she literally dived onto him

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

1 hour ago, Thong Thin said:

Lunch today, South Indian Curry Rice

i had this

singapore-hainanese-roasted-chicken-rice

cr.: owner

58 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

It's getting warmer in the sandpit, whew! My breakfast is cold watermelon slices.

which period of the year does the sand storms come? i remember there's a month or two where the fine sand literally invades all the house gaps..

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

14 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Good for him.

both became even more famous overnight in the world of memes.

Spoiler

wanjiku.jpg

and, time to spam some food pics before i forget..

fruit-and-yogurt-parfait-09.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvIbFsWBMP2Yu2gGQfDou

• LOL 3

25 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Morning, everyone!

@Lmangla @joccuLooks like Will Smith has now apologized to Chris Rock: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-60909487.amp

Good for him. Will be interesting to see what kind of consequence the Academy gives him, if any.

it feels rather fake and just a PR move to be honest -- the guy was partying afterwards without a care. Rock comes across as rather cool -- even after getting slapped, he didn't lose his ruffle, presented the award he was and made it seem like it was all on beat. he didn't file police charges....

it will be interesting to see how this plays out -- we live in times where people can be hypersensitive about certain things and will not let go. I saw a tweet from this lady who said that as someone who had suffered child abuse, she was shocked and upset to see violence on stage like that. so different people will have different reactions to that. it really was a bizarre moment to say the least. apparently the ceremony ended with a statement from LAPD that they were investigating. talk about strange!

• Love 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thirsty 1

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

which period of the year does the sand storms come? i remember there's a month or two where the fine sand literally invades all the house gaps..

Around April, though it can be anytime the winds are strong enough to bring sand and dust. Thick, floor length curtains help contain it, and vacuum is your best friend when cleaning up.

@the_sweetroad Chris Rock also apologised it seems.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

and vacuum is your best friend when cleaning up.

200.gif

its pouring suddenly.. and super heavy.

weather has been weird, warm all mornings and noon and nights.. then only late afternoon, thunderstorms!

886ec06f9264a9dd339784d5f4584b55.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

12 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

weather has been weird, warm all mornings and noon and nights.. then only late afternoon, thunderstorms!

Super heavy rain here too.

@MayanEcho  a friend visited Dubai Expo and she posted out some pictures. Had a peek on the Malaysian site where they promoted Julies bisc and MaryBrown (KFC Competitor).

Gosh !.. the weather is so hot there .

18 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Around April, though it can be anytime the winds are strong enough to bring sand and dust. Thick, floor length curtains help contain it, and vacuum is your best friend when cleaning up.

suppose you need a heavy duty vacumm to clean those dust.

• Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

21 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

We only have this weather for around two weeks, LOL!

11 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

a friend visited Dubai Expo and she posted out some pictures. Had a peek on the Malaysian site where they promoted Julies bisc and MaryBrown (KFC Competitor).

Gosh !.. the weather is so hot there .

Hope your friend had a great time in Expo. My cousin and niece went 11 times, LOL! 

Marrybrown chicken tastes good too. Too bad there are few branches here. At least there are other choices to buy chicken from aside from KFC, hehehe.

Crispy-Fried-Chicken-Recipe.jpg

ctto

• Like 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

55 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Chris Rock also apologised it seems.

Since you said this I've been trying to find news on this particularly, but the news feeds are just flooded with Will Smith's apology. :lol: But good for Chris Rock if he also apologized!

I haven't been this into entertainment news since Italy won Eurovision last year, haha.

@Thong Thin @sadthe1st @MayanEcho I'm jealous of all your food options. My food all seems pretty boring now. At our local mall the native chains are failing and they've put in Taco Bell, KFC, and Burger King instead. :( Sad.

• Like 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

36 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

My cousin and niece went 11 times, LOL!

Surprise Wow GIF by MOODMAN

did they manage to cover all the pavilions??

13 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

I'm jealous of all your food options. My food all seems pretty boring now. At our local mall the native chains are failing and they've put in Taco Bell, KFC, and Burger King instead. :( Sad.

you haven't seen the ones that were unable to sustain in sg and had to move out..

A&Ws left more than 15+ yrs ago and returned in recent years

Wendy's came.. and left

Taco Bell came.. and left

Marry Brown was here for a very short period of time..

Carls jr shut down most of their outlets and probably left 1 or 2 here

but i think salad bars and burritos are super pops these days, especially a lot of people are ordering those without the dough

http://stuffed.com.sg/

@Thong Thin u tried this? i love the daily bowl

w768-crop.jpg

+2

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

27 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

But good for Chris Rock if he also apologized!

I rather think both of them were dorks to begin with on what to joke about and how to handle that kind of joke!

16 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

did they manage to cover all the pavilions??

Nope. They were attending concerts! :lol: 

maxresdefault.jpg

ctto

• Like 4
  • Thirsty 1

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

you haven't seen the ones that were unable to sustain in sg and had to move out..

A&Ws left more than 15+ yrs ago and returned in recent years

Wendy's came.. and left

Taco Bell came.. and left

Marry Brown was here for a very short period of time..

Carls jr shut down most of their outlets and probably left 1 or 2 here

Oh wow...tough market for the Western chains.

One day when I visit I want to go to one of your food markets....those always look so good in the foodie travel shows. But I'm not sure what I would get first. :lol:

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

I rather think both of them were dorks to begin with on what to joke about and how to handle that kind of joke!

Totally agree! This is one incident that was completely preventable.

But we're all like: :sipsboba:

• Like 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1