✧ BinKyo | H2 ✧ Hyun Bin ♥ Song Hye Kyo ✧

Grasya0000_

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, arabella said:

Hello.  I decided to delurk as well after reading your posts for about three months.  I got some courage after fragola's post actually.  I can't say I am a long time HB fan, but I am a long time admirer of his works.  Through the members here I am slowly getting to know Kyo.  I enjoy reading things, and piecing together puzzles in my mind with the "crumbs" I get.

I like most of the group members here very much because of the respect and appreciation accorded to the two special people as seen from your posts, knowing that we can only speculate as fans but at the end of the day it is their happiness that counts.  Hope you continue your good work.  I am having a lot of fun as well reading through what the people here are writing.  

welcome to the group @arabella. I am very flattered that you were inspired by my post. It took me a while to join the fun here...now i am happy to connect with members who share the same interests as i am.  i love how people here, more than anything respect binkyo.

17 minutes ago, Nona said:

Upright. Uptight.

Nothing new.

Bin.

It's so hard to dig up info from this guy, isn't it? Everything non work related are classified :lol:.

Dropping another song for our Binkyo. (I wish Bin could sing this song in his next FM) :wub:

If I could turn back the clock
I'd make sure the light defeated the dark
I'd spend every hour, of every day
Keeping you safe

And I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh, cause I need you to see
That you are the reason

43 minutes ago, mizz_rain said:

It's so hard to dig up info from this guy, isn't it? Everything non work related are classified :lol:.

Dropping another song for our Binkyo. (I wish Bin could sing this song in his next FM) :wub:

If I could turn back the clock
I'd make sure the light defeated the dark
I'd spend every hour, of every day
Keeping you safe

And I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh, cause I need you to see
That you are the reason

I agree. He really is a very private person. I think that’s what I like about him. He’s not a kiss and tell guy. He knows what to share to the public and is very straightforward during interviews and in denying rumours. I think that’s also the reason why his fans are very loyal to him. 

1 hour ago, Nona said:

Upright. Uptight.

Nothing new.

Bin.

Full Stop. Everything has been said and done from his end.   That's the final wrap. The final curtain call.

Okay. I'm running out of film-related expressions for The End. 

:joy:

Temporarily un-lurk to post my translation of excerpts of his interview article featured in the Japanese magazine "Weekly Asahi" that was published in the issue released on 15th of July. My translation is from the Chinese translation by 菜鸟木子妈.

I am too lazy to translate the whole article (it has repetitive stuffs about what he has said about the fear of losing popularity etc - so I don’t think it is necessary for me to repeat those. I will just give you the gist of one important part - he is not affected by his popularity at all. Neither is he afraid of losing it. He said he returns to himself immediately after his work. While he has learned to savour the popularity (he put his ability to enjoy it down to age and maturity), he remains very much himself.

As with all of his interviews, they are always focused on his projects and the characters of his projects. Interestingly, although the interview arose out of the Hyunbin-madness syndrome in Japan after Crash Landing on You, Hyunbin himself did not mention that drama or his character in that drama at all. The questions and his response were focused on his dramas My Name is Kim Sam Soon (MNIKSS) and Secret Garden and the similarities he has with the characters in there. The only mention of his latest drama is by the reporter Hayasirumi herself/himself (at the end of the interview and report of interview) wherein reporter remarked that the female character in CLOY is like the strong female predecessors of MNIKSS and SeGa. 

Reporter: I am afraid that until now, when he is asked the same question, he will always have the same answer.  Although he is not as arrogant as the rich second generation chaebol that he plays in My Name Is Kim Sam Soon (MNIKSS), they also have something in common.

Hyunbin: I think the way we are calm and composed when handling things is similar. I do the same, clearly deciding what it is, so what I say it is, it is. I will not be ambiguous."

Reporter: There is often a quiet air about him.  He doesn’t usually talk much.

Hyunbin: When I am interacting with people at work, I prefer to listen than talk. When I am with friends, it seems that I am also a listener."

(Me: At his 2015 HIS*TORY fan meeting in Seoul, his staff put up a skit about how frustrated they are with his monosyllabic answers to their questions haha)

Reporter: The heroine of "MNIKSS" is 30 years old, a cake chef with no money and low education.  This is a breakthrough heroine image never seen in a Korean TV series 15 years ago.  And the fact that a second generation rich chaebol is attracted by such a character is one of the highlights of the TV series, and Hyunbin himself has also expressed his love for Samsoon.

Hyunbin: (Samsoon) is passionate about work, and goes all out in love and work."

Reporter: However, the setting of the chaebol being emotionally shaken and torn between Samsoon and his former lover - that part seems to be somewhat ethically incompatible.

Hyunbin: As for me, I will only choose the one I love.

Reporter: At that time, in the very popular "Secret Garden" in South Korea, he played the super willful second generation chaebol again.  Although people initially worried about the overlap between his character in there with his character in MNIKSS, Hyunbin’s acting was again highly praised as he shaped and displayed a completely different character.  Not only is his acting excellent, the director also praised him for his meticulous and hard work in portraying the role.  Although his character in there is considered to be a character that is not very similar to himself, he himself says that they have something in common.

Hyunbin: I think I'm quite willful or stubborn (like Kim Joo Won). For example, if I want to do something, I must realize it. When it comes to work, I will also always go by my first choice according to my mood. Even if the people around me persuade me and say, “Isn’t it bad to do this?", I won’t listen.  From this point of view, I am quite individualistic and willful/stubborn.  In addition, if there is something I want, I must get it, come what may. In this way, I am quite similar to my character in Secret Garden.”

Reporter: The same is true for "My name is Kim Sam Soon" - in the works selected by Hyunbin, most of the heroines are women with equal standing as the male character and they all have a strong personality.

Hyunbin: “They are full of enthusiasm for work and love, and they are very charming people, but I am attracted by their optimistic attitude to overcome adversity. I like women who are happy in work and love."

Reporter: He has appeared in various roles so far, but when asked which role is closest to himself (his real personality), he couldn't answer.

Hyunbin: It's difficult to answer this question. No character is completely different from myself. My behavior, my inner traits, these things will, more or less, be projected onto the characters that I play."

Reporter: He always seems calm and composed, but he said he is not like that.

Hyunbin: “I have a pre-challenge panic disorder. The worst thing for me is to go for an audition. It's already very hard when I stand at the starting line of the 100-meter run (laughs)."

(Me: Reading this part in Chinese gives me the impression that he is referring to him having a panic attack when he faces a clear challenge ahead.)

PS: The “Reporter” part is basically the reporter’s writing in prose, and not reported in a question format. The “Hyunbin” part is his response reported in first person. The comments in brackets with Me are my personal comments. 

The link for magazine cover is here.

https://dot.asahi.com/print_image/index.html?photo=2020071500076_1

21 minutes ago, KimSooHanMoo said:

Hyunbin: “They are full of enthusiasm for work and love, and they are very charming people, but I am attracted by their optimistic attitude to overcome adversity. I like women who are happy in work and love."

66585-A1-E-87-FA-4-EA3-9-A47-37-D1-C5508
do not quote!

I guess he was very consistent in the kind of women he likes. He said that Kyo is a happy person and she makes him laugh while filming. 

:happyshakes:

Archived