Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

25 minutes ago, violet90 said:

i think people underestimate of how much HS mean whether is WS or WW.. its said in the long preview two guy learn about love through HS but will romance her in different way.. WW with a softer and more like a gentleman way and WS is straightforward and possessive kind of way.. they both really loved HS in their own twisted way and its the only way that they knew.. i knew maybe people uncomfortable with this kind of loved but there is no different its just they don't know how to love so they love her in the way they knew..

WS in another hand.. when he said that 'i decided you are mine' that sentence that word is a vow for him.. his face really calm after he said this.. its like he already clear his mind and give her his word.. 'brace yourself cause from now i will never let you go' .. see how he actually repeated that she will belong to him no matter what..

IF WS actually loss HS whether death or separation i don't doubt that he will became ruthless without feeling.. even in BBJX 4th loss his life meaning when Ruoxi left him and its heartbreaking to see when he loss her for real.. in BBJX 4th prince do not really show this depth of emotion toward Ruoxi that WS show so its scared me of how much WS will effect by HS if she died or broke off with him.. so i preparing my little heart for anything but i just want to see HS and WS happy ... :cry:

When WS said that it reminded me of when 4th said in BBJX "You are not to die without my permission" to Ruoxi. I wonder if WS will say that to Haesoo or that changed it that you are mine phases lol 

• Like 11

Okay in the midst of kiss I forgot that now we can see the WHOLE MOON.... ( his face) though he did  great actingfor showing half his face still you wanna see Full of that handsome face

• Like 15

Er... how did Joonki's makeup withstand the rain yo!?:blink: IU's makeup skills are truly revolutionary, that she's able to not just conceal his scars but make it waterproof as well LoL!:lol: And OMG, Joonki's beauty is a sight to behold, what a stunning looking man. I think even his beauty outshines IU in that scene eheheh. Although, I'm afraid he would turn out to be that evil king who kills his brothers as IU sees in her visions.... Drama please say it ain't so! And yes, in next episode preview it looks like Joonki will finally fight for IU's affections, can't wait^_^   

• Like 14

3 hours ago, liltash85 said:

Yup Wook is always one step late. probably because he was born later than So.  The king may granted his princes wish according to birth order. Too bad So is faster.

About So screaming, i think prob he just found out about So-Wook relationship. 

As for Eun, king wants to marry him. So he is asking the king from stopping the marriage.

@liltash85  I don't think So being older then Wook is the reason the King granted his wish it could come from Wook has been married before and may have heard about Hs and Wook, but you have to look at the political aspect of the situation.. It was Wooks wife family that tried to marry her off to the King to stay the warlords that they are but marrying her to So will help keep those warlords in check because they all afraid of So. He's the child that grew up with the wolves and will kill at the drop of a dime.. Marrying Hs to Wook woiuldn't benefit the King any so who side do you think the King will choose like I said he's killing two birds with one stone and besides So never ask him for anything even though So and Soo also Even Wook it's all about politics..

3 hours ago, sharreb said:

He's desttned to be king though just as JM said. But he's one that will govern with an iron fist. Be that good or bad. Even before HS came to him, he was swayed from JM's words and decided to attend the ritual. JM words were the slave can be king if it rains. And that he will become invincible. Too much in the past where he is powerless to stop his father and mother controlling his life and even forcing him away from the palace a d into the hands of ppl who abused him . And also the conversation with HS where she says it's alright as long as she's in control with her life. I'm pretty sure it runs in his mind too that he wants to take control of his life and no way to ensure that then to take the throne and be in power.

@sharreb  And use that iron fist he will, A king has to be ruthless and not afraid to kill be it family members or not if he just stay humble those warlords will manipulate him dictate him and so forth.. He has seen firsthand how they treat the King his dad and he will not let that happen to him as he will control his being and all that's around him now can you blame him.. Like I said before they are the blame for him being the way he is..

• Like 18

I know it's still early and I shouldn't rush to conclusions based on just one preview, BUT I don't like that kiss :cry: Hs seems so scared and is in tears. I'm not on board with forced skinship (it is triggering for me). Also the claiming her as his own... I don't know. I love this drama to pieces and will wait to see the whole thing before I make any reproach, because previews can be utterly misleading. Please don't fail me drama, pretty please.. 

Other than that, I think LJG should be showered with awards for his performance, he's totally knocking it out of the park! The man is shining. I'm so proud of him.

• Like 23

9 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Er... how did Joonki's makeup withstand the rain yo!?:blink: IU's makeup skills are truly revolutionary, that she's able to not just conceal his scars but make it waterproof as well LoL!:lol: And OMG, Joonki's beauty is a sight to behold, what a stunning looking man. I think even his beauty outshines IU in that scene eheheh. Although, I'm afraid he would turn out to be that evil king who kills his brothers as IU sees in her visions.... Drama please say it ain't so! And yes, in next episode preview it looks like Joonki will finally fight for IU's affections, can't wait^_^   

@Latte_Anyday it started to wash off because of the rain. Pay attention to the closing scene, with a very thin smile his scar slowly showing.

So it wasnt waterproof.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, junee22 said:

Okay..before I go to sleep..just one more time of a little voice in my heart? I know most of us (almost all of us,including me) are drooling for LJG and his character Wang So..and thus asking more of him on screen..I'm one of you on this..but this thing bothers me though..I was thinking like..poor KHN,looks like only few ppl that waiting for his appearances on screen..hope after this he could be the main lead in other dramas so many ppl would acknowledge his skill. (I still love LJG..never get swayed lol). So,I'm anticipating more of KHN portraying of WW character at the next eps..Hail to King LJG and..hwaiting prince KHN :P

Gud nite fellow eclipses..sweet scarlet dreams.

Be careful what you wish for. I only watched the SBS unsubbed ending from the makeover onwards and it was great until she had the premonition. LJG as Gwangjong looked so different (cold and aloof) from the smiling 4th prince (LJG's amazing microexpressions) that I worry she is too scared of him now and even their friendship is going out the window.  If this is the direction the writer is taking us, who is to say that HS won't end up with WW or that the tragic ending will be that of HS and WW.  I really hope So won't end up the bad guy :tears:, don't need or want this surprise :crazy:

• Like 15

I think Wang So's love is going to be obsessive possessive like in Boys over flowers:))) as we remember the main heroine didn't love Domerdzi she loves Rui. But finally she gave up and started to love Domerdzi as well:))

• Like 11

Just watched the english sub of the post make-up scene and have mercy heavenly sweetness! It somehow got better! Whoo, that is a fine-looking man and whoo, his declaration was on point!

Why make life so difficult for my poor WS? Why? Also, why are my faves so problematic? Sigh. Just give him all the things. Give him whatever will make him happy and smile. I love him.

• Like 22

At this point, does WS know about HS and WW's relationship? I kind of think he should know since the 13th prince knows and I would think the 13th prince would tell WS since he can tell that WS likes HS. And before WS goes to live in the places, WS and HS have several conversations where she says her heart and feelings are wavering, although its the same time period where's WS is feeling upset about his mom, so maybe he doesn't notice?

Curious what make WS sound so desperate in 9th episode.

Edited by fuyukoneko
forgot to add 3rd sentence
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Actually I think they did a good job of showing that the makeup wasn't waterproof. At the end when his hair was wet and stuck to his face, you could see the scar showing up as the rain got heavier, almost a hint to the audience that So won't be able to hide his true self behind a mask or makeup.  I just hope they don't change his character from being at heart good to being unnecessarily cruel.:sweatingbullets:

• Like 16

3 hours ago, brielover said:

I touched on this in another forum but thought I would share here as well. 

The premise is that Hae Soo is not just some girl from thd 21st century randomly chosen to go back in time, but that she is a reincarnation of the founding of Korea itself - whoever she chooses to give her heart to will become the king that guarantees the success of the new nation of Goryeo. 

This theory stems from her names - Go Ha Jin and Hae Su- and from her association with water. 

Korea's foundation myth is built on the founding of Goguryeo, the kingdom preceding Goryeo. (Korea takes its name from Goryeo which in turn took its name from Goguryeo). 

There are two versions, but basically the river god's daughter, Yuhwa, is found in or by the water by Hae Mo Su, she marries him and gives birth to Jumong who founds the kingdom of Goguryeo. Another version has her marrying but leaving him before granting her heart to another and then giving birth to Jumong. In effect, whoever she chooses to love becomes the father of the nation. 

I wouldn't have paid much attention to this myth except for a few things. One is that Hae Su is associated with water like the river king's daughter. She falls into water, appears almost miraculously in the Goryeo baths, which as we saw is right on the river/hot springs, has visions in water, is first seen by all the princes (all potential heirs to the throne) in the water, and even Wang So must see her in a later scene - as if the first water appearance had left him out so she has to go re-do it - emerging from the water of the baths and she later splashes Wang So with water - like a baptism - while watering plants. Consequential scenes from previews - the rain, possible break up with Wook, the boat with So - also stay in tune with this water symbolism. I think we're supposed to draw a connection between Hae Su and the river god's daughter Yuhwa. Whoever she chooses will become the leader of the nation. This is perhaps also highlighted by the princes falling in love with her - she represents the lifeblood - water - of the land. 

This is emphasized by her name. The original royal family of Gogureo were the Haes, stemming as said from Hae Mo Su and Yuhwa. Twice we are told that Hae Su belongs to the Hae Ha Jin clan. So she's a Hae, and her modern time name is Ha Jin.  But she's Go Ha Jin not Hae Ha Jin in modern times, so there's a glitch there, until a little research reveals that many of the royal Hae family took the royal name  Go. So when we're told by Hae Su's relatives that the clan name is Hae Ha Jin, it's actually the same name as Go Ha Jin, her name in the future. 

I like all these associations because it layers the story with myth, legend and a history that both precedes and post-dates Goryeo, tying in the Goryeo events with ancient Goguryeo and present day Korea. The throughline is our main character, Hae Su/Go Ha Jin. Her first incarnation was likely as the river god's daughter, Yuhwa, or a daughter of Hae Mo Su and Yuhwa, who reincarnates as Hae Su and eventually Go Ha Jin, a cosmetologist from the 21st century. Her purpose is to choose the best founder for the fledgeling nation. All subliminal, of course, but it's giving the story a texture I hadn't thought about previously, as well as a context for the otherwise somewhat awkward bath scene in the first episode. She's meant to be found in the water a la the river god's daughter by possible contenders to the throne - the scriptwriter took that and gave us the semi-erotic bath scene. I appreciate that scene so much more now!

Since we know Mu and then Yo are supposed to be kings before Wang So, I wonder if it's significant that she poured water on the crown prince and spilled tea on Yo, in addition to "watering" So in the garden.  I can't remember her spilling water on anyone else,. The deluge of rain on So in the last scene is a direct outcome of the makeup job, so he seems to be getting blessed more than anyone else by this river-daughter's incarnation.  I'm keeping my eye on water symbolism from now on.

• Like 18