Quantcast

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

1 hour ago, berny said:

Gosh it would take for the guy to vomit blood...for her to come to her senses ! :blink:

Yes, I suspect evil queen will poison her own son that's why we see pix of So vomiting blood.

And then Haesoo will realise she loves him despite her fears.

This is my guess of course. :D

• Like 16
  • Replies 43.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SBS Presents Moon Lovers : Scarlet Heart Ryeo                                                      Drama: Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart: Ryeo Revised romanization:   Bobogyungsim

I suppose I can make a preliminary announcement to give some background information before the official call.  Media like DVD/Blu-ray don't sell very well in Korea, so creators of Kdramas don't r

KYAAAAAAAA I justsaw this on weibo, obviously its a continuation from her "peck" aahahhahahahahahahha I am such a goner.........................................

Posted Images

Hey everyone, how is your day going?

Mine not so good, I am still at work but have been in a foul mood all day, even more so after seeing the clip of HS being scared out of her mind because of who and what she thinks WS is and is capable of doing and seeing her warn WW  that way and say those things really crushed all that has been built during these 8 episodes of the friendship between the OTP. They can try and turn this around somehow but it won't be believable at least not to me because how can a girl like HS from being all good intentions and acceptance and non judgmental one minute and the next after some sort of "revelation" she thinks WS is a monster, I know he's not the kindest of souls, he has been dealt a brutal life, anyone in his place would be the same but he still is better than most and she knows that. I know it's all done for dramatic purpose and for angst but to have all this built up trust and friendship crush in a minute really hurts me and angers me. I've said it many times, how and why she will have a change of heart is very important, I don't know after this point if it will believable but I still will hold on to some hope.

It's a shame really, we've heard all this talk about a love that will supposedly burn between them and I was looking forward to it because even though they were trying our patience with the whole WW-HS story line but we still had a friendship between them and trust and it was looking promising that when they do get together it will "burn" but after seeing HS be like that even without WS do anything wrong, without actually seeing him kill his brothers it's a bit too much for me to believe her love for him afterwards, she truly needs to redeem herself in my eyes.

Sorry guys, I don't mean to be negative but this is how I feel right now and I just wanted to be honest.

Let's see how it will work out but they have lost so many time already and how will they turn this around I am truly curious to see.

• Like 18

Hi Everyone!

WOW! Looking at 4th as Gwangjong was a great surprise at the end of the ep.. Killed my mood at once, but I felt so good. LOL. What an actor!

wow_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Well, the show must go on and all the happening just about to start. I am so excited!

It won't be easy for Soo. She is a modern woman so of course touching him was not a big deal to her(she was also touching the CP so carelessly), she just wanted to help him as a friend, but to So it was so obvious that she cares for him no matter what so there is no turning back to him. He wants her to himself.  I wonder what will be her turning point, because here I can already see that she is no longer longing for 8th, she looks so innocent here

Spoiler

tumblr_od3267FneG1qi2eq9o2_400__1__www.k

I have to tell you that I can't see her as a woman in love in these scenes

Spoiler

She looks sad and forced. He is in love for sure. 

2115291423_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

This look reminds me of Ruoxi, when she's left the Palace. She loves him as 4th, but hates him as the Emperor, so she has to leave. 

end_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

I can only see her in love with 4th in this pic. I hope that it will be a scene in the drama. 

Spoiler

20160829203310_iQdm8.thumb.700_0_www.kep

Hi @liddi ! Thanks for your post, but I have to admit that I'm a bit confused now. I always watch it via SBS Live on the net, because altough it's streaming there is no lagging and if I have time I left it on to watch some korean style television. When it airs it's still afternoon over here. :)

Anyway, so I guess I watch the SBS version, but all the scene you've mentioned was there when it's aired except that in the international version, there was an extra show of 4th as Gwangjong at the end. See, the additional scenes in the international version were there in the SBS version too. 

I wanted to see it with subs so that's why I had to watch the other version(international) and that's how I've noticed it. I also noticed that there was a missing scene in this version which was my second favourite from this ep. When Soo and So were in the boat the SBS (original?) version was much better edited, it's got slow motion as well and before Soo's sit up, we could see So still staring at her abandon place, still mesmerized by her closeness and overcome with emotions.Aww...it was so nicely edited :wub:, I loved that scene, except that we could see Soo's trousers under her skirt at the beginning. :w00t:  

Spoiler

fall_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpgstare1_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpginboat3_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Prince 4th, the enchanted beauty.:lol::wub:  

stare2_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

• Like 24
3 hours ago, chi13lou said:

She already knows that WS killed people for a reason and not for fun. Perhaps, if she really was a true friend to him, she could calm down and consider why WS would end up killing people in the future. She is after all partly to blame for using her makeup skills to make WS rise and shine.

I think she could not accept the fact WS is King Gwongjong who killed his brothers for throne. HS always think he is a good man and lonely prince who grown up without anyone concerns. She concerns his feeling and wants to help him in any circumstances. So, when she gets  know he will be the 4th king of Goryeo, because of lacking knowledge about the history of Goryeo, she thought who killed people brutally, she feels nervous, upset and painful. Just could not bare the pain inside her,...cos she already falls in LOVE with him. She is not aware of it. 

• Like 10

@larinalove

Exactly . I feel the same....the established character of HS was ok at first....i like her being strongwilled, relentless, never losing hope.  But just that "unconfirmed" vision that she saw (when admittedly she doesnt exactly remember all her History lessons)... has branded WS as a hopeless case just like that.
I wonder if it would be better for her to be just transported back to the present time....the problem she had with her cheating boyfriend and her unpaid debts is like walk-in-the-park compared to this royal mess she's into......geezzzz ...bummer -_-

• Like 7

I just hope WW don't have anything to do with the poison thing i am so curiose what bad thing he will do hahhahaha i don't know why but i have that bad felling after WS ask king for HS ... omo is start the love war ....

Yo  will be captured i see is because he send people after crown prince .... i don't thing the evil Queen is so stupid to try to kill crown prince so soon again i mean before she help her poor puppy son or maybe this scene is after the poison scene ok i have so many scene in my mind hahahaha but i wait for the second kiss scene the one with just like tuch ....like ankids kiss but WS is so sweet there and HS is so omo omo not angry at all :)

2h for the true

• Like 7
3 hours ago, skxz said:

WOW the family having dinner together and Queen Yoo is giving So food. Call me skeptical but I ain't buying that she suddnely has a change of heart. She better not be trying to poison him. Shady lady I'm watching you.

Cr : to the owner

Aigoo, the devil queen is serving her son...I could not believe her...So, please don't get trapped because of your mum....

• Like 9
9 minutes ago, larinalove said:

Hey everyone, how is your day going?

Mine not so good, I am still at work but have been in a foul mood all day, even more so after seeing the clip of HS being scared out of her mind because of who and what she thinks WS is and is capable of doing and seeing her warn WW  that way and say those things really crushed all that has been built during these 8'th of the friendship between the OTP. They can try and turn this around somehow but it won't be believable at least not to me because how can a girl like HS from being all good intentions and acceptance and non judgmental one minute and the next after some sort of "revelation" she thinks WS is a monster, I know he's not the kindest of souls, he has been dealt a brutal life, anyone in his place would be the same but he still is better than most and she knows that. I know it's all done for dramatic purpose and for angst but to have all this built up trust and friendship crush in a minute really hurts me and angers me. I've said it many times, how and why she will have a change of heart is very important, I don't know after this point if it will believable but I still will hold on to some hope.

It's a shame really, we've heard all this talk about a love that will supposedly burn between them and I was looking forward to it because even though they were trying our patience with the whole WW-HS story line but we still had a friendship between them and trust and it was looking promising that when they do get together it will "burn" but after seeing HS be like that even without WS do anything wrong, without actually seeing him kill his brothers or do anything wrong it's a bit too much for me to believe her love for him afterwards, she truly needs to redeem herself in my eyes.

Sorry guys, I don't mean to be negative but this is how I feel right now and I just wanted to be honest.

Let's see how it will work out but they have lost so many time already and how will they turn this around I am truly curious to see.

Totally agree with you! The motivation for the realization on the part of HS regarding her love for So has to be credible for her to redeem herself to me. Of course, we could still be mistaken as we don't know what happened in the scene that led to her "frightened" state, but the mere fact that she mentioned So being king to Wook only means that it relates to So.

May the writer prove me wrong.

• Like 9

Just wanna share my two cents on terrified haesoo debacle, I share the same view that it's still understandable for her to feel shaken by the revelation, knowing how limited and distorted historical knowledge she possess.

It's not about his well known ruthlessness and bloodbath way in securing stability of his power, as I believe she already come to terms with goryeo kill or be killed situation, but more about the fact that he eventually will kill one of his brothers that she also cherish. She innocently believes an ideal concept about loving family, and feel shocked, not sure what to do and clearly had no idea what possibly goes wrong especially knowing that they all capable to get along well with each other right now. 

However I assume the main reason for her to avoid him is not because she feel terrified or hates him for it, but more about the fact that she afraid her impulsive behaviour will be the cause of tragedy to happen. She realised the weight of her action, that it was her involvement that increase his chance to be a king, and as she fully aware that she's from the future and not belong in there, she doesn't want to recklessly meddling with history anymore. Little did she knows that her being there is her destiny and every action that she made while being in goryeo already shape the history. Like it or not she is the trigger. 

Having said that, looking from wang so's point of view, her sudden coldness and blatant rejection feels unwarranted and hurtful especially knowing how difficult it is for him to open up, put his trust, and finally learn his capability to love someone. 

• Like 13
3 hours ago, ossy91 said:

If i see this drama as a new drama with some creative fiction story and some diff thing from history.

I can understand why haesoo so scared about wang so after she realized wang so is gwangjong. 

Because Haesoo know that Wang so did not have a good relationship with his brothers . And she know that he ever killing ppl even though she think that because he had to do it to safe his own life. She did not know the real reason is.

And because in history that she know gwangjong is a cruel king who can killing ppl easily . Its a normal react that haesoo will think that he can do that even to his brother. Because she know wang so had a bad relationship with his brothers. 

Yap wang so want to revenged to his mom. To become important person even a king of goryeo in palace . 

We can wait...

Until she realized that, she can change him more humanity than before. That her who can make him a better person and a great king. 

diff from a history about gwangjong that she knows. The history that we know now.. 

Ahhhhh if you put it that way it is more understandable to why she was so afraid. No human is perfect and i think it was because I saw our Hae Soo as this perfect heroine, i was disappointed. Hae Soo is in fact a person who has her own feelings and thoughts. Until she realizes and knows to put aside her fear into love, it'll be worth the watch lol

Thank you chinggu! I am satisfied with your reply! :)

• Like 8
9 hours ago, merrylass said:

n real history, King Gwangjong (aka 4th Prince Wang So) is known to have gathered tremendous popular support in the early years of his reign (he used it to help keep the clans in check).  I like how the drama showed the beginnings of this popular support -- his "miraculous" removal of his scar (and mask) led to almost instantaneous rain ... within seconds of Prince Wang So's stepping upon the altar, the heavens open up and begin to pour.  He truly becomes the "son of the dragon" to the commoners praying and you can imagine what the commoners will say about how the heavens truly acknowledged this prince.  Commoners might even twist it to say the heavens removed the scar as "proof" that he truly was heaven's choice to perform the rain ritual and to prevent anyone from rejecting him again!!

@merrylasslove your post...sorry to cut it...I do agree that  I like how they show how Wang So became who he was a political student and warrior of his time and his father, starting with the miraculous calling of the rain. His reign lasted longer than his brothers. In this episode, the heavens helped him and so did Jimong but he also is smart enough to learn how to use opportunities that open for him. Jimong has predicted the stars aligning with So's energy and supports him. The brothers take Jimong for granted while So listens carefully and learns. Because of his childhood background, So is sensitive to others vibes and able to listen quietly and discern others intentions which will become politically advantageous especially in the early years of his reign. He unlike his brothers doesn't feel entitled but he is someone who studies situations or opportunities and uses them to his political advantage. He grew up on his own, once thrown to the elements with the wolves and given up for dead but he survived. Oh yes, this prince is not of the silk and silver spoon and gilded palace but a prince of the elements the wild, the forests, the wind and fire. The world has taught him more than he would have growing in the palace. Of all the princes, he is the one who is able to see both the big and the small picture and able to adapt more to what the moment presents. Hae Soo with her openness and acceptance of his beauty and humanity has shown that strength in himself to do what needs to be done and accept the responsibility of being the son of the dragon. Prince Wook and Prince Yo have no chance of politically winning with this one,

Wang Wook did not die (read posted in another historical drama), as he was a sister of the queen and maybe leader of the powerful Hwangbo clan, he intermarried with So's family. Kings of Goryeo came from So and Wook's lineage. 

• Like 16
10 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Confucius may or may not have said: "He who opens his mouth first to the king... will most likely get the girl."

In the land of Goryeo, the one-eye scarred man is destined to be king.

Wang So, Son of Taejo, 4th Prince of Goryeo... how do I love thee, let me count the ways... 

I love this quote eonnie....

Yes true ...Wook lost his chance right in front of his eyes. 

I'm kinda worried about him when the dating scene between Wook and Hae Soo....

Wook : I will buy all the herb in the country fill it up for you so you can make soap....

Aigoo...yes it sweet but compare to what So say to her 

'So : You remember? I was once told you that you're mine. Well You are before and now you're mine

Wook even lost his battle from those words. 

I imagine what makes Wook thinking "I might be useful in another place"

Is that because now he see the King favorite the new comer instead of him? He is really need to be push. He is lack of nothing for king material. He is educated well more than his other siblings...his martial art must be exceed too....the problem is he always hesitating and count everything...

like you say eonnie, "He who opens his mouth first to the king... will most likely get the girl"

"The early bird get the worm"

• Like 14

the most interesting event that i waited tbh is how will the writer changed HS direction of heart... there is two option that will make me actually believe that HS fall in love with WS..

1. WW did something that she can't forgive and broke off with him.. staying in palace and slowly fall in love with a guy that obviously love you..

2 WS sacrifice himself and forcing HS to stay with him out of gratitude and later on actually fall in love with WS..

there is no way that HS will just suddenly in love with WS even if he wiling to die behalf of her.. i think it take time well at least 2 eps to warm up for WS love..

• Like 12

Argh the preview. In BBJX those words from the heroine started the downward spiral of suspicions from the 8th Prince. And spurred him into the fight for the throne. Is this where ML is heading too?

Guess I will be stopping it for a few weeks to avoid suffering waiting for the weekly episodes. In fact going to BBJX to cry my guts out. Again. Then ep 9 and onwards here will be a piece of cake. Hahaha. 

• Like 11

regarding last night's ep.. i am so thrilled at the scene where LJK was shown as gwangjong while IU was looking at him in shock state... that background music was really fit for that specific scene... i was like waaaahhhh that was the climax of these entire episode.

i have mixed emotion... like what  @sharreb said we have to be mentally prepared for today's ep... it was a full packed ups and downs between our main heroine HS and WS.. i wonder what will be WS's reaction by HS's sudden change towards him.... and that poisoned thing... i wonder if his mother did that... i remember she said all she want was to make one of her son takes the throne... so why poisoned WS? there is possibility that WY will do the evil thing coz of insecurities... 

its already ep7 and we were close to the half of the entire episodes and we still have no progress with our OTP's aigoo the worst is HS will surely avoids WS.. i hope it wont take long.... 

and like what @SizzlerZ mention that JiMong seems soo suspicious... me too i can see there is something with JiMong that knows everything about the history itself. regardng WS who will soon be king.. was he also came from the future???? does he have the power to manipulate the goryeo empire... it was like the king was following whatever he says...

i could say that this thread was soo active... i've been away for the whole day and it gained 20pages already? daebak to gwangjong.... and here i am still less than 2 hours early and already on streaming mode.... ready for the recap... 

• Like 9
6 minutes ago, violet90 said:

1. WW did something that she can't forgive and broke off with him.. staying in palace and slowly fall in love with a guy that obviously love you..

Sorry to cut it...

but in my opinion Wook is not that kind a person. He is calculating everything in favor to make peace with everything. So it's 3 out of 100 for him to making mistake that will lead him to the catastrophe like losing HS intentionally. As we see the scene where the bracelet ruined and Wook crying over it. I think that happen because he is "late" again.

I think (maybe) its So who sacrifice her self to be with So (at the first time) to save Wook form getting killed by So (because the love she has for Wook). But in the end HS fall into love trap and love So even more and trying to save him from killing anyone but still get him into the throne as a better king. 

• Like 8

As frnd @liddi mentioned that international version had the perspective that HS did makeup of WS so that he can do the ritual and results in rains so that WW can ask king HS while SBS version had HS doing makeup out of her frndship and compassion for WS....

Also after seeing the different versions of all the episodes so fat...i feel show was originally planned to have lesser importance (screens space) to WS-HS dynamics and after seeing the result of less OTP on screen they decided to re-edited everything to give people what they are seeking in this show,..being SHR fan i am happy that all the backlash worked and we are getting a bit more of Lead pair on screen.

next... HS being scared-terrified of WS cause he will be Future ruthless king and then the video where she tells WW to be careful of WS. How and what will make her not to worry abt WW and to stop giving him heads up ?

no matter how much i love WS-HS pairing... and liking WS being obsessive - possessive but I dont want him to force himself on a gal who is already in love (or at least thinks she is in lve) with someone else. I want WS to show all his love and care and concern and kissing skills only once she is in love with him Genuinely (may be many here disagree with me). Someone also mentioned that what if YH force herself on WS even knowing he does not love her, just cause WS is the lead i cant feel ok seeing him doing anything rashly, yes he can surely try to woo HS be all around her give gifts and so many more and at the same time WW should do something to force HS to leave him (evil me.. yes i am what can ido when HS is so blindly in love with WW an does not see WS as love interest) ... i am not gonna complain at all...

Hoping to see a good and satisfying episode 9....

• Like 8
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner