[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

9 hours ago, merrylass said:

n real history, King Gwangjong (aka 4th Prince Wang So) is known to have gathered tremendous popular support in the early years of his reign (he used it to help keep the clans in check).  I like how the drama showed the beginnings of this popular support -- his "miraculous" removal of his scar (and mask) led to almost instantaneous rain ... within seconds of Prince Wang So's stepping upon the altar, the heavens open up and begin to pour.  He truly becomes the "son of the dragon" to the commoners praying and you can imagine what the commoners will say about how the heavens truly acknowledged this prince.  Commoners might even twist it to say the heavens removed the scar as "proof" that he truly was heaven's choice to perform the rain ritual and to prevent anyone from rejecting him again!!

@merrylasslove your post...sorry to cut it...I do agree that  I like how they show how Wang So became who he was a political student and warrior of his time and his father, starting with the miraculous calling of the rain. His reign lasted longer than his brothers. In this episode, the heavens helped him and so did Jimong but he also is smart enough to learn how to use opportunities that open for him. Jimong has predicted the stars aligning with So's energy and supports him. The brothers take Jimong for granted while So listens carefully and learns. Because of his childhood background, So is sensitive to others vibes and able to listen quietly and discern others intentions which will become politically advantageous especially in the early years of his reign. He unlike his brothers doesn't feel entitled but he is someone who studies situations or opportunities and uses them to his political advantage. He grew up on his own, once thrown to the elements with the wolves and given up for dead but he survived. Oh yes, this prince is not of the silk and silver spoon and gilded palace but a prince of the elements the wild, the forests, the wind and fire. The world has taught him more than he would have growing in the palace. Of all the princes, he is the one who is able to see both the big and the small picture and able to adapt more to what the moment presents. Hae Soo with her openness and acceptance of his beauty and humanity has shown that strength in himself to do what needs to be done and accept the responsibility of being the son of the dragon. Prince Wook and Prince Yo have no chance of politically winning with this one,

Wang Wook did not die (read posted in another historical drama), as he was a sister of the queen and maybe leader of the powerful Hwangbo clan, he intermarried with So's family. Kings of Goryeo came from So and Wook's lineage. 

• Like 16

10 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Confucius may or may not have said: "He who opens his mouth first to the king... will most likely get the girl."

In the land of Goryeo, the one-eye scarred man is destined to be king.

Wang So, Son of Taejo, 4th Prince of Goryeo... how do I love thee, let me count the ways... 

I love this quote eonnie....

Yes true ...Wook lost his chance right in front of his eyes. 

I'm kinda worried about him when the dating scene between Wook and Hae Soo....

Wook : I will buy all the herb in the country fill it up for you so you can make soap....

Aigoo...yes it sweet but compare to what So say to her 

'So : You remember? I was once told you that you're mine. Well You are before and now you're mine

Wook even lost his battle from those words. 

I imagine what makes Wook thinking "I might be useful in another place"

Is that because now he see the King favorite the new comer instead of him? He is really need to be push. He is lack of nothing for king material. He is educated well more than his other siblings...his martial art must be exceed too....the problem is he always hesitating and count everything...

like you say eonnie, "He who opens his mouth first to the king... will most likely get the girl"

"The early bird get the worm"

• Like 14

the most interesting event that i waited tbh is how will the writer changed HS direction of heart... there is two option that will make me actually believe that HS fall in love with WS..

1. WW did something that she can't forgive and broke off with him.. staying in palace and slowly fall in love with a guy that obviously love you..

2 WS sacrifice himself and forcing HS to stay with him out of gratitude and later on actually fall in love with WS..

there is no way that HS will just suddenly in love with WS even if he wiling to die behalf of her.. i think it take time well at least 2 eps to warm up for WS love..

• Like 12

Argh the preview. In BBJX those words from the heroine started the downward spiral of suspicions from the 8th Prince. And spurred him into the fight for the throne. Is this where ML is heading too?

Guess I will be stopping it for a few weeks to avoid suffering waiting for the weekly episodes. In fact going to BBJX to cry my guts out. Again. Then ep 9 and onwards here will be a piece of cake. Hahaha. 

• Like 11

regarding last night's ep.. i am so thrilled at the scene where LJK was shown as gwangjong while IU was looking at him in shock state... that background music was really fit for that specific scene... i was like waaaahhhh that was the climax of these entire episode.

i have mixed emotion... like what  @sharreb said we have to be mentally prepared for today's ep... it was a full packed ups and downs between our main heroine HS and WS.. i wonder what will be WS's reaction by HS's sudden change towards him.... and that poisoned thing... i wonder if his mother did that... i remember she said all she want was to make one of her son takes the throne... so why poisoned WS? there is possibility that WY will do the evil thing coz of insecurities... 

its already ep7 and we were close to the half of the entire episodes and we still have no progress with our OTP's aigoo the worst is HS will surely avoids WS.. i hope it wont take long.... 

and like what @SizzlerZ mention that JiMong seems soo suspicious... me too i can see there is something with JiMong that knows everything about the history itself. regardng WS who will soon be king.. was he also came from the future???? does he have the power to manipulate the goryeo empire... it was like the king was following whatever he says...

i could say that this thread was soo active... i've been away for the whole day and it gained 20pages already? daebak to gwangjong.... and here i am still less than 2 hours early and already on streaming mode.... ready for the recap... 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, violet90 said:

1. WW did something that she can't forgive and broke off with him.. staying in palace and slowly fall in love with a guy that obviously love you..

Sorry to cut it...

but in my opinion Wook is not that kind a person. He is calculating everything in favor to make peace with everything. So it's 3 out of 100 for him to making mistake that will lead him to the catastrophe like losing HS intentionally. As we see the scene where the bracelet ruined and Wook crying over it. I think that happen because he is "late" again.

I think (maybe) its So who sacrifice her self to be with So (at the first time) to save Wook form getting killed by So (because the love she has for Wook). But in the end HS fall into love trap and love So even more and trying to save him from killing anyone but still get him into the throne as a better king. 

• Like 8

As frnd @liddi mentioned that international version had the perspective that HS did makeup of WS so that he can do the ritual and results in rains so that WW can ask king HS while SBS version had HS doing makeup out of her frndship and compassion for WS....

Also after seeing the different versions of all the episodes so fat...i feel show was originally planned to have lesser importance (screens space) to WS-HS dynamics and after seeing the result of less OTP on screen they decided to re-edited everything to give people what they are seeking in this show,..being SHR fan i am happy that all the backlash worked and we are getting a bit more of Lead pair on screen.

next... HS being scared-terrified of WS cause he will be Future ruthless king and then the video where she tells WW to be careful of WS. How and what will make her not to worry abt WW and to stop giving him heads up ?

no matter how much i love WS-HS pairing... and liking WS being obsessive - possessive but I dont want him to force himself on a gal who is already in love (or at least thinks she is in lve) with someone else. I want WS to show all his love and care and concern and kissing skills only once she is in love with him Genuinely (may be many here disagree with me). Someone also mentioned that what if YH force herself on WS even knowing he does not love her, just cause WS is the lead i cant feel ok seeing him doing anything rashly, yes he can surely try to woo HS be all around her give gifts and so many more and at the same time WW should do something to force HS to leave him (evil me.. yes i am what can ido when HS is so blindly in love with WW an does not see WS as love interest) ... i am not gonna complain at all...

Hoping to see a good and satisfying episode 9....

• Like 8

1 hour ago, qwenli said:

Yes, I suspect evil queen will poison her own son that's why we see pix of So vomiting blood.

And then Haesoo will realise she loves him despite her fears.

This is my guess of course. :D

Speaking about poison...did anyone notice the king doesn't look good last night? 

I don't think it's because the fatigue from the the rain ritual, but something happen inside him.

Also in previous HS vision, the king is dead, drowning ...... We all knew who's capable on doing that...but I think The King time of death is coming 

• Like 7

1,5 hour to go... brace your heart everyone... the storm will hit this thread soon..

wish HS not hurt WS really deep because her rejection. 

by the way .. no one gonna make a roll call? i miss that part :P

• Like 7

Oooh, deceptive Wook in the preview! Telling Hae Soo he loves her in order to control her and keep him as priority in her heart. She asked him to forget her and he knows after his experience with his wife that not divulging how he 'feels' will not keep Hae Soo loyal to solely him. 

I didn't like how he is weaponied the restraint he's been placed under his whole life to manipulate his wife, always on precarious ground. 

But he knows Hae Soo is wavering, he's perceptive enough to know she is conflicted.   And he's intelligent to know when someone is vulnerable and frightened, they seek comfort in the stable and the known. Wook from Hae Soo's perspective in the safe and known, rather than the volatile and tumultuous emotions that So inspires in her. Particularly after her disconcerting premonition. 

The gallent facade is peeling away and Wook's not as honourable as he would like to be perceived. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, rheiuna said:

where can i download the sbs version. please send me the link. i tried myasiantv but i cant download their link. any other site?

Just saw that even myasiantv is now showing only the international version :( 

4 hours ago, liddi said:

From the international version, it would appear that rather than just compassion for his plight, Soo's core motivation for helping So with the concealer stemmed from hoping that it will rain and thus enable her to leave the palace. The SBS version, on the other hand, is edited to indicate that Soo's actions were purely the result of her compassion for him. Which then makes me wonder how much more the two versions would diverge going forward. If this keeps up, I think I will need to hold a rain ritual of my own to pray that somewhere in the near future both versions finally converge into the same once more... :sweatingbullets:

I will join in the rain ritual ! This back and forth between two of the same episodes and trying to find it is driving me nuts :( 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Adnana said:

In defense of Hae Soo

You know, after watching E08 the first time, I too was indignant: how dare Hae Soo suddenly be so frightened of Wang So, just because she figured out that he's the future King Gwangjong? Doesn't she know him enough by now to realize that he wouldn't kill without discrimination or remorse... Oh, wait.

Seriously, you guys. WS might have become HS's friend--after lots of tears + sweat + fear (hers) and manhandling + death threats (his)--but she's seen him covered in blood after exterminating an entire den of assassins and she herself has cowered in fear of her life before him more than once. She knows his ruthless streak very well and while she might have chosen not to judge him for it before (because in Goryeo, you had to wield your sword to survive)--it becomes a different matter altogether when HS remembers that WS is going to kill his own brothers. Who are all Hae Soo's friends, same as Wang So, and one prince in particular is the man she (thinks she) loves. It's obvious and natural that Hae Soo's first reaction will be horror and fear--and not unconditional acceptance of the man that according to history will kill many of his brothers to gain the throne.

I mean, really, how could HS be fine with historically-recorded fratricide, just because she's had a few friendly conversations with WS and he's helped her a couple of times (after also nearly killing her a couple other times)? And she doesn't even love him yet! We have to allow HS a little time to come to terms with her fears and feelings, before she is able to accept WS again.

Now, regarding HS misinterpreting or misremembering history. Guys, she remembers more than enough (and remembers it correctly enough) to make any 21st century girl shake in her boots! Disregarding all the purges during the latter part of his reign, the historical 4th Prince was indeed involved in the deaths of many of his brothers! History might officially record WS as having only executed 9th Prince for certain, but let's be real, shall we? After King Taejo died and by the end of WS's first year of rule, the number of princes (WS's brothers) who died is four at least!! The Crown Prince (Moo), 10th Prince (Eun), 9th Prince (Won), 3rd Prince (Yoo), and 8th Prince's clan was decimated. As the last prince standing in the fight for the throne--as the ultimate victor--do you really believe that 4th Prince had nothing to do with all those deaths? That as the drama says, they were heaven's will? HA.

I'm the biggest fan of WS around, truly, I love him to pieces, and want for him to gain everything he wants: the throne, Hae Soo, revenge on his awful mom and brothers, anything and everything he wants to make up for the terrible life he has endured. But not for one moment will I delude myself that 4th Prince--in drama or in history--was some poor misunderstood puppy who wouldn't hurt a fly. I think Hae Soo has his ambition and brutal streak pegged quite right, and though it pains me (and it hurts me to imagine WS's hurt) I think she has more than sufficient justification to be wary of Wang So for the next little while.

Well said, especially the underlined part. We might be judging Hae Soo too harsh because we're not in her shoes, and also we're desperately wanted to see Wang So-Hae Soo romance quickly with the ideal scenarios we discussed before this episode. Personally I, too, might be reacting the same way as Hae Soo if I know someone would kill his brothers in the future, I'd keep my space as far as I can and be extremely careful around him.

• Like 11