Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

KDRAMA-SPOTLIGHT-Lee-Min-Ho.png?fit=890,Lee Min-ho’s Most Memorable Roles Yet

"It just seems that no matter what role Lee Min-ho takes, each character just has the looks and the charisma that make them stand out so much, we remember them forever!"

A chaebol heir – Boys Over Flowers (2009)

source: https://www.kdramapal.com/k-drama-spotlight-lee-min-hos-most-memorable-roles-yet/

That's my favorite role of Lee Min Ho! It's also my first K-drama! :heart2beat:

What's your favorite LMH role? 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Since just joined Soompi so recently, I've been slowly back reading on this thread and I was stunned on how there was clearly a witch-hunt by K-medias and other medias on LMH and TKEM awhile back. 

TKEM was the first Netflix K-drama with phenomenal international success and was the talk of the town in places that we naturally wouldn't associate with K-drama such as Paris and Hungary, but the medias failed to recognise this stellar achievement and it made many of Minoz felt sad back then.

But look where we are right now. LMH has once again proven his significant achievement like no other could.

He was the first K-celebrity (including actor, idol and others) who gained 20 million followers both on IG and FB, his social media followers kept growing even when he had no major activities after TKEM. 

And now he's appointed as the first regional brand ambassador by Lazada, I think he's the first Korean actor who got this kind of foreign regional brand ambassadorship covering 6 countries. Can you imagine? He's Korean, not even South East Asian, yet he's chosen as brand ambassador for foreign brand in several foreign countries. Even not many Koreans know what Lazada is, lol. 

This is just a mind blowing fact for me. Haters still gonna hate, medias might still will be witch-hunting on LMH. But at the end of the day, it is the real audiences/viewers and fans who decide. LMH is clearly loved by so many.

I'M JUST SO PROUD OF HIM. We stan the right man.

I think the quote that LMH posted on his 14th debut anniversary rings very true:

"May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty. May hope forever wipe away your tears. And above all, may silence make you strong. "

1.jpg?type=w1200

• Like 6
  • Love 7

3 hours ago, JoannaID said:

And now he's appointed as the first regional brand ambassador by Lazada, I think he's the first Korean actor who got this kind of foreign regional brand ambassadorship covering 6 countries. Can you imagine? He's Korean, not even South East Asian, yet he's chosen as brand ambassador for foreign brand in several foreign countries. Even not many Koreans know what Lazada is, lol. 

Actually Lmh had so many CFs in South Asia, Chine etc. previously, this isn't first time, this show just that his popularity still continuing, If there isn't Hallyu ban in China he has so many CF in China, he was model Oppo in 2016 but Hallyu Ban started , even though Hallyu ban they continued CFs in web in 2016 

2 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Actually Lmh had so many CFs in South Asia, Chine etc. previously, this isn't first time, this show just that his popularity still continuing, If there isn't Hallyu ban in China he has so many CF in China, he was model Oppo in 2016 but Hallyu Ban started , even though Hallyu ban they continued CFs in web in 2016 

3 hours ago, JoannaID said:

But look where we are right now. LMH has once again proven his significant achievement like no other could.

He was the first K-celebrity (including actor, idol and others) who gained 20 million followers both on IG and FB, his social media followers kept growing even when he had no major activities after TKEM. 

Unfortunatelly Korea Media still doesn't give to TKEM deserved things

6 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Studio Dragon earns so many thank to TKEM but they didn't do news of success , I read today Naver becomes Studio Dragon's biggest 2nd shareholder also.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

I think LMH should be in the category of “younger Oppa” in that soompi poll ... <_<

I started looking for him in "younger Oppa", but I guess being over 30 make him mature more than young. I didn't vote for anyone on the youth category, because I don't know the names. I guess I also lean more toward mature than young (lol)

5 hours ago, willenette said:

@gtLmh0622, launched in 2012, Lazada is the number-one online shopping and selling destination in Southeast Asia – present only in (6) countries : Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. ..Ye, I remember Alibaba signed with LMH who was the spokesperson of Taobao phone during that year. :blush:  Since he's now the new endorser for Lazada Philippines, unfortunately, Lazada currently doesn't deliver outside of the Philippines.

Thank you for the explanation! I also haven't heard of Lazada until now.

49 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Sorry to cut your post. What is the meaning of "CF"?

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, leeminhosny said:

Studio Dragon зарабатывает очень много благодаря TKEM, но они не делали новостей об успехе, я читал сегодня, что Naver также становится вторым крупнейшим акционером Studio Dragon.

CJ ENM, Studio Dragon and CJ Logistics will exchange shares with Naver and participate in technology exchange and joint investment. As Naver becomes the second largest shareholder of Studio Dragon, it is expected to strengthen its focus on the Korean-Japanese content market.

2020101409304889034_00_602.jpg

CJ ENM and Studio Dragon's Hallyu content is expected to be distributed in major markets such as Korea, Japan and Southeast Asia through Naver platforms such as Naver TV and will further strengthen collaboration in the file-based e-commerce sector.

Both companies said: "It is correct that they have agreed on a business partnership, but the scope, method and schedule will be confirmed and officially announced after the approval of the board of directors of both companies."

Seo Jung Geun, reporter for Money Today Broadcasting

https://m.mtn.co.kr/news/news_view.php?mmn_idx=2020101409304889034

• Like 3

5 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

Studio Dragon earns so many thank to TKEM but they didn't do news of success , I read today Naver becomes Studio Dragon's biggest 2nd shareholder also.

@leeminhosny Yes I am aware that LMH had many foreign CF projects before. But in my country and South East Asia before, I didn't feel the mass hype back then as it is with Lazada's ambassadorship. As in Indonesia, I am aware he was a brand ambassador for a coffee brand before, but it was only for Indonesia (1 country), not for other countries. He was also BA for a health chair brand in Malaysia before, but only Malaysia. I didn't remember he represented "regional foreign brand with multiple countries" before in South East Asia. Before I only knew he represented Korean brands such as KyoChon and Innisfree which promoting their products here in South East Asia.

Right now e-commerce brands are the ones with big pocket and big advertising money in South East Asia region as this region is the source of hyper growth for online business outside of China in Asia. Previously e-commerce brands in South East Asia only appointed K-Pop groups such as BTS and Blackpink as BA, so it's safe to say that LMH is the first Korean actor who got into this new sexy industry with Lazada which creates a new level of hype in the region. This is a new level of brand ambassadorship, unlike previous ones he had.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 2

22 minutes ago, JoannaID said:

@leeminhosny Yes I am aware that LMH had many foreign CF projects before. But in my country and South East Asia before, I didn't feel the mass hype back then as it is with Lazada's ambassadorship. As in Indonesia, I am aware he was a brand ambassador for a coffee brand before, but it was only for Indonesia (1 country), not for other countries. He was also BA for a health chair brand in Malaysia before, but only Malaysia. I didn't remember he represented "regional foreign brand with multiple countries" before in South East Asia. Before I only knew he represented Korean brands such as KyoChon and Innisfree which promoting their products here in South East Asia.

Right now e-commerce brands are the ones with big pocket and big advertising money in South East Asia region as this region is the source of hyper growth for online business outside of China in Asia. Previously e-commerce brands in South East Asia only appointed K-Pop groups such as BTS and Blackpink as BA, so it's safe to say that LMH is the first Korean actor who got into this new sexy industry with Lazada which creates a new level of hype in the region. This is a new level of brand ambassadorship, unlike previous ones he had.

Actually LMH was OSIM model for Asia countires (not only Mlaysia)  he went so many countries for OSIM event and If I could find other CF list I can say more accurate data , there is a CF list in Wiki perviously but it was removed currently I don't know why. So couldn't find it. It is so looooong list so I can't remember every CF.

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 2

3 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Actually LMH was OSIM model for Asia countires (not only Mlaysia)  he went so many countries for OSIM event and If I could find other CF list I can say more accurate data , there is a CF list in Wiki perviously but it was removed currently I don't know why. So couldn't find it. It is so looooong list so I can't remember every CF.

Ah so the name of the chair was OSIM, haha. I didn't even remember that LMH was representing OSIM in Indonesia, because he didn't come here to promote it, he only came here once, for his own fan meeting back in 2013. And OSIM also didn't put big advertising money in the format of Billboards, online advertisement, TVC, etc, so thats why I didn't remember LMH as their BA, maybe because OSIM is a very niche brand, it's different with mass e-commerce brand like Lazada.

Lazada will spend million of US dollars for television advertisement, Billboard ads everywhere, display advertising all over internet and social media, so this will be very different with OSIM CF.  

And we will see LMH face everywhere, this just makes me happier. :D 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

5 minutes ago, JoannaID said:

Lazada will spend million of US dollars for television advertisement, Billboard ads everywhere, display advertising all over internet and social media, so this will be very different with OSIM CF.  

And we will see LMH face everywhere, this just makes me happier. :D 

Actually he was model so many time for so many brand but I have seen first time they made already so well promotion, they describe him so well before they started.

Actually I think TKEM is more popular foreign contries than SEA countries , it is popular but I hoped more for TKEM in SEA , If we look just Flixpatrol and (we know theirs data is so lacking specially in Jan, Feb, March, April etc.)
 CL has been Top 1 in Japan for almost 5-6 months and Japan has biggest Netflix subsicriber in Asia and KES lost Japan because of unnecessary war secene in TKEM and Korea even criticised war scene, so TKEM isn't popular like CL in Japan, but CL doesn't seem without Asia (according Flixpatrol) and I think SEA countries were affected by Korea Media news so much because they follow news closely. We know that how popular LMH in Japan since BOF ,even his song albums are TOP in Japan music sites, Faith couldn't receive good response in Korea but it specially was big hit in Japan,Even its DVDs still was sold so many untill 3-4 years ago in Japan .And if we talk about loyalty ,Japan fans are really loyal.My opinion about Korean entertainment for 8 years, I think Korea quick to fall in love and quick to leave , they aren't loyal so much ,they love a new actor/idol every year but I think Japan and China viewers are loyal they can't leave any person easily   Japan still listens old generation idols ( 10-15 years ago) and their album sales still high they don't forget first Hallyu stars even 20 year ago but trend changes in Korea fastly every year ,Korea treat older like grandfather, they paise a person so much a year but next year look, they say " honestly his/her acting/singing isn't good etc." I think they are inconsistent , you never can know when they praise or criticise a person, their opinion can change everyday ,they criticised a singer so much about group chat scandal last year but his song break the record this year, it stayed on No 1 for months This is K-media summary for me .TKEM is big hit but I am still thinking TKEM could be better in SEA . TKEM's international popularity is better. Only Bad news and PPL stayed in Korea's brain because of Kmedia witch hunt.If Minoz search "TKEM" on Naver just they read few Studio Dragon success news you know nobody doesn't read economy news.

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 2

39 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Actually he was model so many time for so many brand but I have seen first time they made already so well promotion, they describe him so well before they started.

Actually I think TKEM is more popular foreign contries than SEA countries , it is popular but I hoped more for TKEM in SEA , If we look just Flixpatrol and (we know theirs data is so lacking specially in Jan, Feb, March, April etc.)
 CL has been Top 1 in Japan for almost 5-6 months and Japan has biggest Netflix subsicriber in Asia and KES lost Japan because of unnecessary war secene in TKEM and Korea even criticised war scene, so TKEM isn't popular like CL in Japan, but CL doesn't seem without Asia (according Flixpatrol) and I think SEA countries were affected by Korea Media news so much because they follow news closely. We know that how popular LMH in Japan since BOF ,even his song albums are TOP in Japan music sites, Faith couldn't receive good response in Korea but it specially was big hit in Japan,Even its DVDs still was sold so many untill 3-4 years ago in Japan .And if we talk about loyalty ,Japan fans are really loyal.My opinion about Korean entertainment for 8 years, I think Korea quick to fall in love and quick to leave , they aren't loyal so much ,they love a new actor/idol every year but I think Japan and China viewers are loyal they can't leave any person easily   Japan still listens old generation idols ( 10-15 years ago) and their album sales still high they don't forget first Hallyu stars even 20 year ago but trend changes in Korea fastly every year ,Korea treat older like grandfather, they paise a person so much a year but next year look, they say " honestly his/her acting/singing isn't good etc." I think they are inconsistent , you never can know when they praise or criticise a person, their opinion can change everyday ,they criticised a singer so much about group chat scandal last year but his song break the record this year, it stayed on No 1 for months This is K-media summary for me .TKEM is big hit but I am still thinking TKEM could be better in SEA . TKEM's international popularity is better. Only Bad news and PPL stayed in Korea's brain because of Kmedia witch hunt.If Minoz search "TKEM" on Naver just they read few Studio Dragon success news you know nobody doesn't read economy news.

Yes, I agree TKEM had its problem, mainly because of writing and directing, also PPL, which actually were not LMH's fault. It's been discussed so many times, it could be better definitely. I am sure LMH and MYM had learnt from both TKEM success and flaws, so they will have better judgements to consider his next project.

And LMH is still 33, he still has time to produce more critically acclaimed projects in the future, I am not worry for him. :) 

And as for Korean audience, they are what they are, they seem to be overly salty. Anyway Korea is only 50 million population, they realised that they are not very big country, so they need to export their entertainment products to other markets so they can reach wider audience and make more money. With the rise of streaming platform like Netflix, international audience will be more important for Korean entertainment producers. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Guys all of us need to vote every day till last date.minoz on voting app are telling that every day ranking matters a lot for winning .today we got 4th spot and we really need to do hard work from now on 

This voting system is so confusing that's why don't forget to read minoz community discussion there 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Wiggle 1

2 hours ago, Missprincesa said:

I started looking for him in "younger Oppa", but I guess being over 30 make him mature more than young. I didn't vote for anyone on the youth category, because I don't know the names. I guess I also lean more toward mature than young (lol)

Thank you for the explanation! I also haven't heard of Lazada until now.

Sorry to cut your post. What is the meaning of "CF"?

@Missprincesa, hahaha - in that poll, I also did the same thing - looking in what category he'll be in. Well, I really don't mind - personality changes for the better with age..... Young people are recognized as adults at age 18. But emerging science about brain development suggests that most people don't reach full maturity until the age 25. Age does not equal maturity. In reality, a person's maturity depends less on his or her actual age and more on life experience and personal integrity. CF means "commercial film". This is what they call in Korea but, in most countries they call it as "film commercial". Those are advertisements that you see on TV. There is a word called CF (Queen of Commercials) in Korean. The word indicates the woman who takes commercials a lot in certain period. If someone became a CF, then you can see her in almost everywhere in Korea like between the TV shows, next to the bus stop, in subways, etc. hahaha - TV ads are called commercials in English. In Korea, no one call that or something. CF is only used for TV ads and this word is not used for other formats. In Japan, TV advertisements are called "Commercial Messages" or CMs. :blush:

• Thanks 9

7 minutes ago, willenette said:

CF means "commercial film". This is what they call in Korea but, in most countries they call it as "film commercial". Those are advertisements that you see on TV. There is a word called CF (Queen of Commercials) in Korean. The word indicates the woman who takes commercials a lot in certain period. If someone became a CF, then you can see her in almost everywhere in Korea like between the TV shows, next to the bus stop, in subways, etc. hahaha - TV ads are called commercials in English. In Korea, no one call that or something. CF is only used for TV ads and this word is not used for other formats. In Japan, TV advertisements are called "Commercial Messages" or CMs. :blush:

Thank you @willenette for the detailed explanation of CF, FC, C or CM - you are really good!  I know they are advertisements as pointed out by @leeminhosny.  I hope LMH will be the King of commercials for a long time to come. 

Lee Min Ho, Semir photoshoot, Good Day.

cr as tagged

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, willenette said:

@Missprincesa, hahaha - in that poll, I also did the same thing - looking in what category he'll be in. Well, I really don't mind - personality changes for the better with age..... Young people are recognized as adults at age 18. But emerging science about brain development suggests that most people don't reach full maturity until the age 25. Age does not equal maturity. In reality, a person's maturity depends less on his or her actual age and more on life experience and personal integrity. CF means "commercial film". This is what they call in Korea but, in most countries they call it as "film commercial". Those are advertisements that you see on TV. There is a word called CF (Queen of Commercials) in Korean. The word indicates the woman who takes commercials a lot in certain period. If someone became a CF, then you can see her in almost everywhere in Korea like between the TV shows, next to the bus stop, in subways, etc. hahaha - TV ads are called commercials in English. In Korea, no one call that or something. CF is only used for TV ads and this word is not used for other formats. In Japan, TV advertisements are called "Commercial Messages" or CMs. :blush:

Wow, wonderful and very detailed explanations regarding the ad industry in Korea. I am quite new to k-dramas and my experience regarding Asian countries is limited to what I have seen on screen and the few times I went to Asia (not specifically Korea) on holidays, so there are many things that I am yet to learn.

Regarding maturity, I agree with you that there is not a exact relationship between aging and being mature but, come on, they have put Hyun Bin under the ahjussi category and he is under 40. Regarding that, I shouldn't be surprised to find LMH under Mature. Ains

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

43 minutes ago, Missprincesa said:

Regarding maturity, I agree with you that there is not a exact relationship between aging and being mature but, come on, they have put Hyun Bin under the ahjussi category and he is under 40. Regarding that, I shouldn't be surprised to find LMH under Mature. Ains

Haha, they should have been Hallyu King ,Hallyu Prince and Hallyu Emperor then.

Emperors being the forefront of the wave. Then followed by Kings then the Princes.

HyunBin comes from the Hallyu Wave 1 I assume ? LMH is wave 2 and All the younger ones just carried it forward lol. Although the Poll literally had a 1 year age diff or less in Mature/Young Oppas for few actors , I found that more funnier than LMH being categorized under mature. I mean really?

:Megalol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, Min2206 said:

Thank you @willenette for the detailed explanation of CF, FC, C or CM - you are really good!  I know they are advertisements as pointed out by @leeminhosny.  I hope LMH will be the King of commercials for a long time to come. 

cr as tagged

willenette look like wikipedia and you know I am not good at English writing :lol: so I can't explain good anything.And if they say CF queen/King a actress/actor can have 10-15-20 CFs in just a year, LMH had tens of times in last years but actors leave their CF before MS , so LMH leave so many CFs before MS .

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1