Quantcast

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Wow, so much Wook's bashing after episode 11, not that I'll complain about it *ducking from Wook shipper* :phew:

But seriously, I agree with one of the post that said 8th prince character development in Scarlet Heart: Ryeo is much better than in C-version. Maybe because KHN is a great actor that we as the audience know the important point WW start showing his dark side.

About the ending, I'm not sure we will see the same kind with the C-version. 'Cause I don't see the "Love" vibe between HS and the 14th prince that strong enough to make WJ take HS away from the palace. Mine you, will we have a different kind of ending? (that end happily, I hope).

• Like 16
  • Replies 43.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SBS Presents Moon Lovers : Scarlet Heart Ryeo                                                      Drama: Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart: Ryeo Revised romanization:   Bobogyungsim

I suppose I can make a preliminary announcement to give some background information before the official call.  Media like DVD/Blu-ray don't sell very well in Korea, so creators of Kdramas don't r

KYAAAAAAAA I justsaw this on weibo, obviously its a continuation from her "peck" aahahhahahahahahahha I am such a goner.........................................

Posted Images

10 hours ago, briseis said:

Perhaps the preview for episodes 12&13 is misleading again.

i agree i think there was one more killer ...Yoo sent him ...have you noticed his evil smille?After realizing he is 13 th prince the princess will give up her revenge thoughts...i want to belive that...i read her character and HS will be friends...

• Like 10
24 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

Fifty shades of WS?crazy-monkey-emoticon-039.gif   

HS won't have a time to state she like it or not.. and i'm sure HS won't complain either. since she will very very very.... busy!!, you know what I mean?? Lol

Yeppp.. Serving fresh leaves green tea added with a tons of ginseng extract haha... I'm sure he's more than Mr. Grey although he's lack of experience. 

I think HS can get pregnant just by the look in his smoldering eyes sometimes. 

*make sure you lock the door secure and thight, you two*

• Like 17

OK! I don't know if it just me or might happened to other people.

I admiring LJK since My Girl back in 2005. His character for me over shine LDW character and I like his chemistry better with LDH compared to LDW in that series. It's just that his face quite feminine to me that I found him interestingly beautiful. Thankfully, he aware of that and begin his martial art training which I found it useful because he taking up so many sageuk and boy! he knows what works for him. 

Ever since My Girl, I continuously watching his drama and love most of his works specifically Arang and the Magistrate and Joseon gunman. And every time I finished watching,  I have a strong post-withdrawal symptom from his drama and now I'm infected by it again. I need a cure. A.S.A.P

• Like 20
7 minutes ago, syeramy said:

OK! I don't know if it just me or might happened to other people.

I admiring LJK since My Girl back in 2005. His character for me over shine LDW character and I like his chemistry better with LDH compared to LDW in that series. It's just that his face quite feminine to me that I found him interestingly beautiful. Thankfully, he aware of that and begin his martial art training which I found it useful because he taking up so many sageuk and boy! he knows what works for him. 

Ever since My Girl, I continuously watching his drama and love most of his works specifically Arang and the Magistrate and Joseon gunman. And every time I finished watching,  I have a strong post-withdrawal symptom from his drama and now I'm infected by it again. I need a cure. A.S.A.P

Hi @syeramy, I'm exactly like you. Love him since My Girl 2005!!! Arang and Joseon Gunman are my favourite too. :wub:

• Like 12

Hi chingus.. im been lurking this forum .. you guys was so fast and give a brilliant comment .. sometimes i felt like reading a comment from writer for this drama.. hehe love it .. thanks guys.. yesterday episode was so heartbreaking .. hopefully not a sad ending story.. best drama ever for me ... 

• Like 17

Could someone explain what they think was happening in one scene that's hard to understand?

In the last episode, the maid gives the poison to the other maid, telling her to make sure "that girl" meaning Su serves the tea.  Yeon Hwa is standing veiled in the background and says to the maid, "Don't tell the queen about this".

My understanding then was that she meant don't tell the queen about the poisoning, and Yeon Hwa was acting on her own with the poisoning.  I thought the meeting between Yeon Hwa and the Queen was most likely Yeon Hwa proposing a marriage between herself and So, and guaranteeing her family's support if So was to claim the throne, combining the two families.  Once the Queen agreed, at least outwardly, Yeon Hwa on her own set about poisoning the Crown Prince so that plan could come to fruition.

However, someone pointed out to me that they thought Yeon Hwa was not referring to the poisoning when she said, "Don't tell the queen about this" but to substituting Hae Su as the court lady serving the tea.  That meant that YH and the Queen were in on the poisoning together, but the Queen didn't know about Hae Su getting set up.  (And why would Yeon Hwa want to hide the set up from the Queen?  I'm sure it would just be an added bonus to her...)

What does everyone else think?  How did you interpret what was going on?

• Like 11
6 minutes ago, luvkstyle said:

Can someone please help me?  I am trying to find a site to watch the 'International version"  Up until now I have been watching SBS on Myasiantv and the International one on Dramacool but Dramacool are showing the SBS one now.  I have tried Dramanet, Dramafire, Dramagalaxy, Gooddrama, Kissasian and Dramalove :crazy:  I cannot get Dramafever in my country.  I hope someone can help , chebal :(

Hi chingus, maybe you can try HDfree.se i think they upload the international ver :)

• Like 6

@luvkstyle if I am not wrong, someone already mention at dramanice dot eu, maybe you can try.

@brielover the queen that YH mention to the maid was her mom, not queen whatwashername. In conclution, yes.. YH  and the Queen were in on the poisoning together and make sure the one who bring the tea was HaeSoo

Edit: I just rewatched and it is true it was Queen whatwashername not her mom. Sorry :sweatingbullets:

• Like 9

*Some spoilers about the original drama included below*

As someone who enjoys this drama, I have been wondering what it is about it that Korean viewers don’t like. I won’t go into the ratings details, because that has been discussed ad nauseam. But I think other than the obvious issues with directing, editing, etc. that has been mentioned, there are elements of the story itself, that are unusual in Kdrama land.

One is the antihero – Korean dramas don’t feature a lot of antiheroes, the protagonist that does bad things, even with valid reasons. Usually, even when depicted, they always make sure they have a sad ending, so think Lee Byung Hun’s character in IRIS, Jung Khyung Ho’s character in Heartless City, or Go Soo’s character in Empire of Gold, and so many other dramas. Essentially, the Anti-Hero cannot be celebrated. Which explains why Hae Soo, was written as someone who had no full knowledge of the era, and she accidentally stumbles on who Gwangjong, the future, evil, king will be. Whereas in the original, Rouxi, was well versed in history, she knew 4th Prince would become emperor, and knew what happened to the brothers, yet made the conscious decision to help him and fall in love with him.

In Moon Lovers, Hae Soo, is being depicted as someone who inadvertently helped 4th prince, while her true love is 8th prince, and it is almost a sacrifice of her true feelings that she will choose to be with 4th Prince. We see that in the scene, on the way back to the palace, where she chooses to return with 4th rather than with 8th or 14th prince, as a way to protect the other two. Once again, she is being shown as getting close to 4th, because of fear. That is a major change to the story.

The second issue is the fairy tale prince conundrumKorean historicals like to depict the royals has monogamous. Yes, there are mentions of concubines, but the king or prince is usually depicted has having ‘one-true-love’ and all the other women are interlopers, connivers, trying to break-up the love of the main couple. Think Yoo Ah In’s king in Jang Ok Jung, or Kim Soo Hyun’s king in The Moon Embracing the Sun. In both cases, it was almost a comedic attempt at depicting the king as saving himself for his true love, and in the case of TMETS, even after she was presumed dead!

Chinese dramas on the other hand, depict the royal harem, its many women, and the emperor freely giving his “favor”. Princes of a certain age, also have multiple wives, and in the original drama, 4th prince’s wife wasn’t evil, and just because 4th loved Rouxi, didn’t mean she became empress, because no matter what, that honor belonged to his first wife. In Kdrama land, all kinds of twists and turns would have been implemented to make that position, somehow belong to the true love partner. To some people, the idea of polygamous pairings, and multiple wives in this drama, isn’t romantic, and lessens their enjoyment of the drama.

13 hours ago, pwnkl said:

And here I thought, he's not that ambitious of the throne.. I'm utterly mistaken, guess family knows best.. bottom line is he's not coward, he just doesn't love her enough.. to suffice his hunger of power and thirst of fame.. this is a brilliant scene, YH knows exactly when to penetrate.. not your average villain. even if she's a straight witch, gotta give her some credit she's got more guts than Wook.. I know her drinking the poison intentionally was not entirely for So, but let's be honest if she didn't step up.. So could've died.

She didn't drink any poison at all, it all went down her sleeves and then she bit her lip for the blood effect. I think she did it not so much to save So but to save herself because she realized that the Queen knew her plan (the exchanged looks between them) and that the Queen could bring down YH's family with that knowledge. So that was the only way to deflect any accusations against her family.  Here is a bit of consolation should YH marry WS, there would no ending to the dogfight between daughter-in-law and mother-in-law, they will be at each other's throats and hopefully leave the SoSoo couple alone :P

• Like 13

@40somethingahjumma I really dun hate wook that much because to me he is a man of circumstances. He is not a villain. There are many people like him in real life, they live according to rules and expectations and responsibilities, never going  all the way out for the things they love. In some ways, they are consider good people.

His life in the end will be a tragedy, that is sad enuf.

Soo will be heartbroken and that is an unfortunate lesson for her to learn.

I am fully on So's camp but somehow I just can't bring myself to hate wook.  

• Like 13

episode 11 is making me cry crazily!

i still don't get it why people are still comparing BBJX with SHR.

in BBJX, the 8th prince's intention to get the throne was obvious from the start of the show. in SHR, WW initially did not want the throne until YH stepped in.

explains why in BBJX, we don't see the 8th prince turning to the dark side at all. he was at the dark side from the beginning.

• Like 9
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner