Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017] Mad Dog 매드독

Don't worry @kawaiibooty, I'm sure our wishes will be fulfilled . :lol:Min joon or Dong Cheul - he's gonna ace this . I'm also here for Yoo Ji Tae. Loved him so much in Healer. That's one hot ahjussi in my book. 

And I love how Apostle Jo is here with different hair !!! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Don't worry @kawaiibooty, I'm sure our wishes will be fulfilled . :lol:Min joon or Dong Cheul - he's gonna ace this . I'm also here for Yoo Ji Tae. Loved him so much in Healer. That's one hot ahjussi in my book. 

And I love how Apostle Jo is here with different hair !!! 

You gave me goosebumps with the quote "our wishes will be fulfilled"! :wacko: 

Nice one! :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

@triplem, translation of the second teaser.

Caption: Republic of Insurance Fraud, Republic of Korea

Caption: Car Collision Insurance, car repair cost KRW 320,000 KRW, medical treatment cost KRW 70,120
Man: If your car changed lanes, then what are you trying to do now?

Caption: Accident Medical Insurance, Treatment for bruised ligament KRW 254,320

Caption: Health Insurance, heart surgery KRW 437,562,874
Jang Ha Ri (Ryu Hwa Young): He runs so well like that, he had heart surgery for KRW 1,000,000,000?

Kim Min Joon (Woo Do Hwan): If I serve as a witness that it wasn’t an insufficiency, the insurance payment of KRW 2,300,000,000, I will take that.  

Woman: Do you think it will be able to be resolved with money?
Man: If not with money, then what could resolve it?

Caption: Yoo Ji Tae
Choi Kang Woo (YJT): This is not a place where the stories of people without money or power are heard, this Republic of Korea.
Caption: Woo Do Hwan
Caption: Ryu Hwa Young
Choi Kang Woo (YJT): Your stories, I will listen to them.

So, it seems that KMJ may serve as an expert witness for an airline that crashed a plane, but he wants the insurance money in return. Hmm, it seems WDH's character starts off as a bit morally ambivalent unlike YJT and RHY's characters who are much more about fighting the big corporations and standing up for the little people. It feels as if this story is going to be about much more than some insurance fraud. So excited for this drama to start. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

@stroppyse @triplem I am now joining this thread. I like the story and the main actors as well. The story reminds me a little of the drama of OCN 38 Task Force which I enjoyed a lot. Then the teaser and preview looks really good.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Hey @bebebisous33, nice to see you here! Can't wait for this drama to start. I haven't actually seen 38 Task Force yet, though I've heard lots of good things about it, and intend to watch it at some point.

I really like the flashes of humor shown in the teasers, so have high hopes for this drama.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@stroppyse @triplem I am now joining this thread. I like the story and the main actors as well. The story reminds me a little of the drama of OCN 38 Task Force which I enjoyed a lot. Then the teaser and preview looks really good.

Yay!!!! So Glad that you are. Looking forward to reading you here 

• Like 2

Scam artist Woo Do-hwan joins forces with Mad Dog Yoo Ji-tae 

Only eight more days until white collar crime procedural Mad Dog premieres, starring Yoo Ji-tae (The Good Wife), Woo Do-hwan (Rescue Me), and Ryu Hwa-young (Father Is Strange)! And to help us get excited for its arrival, more teasers and stills have been released. Yay!

The plot synopsis for Mad Dog is very similar to Police Unit 38: a refreshing drama that sends a counterstrike punch to a system that normalizes insurance crime, especially for the upper class. The character descriptions are also familiar: veteran police investigator who crosses moral boundary lines to catch his criminals (Yoo Ji-tae), check; young scam-artist-turned-temporary-good-guy-for-money (Woo Do-hwan), check; and beautiful female investigator (Ryu Hwa-young), check. But the similarities may end there, because in these new teasers, you can tell it’s going to be a totally different drama from the get-go.

Setting a thriller tone with its overcast colors, the teaser begins by announcing: “Korea, The Republic of Insurance Fraud.” A series of typical insurance scams are shown, like a car accident and a biking collision. Ryu Hwa-young whispers to someone that a man running healthily on the treadmill recently received a billion won for a supposed heart condition.

But not all accidents are planned—some are real tragedies. A plane crashes in midair leading to pandemonium, and Yoo Ji-tae cries in agony. Then Woo Do-hwan offers him a proposal: “If I can prove that this wasn’t an accident, I’ll take the 2.3 billion won insurance payment.”

In brief glimpses, we see other issues that are rooted in unjust allocation of insurance funds, which end up benefitting only the upper one percent as opposed to the people who really need it. Ryu Hwa-young is shown at a public demonstration against a careless construction site that killed people. A woman asks if everything can be solved with money, and a man replies coldly, “What other than money will you use to solve the problem?” The teaser ends with Yoo Ji-tae’s statement: “Korea isn’t a nation that listens to people who are powerless and poor, but I will listen to your story.”

The other 10-second promo clip doesn’t go that much into plot detail, but I love the gritty cartoon-photo-collage style of it. Both Yoo Ji-tae and Woo Do-hwan are shown, as the copy flashes onscreen: “Dark hero insurance investigation team refreshingly turns the world upside down.”

After playing an unscrupulous prosecutor in The Good Wife, Yoo Ji-tae seems a perfect fit in Mad Dog as an anti-hero, the leader of an investigation team who doesn’t care about what methods he uses to pursue justice. And I can’t wait to see Rescue Me’s breakout star Woo Do-hwan as an intellectual criminal who ends up working for the good guys.

Ooh, I’m getting chills of excitement already. KBS’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama Mad Dog will begin airing on October 11.

cr:dramabeans

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Because Yoo Ji Tae is here. I'm gonna check this one out.  No doubt we'll get good acting.  But still fingers crossed this will be a good drama- story lines, writing, editing and all that  stuff.

• Like 4

Annyeong... my first post in this thread and I'm in with you.:)

Cast Of New Drama “Mad Dog” Sends Chuseok Greetings To Viewers

l5XGE15QfqVA636427037304470044.jpg

The cast of “Mad Dog,” Yoo Ji Tae, Woo Do Hwan, Ryu Hwa Young, Jo Jae Yoon, and Kim Hye Sung, all sent their personal greetings to the viewers for the Chuseok holiday.

“Mad Dog” is a new Wednesday-Thursday drama directed by Kwang Ui Kyung and written by Kim Soo Jin, slated to premiere next week. On October 4, the drama dropped the first group shot of the entire cast as well as their holiday messages.

“Mad Dog” is the story of a former detective who now works as a veteran insurance investigator and leads a crack team of super investigators called the Mad Dog Team working to reveal insurance fraud.

Yoo Ji Tae, who plays the team leader Choi Kang Woo, said, “Drive safely and spend happy times with the people you love this Chuseok holiday. Please support the first episode of ‘Mad Dog’ on October 11.”

Woo Do Hwan, who plays the con artist Kim Min Joon, said, “October 4 is the nation’s great holiday, Chuseok. I hope that everyone can spend that day happily with their families. Have a bountiful Hangawi [another name for Chuseok]. Please look forward to the first episode of ‘Mad Dog’ on October 11 as well.”

Ryu Hwa Young, who plays Jang Ha Ri, the only woman on the Mad Dog Team, said, “Chuseok has arrived, the holiday where all of 2017 bears fruit. I want to tell everyone that they worked hard and went through a lot. I hope that only good things befall you from now on and that you cheer on the drama ‘Mad Dog.’ ‘Mad Dog’ will act like a vitamin by your side. Thank you.”

Jo Jae Yoon, who plays former nurse-turned-insurance-investigator Park Soon Jung, said, “I hope that everyone can eat good things and enjoy cultural activities and have a good time this Chuseok. Please watch the first episode of ‘Mad Dog’ next week as well. Thank you.”

Kim Hye Sung, who plays the genius technician Ohn Noo Ri, said, “Everyone, please drive safely and have a good Hangawi full of happiness and love. Eat good food and support the upcoming episode of ‘Mad Dog.’ Have a happy Chuseok!”

“Mad Dog” is slated to premiere on KBS on October 11 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/10/03/cast-new-drama-mad-dog-sends-chuseok-greetings-viewers/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Mad Dog> Cho Jae-yoon, another hard-carry acting premonition! First still cut released

Source: http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/216998

jtLvejjr2UoO636426219021764491.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Translation of the new teaser that @AlexandraReid posted.

caption: A rare incident in the Republic of Korea
Choi Kang Woo: Are you happy that you’re alive?
(Choi Won Young): A mad dog has attached himself to Mr. Ahn.
Man: It is not a weakness.
caption: Within the trivial, the hidden truth
Choi Kang Woo: There is no problems with the paperwork and if we want to get the evidence, then the recording from the site is absolutely necessary.
Choi Kang Woo: How much insurance did you take out?
(Choi Won Young): Pay attention!
caption: That issue must be closed!
Kim Min Joon: Is this everything?
Kim Min Joon: So now, should I go ahead and start?
Choi Kang Woo: Why did you come here?
Choi Kang Woo: Do you think I came here to step aside?

I’m not sure what the name of the character that Choi Won Young will be playing which is why the actor’s name is in parentheses.

So, a lot going on in this teaser, and it feels a bit all over the place, but I like it. I like feisty Jang Ha Ri (RHY) sliding across the table, the cocky self-assurance of Kim Min Joon (WDH), and the persistence of Choi Kang Woo (YJT). I take it that Choi Kang Woo is the mad dog who has sniffed the scent of the Mr. Ahn and is closing in on him.

The feel of this drama, at least in the teasers, feels a bit epic. I hope it is, but still with good character development. Anyway, one more week to wait on this one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4