[Drama 2017] Mad Dog 매드독

Go Seung Ji

What a awesome 4th episode.

So, this is going to be interesting. Who sent the clip of Insurance lady to Hyun Soo or CEO Cha is a mystery;

I really love the bromance between Cheetah and Pentium, actually all the boys.

Player Jang, is still not warming up to me, I don't see much to the character, except A LOT OF HAIR FLIPPING (I am going to make it a drinking show for that, everytime she draws back her hair I have a shot of soju). 4 episodes in and I can't help feel that she is pretty much a candy trap (For the viewers as well) :(.

Koodos to the costume designer to have her shirt soiled after climbing through the air vent.

AS for romance between  Jang and Min Joo... I hope nothing develops through out the show and it ends with a bit of a hint but nothing official. A romance will detract from the awesomeness of the show. My apologies to those who are rooting for a romance.

So she might have a bit of a back story, perhaps, which makes her character a little hard. I like her overall concern for the people in her group.

I had to really empathise with MJ when he was telling her the places where he had slept and then played it off as a joke. I got the feeling that it was the truth brushed off, I am guessing  he does not want anyone's pity. 

• Like 2

@stroppyse When I described KWJ's biased point of view about investigation, my explanation was more for the first three episodes. You are right that CKW has already been warming up to KMJ. You could sense it in another scene: he said good job to KMJ twice, when the latter helped Cheepah and JHR to have more time. This wasn't lip service, he really meant it. Since KMJ saved his partners from getting caught, CKW saw some sincerity here. But I believe that the turning point for CKW is, when he sees that the researcher left the place with the laptop without helping the pregnant woman. He was really pissed off. From now now, he was sure that the man was guilty of murder. I guess, the last discovery (Lee is alive) is the last straw that makes him realise that the cause of the accident has not been found out. Since they found the "what", at some point they will have to investigate the "why". All this time, CKW has been too focused on the "why"... the reason for the suicide, but since now CKW has seen that the means of the plane crash have not been properly investigated, he sees that he asked the wrong question. KMJ has always been a step ahead of him. Then I would like to point out that LMR stayed in touch with KE, which seems to indicate that LMR must have been close to KBJ as well. LMR was taking risk, when she let her friend know that she was still alive. She must have meant a lot to her. Therefore I don't think, she would have a friend like KBJ killed. However, I think that CKW's investigation about GJC might have been used to frame LMR. So the person behind it belongs to the insurance: CEO Cha.

@Dhakra @triplem @maddymappo @sava2sava I even had the crazy idea that since HJ is in love with CKW, her father might have decided to get rid of CKW's family so that after some time, HJ could marry him. I know, this is totally crazy. But it is clear that Cha hides a lot from HJ, he dislikes Joo Hyun Ki so much but shows a lot of sympathy for CKW all this time. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, triplem said:

Great to see you here @sava2sava

Yes I'm Back @triplem  Been out of touch dealing with real life issues, And also the last batch of dramas just didn't cut it for me spent time watching some mainland dramas..  But Kdrama new lineup has a few I'm enjoying.. Mad dog I must say it's quite interesting it's a total mystery.. Someone plummered stocks and got rich in the mean time off all those dead lives and now I'm starting to think CEO Cha was behind it..  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, triplem said:

Lol!!! @bebebisous33 I always love your theories. Although I would not put it past the writer to pull that off, I think it will take a series of well timed coincidences for The old man to be able to kill off Choi's family without killing him. He was scheduled to go on the flight after all. 

Okay, you're right. But notice that Choi KW calls Cha in order to inform him about the success of the surgery, our CEO calls his daughter just after. Striking is that HJ meets CKW at the hospital in order to inform about the last info concerning GJC. CEO Cha doesn't want to investigate him any further. She could have called him. But no, she meets him in person. When our protagonist sees her, he goes to her. He had to, since she had made the effort to come to the hospital. Due this conversation, KW is delayed. I know, HJ pushs him to join his family, however Jae Soo had asked for the same. He only missed the check-in for a few minutes. But just a few minutes are enough to change the fate. I don't think that HJ is aware of her father's true goal. He hides from her that he is purchasing Juhan air through bribes and slush fund.

Then here is another one: what if Jo Hyun Ki who is cruel, heartless and selfish had planned a plane crash for two reasons. He knew, his father wouldn't overcome this shock. He thought, he could become the CEO. Moreover, he had decided to get rid of Choi and his family, as he wanted HJ for himself. He knew that HJ was pining for CKW hence he had no chance, she would accept a marriage from him. By getting rid of his rival, he thought, he would be able to convince her to marry him. She is the daughter of the chairman Cha. However, CEO Cha seems to have known about his plans as he has never liked Joo HK. So he saized the opportunity to weaken Juhan air and indirectly JHS, he also helps his daughter to get rid of CKW's family so that after some time, her dream might come true: marry CKW. We have already witnessed, how Cha has been a step ahead of JHS, hence I can imagine that JHS had been supervised by Cha's minions. 

I know, this sounds so crazy but why not... so far, CKW has always thought, people would do anything for money, but what if there was another reason ? LOVE!!

@maddymappo @AlexandraReid @stroppyse @Dhakra @larus 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, triplem said:

Lol!!! @bebebisous33 I always love your theories. Although I would not put it past the writer to pull that off, I think it will take a series of well timed coincidences for The old man to be able to kill off Choi's family without killing him. He was scheduled to go on the flight after all. 

@triplem  So do you think Cha may have wanted Choi for a SIL and decided to use this method to kill them off, Also his daughter seemed pretty upset that he put his life on stand still.. I mean why do she care if he hasn't yet to decide to move on unless she has feelings for him herself..  Maybe old man Cha was going to use Choi to do his dirty work in taking over the airline no matter the goal he choose to place Choi front and centered..

12 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I know, this sounds so crazy but why not... so far, CKW has always thought, people would do anything for money, but what if there was another reason

@bebebisous33 Yes there's another reason and I'm still trying to figure this out also..    

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@sava2sava It is clear that CHJ had and has feelings for CKW and even the latter is aware of that. In the last episode, he asked her not to wait for him as he hadn't moved on. He will never forget his family. That's why I came with this crazy idea.

@bebebisous33  I don't think the idea is crazy in your comments theres a lot of logic in it..  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@bebebisous33  I don't think the idea is crazy in your comments theres a lot of logic in it..  

Well, it is crazy because how can someone kill so many people for power and love ?

@sava2sava @triplem Edit: Another reason why I came to this theory that Joo Hyun Ki wanted to kill CKW as he perceived as a hindrance to get what he wanted. Remember that I had pointed out that CKW had been followed, since when our protagonist watched the video with LMR, the spoiled and selfish man JHK received just after that scene the same video with LMR. So he was the one who sent a spy on CKW. Then this would also explain why JHK was full of hatred and anger in the first scene, when he had to bow the public where CKW was as an apology. If he was in love with HJ and saw CKW as a hindrance, it must have hurt his pride to do such a thing... but he couldn't avoid this situation. The last clue is: he was with HJ, when the news of the plane crash was released. He might have thought that CKW was on the plane. He wanted to be by her side, well aware that she would be hurt but she would hide it.

But since CEO Cha has created a slush fund and is using illegal means to get Juhan air, I do think that Cha isn't just getting revenge. To me, he has always been eyeing this company. It takes some time to gain so much money (10 millions) and so many connections. In my opinion, he is definitely involved in the plane crash too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Well, it is crazy because how can someone kill so many people for power and love ?

Well it's been done, Some kill for less just to have the man that they so sure they'll get.. I'm watching a daily like it now. 

• Like 4

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Mad Dog" Episode 3

photo900807.jpg

A cat and mouse game is great, but a slow burning fight between two mad dogs is not too shabby when the progress is decent. Kang-woo and his "Mad Dog" team turn Min-joon into their investigation's target; a move which the young man welcomes, even if he is met with more challenge than he anticipated. Meanwhile, a new face has surprising ties to the protagonists' past.

Episode three delivers more progress with the dog team and that is most welcome. In fact, the human element of the story is the most interesting one and that is no surprise; stories are all about experiencing nature and humanity. I find the fact that the team's backstories frame current cases and guide our hero's morality back to something less cynical quite encouraging. It is good writing, because it also helps audiences relate through someone closer than a guest character.

Spoiler

photo900806.jpgphoto900804.jpg

I am wondering what direction the series will be taking, however. Will every person of interest be another piece in the puzzle Min-joon (Woo Do-hwan) is piecing together while Kang-woo (Yoo Ji-tae) trails behind him, waiting for it all to make sense? Following an oblivious character towards a known outcome does not sound like an excting story, so my hope is that doubt will start creeping into Kang-woo's mind, making him directly involved in this mystery.

Then we have the politics. Oh where would Dramaland be without its Rich Evil Dudes™, their fake laughter and their backstabbings over expensive sashimi and drinks. This sequence and its characters are sadly an absolute snooze. Joo Hyeon-gi (Choi Won-young) is greedy with an inferiority complex and Chairman Cha (Jung Bo-suk) is a neglecting, calculating father. Cha Hong-joo (Hong Soo-hyun) is standard case of a smitten antagonist with daddy issues. I am waiting for nuance, "Mad Dog".

photo900805.jpgphoto900803.jpg

For now, I am curious about where Min-joon's behavior toward Kang-woo stems from. Is it just a facade to mask his fears and weaknesses or does he have some personal grudge against Kang-woo? If Chairman Cha had anything to do with the crash or if Min-joon thinks that he did, that would explain a lot. Kang-woo is still his most loyal dog, after all and as far as Min-joon is concerned.

Most of all, I want to see meatier content from the individual cases. I understand that Kang Eun-joo (Park Ji-yeon-I) is suspicious and that this case is more about our leads than her, but she is a dull, standardized victim stereotype. The creators clearly understand that pity does not equal deeper emotional involvement, so I hope they pay the same attention to guest characters as they do to their main ones.

cr

• Like 2

@triplem Yes and no. She might have been afraid that she could take the fall for the plane crash. Since KMJ have been described as con artist due to the insurance, LMR could have been framed as an accomplice. Moreover, since she had helped GJC in the past, she was well aware that CKW would blame her for that, especially after losing his family. T. insurance was onto her therefore she needed to fake her death. I mean, she had already figured it out that CKW was onto her (episode 2) hence she had called GJC and warned him. So she was afraid that her past con could turn her into a guilty part. Besides, since we know now that she was close to KEJ and KBJ, I don't think that she had planned to trick her friend from the orphanage. We see that she risked her life by revealing to KEJ that she was still alive. As conclusion, LMR had nothing to do with the plan crash... but her past was the reason why she had to fake her death. However, KMJ only reentered KBJ's life, just before the plane crash hence LMR has no idea that KMJ is the real brother of KBJ. This would be the reason why LMR and GJC try to kill him. We saw that he gave her back the papers just before the plan crash, as he had KMJ's watch, when the accident occurred.

• Like 2

My eyes have been blessed by the multiple shots of a glorious shirtless Minjoon eheh. Not to mention he and Hari are on F-I-R-E. LoL at both Cheetah and Pentium's comments (those 2 act like gossiping old ladies LoL) The tension between Hari-Minjoon is indeed palpable. That whole Virus scene reminded me of an earlier ep. with the Cockroach incident:D And so now it's revealed that the dead insurance planner is undead<_< Looks like Minjoon will be goin'  on a rampage in ep. 05 preview to seek out revenge, he might be in danger too. As it seems Ko Jinchul is out for more blood. Yikes the bad guys just seem to roll out in numbers in this show! Hyungi is about as bad/sinister as Hongjoo's Dad. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1