[Drama 2017] Mad Dog 매드독

Go Seung Ji

NEXT WEEK!!!!

OMG so his brother is not at fault!!! Kinda saw that coming but so glad to see MJ and KW find out :) 

Also HR and MJ have finally caught my attention as a possible couple :wub: but not counting on it  to actually pan out in 16 episodes, probably will lead to an open ending which will indicate something may happen...

• Like 2

It seems that Cha Hong Jo is somehow involved in the plane crash. She isn't that clean. GCJ died due to his trust. He trusted his former schoolmate too much. Nevertheless, I have the impression that HJ is connected to this. In the preview, we see her with the killer. I don't know but it appears that HJ and her father are using Joo Hyun Ki. 

This episode was really good, especially the ending... I felt so sorry for KMJ.

• Like 3

• So smart of KW to use the backdoor to safe MJ.
  • But MR burned to death. Holy carrot, I didn't expect that. So now she really, really is dead. 
  • I wonder what her son is doing all the time.
  • The girls at the bar are native germans. You can hear that.
  • The german talk between the brothers:
Spoiler

BJ: "Mein Name ist Kim Bum Joon. Sind Sie mein Bruder?"                    "My name is Kim Bum Joon. Are you my brother?"

BJ: "Ich bin Pilot. Ich bin........Deutschland gekommen mein Bruder"     "I'm a pilot"

I have rewinded the scene more than twenty times and I can't figure out the word he tries to say afterwards. The whole sentence makes no sense from a german point of view. So you have to go with the translations below. From a talking perspective, he doesn't say anything regarding six years. it's not even a german sentence. Maybe @bebebisous33understands more this time.

MJ: "Hau ab, Schwein!"                                                                                   "Get lost, pig!"

• I still hope they just won't have time to develope a relationship between MJ & Hr @stroppyse

So a little confused about somethings

1) did MJ not empty his apartment? How is everything in place again after accident?

2) Does everyone have the same phone? What is that blue tape? Or a figure print sensor

3) That bar where MJ and his brother meet, I've even that in another drama

other than those, as always liked the drama. 

• Like 5

Episode 6 was really good, it got me engaged from beginning to end. 

MJ's brother's innocence

- We now know that it was not MJ's brother that lowered the steering stick/wheel, he pushed it up til the very end

- texts from MJ's brother show that he was wanted to see MJ after he finished his flght, meaning he had no intention to commit suicide 

- the co-pilot was an alcoholic at the time meaning his testimony is invalid  (I'm not sure about this, so does it mean he was the cause of the accident?)

Ummmm I'm not sure if I can trust that insurance friend of Leader, but now I also worried about leader's cop friend as well. In this episode, although he showed concerns like a good friend, he also mentioned he was having a tough time because his wife/child? lost a donor opportunity. I hope he doesn't betray the leader later on. 

There was some MJ and HR interactions, and boy was it cute >< 

In my head I'm thinking when is MJ and KW going to trust each other, stop going back and forth - it's making me anxious haha. 

As for the preview, it looks like we'll be continuing on with the main case. KW says to that CEO he wants to join TY insurance agan? At least now the  whole team knows that MJ isn't as selfish and conniving as he seems. 

4 hours ago, finebyme said:

1) did MJ not empty his apartment? How is everything in place again after accident?

2) Does everyone have the same phone? What is that blue tape? Or a figure print sensor

1) Yeah that's kdramas for you haha, somehow when a room is messed up it somehow is so clean like nothing happened. I will assume MJ has special cleaning abilities. 

2) Sponsorship and Product Placement. Another thing that is very common. Not sure about the blue tape, I didn't notice it haha. 

3) Yeah I think some drama productions re-use the same bar set it's more convenient and cheaper. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, kasjady said:

Sponsorship and Product Placement. Another thing that is very common. Not sure about the blue tape, I didn't notice it hah

Oh this Inam used to, what surprised me was that the backs of all the phones were the same. Often I would see the same phone in different coloured backs but thus time nope. 

Yeah, gross oversights, I meant EVEN his wall clippings were back on after having been brought down

• Like 4

Just when you think the drama can't get any better. It does!

The ending of Ep 6 got me crying along with MJ.

The texts really made it clear that his brother wanted to live and that's why I believe that MJ did not lose faith in his brother.

Hopefully the Mad Dog team will be complete.

I am still wrapping around how Ju Han Air and Taeyang Insurance are colluding and why. Any theories?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, finebyme said:

@finebyme..... I was wondering the same thing chingu. It was really weird how everything was put back in the same place when he came back. It was so weird but lets blame it on KDRAMA LAnd. I think these drama should at least try to keep it a bit logical instead of confusing their viewers. smh smh 

1 hour ago, Dramanoona said:

Hopefully the Mad Dog team will be complete.

I am still wrapping around how Ju Han Air and Taeyang Insurance are colluding and why. Any theories?

@Dramanoona...... My guess would be money laundering. Remember CEO of Taeyang Insurance has a ledger of money being given to all type of people in the government.   I need more info to theorize more on the money laundering .

From the very first episode , I couldn't stand that richard simmons Park Moo Shin. I hope he isn't involved in the Flight 801 cover up. Sure he did not do a good job investigating but if he was involved in the whole cover up, then he has no right to judge Kang Woo on how he tries to help people in their insurance claims. I felt he was an opportunist, selfish and very ungrateful. No wonder PJS never told him about his private life. Park Moo Shin didn't care that Kang Woo is trying to help people even the Professor had to tell him that KW is helping people and the length KW goes  through is all for a good cause. Park Moo Shin was shocked and he was fazed just a little bit but then his arrogance came creeping back. smh smh :angry::angry:

• Like 6

@stroppyse In my opinion, the money laundering could be the insurance system. Let just say that with the plane crash, they use created and fake insurance policies so that the supposed injured receive money, while in reality the money goes elsewhere. The authorities wouldn't look at the money, since there was that huge plan crash. That's one of the reasons why LMR asked for the originals. From my point of view, the hospital (I forgot the name) is the slush fund. 

By the way, it is always said that KBJ was the assisting pilot but to me, he was sitting in the pilot place and that from the start.

I agree with your critic in certain points. I wished that CKW would have acted less stiff and be more open-minded. Now, it seems that his relationship with KMJ is going to change. CKW has realised that KMJ was a victim twice. Due to his brother, he was related to a sin. Then he was stigmatized as a con artist.  

• Like 6

@stroppyse

I am not sure if the aircraft was not up to standard because in the interview clip (accident commission?), it showed the representative saying that the aircraft was not faulty and could be human error. Unless that investigator was paid off? Hmm...

ps19FZ.gif

I am confused about the pilot testimony where he claimed KBJ pushed the lever down. Then recant it at the ending scene and said he lied. Did he lie because he was forced/paid to? Did he lie to hide he was an alcoholic and should not have been able to fly that day (and by sheer stroke of luck survived the crash?)

MJ mentioned the payout on insurance would be more if it was aircraft/maintenance problems rather than suicide so was the insurance company going for a cheaper payout?

KW is beginning to no longer trust the company or the chairman. Take note of the look on his face.

RNwzEc.gif

I have yet to factor Hong Joo's role in this. Is she complicit? Or she really knew nothing until after the fact (accident).

And also KW's colleague, MS. He was the accident claims investigator and he looked genuinely shocked when the pilot said that KBJ was trying to pull the lever up.

So.... still many questions left to answer. I hope Go Jin Chul was smart enough to leave some evidence of Juhan Air involvement or Taeyang Insurance complicity.  GJC is the link between the two companies, or rather he was.

• Like 3

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Mad Dog" Episode 5

photo903503.jpg

"Mad Dog" continues to teeter between tedium and mediocrity as a chase begins to capture the unwilling shadows of the past. The chase itself may not be exciting, but episode five provides some development for supporting characters and their roles in the story, which balances the slower bits out. The friends and enemies of the "Mad Dog" team become clearer as our heroes rattle the cage.

I really want to like "Mad Dog", but the aforementioned focus on the chase is something I feel holds the series back. The plot focuses a lot on dragging scenes out which are not very exciting. Take the tracking of Min-joon (Woo Do-hwan), for example. It is supposed to be suspenseful, because he could be hurt by Go Jin-cheol (Park Sung-hoon), yet his role as a lead who cannot die yet kills that anticipation.

photo903502.jpgphoto903501.jpg

The series focuses too much on the process of investigation and not enough on the people involved or the stakes. That being said, several things about this episode work pretty well and the rather than Min-joon's life being of interest, it is Lee Mi-ran's (Gong Sang-ah) which becomes the focus. Her death would mean the delay of the characters, and by extension of viewers, finding out the truth. This makes her fate an engaging element to watch unfold.

The development of some supporting characters is one as well. Professor Byeon Gook-jin (Park In-hwan) has a very endearing relationship with Kang-woo (Yoo Ji-tae). He and detective Jo Han-woo (Lee Jun-hyeok) balance him out. It is Hong-joo (Hong Soo-hyun) who gets to shine here, however. Secondary female antagonists in love are often portrayed as weak-willed and governed solely by emotion. While Hong-joo could still be used as badly, she seems to have potential as a rogue element helping either party.

Spoiler

photo903500.jpgphoto903499.jpg

As for our two heroes, I am still not "feeling" Min-joon and his facade has gone from interesting to frustrating quite fast. I wish we at least get a hint for that behavior toward the "Mad Dog" team soon, because his demeanor is very different with Eun-joo (Park Ji-yeon-I). Ha-ri's (Ryu Hwa-young) sudden sympathy for the young man is not a strong enough vessel to carry viewer connection alone, try as it may.

It looks like we have reached the true death of Lee Mi-ran, as her involvement seems crucial enough to potentially solve the big mystery. I am still not sold on the story of "Mad Dog" and I hope to see more development of its interesting parts and people, rather than extended tracking sequences. At least Ha-ri smacked the sass out of Min-joon for me. Thank you, Ha-ri.

cr

Hari's punch? made me speechless, what use to get hype anyway? I dont really get this writer, SMH  funnygifsbox.com 2017 05 14 07 33 27 18 Lovely Mushroom Princess emoji gifs download

• Like 2

So sad but happy that MJ's brother wasn't trying to crash the plane and glad that KW was able to hear it himself. Hopefully that will build up their trust for each other. MJ really needs to drop this con-artist facade because it really doesn't work as a first impression kind of thing. Made everyone not trust him. T ^ T

Loved the subtle and small interactions with HR and MJ...hehehe...

But of course, this whole conspiracy is the main deal. So does HJ know that her dad is involved with the plane crash, I hope her conscience catches up with her and she helps the Mad Dog team with solving the entire case.

• Like 2

OY This drama is giving me a headache again:rolleyes:

So much back & forth - pretty much like the "dance" Hari-Minjoon's been doing' for the past 5-6 ep:tongue: now it's not Bumjoon's fault & Miran is indeed dead-_- on the other I like seeing the internal struggle Hari has over her trust issues with Minjoon LoL. 

Honestly if it weren't for Woo Dohwan I'd dropped this drama already... 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mindy said:

So sad but happy that MJ's brother wasn't trying to crash the plane and glad that KW was able to hear it himself. Hopefully that will build up their trust for each other. MJ really needs to drop this con-artist facade because it really doesn't work as a first impression kind of thing. Made everyone not trust him. T ^ T

What else could he do? Everyone hated him, and he has trust issues. This was the best approach he could think of and it worked. THe whole thing was sent up to make it look like his brother's fault. He was the only one who knew otherwise. He did not  know how far the corruption went. He was right to pull the con artist facade. It was him against the world. The team thought he was just the lucky beneficiary, looking at the way they treated him from beginning. They all still doubted him, only now they know after the pilot confession and hacking his phone that there is something fishy.

And his attitude is just that of someone who has faced life's hostility too often. He has survived living by the rule : me against the the world, finally his brother comes, but then he is taken away from him brutally. 

WHY should he trust  the team? Until before car rescue incident he no good reason to trust them.

Edited by finebyme
typos typos OMG typos
  • Like 5

59 minutes ago, finebyme said:

What else could he do? Everyone hated him, and he has trust issues. This was the best approach he could think of and it worked. THe whole thing was sent up to make it look like his brother's fault. He was the only one who knew otherwise. He did not  know how far the corruption went. He was right to pull the con artist facade. It was him against the world. The team thought he was just the lucky beneficiary, looking at the way they treated him from beginning. They all still doubted him, only now they know after the pilot confession and hacking his phone that there is something fishy.

ANd his attitude is just that of someone who has faced life's hostility too often. HE has survived living By the rule : me against the the world, finally his brother comes and is taken away from him brutally. 

WHY should he trust  the team? Until before car rescue incident he very no good reason to trust them.

I have to agree with what you said @finebyme  wished I could have seen it while i was watching this drama. For some reason WOO DO HWAN did an awesome job with this character. TBH Min Joo pissed me off so much because I don't think Kang Woo was ever the bad guy at Taehyeong Insurance. HE was a great guy who was an awesome boss and everyone loved him. I felt so bad for KW because this character hasn't moved on from the loss of his family and he is barely living right now.

THen you have a snot nose kid ( from KW's perspective) who is trying to order hm around and acting like KW is the bad guy. LIke you said  Min Joo has been abandoned by his brother, then his adoptive family, then he got his brother back and then He dies. Yes , that is alot of a kid have to go through and not have major trust issues:bawling::bawling:     THanks for pointing out . :grin: Have a cookie :cookie:  

• Like 2
  • LOL 2