[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

2 hours ago, valsava said:

@sukbin  I begrudge him and condone him.. OMG were talking about a man that knew his heart went to another when his wife was alive and had wifes approval to have her and yet he did noithing have her with him he could have taken a second wife before wife died but didn't.. Then he still didn't do anything after wife died and she was passed off to the kIng still he did nothing to secure her to him.. He still did nothing after she became a court lady to try and secure her to him and let WS get favor from the King before him to have her to be his person.. Then he even went as far as to tell her he will ask the King to marry her after he has given her to WS wow what a procrastinator and all he could think of all this is happening to Hs is because she's around WS the very WS that's always there when he should be.. So yes I begrudge him.. LOL Let him save his family and keep saving them at the end of the night they can't keep him warm and another woman won't be the person he really wants or have in his heart..

@sukbin Ask who is the better choice for the throne well dear hold that thought I need to cook and I'll get back at you on this one of whom my choice will be and why..

I am @SukBin you included @sukbin.... bear with the confusion since there are two of us ...:P

Anyways when I said I dont bregudge him .... I mean that he couldnt have exposed that his sister was involved to save Soo... in that ocassion....

My statement is only in that context.... 

Whether he could have stopped this calamity by actively holding her hand when his wife gave blessing.... He is  completely at fault....

he missed his opportunities every step of the way.... which had he taken Soo would not have this brought upon her so easily

• Like 10

3 hours ago, angel318 said:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cp9jhwBUsAAb52F.jpg:medium

As I randomly go through youtube videos of the OST, I see the boat scene again and I notice she wears the hair ornament! It's one of my most favorite scenes in the C-BBJX. Can't wait!!! :)

Yes, this is gonna be the moment Soo shows So that she accepts his love. Me too can't wait!

• Like 14

Is anybody else worried about HS becoming like Lady Oh after WS becomes king?  I keep thinking about that scene where Lady Oh tells HS not to end up like her and I hope it's not foreshadowing.

We know from history that Gwangjong marries YH, and assuming the writers stick to that then it doesn't look like he will also marry HS.  HS may always be in his heart, but will that be enough?  While it seems that WS truly wants to marry her now, we all know what power and palace politics can do to promises of love.  Even Taejo seemed to love Lady Oh more deeply than any other woman, but it didn't compel him to marry her once he became king.  Another example is Wook, who also placed duty above his affections for HS.  While WS is vastly different to either Wook or Taejo, what compromises will he have to make in order to hold onto the throne?  The story doesn't look rosy for HS anyways, considering the history, the novel, and the Chinese version on which it is based.  

But then of course we don't have a clear idea of how realistic the writers intended the story to be.  Much also depends on how closely they followed the original Chinese version.  Is it likely that the writers didn't want to divert too much from history since that might be unpopular to Korean viewers?  

Whatever the case, I would like to believe that HS and WS's love will overcome in the end.  But I highly doubt it will happen in Goryeo. 

• Like 20

1 hour ago, Evelyn C said:

Happy birthday in advance @rei_smasher11! Let's hope for good ratings (if not we can all just love our drama by ourselves, heh) and another amazing Moonday ! :)

Oh thank you @Evelyn C for the advance greetings! :wub:

I just wanted to add that the scene when So visited Soo at the prison proves that they truly care about each other! 

#TeamSoSoo all the way :blush:

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, rei_smasher11 said:

Oh thank you @Evelyn C for the advance greetings! :wub:

I just wanted to add that the scene when So visited Soo at the prison proves that they truly care about each other! 

#TeamSoSoo all the way :blush:

Welcome! Yes, they sure do! - our poor wounded couple! :) #SoSoo hwaiting! I'm sure their love will be one for the ages!!!:heart:

• Like 10

I feel as though every episode of this show is better than the one before it and that's so great. This episode packed such a great emotional punch for all the characters and the acting was excellent. 

Lady Oh was the undisputed change agent of this episode. In episode 10 she warned Hae Soo about Wook it didn't seem as dire as it did today, she said something along the lines of "if one of them changes their mind you will die" and that came so close to happening today. Her essentially calling out Wook for being cowardly in his love for Soo was such a great moment. In a way much like So she considers Soo to be her person, her surrogate child so it probably pained her to watch Soo make the same mistakes with Wook that she made with the king, knowing that no matter how much Wook claimed to love her he wanted the power of the throne more than he wanted to protect her. I wonder what would have happened had Wook taken her advice and gone to the king and told him that he loved Soo and that he wanted him to spare her life based on that. The conversation between Lady Oh and the King was so sad her pulling out tha single item of baby clothing had me in tears, when she proclaimed Soo her daughter and used her final wish to ask for the king to not let evil queen take another one of her children from her.:bawling: 

Oh Sangoong made such a great sacrifice to protect Hae Soo in the cave when she touches Soo's scar and repeats Soo's own lines back to her "I protected what I wanted to protect and now I must pay for it", I was sobbing. How lucky is Soo, to have two people who would protect her with their lives, who love her enough to ease her heart and mind by denying what she knows to be true. She also got her wish she will be remembered by not just one person but by many. So's face when he realized that she was taking the blame for something that he believed his mother had done to protect Soo indicates that he will remember her too. Woo Hee Jin was excellent in all scenes from being Soo's loving surrogate mother, to her defiance in the face of the evil queen's gloating. I do have to agree with her though I hope that evil queen Yoo lives a long lonely miserable life, I hope that she witnesses the purging of her clan by the son that she so cruelly threw away. Someone should tell SMS that stopping someone to gloat about winning means that you haven't won. 

I can appreciate that Wook is letting Soo go because he realizes that he can't have both her and his family/the throne, but did he really have to show up at her kneeling protest only to stop and walk away? No matter how I look at it, that was such a cruel thing to do. Soo had been waiting for him because he said that he was going to investigate to get the proof that was needed to free her, she was looking for him as she walked to the stockade, she had to stop herself from asking Baek Ah about him when he came to tell her to give up her kneeling protest, yet he shows up only to turn around and walk away without a word. It would have been better if he hadn't shown up at all. That said it was a great moment visually So standing protecting Soo from the rain, Wook with his back turned to them walking away, and Soo pulling herself together and gaining the strength to kneel in an upright position after having her faith in him shattered. 

Wang So stumbling down the hall to go to Soo because she was alone is such a great moment. One of the overarching beliefs about So is that he's a ruthless killer with no feelings but these two episodes proved differently, when he loves he loves hard and he will do anything to protect the people he loves. The conversation between Soo and So when he visits her while she is imprisoned was so layered and a great reminder of what I love about their relationship. On the surface it was very light but under the surface of the joking words was real worry that was also quite visible in both of their eyes. His conversation with Taejo was so indicative about the kind of leader that So would be while he's asking him to spare Soo's life Taejo makes an offhand comment about thinking that So was "a well-forged sword" and So replied that "the owner must be just to wield the sword properly" that line should come into play during Gwanjong's reign. 

A couple of moments this episode made me smh, Wook essentially accusing So of being the reason that Soo is in the position that she was in when in reality, he was the reason. YH orchestrating this entire thing because she wants Wook to be king so that they will never have to be fearful of the evil queen again yet her mom ended up on her knees begging evil queen to spare her children. 

Kinda side eyeing Wook for deriding So for wanting to marry a "maid", he can be jealous all he wants but he should not forget that he essentially threw Hae Soo away today, so while he may be jealous he has no one to blame but himself for not being the man in her life. This may sound mean but I hope that he has to suffer watching Soo fall in love with So and seeing their relationship and affection play out in front of him, breaking up with a girl and then getting mad/jealous when she moves on is so infuriating. It's not like he didn't know, Oh Sangoong warned him that he would regret turning his back on her.

• Like 21

4 hours ago, SukBin said:

SInce we established that So is the better choice for Soo...

Lets delve in to the next question...? Who is the better choice for the throne... ? Wook or So... ?

I believe that Wook is a reflection of Taejo... atleast in most of the aspects... the same throwing people under the bus for greater good... sam justification of pathetic actions as sacrifice... same waiting for his chance behind the scenes.... basically he is Taejo 2.0

Common people will be as powerless under his reign as they were under Taejo....

Whereas So is everything that Wook is not.... Passionate, Driven and Dynamic.... he is by no means a saint... but he doesnt care for manipulations and waiting game.... he is straightforward , go Get It kinda guy.... when he makes a objective for  himself whether it is strengthening Goryeo by weakening the Noble clans strength.... or strengthening common people by providing opportunities for them to join the government.... he can do everything with a single minded devotion... without caring to making excuses for his means to achieve that end....

Toi summarize Gwangjong was the King Goryeo needed and not Wook.. just like So was the person Doo needed and not Wook..... 

Oh @sukbin I'm still laughing at don't begrudge Wook, Ok I won't, I'll just throw stones at him the very stones that was thrown at WS, but getting back to the choice who would make a better King.. I choose WS and need I say more, WW can't ptrotect himself his family or his women now how will he protect a country he's to passive to be King always over analysing everything he likes to make simple complicated.. With him as King if they went to war he would be to busy thinking while soliders be knocking at the palace door..

3 hours ago, shae said:

Some of us are holding out for the misguided circumstantial coward villain title. I mean he is under the threat of his entire Clan of Hae being wiped out, this includes the cousins of cousin's dry cleaner's dog. But, 4th is supposed to be the heroic circumstantial super-villain for more than half of the series, that HS is supposed to spend some episodes trying to get way from. You gotta admit with the body count 4th has racked up so far by circumstance, 8th and his sad face (or 'I farted face' as my co-watching man claims) has some catching up to do. 

I'll add, for those who are disappointed in 8th by ep 11, be ready to be disappointed in just about all the male characters.

OK @shae This post just about rip my sides, Kudos to thew 4th who rack up bodies by circumstances.. LMAO And the *th with the farted face.. You Rocks..   

2 hours ago, ratgirlina said:

@shaeWook had no other choice but to protect his family and his entire households. He had to abandoned soo. Cant blame a guy for that.

But i believe he could've done something about it. Not then but before.

If he actually gathered enough power to block the queen's previous attack. If he actualy did something while still married to lady hae and her powerful family then. If he can control yeon hwa.

If he let his intention towards soo more open to the rest of the world early on, maybe so would back off? Or he could've married soo much earlier and none of this would happened.

@ratgirlina  I think WW could have saved HS had he told on his sister if he spoke privately with the King not only the King would have no choice but to spare YH life but the Queen also would need to be spared he couldn't punish one without punishing the other so in my opinion he miss the opportunity again to change the outcome of the situation.. He let YH flip the script on him, He should have known his sister wouldn't take such drastic measures if the Queen wasn't involved..

• Like 9

In episode last night, we saw a brief scene with Chaeryung crying asking Wook to help Soo. It's been a while we not seeing Chaeryung. I wonder how or when will she back to Hae Soo. What will happen that can make her back with Hae Soo again. I love those duo. 

• Like 11

I dont like that prince in the purple robe (confused his name, wang won isnt it?) He's kinda like a double agents thing.....its confusing....earlier he allied together with the brothers (except WY) to help HS ran away from the royal marriage...and now he's helping the bad side in plotting to frame HS and didnt ever care about HS being sentenced to death....i really hate hypocrite people

• Like 11

Oh...I have just watched Ep 11.:bawling:  I have no words atm.  I cried - I haven't cried while watching a drama for a long time and I think only twice - Damo and Chuno.  All the acting was amazing and I thought IU's crying scenes were very real and of course Lee Joon Gi - what can I say really that you don't already know.  I won't comment on anything else - I need to watch it again and again to take it all in.

I haven't read any of your comments yet cos I wanted to watch the Episode first and I see you are now 42 pages ahead of me haha.  It's becoming a lost cause. :blink:

• Like 18

4 hours ago, solelylurking said:

I'm sorry if my words later on might seem that I criticized you. I'm not. But people should start to separate the real history and this drama because even when it based on real history, this drama is a fiction. We don't know what the real WS feels toward the real YH. HS is not really there. It's a made up story, not a documentary.

In this drama, WS is in love with HS and my guess is he's the kind of man who is loyal and love only one woman in his life time as said in page one of this thread. Did he has affection toward YH here? Probably. He did say he was curios of how she grown up to be. But it safe to say, that's not love. 

But to be fair to your words, many people around the world can make babies without being in love with one another. 

I'm sorry again. 

Don't worry, I just like to joke around. I know very well you mean in the drama.

But your last remark is very true, many people around the world can make babies without being in love with one another. Sucks isn't it? Drama will only be a drama afterwards. Finding a true love as described in a drama is really hard. I'm really looking forward to the end of the story where Wang So and Hae Soo will meet again in the real world, would they air how real their dating style will be, such as quarrel, and such.

• Like 11

Just finished watching ep 11. It's weird that throughout the whole seriesI only wait for scenes of  So  and almost skip some of Wook  because he is potrayed as such a goody two shoes in the first few eps and full of emty promises in the later. But in ep 11 , I actually feel sympathy for Wook . He has to choose between his family and Soo contrary to So who for long has already lost his bond with his family.(suddenly this becomes a good thing for So hehe) .He almost, i think, went out to help Haesoo in the rain and maybe just maybe by seeing Soo suffering like that Wook would actuallly change his mind and call out the name of the real culprit. But his family stood in the way , especially seeing his mom had to kneel to Queen Yo like that and with the personality of the family man like Wook, of course he couldn't turn away. The anger was boiling in him to have power to protect his famiy and his love .Some say that he could at least shelter  for Soo from the rain like So did but i dont think he can't bear the guilt  of knowing exactly how to stop Soo's suffering but have to turn a blind eye and seeing her suffering like that. Turn his back on her and walk away like that is painful but probably not as much as being useless next to her. Both options are indeed dead end for Wook .I never see Wook's desire for the throne is for his own but  for the one he loves. YH did said that he always has this deep-running desire for the throne but even before the poisioning event happened he almost asked the king to marry Soo and stayed away from the palace. He turns dark because of being pushed to dead end :P

No matter how twisted and dark the story ahead is waiting for us, the epic love between So and Soo has officially begun. Hooray :)

• Like 16