Quantcast

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

• Replies 43.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SBS Presents Moon Lovers : Scarlet Heart Ryeo                                                      Drama: Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart: Ryeo Revised romanization:   Bobogyungsim

I suppose I can make a preliminary announcement to give some background information before the official call.  Media like DVD/Blu-ray don't sell very well in Korea, so creators of Kdramas don't r

KYAAAAAAAA I justsaw this on weibo, obviously its a continuation from her "peck" aahahhahahahahahahha I am such a goner.........................................

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, pigsflyy said:

So I now know for certain that I can't like Yeon Hwa even a little bit. She doesn't value life of others at all. Zero remorse...

@pigsflyy  you can't really blame Yh this is the life of the palace it's do or die, She refuse to let her brother make her and mom amount to zero for a girl.. So palace life is all she knows and you have to play the game or the game will play you HS is living proof of that.. I bet she will take heed to WS every word from now on not to trust anyone especially those that are close to you..

Well I finally caught up, Off to wach my other dramas..

• Like 5

Man, I hate palace politics - it's just really cruel. Yesterday I said that I'm getting swayed by So but with ep 11- I AM ON THIS SHIP WHOLEHEARTEDLY WITH MY SOUL SO/SOO 4EVS (lol) but really though, the palace is not really for Soo... It's too demented. I cried, literally in this ep, Court Lady Oh :( my heart is weeping. I felt really sad for Wook too, it's not that he can't do anything but he just really can't - I mean with his family at risk and everything that's in line.  Heartbreaking but it's how it works and Yeon Hwa, wow. I really admire her attitude - yes, she is (probably) evil lol but let's try to put ourselves in her situation she's really smart and will do everything to their family the throne. The circumstances are really unfortunate. Also, this ep just put all IU doubters to shame, the girl can act, okay?! Gosh, I wish I can to talk each everyone of them and tell how this ep really moved me. 

On the other hand, we'll be getting more So/Soo (YAS!!!) *happy dance* This ep also reminded me of the Cosmo interview where they ask who was the opposite of their character and something like that then they said it was the 9th prince and some of us were still in the dark on what he'll be like in the drama, he's really cunning and manipulative - I wonder if he has any redeeming quality though I really doubt it. 

(I've always thought Queen Yoo was familiar then I remembered she is also Bangjayeon (?) in Jealousy Incarnate )

I'm truly grateful with this thread, you guys are really awesome! :)

• Like 13

Wow, episode 11 took me on an emotional roller coaster. I was happy, then super heart broken, then happy...and then heart broken. I don't even know what I'm feeling still. 

First of all, props to all the actors. This episode really showed their superb acting...especially from LJG and IU. I could really feel their emotions. I think my favorite scene has to be the prison scene and the scene where he stands beside her, shielding the rain. So many feels. 

Court lady Oh, you are the real MVP here. I can't believe she died. She was one of the good guys :tears: I blame Wook. He semi made her to stand up for Soo!

I think this has the be the point where Soo figures out that 8th prince isn't really on her side as she thought he was.. I mean, he turned his back on her during the ending scene. And to protect his family from more suffering, he has to fight for the throne now. I think his turning point was when his mother begged the Queen... I don't know. I feel sorry for him at the same time. 

Now what I'm not sure about is... if the King cared for Court Lady Oh so much, why did he not marry her? And if he knows Queen Yoo is throwing shade at the Crown Prince, why isn't he confronting her? 

For a modern girl, HS is taking living back in the 900s awfully well. I think if any of us were to be transported back like that, our bodies would, first, not be able to adjust to this totally unhygienic place.. I mean, were refrigerators even invented back then?? And the tourturing shinanigans... really surprised she didn't get some kind of infection or something. Props to HS. I think I would've been dead already if I was in her position. 

Also does anyone know what the drama between Queen Yoo & Wook's Mother is? Was it because  Queen Yoo framed her mother for poisoning a court lady and causing her to have a miscarriage? 

I'm hoping all the really sad parts are over with and now HS and WS's relationship can develop further! And I'm still wondering how HS will go back to her modern life and if WS will be able to some how get transported there toooo. There has to be a happy ending to this heart wrenching drama. I'm hoping! 

Love reading everyone's interpretations and everything. Keep it up!!!!! 

• Like 20
6 hours ago, dears said:

Gwangjong? Won't even bother to look at Yeon Hwa? And yet in history, they have 5 children together. That is baseless I think. A man is always just a man. I think they are destined for each other.

6 hours ago, solelylurking said:

But to be fair to your words, many people around the world can make babies without being in love with one another.

I was going to say the same thing. Having many children does not mean the parents are in love. Sorry if our image of WS is being tarnished a bit, but in reality, men do have the ability to just do the making babies without putting in any feeling whatsoever at all.

3 hours ago, akinahana89 said:

The entire scene between So and Soo at the prison is just another perfect example of how well they know each other and how much they care for each other. Soo's only concern was So's health and well being.  She was worried, but as soon as she saw him, it was a big sigh of relief. She even said, "I knew it." She knew he was going to be okay because he was stronger than that. Having just survived a day of torture and in immeasurable pain, her focus was still only on So. Making sure not to move around too much, making sure to take his treatment well, making sure to rest.

And So? There are just no words to describe.... The way the two of them interact with each other. It is kind of just like one of our Eclipses said. They both may not be perfect, but they are perfect for each other. This scene was so beautiful and a great depiction of So2's relationship and compatibility.

May I just add to your observation above, in that HS knows WS so well that even though he claimed he's not some kind of pathetic guy who would drink poison for a girl, not even for a second HS bought his bluff, because she just continued to say "Why did you do that?" And also, before she spotted WS in front of her cell, she was whimpering in pain, but as soon as she realized he was there, she mustered all her strength to sit up and talk to him. Yes, not just talk, but also advise/remind him to take care.

3 hours ago, solelylurking said:

About WS marrying YH, he can't do anything if it is the King's order, same like Eun. WS is not the guy who easily change or sway. He stay firm to what he believe and to the people he love since the beginning. It must be as heart breaking for him as it is for Hae Soo. We must bear in mind that marriages in that time, specially to royals, is not the same as we are. They oftenly married without love, it's basically pure bussiness. Why they even have children? Because it goes without saying. The children will be the seal of the deal. 

I never once thought WS will marry YH because of King's order. I actually believe he went into the marriage in full readiness knowing how it will strengthen him as (candidate) King. No one, not even the King, can make WS do what he doesn't want to do. He is a person who is ready to defy and fight back. Eg. he went to plead with his father for HS's life. He was ready to take HS away at the gallows even if it means defying King's order. He stood beside HS in the rain to support her even though King said whoever helped HS will be in trouble.

Btw, as to the whereabouts of WS during the 2 days of HS kneeling, I actually thought that he knew that is what HS wanted to do, and instead of like BA trying to dissuade HS from pleading with King, he supported her and just let her do it. I'm sure he's watching closely making sure she's okay. Which is why as soon as it rained, he came out to provide her shelter. If it hadn't rained, he would probably still stand at a distance watching. Thanks to the rain (water), we get to witness the heart-moving scene.

• Like 18
15 minutes ago, tatty said:

Wow, episode 11 took me on an emotional roller coaster. I was happy, then super heart broken, then happy...and then heart broken. I don't even know what I'm feeling still. 

First of all, props to all the actors. This episode really showed their superb acting...especially from LJG and IU. I could really feel their emotions. I think my favorite scene has to be the prison scene and the scene where he stands beside her, shielding the rain. So many feels. 

Court lady Oh, you are the real MVP here. I can't believe she died. She was one of the good guys :tears: I blame Wook. He semi made her to stand up for Soo!

I think this has the be the point where Soo figures out that 8th prince isn't really on her side as she thought he was.. I mean, he turned his back on her during the ending scene. And to protect his family from more suffering, he has to fight for the throne now. I think his turning point was when his mother begged the Queen... I don't know. I feel sorry for him at the same time. 

Now what I'm not sure about is... if the King cared for Court Lady Oh so much, why did he not marry her? And if he knows Queen Yoo is throwing shade at the Crown Prince, why isn't he confronting her? 

For a modern girl, HS is taking living back in the 900s awfully well. I think if any of us were to be transported back like that, our bodies would, first, not be able to adjust to this totally unhygienic place.. I mean, were refrigerators even invented back then?? And the tourturing shinanigans... really surprised she didn't get some kind of infection or something. Props to HS. I think I would've been dead already if I was in her position. 

Also does anyone know what the drama between Queen Yoo & Wook's Mother is? Was it because  remember Queen Yoo framed her mother for poisoning a court lady and causing her to have a miscarriage? 

I'm hoping all the really sad parts are over with and now HS and WS's relationship can develop further! And I'm still wondering how HS will go back to her modern life and if WS will be able to some how get transported there toooo. There has to be a happy ending to this heart wrenching drama. I'm hoping! 

Love reading everyone's interpretations and everything. Keep it up!!!!! 

The King cannot marry Oh Sang Gong because she is of lowly birth. Also Oh Sang Gong probably does not want to get married as she is bitter about the King left her for power and throne. Also the court lady that was poisoned to miscarriage is Oh Sang Gong. Queen Yoo framed Wook's Mother and exiled her. She does not want her children to go thru the same thing as her.

12 minutes ago, smitten1710 said:

If I might ask here, the tea that Yeon Hwa drank is supposed to be from the CP's tea pot. CMIIW the tea pot was empty after Wang So drank 3 cups from it. That's why Hae Su went away saying she'll pour more hot water.

Both the wine and the tea are poisoned. CP did not drank the wine. Also. YH faked being poisoned.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, valsava said:

@skxz  I have to give the writer and the camera crew props for this scene it shows WW literally turning his back on her.. All she could ask was why..  I'm trying to figure out do she realize whats he's doing because she has always believe everything he told her and she held on to his every word..  Would this be the outcome of they breakup and she's throwing his bracelet..

Yes she was completely taken aback when he turned around because she thought he would never change. In her mind he was the only one that would not change he was "perfect" and she even thought about saying yes to his hand in marriage and moving out of the palace with him to Hwangju. But all this came crashing down when he turned his back on her because he had to think about his family. He physically showed her that he is not able to stay by her side ALL the time. That action from him showed that he had broken all promises he ever made to her. She was in the most vulnerable state and he could do nothing but walk away from her shattering ever good image she ever had of him. She can't quite grasp the situation yet because she's so flooded with all her other emotions. 

From here on out I think their relationship is going to go downhill as she realises from Lady Oh's words and from her own experiences. He is not the man she saw him for and he has openly shown that to her. I completely forgot about the bracelet because I was so angry at him. But now that you mention it she wasn't wearing it when Lady Oh touched her scar in the cave scene. So all her belongings might be in her room as of when she was put in prison. I think Soo will return the bracelet to Wook during this scene.

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-28%20at%204.28.5

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-28%20at%204.28.3

And when Wook breaks the bracelet I believe that will signify that he has ended all feelings for her. Just my guess though. 

Soo_zps2wbj0pwl.gif

Also what happen to the screaming scene? Or does that come later on.

• Like 19
20 minutes ago, smitten1710 said:

If I might ask here, the tea that Yeon Hwa drank is supposed to be from the CP's tea pot. CMIIW the tea pot was empty after Wang So drank 3 cups from it. That's why Hae Su went away saying she'll pour more hot water.

HS said that the water has run low (as in some is left but is less) so she will bring more

• Like 8

@amisyka77 Thanks for the translation. Just when I thought this drama screwed up big time with the OST (except that I really love Lee Hi's Can You Hear My Heart minus the ill-fitting rapping by Epik High), I really really have so much respect that they come up with this song.

It is such a hauntingly beautiful song with very poignant lyrics. It's pretty much equal to the mesmerizing Lee Sun Hee's "Fate".

Spoiler

I can perfectly picture how sad the scene would be if Scarlet Heart is to follow the C-version, going for the sad ending with the death of Haesoo, with this song playing in the background. That will surely break many hearts. 

• Like 9

The eyes have it..LJK's eyes that is

38eaf0ab4b5de674e7604520daf0c6a4.jpg

I think if  Kang HN  wasn't so adorable, Wook  might not be getting as much sympathy..he really hasn't had my sympathy from the beginning as he was a married man & was already disloyal to his wife in his heart..  he has a lack of character..how heartbreaking for HS

Some might say that as Wook's was an arranged marriage that it is understandable ..but his wife was an angel, how could you live with someone like that & not come to love them..ah, but he did & only realized it later..however , loyalty was still lacking.. 

I really think what was appealing about Wook to HS was that she thought he would protect her, he gave her that impression (his adorableness didn't hurt either) So his abandoning her was all the more devastating

fear not.. WS to the rescue..he is already her shelter in a storm & willing to put his life on the line, you can't ask for more..but then you have those eyes..sigh

• Like 23
1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

btw, except for ratings,

Are producers making a profit out of this series? As long as profit is there.. the project will be called a success

Yes I believed they made money just from youku (china) alone. They paid them something like usd400,000 per ep bringing them $8mil. It is the most expensive drama to be purchased in China.

In fact i think they planned to cover cost from China that's why they preproduced it so that China can simulcast. China only accept simulcast if their media authority vets and approved the whole series. 

And then there are the USA n southeast Asian plus Japanese rights plus osts .

So although a historical drama is expensive to produce in addition to the big ensemble cast, I believed they have made money. :)

• Like 19
8 minutes ago, qwenli said:

Yes I believed they made money just from youku (china) alone. They paid them something like usd400,000 per ep bringing them $8mil. It is the most expensive drama to be purchased in China.

And then there are the USA n southeast Asian plus Japanese rights plus osts .

So although a historical drama is expensive to produce in addition to the big ensemble cast, I believed they made money. :)

@qwenli Of course they have this drama is a big hit with the international audience, Let's not count the other endorsements the actors are getting.. 

• Like 8
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner