[Drama 2017] My Secret Romance 애타는 로맨스

czakhareina

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ommo...now i'm a bit glad i was so busy last week and didn't see spoilers sooner...would be much harder to wait...today i'll have to wait just a few h for subs :D

On 5/5/2017 at 0:20 PM, supergal99 said:

... falling ...in :heart:

(... ... she keeps falling ...:tongue:)

Its easy to fall when you know a guy like this will catch you right? :tongue:

On 5/5/2017 at 5:13 PM, secretromancefan said:

More kisses! I cannot wait!

:blush:...me too

On 5/5/2017 at 5:21 PM, myungsoojung said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY KISSED!?!? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *brb crying tears of joy* 

MY HEART IS EXPLODING WITH FEELS, I'M SO HAPPY.  (Is it sad, I care more about this fictional love story than my own non-existent love life? Oh well) BUT OMOMOMOMOMO, OUR SHIP IS SAILING (at full speed it seems like!?) 

Hopefully YM doesn't shy away from his advances and decides to follow her heart! So glad with the drama's pacing now, we're finally moving :D

Its ok chingu...this kind of things can't be forced...but good thing is that you never know when your good looking guy in a great white cabrio might come and sweep you of your feet :)...might be any sec

I like the pacing from the start...not to fast not to slow...but of course now that their romance started willingly to move on i like it even better...hope and wish for many skinship and kisses :wub:

On 5/5/2017 at 5:22 PM, kodomonojikan said:

OK, now JW really needs to buy a bed. Too bad they'll get interrupted by Chairman Cha.  

You know this may turn into a good thing...if he tries her food instead of that woman he so insist she becomes his DIL, he might finally change his mind who his DIL should be :wink:

On 5/5/2017 at 6:24 PM, triplem said:

omgeeee did you see after the second kiss how his hands slide up hers. and then carries away the plates like it was nothing......nose bleed...... Thanks @myungsoojung and everyone for the updates....

repost for reference... :rolleyes:

What a player right? :o:wub:...and she didn't have a hiccup???...strange :wink:...she was for some secs breathless...he should of go back and do a CPR :tongue:

Yeah...tnx guys for all great updates  heart.png 

oooohhhhh @bebebisous33 i loved that analysis even more. Yup, yup... i forgot one of the drama's central themes - the big secret! And it's not just about JW and YM's one night stand... it's also YM trying to keep her mother's erotic star background a secret. Yes, HT also harbors a secret since he's also in love with YM, HR is trying to keep her evil and bitchy side a secret from the chairman and the chairman... could he be harboring a secret too? like why did he and his wife separate that led to JW having abandonment issues?   

hmm... but not really interested in fully exploring that side of the story although it'll be intriguing to know why JW's mom left in the first place. Anyway, I'm more invested in seeing JW and YM's journey to becoming a couple and breaking down all their secrets and weathering through all the relationship challenges that they will experience. :wub: :wink:  plus the sweet moments, intense gazes and kisses! 

@Chellsee  thanks for the pics! i'm currently working and almost squealed when I saw SH's pic. He really looks dashing in black.

3 hours ago, gladys57 said:

@raqlobster, SUNG HOON did not audition for his role as CJW at all. He's already GODINMEDIA's favourite after his almost similiar role in their 1st drama, a webtoon called Noble My Love which was No 1 on Dramafever and other drama sites.  I know that its Staff are his number 1 fans! :heart:

That drama really propelled him to fame after he was "forgotten" by Koreans since 2012 when he last acted in FAITH although he won the best newcomer for his debut drama New Tales of Gisaeng in 2011. Then he was in a Chinese drama and did DJing there too. Luckily he became the ACE swimmer in Cool Kiz On The Block in 2015.

@gladys57 thanks for the info. I find Sung Hoon and Song Ji Eun's chemistry so irresistible hihi I guess the prod/casting staff are really good.

I read somewhere that there will be no ep 8 for MSR. Is it going to be shown next week or the network will air ep 9 (skipping ep 8) next week?

55 minutes ago, chicann7 said:

oooohhhhh @bebebisous33 i loved that analysis even more. Yup, yup... i forgot one of the drama's central themes - the big secret! And it's not just about JW and YM's one night stand... it's also YM trying to keep her mother's erotic star background a secret. Yes, HT also harbors a secret since he's also in love with YM, HR is trying to keep her evil and bitchy side a secret from the chairman and the chairman... could he be harboring a secret too? like why did he and his wife separate that led to JW having abandonment issues?   

hmm... but not really interested in fully exploring that side of the story although it'll be intriguing to know why JW's mom left in the first place. Anyway, I'm more invested in seeing JW and YM's journey to becoming a couple and breaking down all their secrets and weathering through all the relationship challenges that they will experience. :wub: :wink:  plus the sweet moments, intense gazes and kisses! 

@Chellsee  thanks for the pics! i'm currently working and almost squealed when I saw SH's pic. He really looks dashing in black.

@chicann7cheer1 onion headI could definitely return the compliment!good job onion head This underlined remark from you made me think of something else. My secret romance could be also seen from LYM's perspective. Yes, LYM has every interest to hide her romance from her mother!! Her mother (Jo Min Hee) would mess up everything in LYM's mind. Actually, I can understand LYM. First, she thinks that as soon as her mother discovers that she is dating, the former will express the wish to meet the young man. As soon as CJW meets JMH, the latter won't help herself to mention her past as erotic actress.

JMH's biggest flaw is her narcissic tendencies: she wants to be considered and treated as a celebrity. That's why  she never stops mentioning her career and her past. As long as she keeps mentioning it, she feels famous and senses that all the eyes are on her. However, she doesn't realise that her "celebrity" is viewed as something negative and isn't aware of the impact on her daughter. Notice that the first thing she did after arriving in Seoul was to work as spectator in a show and she tried to catch the attention of the cameras. JMH is definitely someone who wants to be in the spotlight hence she felt bored with her second husband in the countryside. She couldn't attract people's attention.

LYM thinks that as soon as CJW meets JMH, she will be considered as a bimbo as well, since her mother is acting like one. Morever, I can imagine that JMH will do anything to bring CJW closer to LYM so that her daughter has the impression that her mother is selling her off. From my point of view, it is very important that CJW doesn't meet the mother so soon, but he had time to get to know LYM before. Right now he knows how innocent and pure she is. In my opinion, that will be the reason why CJW and LYM get married in a very small ceremony, the opposite of the mother's wedding. If JMH had been there, I guess, she would have tried to catch people's attention.

Actually, if you think a little further, you'll notice that JMH and CJW's mother are the exact opposite. CJW's mother divorced because she didn't like living as a chaebol (you attract people's attention), while the other wants definitely to be in the spotlight. I guess, CJW's father would be perfect for JMH. He loves kids (grandsons), he is rich and famous... I don't think, he would be upset due to JMH's past.  

38 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

• First, he didn't know her very well and was mad at her for leaving him behind. Yet, the more time he spent with her, the more he saw her innocence and purety again. In my opinion, he definitely knows that LYM would have refused to date him, if he had asked her right away. She had told him that he was just one night stand and deep down, he must be aware of her awkwardness. Work is the perfect excuse in order to force her to spend more time with him. I find very funny and sweet that LYM got upset, when she heard that CJW yelled at his secretary that he would go to the resort with LYM due to work. Unaware of her presence, it was the right trigger for LYM to change CJW's plan. She didn't like the idea that work was the reason for spending time with her.

@nonski@zagigirl@kodomonojikan @supergal99 @moreenke @Nodame @docster6 @gutibear @ate @stroppyse@gladys57 @Kasmic @USAFarmgirl@triplem

hi @bebebisous33, as usual I love your analysis.  I just like to add on to this part.  I think initially when he started asking for LYM to deliver food to him and making it uncomfortable for her, he did it as a form of revenge for his embarrassment 3 years prior.  But, during those interactions, his attractions towards her resurfaced, likely due to what you mention, her innocence and purity which endeared to him.  Hence, it developed further into him wanting her, wooing her in his unique ways, taking into account of her personality.  I love how detailed he is in his pursuit.  Thats probably the characteristics that enable a lazy playboy chaebol become a successful businessman within 3 years.

I love that I can read this too.

That's right girl, just look more and you might as well touch too laugh-leaf-emoticon.gif?1292794624

Im looking forward in seeing JW and DG together. Though Im more glad that we are seeing that he is falling for YM before he meets DG. Just incase she might think that he was with her believing that DG is his child. 

DG so cute... I cant believe he was 4 at the time of their filming. He does look younger 

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, WoozyPrincess said:

hi @bebebisous33, as usual I love your analysis.  I just like to add on to this part.  I think initially when he started asking for LYM to deliver food to him and making it uncomfortable for her, he did it as a form of revenge for his embarrassment 3 years prior.  But, during those interactions, his attractions towards her resurfaced, likely due to what you mention, her innocence and purity which endeared to him.  Hence, it developed further into him wanting her, wooing her in his unique ways, taking into account of her personality.  I love how detailed he is in his pursuit.  Thats probably the characteristics that enable a lazy playboy chaebol become a successful businessman within 3 years.

I know that's why I said that he was mad at her. I didn't want to write again about it, since I wrote a long comment about it after watching the second episode. This is what I had posted (shorter post)

Well, in the episode 2, he was trying two things:

- get revenge for the humiliation: he really believed what the ahjummas told him that she left running because he hadn't satisfied the girl

- he wanted her to run back to him, to have the opposite effect of that morning

Sure, he has never forgotten her. He knew that it was her first time but the way she left him hurt him so that he had the impression, he got played and had misjudged her. Yet, when he showed his face for the first time to her later, he observed her reaction. He turned his face around very slowly and paid attention to her eyes. So he knew from her reaction that she hadn't forgotten him as well. That's why he was pleased. Yet, when she gave him a reason (one night stand), he got hurt because he had never thought, she would think like that. He keeps saying that LYM is predictable: he can see her attempts to ignore the past but he knows that she is still attracted to him: the hiccups. CJW sees the innocence and purity in her therefore he claims that she is very predictable. Imagine his surprise, when he sees HT next to her, giving him the impression that she's got a boyfriend. So for him, it will look like she has moved on, while he couldn't. But the presence of her half-brother will make him think that he is his son so that he decides to take his responsabilities.

When he heard that he was just one night stand, he was shocked and had a hard time to digest this, yet I also believe that it relieved him in the sense that "she never left him because he hadn't satisfied her!" That's why he is determined to keep her. Like his secretary mentioned it, he seems happier now, since he has found her. 

Since he had never forgotten that night, he wanted her to remember it as well. That's why he kept using different means to corner her, when she feigned ignorance. However, what he doesn't know is that she couldn't forget that night either. Nevertheless, he has always paid attention to her reactions:

- at the end of the episode 2: he wanted to know how she would react. He smiled as he was pleased that she hadn't forgotten him. She looked shocked.

- the kisses he gave her

- when he approached her from behind, he looked at her face and her facial reactions

CJW has always been someone who pays attention to people's facial reactions and faces. See the first scene in the episode 1, when the woman is trying to seduce him (her fake nose, her fake chin, her fake lips)...  

On 2017-5-7 at 3:03 AM, bebebisous33 said:

Her issue is that she is afraid of being stigmatised as bimbo / tramp, if she shows any interest in men. She is scarred due to the past. Since the students discovered her mother's past as erotic actress, LYM's reputation suffered as she was connected to a bimbo. LYM didn't want to be associated with that type of woman, therefore she tried very hard by any mean to make sure that she wouldn't be associated to a bimbo. Hence she used and uses her clothes to appear serious and less attractive so that she is not viewed as bimbo. This explains why LYM has never taken any initiative as well. HT's tactic to wait is pointless in the end.

As for CJW, he knows for sure what kind of woman she is, after seeing how she behaves. That's why he is pursuing her in a different way. 

@nonski @triplem

What HT has is not a tactic. It's inaction. That's why he will lose to CJW. :D . You are right about LYM & her conservative dressing. She does overcompensate because she's trying hard not to be labelled as a loose woman. 

I like the running theme of using food here to bring our OTP together. She bumped into the cake that he was pushing in the hotel in the first eps. That led him to bring a bottle of wine to "apologise". Of course we know the explosive events that followed.

My+secret+romance+catch+fall.png

Three years later , Fate/ Chance  brought her to work as a Nutritionist in his company. He got her to personally make his meals so he had the opportunity to see her & get "revenge"

song-ji-eun-and-sung-hoon-star-in-south-

Now he "punishes" her by making her eat with him. 

In the light of what we're going to see in eps 7 tonight,  I think CJW understands this : 

If you really want to make a friend, go to someone’s house and eat with him...the people who give you their food give you their heart." — Cesar Chavez

.,.after all there's always something very intimate about sharing a warm meal with someone.

pic credit to all owners .

1 hour ago, zagigirl said:

What a player right? :o:wub:...and she didn't have a hiccup???...strange :wink:...she was for some secs breathless...he should of go back and do a CPR :tongue:

Yeah...tnx guys for all great updates  heart.png 

Lol!!  The plates will fall if she did hiccup :D

Thanks for ur tag @bebebisous33 always a pleasure to read. Couldnt agree more about it being secret as befitting the drama title.

I actually just watched ep6.

The part i like- their short conversation about mothers

And the part i appreciate-

1. He remembered what she said about not throwing out the food. 

2. He notices when she dresses up for the date

3. He honestly tell her he wanted her company n he looked so vulnerable admitting didn't wanna eat alone

4. Which brings to this: he could surround himself with company.. Girls will line up in the street for him. But he doesnt. He rather eat alone all these while

5. He notices her undone shoelace. No haughtiness or ceo in him. No fuss in it. Seats her n bends down to do her laces. So sweet.

6. That tiny smile peeking out when he hears the other guy is just a friend n again when she wants to keep him company

I just love this and since everyone has talked about the romance I'm going to go another way, I would love to see YM settle things with her mother, so she can stop being delusional about her acting. Because I can see this being a sore point in the future. The old classmates who know about it and HR who I know will try to get in the way of their relationship will try using this against her, Maybe the stepdad will be a powerful and rich guy to and will be the saving grace. The good thing is because this is a short series that won't leave a lot of time for ugliness. 

Is it my imagination or is someone following them around and filming them, I'm always seeing that red dot and rec.

thank you @bebebisous33 for tagging me.  Love your analysis of the kitchen kiss.  How suave CJW is in  approaching her!!!!! wow!!!! He should really have had a very good past experiences with the girls and can understand their behavioural science the minute he saw them.   Thats how he could understand LYM after watching her at the resort  and moreover, the talk they had at the beach, really would have helped him understand her.

The one-night stand: the way she rejected him during the kiss and getting her ok during the process, he should have really high esteem for her, thats why he did not date any woman in those 3 years and spent his time in the office diligently.  also, he felt like he lost his  pride when  the ajummah's teased him whey LYM ran away after their one night stand.  So it should  also have pissed him off.  So, any step he takes towards her, he does it cautiously in such a way he is not rejected by her.  Very smart of him!!!!! 

The writernim has really created a GEM of a characters in CJW and LYM.  Even though we all agree this drama is a trope, but we see that all the happenings are in the reverse order unlike the usual k-drama.  Meeting of the leads, one-night stand, separation, time jump of 3 years, meeting of the leads again, falling in love, dating, wedding, happily every after...................

I am kinda suspicious if our Deabok chairman will accept LYM as his  d-i-l.  He  very well know about his son that he was a player but suddenly stopped playing and was working hard for the company for the past 3 years.  He also repeatedly asked JW that if he has girl he is dating.  So, i hope he readily accepts LYM and dont disapprove her and break our sweethearts.

So, next week are we getting 3 episodes?  Its going to be a long waiting for us..........................

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Actually, if you think a little further, you'll notice that JMH and CJW's mother are the exact opposite. CJW's mother divorced because she didn't like living as a chaebol (you attract people's attention), while the other wants definitely to be in the spotlight. I guess, CJW's father would be perfect for JMH. He loves kids (grandsons), he is rich and famous... I don't think, he would be upset due to JMH's past.  

Yeah...not all people like to be under magnifier all the time...and bad thing is that many times people that doesn't like it have it and run from it and the other that r dying for it does not have a chance...like JMH

I agree that her and his father might be a good match...she'd get a high style life and lot of att and he would remain busy and occupied with a woman like her

2 hours ago, triplem said:

Lol!!  The plates will fall if she did hiccup :D

:D...if i were him i would be worried...plates affects more? :tongue:

7 minutes ago, rei_smasher11 said:

Will there be 2 eps on next Monday or will just be stuck with one? :(

On Monday with just one i'm afraid :(...but we'll have another on tuesday  :D...not like tomm...without one :angry:...who cares about election?!? :vicx:

Archived