[Drama 2017] Mad Dog 매드독

Go Seung Ji

Hi first post on this thread. I anticipate this drama coz of YJT. But WDH impressed me in Save Me so he is on my list of new actors to watch. Pilot episode is good. And i love WDH's style. Slick and intelligent. The Mad dog team is interesting to watch. Love the chemistry of the team. As for RHY she suits the role as the only female in the team and using her as bait.

• Like 6

What's with the current KBS dramas centering on themes of law and justice lately? 

Just watched the first ep. the premise seem promising, reminds me a lot of the show Leverage. I knew there's more than what it seems to Kim Minjoon's poised demeanor. Oh he looks hot with glasses LoL. Is there going to be a loveline between Minjoon and Hari? 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

What's with the current KBS dramas centering on themes of law and justice lately? 

Just watched the first ep. the premise seem promising, reminds me a lot of the show Leverage. I knew there's more than what it seems to Kim Minjoon's poised demeanor. Oh he looks hot with glasses LoL. Is there going to be a loveline between Minjoon and Hari? 

loveline? LOL i hope so too, otherwise this drama kinda reminded me abit like MBC's Lookout drama, it aint have any love line either,

so its kinda hard to expect that scene to happen :smirk:

• Like 3

I don't think there will be any loveline. And I'm not too sad about it aswell. :lol:

I just hope that each of the characters get their moments. 

Like @AlexandraReidalready said, the drama reminds me of Lookout aswell and due to this I will sonner or later compare the team to the Lookout Team. And I liked the Lookout team a lot, just during the later episodes the Team lost on significance and just turned into a small lovestory.

So I hope it will be different here.

Just now, triplem said:

she's a keeper..wink! 

Oh hell yes. For sure! I already fell for her :lol: 

I like the overall tone of the drama, each character has attracted me, even some of the villains, except ( brace yourself) JHR's. I was on,y half drawn to her (loved her in FIS and AOY) particularly disappointed by the stunt scenes...which I found a little...awkward. There are a few actresses who can convincingly do a stunt role Ha Ji won, Yoo So-Yi, and Li See young. The scene from first episode where she jumps and slides down and lands...looked awkward. So I was not overly impressed with that, but she definitely plays sexy. Which I am on the fence about, why is a woman only considered an asset to a team if she is the sultry object. I hope they don't hypersexualise her and make her the candy trap. I really see Le See Young character from lookout fitting well in thepis group. 

• Like 4

Finished todays episode, thoughts:

• This is why you should never answer your phone while driving!
  • Everytime I see people paying loads of money to cover hospital bills I'm SO glad that I live in Germany.
  • I wonder if the flight incident is supposed to be an allusion towards the germanwings pilot who killed himself and his passengers during a flight from Barcelona to Dusseldorf. Maybe some of you remember. -> Germanwings Flight 9525. It shares quite a few similarities
  • It's incredible how much the tone has changed in comparison to the first episode. It's completely different. Although it's just a flashback, the drama feels completely different from the ep yesterday. Watching him while he loses his family was really hard to endure.
  • Hong Joo crying in the car was a nice scene.
  • Interesting change of events at the end. So MJ is the younger brother of the death pilot who got the 3.4 million dollars at the end. 
  • RHY still is sexy in everything she does. :wub:<- Need to fanboy. 

Just now, triplem said:

Oh yes @Dhakra I remember the germanwings crash. Do u like KMJ's German name ? Maybe he might speak German here & you can tell us if it's accurate or not...:lol:

first eps ratings 

Yeah, it went through the media a lot I guess. It was a big deal here in germany which created a lot of discussion. His german name sounds like a typical german name, the way he pronounced was quite well. Impressive for a non-german. I understand it without any problems.

If there will be any german parts, I will translate it and tell you if it's accurate or not. :D 

===

ERIC NAM – BEFORE THE SUN SETS (해가 지기 전에) MAD DOG OST LYRICS

The quietly sad goodbye
I didn’t know that would be the last
Another day has gone
Only faded pictures remain

I was always alone
Am I used to it now?
Only holding onto the remaining promises
I’m waiting for you, even though you won’t come

Before the sun sets, before the sun sets

When the days grow long again
When I take a deep breath
And listen to my heartbeat

What does it mean to live?
I’m thinking again for you

I was always alone
Am I used to it now?
Only holding onto the remaining promises
I’m waiting for you, even though you won’t come

It’s even darker here
As I’m all alone
For you, I pray

Even the last words
Remain deep in my heart
Remain deep in my heart
Remain deep in my heart

cr: popgasa

• Like 4

Hi everyone :D

Just finished episode 2 and OMG lots of crying. I kept on dabbing my tears with tissue in the office. Luckily I'm in a room alone, if not, my workmates would be wondering why the heck was I crying at work. :tongue: Took a break from work to finish Ep2.

Thanks @AlexandraReid for the English lyrics of the OST by Eric Nam. I jinja jinja like Woo Do Hwan in this drama as Kim Min Joon. I think soon he will get a main lead role. I like his looks, he can be mean and good. Looking forward to next week for more Mad Dog.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, alekaonu said:

Thanks @AlexandraReid for the English lyrics of the OST by Eric Nam. I jinja jinja like Woo Do Hwan in this drama as Kim Min Joon. I think soon he will get a main lead role. I like his looks, he can be mean and good. Looking forward to next week for more Mad Dog.

Ur most welcome, i still didnt watch MD yet tbvh, since i started with HS 1st haha... i shall watch both of eps later on  :relaxed:

----

Otherwise i wish to read the comments from Knets but sadly most of sites seems not really active. -_-

• Like 3

Watched ep 1 and 2...I'm loving this drama ❤

why KMJ doing all this why he want mad dog ......what's his purpose I'm so curious to know about it. 

Kang woo (healer reporter) ❤.

Team mad dog love you all. 

I m so excited to watch next episode :love:Cockroach :joy:

• Like 2

I agree with @Dhakra that the second episode was totally different from the pace and story. Yet it was really good because now you know why Choi Kang Woo is so obsessed with Ko Jin Chul who was mentioned in the first episode. 

@stroppyse

It'll take KMJ's two years of digging and research to convince CKW that there were problems with that flight, and to go after the parties responsible.

I don't think that the flight itself was just the problem. In my opinion, the scam is connected to the flight company itself and the insurance company T.

• First of all, the insurance planner Mrs. Lee died because she committed suicide. So the circumstances of her death are suspicious. I would even say that she was killed. We were indirectly shown that Mrs. Lee was a helper in Ko Jin Chul's con. She was the one who noticed that manager Choi had noticed Ko Jin Chul. She lied to Choi Kang Woo, when she claimed that no new contract had been signed. Moreover she knew that the victims of that con were killed.
  • Then the conversation in the car between Hong Jo and this man  (I don't know his name) clearly shows that the flight company had signed a contract with T. Insurance company. He asked her to pay out. He was really eager to use the money from the insurance company. The news made it clear that the beneficiary of the assistant pilot's insurance was the brother Kim Min Joo, but in my opinion this contract was used as a smoke shield in order to hide the true beneficiaries of the plan crash. This contract turned the assistant pilot and his brother as a scapegoat.
  • Third point: Notice that before the plan crash, Mrs. Lee visited Choi's family and asked for help. His wife signed a new insurance contract. His wife thought, they should help each other but in my opinion, this new contract could play a huge part to reveal the scam.
  • Besides Park Soo Jung was the examiner of the plan crash but notice that now, he works for the police hence PSJ must have been pressured and quit his job there. This is another clue that the Insurance company is involved.  
  • Finally, it bothered me a lot that the CEO Cha gave Choi some money. I don't know but why did he give him money just like that? You could sense that this was the first time that CKW would be treated like that. So I saw it as a compensation. Moreover, he went to Jeju Island himself the night before. There could be a reason for that. Maybe Cha planned to con the insurance company, when he signed a reinsurance with another Insurance company.

The reason why KMJ approached Choi Kang Woo after two years is quite simple. CKW still has ties with that Insurance company. Moreover, I believe that KMJ wants to have his eyes opened to the truth. Cha might not be the man CKW thinks he is.

@alekaonu @Miky88 @saanjh sena Hello, chingus! Let me know what you think?

• Like 6

@bebebisous33 I'm agree with your every point.  Everything everyone look so much suspicious right now we have wait for next episodes to solve this mysterious track.

KJY02544.jpg?type=w800_q75For me he is  the most suspicious person.

KJY03975.jpg?type=w800_q75

Secondly he is also on list  (whole plan or trap plotted by him )

KJY02557.jpg?type=w800_q75FOR now mystery revolving around three of them but may be more or any other main leader behind this case may be possible. 

• Like 3

Ah~ so Minjoon's brother was the pilot of the ill fated flight that killed Kangwoo's family.

That newbie is seriously foolish. I mean sure he was doing a noble deed but look how he ended up and to forsake his wife who's expecting a child I might add tsk. tsk.

OMFG that was tragic how Kangwoo's wife and son died... I think this is a major reason why I have a fear of flying. I despised the actions of the flight committee who thinks monetary compensation can rid of the problem, this ep. sadly reminds me of the flight MH 370 which to this day has not been found.

Overall ep.02 had heavy undertones but it gave a glimpse into Kangwoo's backstory and basically how the Mad Dog team came to be. I wonder if that daughter of the insurance company might join the Mad Dog team too as seen in the posters?

• Like 3

I just watched EP 2 and cried buckets when the plane crashed. Yoo Jitae acted so so well and is sooo good looking! It's my first time watching Woo Do Hwan and he's got such an aura it's hard not to notice him!

and I love the boy acting as YJT's son. Such a pity he's gone after EP 2. 

I wonder what is the conspiracy theory behind the crash. $3.4m in exchange of Kangwoo's family lives... it's just too heartbreaking to hear that from him. :bawling:

• Like 4