[Drama 2017] My Secret Romance 애타는 로맨스

czakhareina

@bebebisous33  Agree with your assessment of HT. Actually, the flashback scene where he just stood there and watched YM being bullied by other students really annoyed me. If he had feelings for YM at that time, or even if he just viewed her as a friend during their high school years, the decent thing to do would have been to approach her and ask if she's ok. But he just stood her with a guilty expression on his face.. and I guess his inaction then still bothers him  now. Remember when he had some of this buddies over at the Book bar and he suddenly remembered that same scene. He was also got a bit annoyed with his friends but he tried not to let it show.

As for JW, yes, he was the first person to ask YM if she was ok... which is why he made such an impression on her. She also never forgot their one-night stand. She even admitted to herself that she continued to feel things way after their beach encounter and it frightened her. For a relationship newbie like her, she had no idea that what she was feeling was the start of something deeper ... and yes she also felt mortified since it was so unlike her to have a one-night stand... but I'd like to think that love was already blooming between them even at that time.

But going back to HT, I for one never felt that he had a chance with YM. Even after that prolonged hug and the way that he cares for DG, YM will always consider him as her friend - nothing more, nothing less. I just hope he'll learn to accept that and not try to get between YM and JW. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tianaa said:

everything is moving so fast i just  OMG my heart CJW knows what he wanted and  go for it i feel bad for HyunTae likes her but cant bring himself to tell her and she already friendzoned him  am so waiting for the next EP

Hehehe! My dear chingu , nice to see you here. And I love that you cross reference with a gif to my other fav  drama ManxMan. :lol:

@bebebisous33 You are right about HT. he's not a bad person but he had way too many opportunities to confess but he didn't. Too bad then. He's afraid of being rejected & that is a form of pride. Anyway I think he can see she's already fallen / likes CjW 

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "My Secret Romance" Episode 7

photo847029.jpg

One of Yoo-mi's more comforting qualities is her sincere desire to be helpful. At least, that's the sense I got from the odd scene where Jin-wook contrives a work-related reason for him to cook dinner for Yoo-mi, and Yoo-mi simply looks at the entire situation like it was an actual job and not merely a thinly veiled excuse for Jin-wook to spend time with her. Although I suppose it helps that Jin-wook himself probably believes his own ridiculous excuses.

Of course, this sounds like the last several episodes really. "My Secret Romance" does not appear to be in any hurry to get us to any direct romance, even if it constantly teases us with scenes like that kiss. Which for once is actually enhanced by the epilogue, which states fairly explicitly that the kiss didn't actually last that long. It was just all the sparks flying off in Yoo-mi's head that made it seem like a protracted dramatic moment.

These are the ways that "My Secret Romance" almost manages to feel like a pastiche of a "Real"romantic story- there's just barely enough of a self-referential attitude when it comes to any given joke that it's easy to get the impression that "My Secret Romance" isn't taking itself seriously. But for the most part it is. The story is just standard Cinderella stuff. Although as is the case with Cinderella itself, the other characters tend to have more interesting motivations than the actual leads.

Consider Dae-bok, whose main motivation here is exposed to have less to do with corporate shenanigans and more the typical old person desire for grandchildren. Which is a good motivation to have, since it demonstrates to us that Dae-bok's grumpiness is coming from a completely different place than what Jin-wook has been assuming. Then there's Hyeon-tae and Hye-ri, who are acting like the lead characters in a completely different love story. Their relationships with Jin-wook and Yoo-mi are instructive mostly in how they don't work.

Well, that works better with Hye-ri though. Hyeon-tae seems to be flirting with the idea of actually maybe coming on to Yoo-mi at some point. Hyeon-tae moves about as slow as Jin-wook, though, and the actual lead character has a much better head start so...eh, whatever. Honestly, I have trouble getting that excited about "My Secret Romance" because, pleasant though the drama may be in general, the story really is almost completely devoid of genuine surprises.

Review by William Schwartz

"My Secret Romance" is directed by Kang Cheol-woo, written by Kim Ha-na-I and Kim Yeong-woonand features Sung Hoon, Song Ji-eun, Kim Jae-young and Jeong Da-sol.

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-my-secret-romance-episode-7-105768.html

I dont know if I just missed it in this thread, but can anyone tell me, why didn't they TALK about the kiss? It's their first kiss after 3 years! Isnt that a big deal? And it's an admission from JW that he likes YM. Why are they not addressing that? 

Am I the only one here who thinks that JW may actually mistakenly think that YM lied to him about her relationship with HT and that DG may be their love child and not his?  Which is why he pulled a "hurt puppy look" when he saw them on a scooter!:angry:

Moreover that horrible HR would add more fuel now that HT told her that YM lives in the same building as him. :cold_sweat:

hiii!! just wanna ask where can i see the original page where this video was posted? pls pls o jsut want to download all their cute bts scene hehe they were holding hands off cam here i cannot https://twitter.com/LaLing_Eyebags/status/860630361633472512 just check this link lol thank u

and btw how do you download the oksusu app i mean where can i find it? 

1 hour ago, birdonthewire said:

I dont know if I just missed it in this thread, but can anyone tell me, why didn't they TALK about the kiss? It's their first kiss after 3 years! Isnt that a big deal? And it's an admission from JW that he likes YM. Why are they not addressing that? 

They didn't talk coz they r not ready yet to put it black on white...they r still in grey zone with their feelings...they love to be together and seek more and more one for another but not ready yet to fomalize their relationship

They should of talk about their often meetings...or him making plans that includes her ...but they didn't for the same reason 

1 hour ago, gladys57 said:

Am I the only one here who thinks that JW may actually mistakenly think that YM lied to him about her relationship with HT and that DG may be their love child and not his?  Which is why he pulled a "hurt puppy look" when he saw them on a scooter!:angry:

Moreover that horrible HR would add more fuel now that HT told her that YM lives in the same building as him. :cold_sweat:

I don't think so...if he would think she has a child with HT i don't think he would join them...i think he would run from them...but he will be jealous here coz YM&HT r really close

HT would be able to do something with info our friends lives in the same building if JW doesn't know that fact...but he already does...and he  already said to her he does...but she will keep trying i'm sure to undermind our guys :rolleyes:

dear angels heart out there pls pls kindly do translation of the bts..i mean what both of them talk to as i can see before the kitchen kiss jieun sort of "clean up" or pick something frm sung hoon shirt...their skinship on n off screen soooo lovely...

37 minutes ago, hyall said:

YM already told JW she lives on the floor above the one HT runs his cafe in.

Of course I DO KNOW that YM did tell him that HT lives on the floor above hers!

I'm referring to ep 8 preview!

BUT that " hurt puppy look" he pulled when he was in his black limousine and seeing her riding  pillion on HT's scooter must have hurt HIM REAL BAD! Moreover YM & HT look really close in that scene. So I assume he is so jealous that he'd thought she lied to him.  :angry:

Archived