[Drama 2017] Mad Dog 매드독

Go Seung Ji

Now that I've reached the end of Ep 4, it seems that Min Joon has the same goal as Kang Woo-- uncovering the truth behind the death of his brother.  I wonder why he chose to blackmail his way into Mad Dog instead of approaching them like a client. Is it because he figured Kang Woo would never work with him? Also, does Kang Woo believe Min Joon to be part of the insurance fraud that killed his family? Does he have evidence? Kang Woo's hatred for him seems way too strong for just being the surviving family member who got a payout.

Anyway, I'm just enjoying the action scenes and the caper feel of this drama-- not to mention the Yoo Ji Tae of it all. I've never seen Woo Do Hwan in anything, but he's very charismatic as the conman with an agenda pulling the strings. I just hope the drama doesn't get bogged down in the grand insurance conspiracy. I tend to check out whenever large groups of suits get together and there's CEO and business talk.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KiwiNeko said:

Now that I've reached the end of Ep 4, it seems that Min Joon has the same goal as Kang Woo-- uncovering the truth behind the death of his brother.  I wonder why he chose to blackmail his way into Mad Dog instead of approaching them like a client. Is it because he figured Kang Woo would never work with him? Also, does Kang Woo believe Min Joon to be part of the insurance fraud that killed his family? Does he have evidence? Kang Woo's hatred for him seems way too strong for just being the surviving family member who got a payout.

Anyway, I'm just enjoying the action scenes and the caper feel of this drama-- not to mention the Yoo Ji Tae of it all. I've never seen Woo Do Hwan in anything, but he's very charismatic as the conman with an agenda pulling the strings. I just hope the drama doesn't get bogged down in the grand insurance conspiracy. I tend to check out whenever large groups of suits get together and there's CEO and business talk.

Actually it is the other way around. From the start, only KMJ never bought the suicide of his brother and wanted to uncover the truth. For CKW, the cause was clear hence he didn't need to investigate the plane crash. He thought, KBJ had committed suicide. However, he wanted to meet KMJ in order to punish him. He thought, KMJ was a con artist. KMJ had to blackmail the mad dog because he knew that he had been stigmatised. In order to have their eyes opened, he needed them to see that there was more than a scam. Like I had written before, CKW had been trained to do an investigation in order to reveal a scam. For him, it was always a scam hence he never look at other reasons.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for clarification @bebebisous33! But, Kang Woo was investigating something regarding the plane crash, right? He had all those files stored in his home and Hong Joo was concerned that he'd go back to investigating.

What I was really wondering is why Min Joon had to approach them in such an antagonistic way so that the Mad Dog team didn't trust him from the start. While they were wasting time investigating Min Joon  and distrusting his words, the poor pregnant lady got injured. The reason the team couldn't investigate her case properly was because of how they viewed Min Joon. In that way, it worked against what Min Joon wanted. See what I mean? If he had approached Mad Dog honestly, there wouldn't be all this working at cross purposes. If he just appeared as a client and asked them to investigate his brother straightforwardly because like the pregnant lady, he doesn't believe he committed suicide for insurance money then things wouldn't get so complicated... But I suppose you can say that neither Min Joon or Kang Woo will ever trust each other because of their history and that's why Min Joon decided to approach Kang Woo this way. Plus, more drama! It sure wouldn't be as interesting if they all got along from the start.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KiwiNeko said:

Thanks for clarification @bebebisous33! But, Kang Woo was investigating something regarding the plane crash, right? He had all those files stored in his home and Hong Joo was concerned that he'd go back to investigating.

What I was really wondering is why Min Joon had to approach them in such an antagonistic way so that the Mad Dog team didn't trust him from the start. While they were wasting time investigating Min Joon  and distrusting his words, the poor pregnant lady got injured. The reason the team couldn't investigate her case properly was because of how they viewed Min Joon. In that way, it worked against what Min Joon wanted. See what I mean? If he had approached Mad Dog honestly, there wouldn't be all this working at cross purposes. If he just appeared as a client and asked them to investigate his brother straightforwardly because like the pregnant lady, he doesn't believe he committed suicide for insurance money then things wouldn't get so complicated... But I suppose you can say that neither Min Joon or Kang Woo will ever trust each other because of their history and that's why Min Joon decided to approach Kang Woo this way. Plus, more drama! It sure wouldn't be as interesting if they all got along from the start.

No, CKW would have never even listened to him. Notice that CKW viewed KES as a con artist, since her husband had died under suspicious circumstances. KMJ knew that they would follow him, hence he made sure that they would discover the case of KES. But once they did discover her case, they already treated her like a con artist. As conclusion, if he had approached them nicely, they would have judged him as a ruthless, hypocrite and shameless guy. Due to his pain, CKW was blind and deaf. He had shut down any emotion like empathy aso. Like I said it before, CKW had already been trained to judge insurance cases as fraud and scam... the plane crash and the case with GJC reinforced this bad habit.

• Like 3

Hello hello hello people.  Yay, I finally caught up.  Always behind, the story of my life. :D Been reading everyone posts.  I wasn't sure if I would keep watching.  Episode 4 got really interesting so I am in for the ride.

WHoaaa, who is trying to kill MinJoo and EunJoo?  Is that her or Lee Mi Ran in the above stills?

• @Dhakra @stroppyse sizzling chemi between MinJoon and HaRi.   I like RHY but have to say she feels a little subdued here, her attitude is not as sassy and badass as I thought.  She's just very efficient and plays her undercover roles for the team when needed. Take the masks and clothes off, she's vulnerable and very empathic to others.  HaRi obviously took KangWoo's side when the whole MooShin's power play happened.  Hope the drama goes back in time to their stories to let us know more.
  • Soooo MinJoon went after EunJoo because she was part of the trio orphans.  How did he connect Lee Mi Ran whom he saw his brother Beom Joon last with at the airport to Eun Joo? Seems like he didn't know they know each other until he saw the photo wall.  Ot does he?
  • What is in the folder that was handed to pilot Beom Joon from Lee Mi Ran?  What if Beom Joon committed the crime to save his brother MinJoon?  Maybe someone gave him the threat or directive in the envelope and forced his hand to commit the act.  Lee Mi Ran maybe was responsible for coordinating the life insurance unknowingly as the payment for his actions.  What if Beom Joon did not take out the life insurance himself for his brother.  That would explain why she faked her own death after the crash when she realized that she was used and fear for her own safety.  Would manager Park know anything about her story?
  • I don't think all these events are related.  Like Heinrich's theory, there is one common denominator among all the individuals... but some stories are directly related to the crash and some do not even cause the airplane crash.  Some are scams, some are murders, some don't even seem to be related to the murders or scams.
  • I suspect KangWoo will investigate his own family's death and insurance policies next now that he knows the common denominator Ms Lee also touched his family.  Does anyone know if KangWoo received beneficiaries payment from the life insurance? 
  • How does Han Seong Jin know manager Park?  Why would he even be involved?  What is in the hard drive of Eun Joo's hubby?
  • WDH has been quite good in his role.  Better than Save Me I'd say.  The shower scene angle is pure fan service, who would bring a cellphone into the shower? lol

Fun drama.  I like it.  Hope the ending delivers given how much my brain has to go to overdrive to keep up with the twists and turns.  :D

• Like 3

6 hours ago, bedifferent said:

sizzling chemi between MinJoon and HaRi.   I like RHY but have to say she feels a little subdued here, her attitude is not as sassy and badass as I thought.  She's just very efficient and plays her undercover roles for the team when needed. Take the masks and clothes off, she's vulnerable and very empathic to others.  HaRi obviously took KangWoo's side when the whole MooShin's power play happened.  Hope the drama goes back in time to their stories to let us know more.

I totally ship them here... :wub::lol:

5 hours ago, Mindy said:

Doesn't a question mark indicate potential relationship? hehehehhehe can't wait.

Well im not sure either, otherwise lets take example like other drama's character in 'Lookout'

as they even put some question mark too, and it lead them just as a teamwork..LOL

Spoiler

catcher-cast.jpg

but who knows if KBS will made different endings soon, We almost bout to reach Ep.5, and many things still questioning us between those two, included Cheetah & Pentium LOL :smirk:

DMpCN1XUEAASgLX.jpg:largeDMpCN1mUMAECVbb.jpg:large

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

On 10/24/2017 at 12:48 AM, KiwiNeko said:

I admit that I zone out when it comes to the whole Juhan Air (Choi Won Young) meeting Chairman Cha scenes. Maybe it's all this insurance talk.  :ph34r:

Sidenote: Choi Won Young seem to excel in villainous roles. LOL.

• Like 2