[Official] Yoo Shi Jin - Kang Mo Yeon

twtwb

4 minutes ago, Learry said:

Source claiming to be close to Song Hye Kyo reveals reason for divorce

The unnamed individual added that the stress from the failing relationship caused the Korean actress to lose five kilogrammes

Posted:28 Jun 2019

Interest in Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo’s personal lives has risen to all-time highs in the aftermath of Song Joong Ki’s shocking declaration that he was filing for divorce from fellow A-lister Song Hye Kyo.

Although both actors have asked for the public’s understanding that they will not be discussing the details behind their split, that hasn’t stopped speculation about a third party being the cause of the breakdown of their marriage, which lasted less than two years.

A source claiming to be close to Song Hye Kyo has since stepped forward to give her side of the story, claiming that the Korean actress has been under so much stress due to her failing relationship that she has lost five kilogrammes.

Her drastic weight loss is claimed to be the reason why she has been spotted without her wedding ring on multiple occasions – the band is reportedly too big for her to wear. The source went on to share that the 37-year-old has tried all sorts of ways to try to get the ring to fit again, including layering it with smaller ring so that the band would sit on her finger, rather than sliding off every time she tried to wear it.

The unnamed individual let on that the biggest reason behind their divorce is because the couple do not see eye to eye about starting a family. They reportedly had a huge fight about having children last year, and Song Joong Ki moved out last September because of they could not reach a middle ground.

The former power couple met on the set of 2016 hit drama Descendants of the Sun, and started dating under the radar. They announced in July 2017 that they were going to get married and tied the knot in an intimate ceremony on October 31, 2017.

https://entertainment.toggle.sg/en/hallyubuzz/article/source-claiming-to-be-close-to-song-hye-kyo-reveals-reason-for-11670920

Thanks for the info,

If this is true not sure why it wasn't discussed beforehand. Having a child and religion is two important topic that should be brought up while dating. If someone marrying another person knowing they don't want children yet hoping they would change their mind after marriage is asking for a heartache. 

False hope is never going to sustain a relationship. 

• Replies 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(Sorry I don’t know how to make the text smaller on my phone. I wrote this in a note then pasted here)

Ok. I’ll start by saying I am not a diehard shipper but I have been upset by some of the responses and the willingness to believe rumours and drag either party through the mud. Please understand that I am here because divorce is tricky and it is neither SKH or SJK who have final say over the statements being made. Their legal teams and agencies will have been over everything as a strategy for divorce proceedings—ugly but true. 

First. It is clear that there were no extra martial affairs. Park Bo Gum’s agency would never take legal action if that was the case. Same with SJK. The agency wouldn’t start legal battles if they might lose because the rumours are true. 

Second. The source for the “revealing secrets and lies” statement is from an “acquaintance” on his side. Let’s be real. If there was someone close enough to know that and they then leaked it to the media... well they aren’t a good friend to either side or the couple more generally. It is sensationalising and a good headline—click bait. 

Third. My gut says that filing separately and without notice is because of disagreements over assets. (More on this below)

Fourth. Also regarding his filing separately, it must be very difficult for both of them right now. When people are going through trauma they respond differently. Public image-wise filing separately, before his drama finished was a very risky PR move for SJK. (I do not think he knew there would be so much backlash against her; also he should come out and say that people shouldn’t be going after her but my guess is his lawyers have told him to keep quiet). Meanwhile SKH has stated it was personality differences. That is a real thing. It doesn’t matter how in love you are with someone if there is a fundamental difference in how you want to live your life it can undermine that love. It can be little things or big things—in other words everything from how you live around the house, how you want to spend money, or starting a family

Finally

I am a student of language and am very sensitive to how people use words. In his statement the language reflects genuine pain. Hers is distancing—this is a way to protect yourself from pain, it doesn’t mean she isn’t sad or upset. SJK is clearly the more emotional/reactive while SKH is the more rational/less emotional side of the relationship (imo). Both are legit and there is no shame in either approach to life. Nevertheless it can cause huge problems in a romantic relationship. It starts off exciting because there is a natural push-pull but overtime it causes stresses. (I’m saying this from personal experience. When you are that different it takes twice as much work). 

BUT!!! I think ultimately their agencies and legal teams are taking different approaches. Personally I think (the way the legal teams are perusing the divorce) is about assets rather than anything else. That is why they are saying he isn’t seeking alimony(as far as I can tell there is no such thing as alimony/spousal support)... therefore one of them probably has more assets and he is willing to just split everything in half rather than determining who gets what. He wants to get out quickly and cleanly and perhaps she is choosing to “quibble” over particular assets—say to split evenly they have to sell property or stocks and she doesn’t want to do that (Say her house). Both are reasonable attitudes... they have both worked very hard to get where they are. 

(Example personally I would want to go item by item because the idea of selling certain things for a quick divorce would be really upsetting to me...)

Ultimately we will never know. I like to think though that neither party is to blame. Speculation isn’t going to help us or them. True I’ve just speculated that it is assets and difference in how they express emotions—so feel free to ignore what I’ve said.

Remember if this is hurting you, you have support from this community. Take care of your health, eat something extra delicious, and go for a nice long walk/take a bath or shower/listen to your fav music. Xx

Link to info about divorce in Korea where I got my information regarding alimony. 

https://www.international-divorce.com/d-korea.htm

Hi everyone, this is my first time im posting in here but I’ve been silent reader since the first.

I really love to see how everyone cherish songsong couple and also whenever I saw songsong its give believe that love is really beautiful.

I was so shock when the divorce news came out, suddenly it feel really empty. To many question that no one except them can answer, like :

-          How can this happen?

-          How can SJK filled the divorced paper first?

-          How SHK still keep remain silent ?

-          How can they aren’t fight for their marriage?

-          Are the rumours true ?

-          Etc

Well I know no one cant answer except them.

Since SHK is really private person maybe she will remain silent, I wonder how she feel right now. She really hurt because her marriage life, she is hurt because seems like everyone point finger that this is her fault. Can she handle all of this? Will she still believe in relationship?

I know SJK must be really hurt too, we know how much SJK loves her. Its must be really hard decision first. He is head of family so how much he broken until he filled that? He must be really hurt too. He must be hurt that he can keep his marriage life.

How much they go thru until they cant fix something that they build? Both of them must be really hurt.

I cant belive that the couple divorce hit me really hard, I just feel I was broken like them. Maybe some of you thing I being exaggerating about this, but maybe because I just into their relationship.

I’m still hoping they still have negotiation before the final. I hope they remember when they start,when they together and how the cherish each other, I really hope they can go through about this. I still pray to the God that they can reconcile everything maybe it sounds selfish as their fans, but only God can make everything happened.

And if still cant work out I hope they can end it with right way and not hurting each other. At the end they are the couple that have been loving each other so much.

Sorry if my English has a lot of mistake since I’m still learning. And lets us pray for the best.

Butterscotch 2020  thanks for your post it enlighten me and somehow ease the pain for what’s going around. Both are in pain and if only anyone will just leave them alone as it’s their lives and business to deal with not adding more pain by siding and pinpointing whose at fault  will stop this divorce to get more uglier . I can only wish for both to be strong  and hope the pain will not take long to heal for you both can find happiness and joy. Life is shot whatever and how you want your lives is yours to live! Praying for both 

EDIT: I would like to emphasise that I am not a legal professional, especially not in korean law. I looked it up because I was curious about comment that SJK was not seeking alimony. So any of my comments are based on that rather than in-depth knowledge of the Korean courts and particularly divorce proceedings.

I just wanted to tie this off because it is becoming clear that the reason for [filing separately might be] about who split the money not because anyone did anything wrong. [EDIT: following the comment from @stroppyse I have edited my comment to remove 'contested divorce' and have qualified it accordingly]

I realise most people will not ever read this now but I think it best to make this clean. I also hope this clarifies the new article on Soompi which discusses how they will split the assets. The comments on the article are for the most part misleading. 

1-In Korean law what you brought to the marriage is yours. (exception-if you were unemployed; stay at home mom; etc)

2-What you acquired during the marriage entirely under your own name is your. (if you bought a dress with your money, that is your dress it doesn't count towards the total amount... you get to keep the dress).

So no one is trying to take anyone else's money. 

What the question is: How to divide the assets (stocks, property, high value items like art) SHK and SJK acquired together after marriage. This could be tricky if they bought a house together. If she paid slightly more but he has paid for all the refurbishment--the same amount of money has gone in to the house from each person. But who owns more of the house (and therefore its value) is it her because she put in more money or is it equal because his contribution after purchase was the same.

The article points out that because they haven't been married very long and because the majority of their money was made before the marriage it should be relatively easy. 

The conflict, it seems is that his side want to do a lump sum but her side want to go item by item. Both approaches are reasonable and it is one of the most common problems in divorce. This isn't a question of 'who gets more' but 'how do we split things'. 

In context the fact he isn't asking for alimony (let's be clear, alimony is not a thing in Korea), means that his side acknowledge that she is wealthier, she has more assets than he does. Therefore he is not seeking to split the total money 50-50. 

A break down (i'm using small, fake numbers to make it easy):

Before Marriage:

SKH $100

SJK $80
Couple $0

During Marriage:

SKH $170

SJK $150

Couple $50
(total $370)

Dividing assets 50-50:

$185 each

(SKH +$15; SJK +$35)--This is not going to happen. He is not making money off the divorce

Dividing without dividing pre marriage assets:

Each keeps their money from before and only divide what they got as a couple

SKH $170 + $25 = $195

SJK $150 + $25 = $175

The problem could be that to get that $50 divided equally they have to sell things that she does not want to sell (like property).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1335518wpp/song-joong-ki-and-song-hye-kyo-to-reportedly-divide-combined-net-assets-over-100-billion-won 

Finally, regarding the rumour that he is being pre-emptive so that she doesn't spread lies... Ok. Pretty crass way to put things but I think it is referring to the issue of assets. She stated personality differences (I still think this is correct) but he did not want that to be seen as the reason they filed separately. Rather the reason there is a contested divorce is assets rather than an affair or other sensational reason for divorce (abuse or abandonment).

I hope this helps anyone who reads this. All my best.

43 minutes ago, Butterscotch2020 said:

I just wanted to tie this off because it is becoming clear that the reason for a contested divorce is about who split the money not because anyone did anything wrong.

I realise most people will not ever read this now but I think it best to make this clean. I also hope this clarifies the new article on Soompi which discusses how they will split the assets. The comments on the article are for the most part misleading. 

1-In Korean law what you brought to the marriage is yours. (exception-if you were unemployed; stay at home mom; etc)

2-What you acquired during the marriage entirely under your own name is your. (if you bought a dress with your money, that is your dress it doesn't count towards the total amount... you get to keep the dress).

So no one is trying to take anyone else's money. 

What the question is: How to divide the assets (stocks, property, high value items like art) SHK and SJK acquired together after marriage. This could be tricky if they bought a house together. If she paid slightly more but he has paid for all the refurbishment--the same amount of money has gone in to the house from each person. But who owns more of the house (and therefore its value) is it her because she put in more money or is it equal because his contribution after purchase was the same.

The article points out that because they haven't been married very long and because the majority of their money was made before the marriage it should be relatively easy. 

The conflict, it seems is that his side want to do a lump sum but her side want to go item by item. Both approaches are reasonable and it is one of the most common problems in divorce. This isn't a question of 'who gets more' but 'how do we split things'. 

In context the fact he isn't asking for alimony (let's be clear, alimony is not a thing in Korea), means that his side acknowledge that she is wealthier, she has more assets than he does. Therefore he is not seeking to split the total money 50-50. 

A break down (i'm using small, fake numbers to make it easy):

Before Marriage:

SKH $100

SJK $80
Couple $0

During Marriage:

SKH $170

SJK $150

Couple $50
(total $370)

Dividing assets 50-50:

$185 each

(SKH +$15; SJK +$35)--This is not going to happen. He is not making money off the divorce

Dividing without dividing pre marriage assets:

Each keeps their money from before and only divide what they got as a couple

SKH $170 + $25 = $195

SJK $150 + $25 = $175

The problem could be that to get that $50 divided equally they have to sell things that she does not want to sell (like property).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1335518wpp/song-joong-ki-and-song-hye-kyo-to-reportedly-divide-combined-net-assets-over-100-billion-won 

Finally, regarding the rumour that he is being pre-emptive so that she doesn't spread lies... Ok. Pretty crass way to put things but I think it is referring to the issue of assets. She stated personality differences (I still think this is correct) but he did not want that to be seen as the reason they filed separately. Rather the reason there is a contested divorce is assets rather than an affair or other sensational reason for divorce (abuse or abandonment).

I hope this helps anyone who reads this. All my best.

I too would want to clarify something about contested divorce in korea.i studied this type of divorce yesterday unfortunately coz of kikyo separation.republic of korea follows the model of guilt based divorce....meaning the spouse guilty of breaking the marriage cannot file divorce and if filed won't be accepted.the fact that jk rushed to file it while kyo was out of country without even letting her know clearly shows he chose the contested type so that kyo automatically falls in guilty spouse category which pretty much explains why so many fingers pointing on kyo......quiet a disrespectful and unethical way of initiating separation.so jk being the one to file separation has already acquitted himself of any marital faults.division of assets is part of contested divorce proceedings, not the reason. reasons which the non guilty spouse can file divorce from the guilty one fall under six categories.whoever in this forum wants to know these 6 categories can very well check on google as I don't know how to attach exact link here.if someone can show me how to then I will link here .

On 6/29/2019 at 12:56 PM, gelli aduviso said:

I agree..some of the people here are not shippers for songsong couple in the first place but just butting in and just being nosy about the issue..I am more than hurt and sleepless because I'm concerned about the couple and it pains me more to read that people are making up false accusations and reasons about their divorce...I pray that they can reconcile and resolve their issues privately...I love you forever SongSong couple!!!!

Yes exactly. Im silent reader here but i do ship them from the very beginning & eversince with kyo itself. Let's just pray for both of them. As they've said, let us respect their decisions. Whatever the reason was, it's their private life to protect with. Though sad as it was but the fact that songsong couple exists once was enough to cherish the memories forever... 

I have to say, from a simple bystander perspective (and I consider myself a bystander because I can’t say I’m the most invested fan), it is quite distressing to read all the news and ensuing speculations surrounding the divorce. As it is, divorce in itself is already a very painful affair. Having the entire world interested in your private pain only adds to more distress. This is almost like Princess Diana and Prince Charles’ divorce all over again.

I don’t understand Korean law. Add to that divorce and marital laws. So all I’m getting is what I’m reading here and what the translated articles have said. In my years of interacting with English translations of Korean text and limited understanding of Korean, I realise there are many poor translations out there. Some terminologies used by English translators (whose first language may well be Korean) are poorly chosen and give wrong impressions to non-Korean/English speakers. For example, the use of the word “alimony” when there is actually no such concept in Korean law as I understand it now reading this forum. Regardless, SJK unfortunately or otherwise, comes across as the aggressor now in this suit. Perhaps not so from the Korean perspective, but certainly in the world where I come from, his actions seem very ungentlemanly, and an absolute disappointment from how he had once upon a time portrayed himself as different from other Korean men vis-à-vis his treatment of SHK, someone who it would seem has suffered unfairly in relationships with chauvinistic men. Korean men continue to come across as oppressive and controlling, regardless of what their dramas try to portray of them. All in all a very negative impression and taste I am getting of their culture with regard to how they perceive gender issues. 

1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

I have to say, from a simple bystander perspective (and I consider myself a bystander because I can’t say I’m the most invested fan), it is quite distressing to read all the news and ensuing speculations surrounding the divorce. As it is, divorce in itself is already a very painful affair. Having the entire world interested in your private pain only adds to kore distress. This is almost like Princess Diana and Prince Charles’ divorce all over again.

I don’t understand Korean law. Add to that divorce and marital laws. So all I’m getting is what I’m reading here and what the translated articles have said. In my years of interacting with English translations of Korean text and limited understanding of Korean, I realise there are many poor translations out there. Some terminologies used by English translators (whose first language may well be Korean) are poorly chosen and give wrong impressions to non-Korean/English speakers. For example, the use of the word “alimony” when there is actually no such concept in Korean law as I understand it now reading this forum. Regardless, SJK unfortunately or otherwise, comes across as the aggressor now in this suit. Perhaps not so from the Korean perspective, but certainly in the world where I come from, his actions seem very ungentlemanly, and an absolute disappointment from how he had once upon a time portrayed himself as different from other Korean men vis-à-vis his treatment of SHK, someone who it would seem has suffered unfairly in relationships by chauvinistic men. Korean men continue to come across as oppressive and controlling, regardless of what their dramas try to portray of them. All in all a very negative impression and taste I am getting of their culture with regard to how they perceive gender issues. 

I second you

Hello guys! I'm also a silent lurker in this forum and it is my first time to post. I know what had happened is kinda disappointing and many of us are also dishearted. Many of us started to point a finger who to blame between them. But come on guys, if marriage is not yet the end of their story as well as divorce.. We don't know what really happened between them, but what we can do now as a fan is to extend our prayers to them, maybe to think divorce all over again and decide. We may not know what will happen next but at least we know that we do what we can. Things will certainly happen, we really don't have any slightest idea about future. But praying in to something that maybe many us will believe that is already impossible will never be a bad idea. It may result in to something good or maybe not but at least i know that whatever happens, i did something for them as a fan for the both of them.

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

However, I did notice comments regarding Korean divorce law in this forum, and wanted to clear some things up. First, let me start by saying that I do not know if the Song-Song couple are having a contested or uncontested divorce. An uncontested divorce can be granted by having both spouses appear at court together and confirming that they both want a divorce. Otherwise, it does become a contested divorce, meaning that one spouse wants a divorce and one doesn't.

Hi, I wanted to say that I have amended my comment. I do not know whether the divorce is contested or not and should not have made a statement that implied one rather than the other. Apologies as the last thing I wanted was to give fire to any further speculations. I merely hoped to outline my thoughts and impressions. best -B

“We have come to walk the same path that people worldwide have walked before us.

At times it’ll rain, winds will blow and we may trip over obstacles.

But over time, we will bravely get up again by holding each others’ hand.”

— Song Joong Ki

We’ll playfully smile at each other and say ‘It’s not a big deal.’”

— Song Joong Ki

We’ll learn to continue walking even more firmly and bravely.”

— Song Joong Ki

16 hours ago, chilis said:

“We have come to walk the same path that people worldwide have walked before us.

At times it’ll rain, winds will blow and we may trip over obstacles.

But over time, we will bravely get up again by holding each others’ hand.”

— Song Joong Ki

We’ll playfully smile at each other and say ‘It’s not a big deal.’”

— Song Joong Ki

We’ll learn to continue walking even more firmly and bravely.”

— Song Joong Ki

My fellow shippers. I suggest not to keep remembering his words towards her.the more we remember it will make us sadder.we initially shipped them coz of their drama not coz they got married.lets just remember them as the best on-screen love team.forget that they married. We have to overcome this sadness.its not easy considering how heartily we admired them but we have to.

Hi there,I have been a long time song hey kyo fan..and also jong ki..I am really shocked and sad about the news and even now I can't speculate what is the reason behind the divorce..for me I just hope through this ,things will work out between them..one thing for sure is that they should not listen to what others(their close friends or family) said but to listen to their hearts... through their divorce that had made headlines just hope that they can recall back those memories when they were in love,when they have each other's back..may be through those things will make them realise and believe they were fated with each other and fight for their marriage..to forget about what happened and forgive each others because we all know marriage  is not an easy task..one has to go through a lot of things..so to put those mistake aside and fight for you marriage..so that they will not regret later..I just hope for things to work out..

And you based this on just rumors? Do you personally know what happened to them? I’m sorry but you, like the fans you dislike for hating on sjk, is also hating on shk and putting all the blame on her. I don’t like to blame any of them because I believe in every relationship, romantic or not, it takes two to tango. Actually, like in this situation, in all divorce or separation, I don’t get why the woman gets all the blame. It is just so unfair. If a relationship does not work out, does it have to be the fault of just one person? You’re insinuating shk did something terrible, are you privy to their relationship or you just based that on what her haters or netizens are spreading? You do not even know what shk supposedly did and you are hating on her based on your assumptions and the assumptions of persons who do not really know what happened to their relationship.

I believe both of them truly loved each other. It is wrong to presume sjk loved her more or that shk did not love sjk just as much. Remember that she was judged so much already for dating two co-stars, even if nothing is really wrong with that. She even avoided getting into a relationship with sjk but she put all her trust into him when she said yes to marrying him. She is hurting in this divorce too. And unless we know what really happened between them, let us not speculate on what transpired and make assumptions just to support the narrative we like or our bias. I admit that I am more of shk’s fan but I will never resort to blaming sjk when I clearly have no personal knowledge as to what happened between them.

@sheng308 I agree with your words. 

It's looks like bias but I'm really a fan of shk and really wish her the best in life and happiness.

I also never blame sjk as we don't know the real truth. 

Whatever the outcome I will stand by Kyo no matter what as her job and work is amazing and she one of the actress that make me keep rewatching kdrama. 

As for ki he have many of his own supporter and fans of his own. And looks like korean loves him more.

I do slightly hope they can reconcile and be together again. But we never know either it is good or not for the future for both of them. 

1 hour ago, 진짜 빛을찾고 싶다 said:

I'm korean. On youtube i saw many foreign fans blame song joong ki and  i can't keep silent. Song joong ki had been song hye gyo's fan for a long time and loved her truly. But when he found out she did terrible thing he was shocked and got out of his house to friend's house and cried much. Now most korean know that and blamed her. So many repoter know what happened. But that fact will not be reported unless song joong ki reveals it officially. One reporter said if he were song joong ki he would divorce, too on his youtube channel.  And  song joong ki  said he doesn't need alimony and just wants to divorce quickly and quietly. That was aired on tv news. Do you know his drama <innocent man>? People say he is like kang maru in that drama. He is innocent. If you can read korean you will find out the fact. I want him to reveal the truth so that you will understand him. Most korean feel sorry for him.

Reveal hidden contents

wow you just created account to state this??? Im sure you know SHK did terrible thing! Reporters have youtube broadcasts???

빛은 실제가 아니다

Why would a woman like Hye Kyo risk marrying someone, do something terrible, to lose half her fortune?

She took a chance to marry SJK , she wanted it to fail?

The problem is most likely having baby, trying to have baby, her working too much, or there was no love ever.

A marriage should involve only the 2 to communicate.

Too many friends or family is a big problem.

Running off instead of facing problems head on doesnt help.

In the past, was  there solid evidence she does terrible things to her partners?

Whats the big deal she dated 2 actors in past?

Foreign fans and Korean fans almost always have disagreeable and opposite view points from each other.

I can relate to what's happening a lot because it's like reliving YoonA's and LSG's story and break up.

Things are often perceived differently inside and outside the country.

Regardless, it's obvious that Koreans would know more about certain situations and the real facts at hand that happen inside their own country rather than anonymous international fans posting on the internet, some blinded by the love, admiration, and distorted image they have of the person they idolize.

Some things which would shock foreign fans are public knowledge and taken for granted in Korea.

I'm not saying 진짜 빛을찾고 싶다   is 100% correct in his/her account of the story, only to listen carefully to what he/she says and that it's more believable and credible.

Archived