded because of DH shower scene? :D 
  • I somehow have a bad feeling about the bet. Sigh.....
  • I'm really looking forward to the time when they all act as one team.
  • So planner Mi Ran is alive, oh boy, this plot really gets interesting. :D 

@stroppyseTo be honest I accepted the bet before watching ep4, and somehow regret it a little. The scene on the floor was quite cute. He was dead serious and she really crumbled a little, there were sparks. I initially thought it isn't possible. but now. Aish......I'm going to lose......again.......please no oppa and his cat again :bawling:

Edit: @bebebisous33Yeah, I agree! Their german was horrible, I barely understand a word, but as you can read above, with a little fantasy and rewinding like ten times I understand everything. But you can see they never practiced. :D 

Another great episode!! @stroppyse The more I see KMJ, the more I feel sorry for him. His description to JHR where he used to sleep was also heartbreaking. You can feel his loneliness and his longing for acceptance and for a family. I am glad that KMJ has found a way to speak to CKW: bets. This time, CKW found the proof that LMR was alive before KMJ.

So our murderer GJC will appear again. As we can see, he is close to LMR hence I am suspecting that she faked her death after the plane crash because she feared that her scheme with GJC would backfire on her. Since she was working with him, he must have helped her to fake her death and to hide properly. In other words, I don't think that LMR was involved in the whole scheme with the plane crash. I am wondering who sent the video to Joo Hyun Ki. There is someone watching CKW because he was the first who saw the video of LMR. Since CEO Cha had no idea that LMR was alive, he will be after her. I guess that's one of the reasons why GJC wants to kill KMJ. He wants to make sure that LMR's existence remains a secret. Or the other possibility is that LMR disappeared on her own and GJC was sent by Cha to eliminate LMR as well (but I prefer the first theory). It would be great if LMR was indirectly involved with the plane crash.  

He just follows KMJ who has been discovered by Manager Park MS. We can definitely see that CEO Cha is after Juhan Air, he is looking for shares and has a slush fund. So there is a fight between JHK and CEO Cha. After the episode 4, I sense that the fight between JHK and Cha is the cause of the plane crash. JHK teased Cha by sending him the video of LMR.

@sava2sava Long time no see my friend!! :) I've been missing you. I am glad that you have joined this thread.

@Dhakra You did a great job with the German subtitles. After reading it, now I could understand their conversation. Yes, it seems that there is a great "tension" between KMJ and JHR. 

• Like 2

@bebebisous33Ah, so glad to watch a drama with you again. So insights are always useful.

11 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

You did a great job with the German subtitles. After reading it, now I could understand their conversation.

Thank you :) Yeah, they spoke a little unclear. And the wrong article on top made it really difficult.

The first time he was in the car and said "'schuldigung" (Sorry) you can see they tried to make it easier for him. Normally you say "ENTschuldigung". But you can shorten it like he did, which makes it way easiert to say and it even sounds more natural. They did a good job after all.

Must have been hard for WDH. 

@stroppyseOh don't worry 'bout me. I'm totally chilled. I endured it once, I will endure it twice. And so far nothing has happened yet. Maybe it will stay at a tension between them and never really develops further.

And after all, if you win, it's your loss. Another chance that passes for you to finally get a decent dp. And maybe even from this drama, can you live with the thought of not having a hand-made "Mad-Dog"-dp?

7 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Btw, I figured their German was pretty bad. I only know a few phrases in German, but have a decent ear for accents, and it sounded bad to me, so I figured it must sound really bad to you all who actually speak German. :)

Well german has a crapload of accents, in some areas even I understand a single word, but their german was just plain bad. But I guess the writer just gave them a piece of paper and told then to do their best. I don't think he had a lot of practice or even a trainer.

I remember a scene from ManXMan where Park Hae-Jin spoke a few german sentences aswell. His german was VERY good. You remember? @triplem

@stroppyseOf course I will rub it into your face. I will play my sorrow-card and try to make your victory bittersweet by mentioning how SAD it is that you actually won. That I only wanted to do something good and how selfish you denied that attempt :tongue: And on top I give one the usual three dp's to a chingu to let you see what you missed. :D Ahhh reverse psychology, you won't even enjoy your victory. 

Which sexy bold dutch guy!? I thought you wanted to use @CamelKnight? Omo... :o Do you actually find a good looking dutch instead? :tongue: :joy:Yeah, no real life picture of an actual user. Everything else is fine.