Game: 2 Lies, 1 Truth Kdrama Version

Sleepy Owl

*** I always face some problem in remembering all the character names in K-dramas that I’ve watched.  I struggle even with the main and famous characters’ names considering these are my Oppas.  :Megalol:     I guess because I watch so many and it's hard to keep track of this? For this kind of game, I will try to spot the TRUTH. I’ve only watched 8-dramas on your given list.  :kitty:

Actresses

1. Boys Over Flowers

Spoiler

Geum Jang Di's name means "Korean lawngrass".  Others are lies for me because her father owns a dry cleaner & not a restaurant. She attends school at Shin Hwa high school)

4. Descendant's of the Sun

Spoiler
  1. Kang Mo Yeon had her recorded confession for Yoo Shi Jin aired accidentally when her mobile was being used to play music in the radio station.???  She had recorded that confession when he car hanging at the edge and about to crash down into the sea.

6. Crash Landing On You

Spoiler

1.     Yoon Se Ri ended up in North Korea thanks to a faulty paraglider. Her evil step-brothers were behind this as they wanted to remove from the succession battle.  (the other one is lie for me because she’s not the eldest but, the youngest of three children)

Actors

1. Fated to Love You

Spoiler

1.     Lee Gun and his future Baby Momma Kim Mi Young have their first encounter in Macau. There they are drugged ??? and end up sleeping together, by mistake. Pregnancy - boom! (for me, the 2-are lies but, I don't think they're drugged as well - hahaha. Nothing left for me but, to choose this)  :headbang:

4. Vincenzo

Spoiler

Jun Woo  was diagnosed as a psychopath at the age of 16, and murdered 6 schoolmates - that he got away with.  He hated his father who cheated on his mom, so he killed him.??? His favorite past-time is abusing his younger half-brother Jang Han Seo. (the other one is lie for me because he’s the true chairman of Babel Pharmaceuticals Group & not Basel)

5. Goblin

Spoiler

1.     Kim Shin was an army general during the Joseon Era. Unfortunately he died and was left to rot in a buckwheat field. That's how he became a goblin.

6. Kill Me, Heal Me

Spoiler
  1. It was Shin Se Gi who made Cha Yoon Young feel empowered to act when he was a child. Thus feeling empowered, Shin Se Gi is the one who starts the fire in the mansion. He did this to release Oh Ri Jin from captivity and abuse, but leaves his abusive father comatose.

7. Faith

Spoiler

1.     Choi Young was the leader of an organization named Jeokwoldae. This organization was a group of elite warriors who had special powers. Currently Choi Young is the captain of Woodalchi warriors, and his hobby is to sleep.

• Awesome 4
  • Blob 1

39 minutes ago, joccu said:

@Ameera Ali  we can team up if you like but the bad news is that I have only seen couple of those dramas. 

Me I watch most of them , but how can @Sleepy Owl , @partyon except us to remember drama from 2014 , 2016 , 2012 , I can’t even remember what I had in my breakfast  :mrgreen:

IMG-4960.gif

• LOL 6
  • Blob 1

@rocher22 Chingu, all your answers seem to be correct! :piggydance:

As for the Actors, you are correct for Kim Shin, but for others check the answers again :hooray:

@partyon Noona might want to just confirm the one for Actress 7 :wow1:

@CarolynH Chingu, so are the answers in your spoilers the lies that you have identified or are they the statements you think to be correct?

@joccu Chingu, you have the correct answer for Kim Shin, but check the other answers once again :heartxoxo:

@willenette Chingu,

Spoiler

Actresses:

• Geum Jang Di - Correct
  • Kang Mo Yeon - Correct
  • Yoon Se ri - Wrong

Actors:

• Lee gun - Wrong
  • Jang Jun Woo - Correct
  • Kim Shin - Wrong
  • Cha Do Hyun - Correct
  • Choi Young - Correct

Great job Chingus on making your guesses, there might some wrong statements that you have guessed, so try to guess the correct one for them as well! 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

16 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Kim Shin - Goblin, you will have to recheck your answer 

OK, there are two more questions and one possible answer.

Let see

Spoiler

He doesn`t like horror movies because I remember a gif where he was scared of horror movies and dropped the pop corn.

So it is the other answer. He doesn`t know to use a phone. But really?! :joy:

By the way? How he because a goblin because I forgot.

• Like 1
  • Blob 6

:waves: guys!

I've been so late to the parties lately. Thank you so much @Sleepy Owl chingu for the tag! :lol:

Well I haven't watched even 5 dramas listed in the event. I'll go with what I've watched so far. Feeling so embarrassed! Ha ha ha... :joy:

Actresses

1. Geum Jang Di - Boys Over Flowers

Spoiler

I guess 3 is true.

5. Shin Ha Ri - Business Proposal

Spoiler

I guess 1 is true.

Actors

1. Lee Gun - Fated To Love You

Spoiler

I guess 1 is true.

How did I go?? May be I didn't pass the test? Ha ha ha.. :D

But still, I enjoyed the event! :piggydance:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Thanks for the invitation, guys. So hard to remember all these details. My memory is so terrible these days that if someone were to ask me what I had for lunch at dinnertime I would have already forgotten about that. These are shows and some that I haven’t even watched. But I am more than willing to give my grey matter a charge up. Wish me luck as I will do the same for the rest of you.

Females

Don’t know. Never watched this

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon

Spoiler

All the answers seem correct to an extent. While I don’t know about the second one. I do know the first one is that she did base her main character after someone but wasn’t it the secretary of the male lead. Or are we talking even before that? I really can’t remember if a character was based on someone. Sorry. As for the last point, that might be debatable. Doesn’t she briefly lose her powers because she hurt an innocent being. Isn’t that the actual criteria for losing their powers. I mean if you think about it… never mind. If anything is a lie it is probably this one.

3. Woo Young Woo - Extraordinary Attorney Woo

Spoiler

Didn’t get to watch this show as well. Even though it is on Netflix.

I just know that the first part is probably true as that was shown in the trailer. But does she do that every time I can’t be certain, but I would assume that is the case.

4. Kang Mo Yeon - Descendants of the Sun

Spoiler

Don’t remember much of this show. I do remember her stepping on the mine, I just don’t know if it was on the first day though. Was she infected by a virus that bit is a blur. The final confession seems to be the statement that seems like a lie to me. I do recall her doing an interview and the person did ask something along the lines about if she was dating someone. (That line was added at the last minute if the rumor I heard is to be believed and the female leads response to it. Also, I think that she had them added) so I don’t think her confession was leaked at this point.

5. Shin Ha Ri - Business Proposal

Spoiler

While I don’t know who Samantha and Rachel are I am going to assume that the first statement has to be a lie. The female lead was clearly employed at the time. This was one of the reasons that she was so frustrated when she meets the main lead and realizes that he is her boss.

6. Yoon Se Ri - Crash Landing On You

Spoiler

Don't know about this show. Since I haven’t watched it but I am going to assume that the lie is either the second or third statement. I do know from what I heard that she ended up in North Korea due to a faulty para-glider I don’t know if it was intentional sabotage. I wouldn’t be surprised. The second can be possibly true after all how can you trust someone that you have been taught that is your enemy for a long time.

7. Naksu - Alchemy of Souls

Spoiler

I think the second point has to be a lie. Tansu was her trademark move. Third point is definitely true. first point I can’t be a 100 percent sure.

8. Jang Bong Hwan/Kim So-Yong -  Mr. Queen

Sorry no idea. Haven’t watched this show.

Moving on to the actors side  now.

1. Lee Gun - Fated To Love You

Don’t know as I don’t think that I have watched this show as well

2. Park Si On - Good Doctor

Spoiler

I know for a fact that the first one is true. The second and third are hard to figure out. I know that he does have mild confrontations with the other doctor. But he wasn’t a love rival because he had a love interest of his own. So probably this would have to be a lie. Also wasn’t he the one who was telling the main lead that it was okay to call him big brother when they were alone. Sure it was later on. So it seems like this statement is probably the lie over here.

3. Do Kyung Seok - My ID Is Gangnam Beauty

I have no idea what happened in this drama at this point. I just know that he knew the female lead even before her transformation and he liked her even back then. Basically he saw her inner beauty which he fell for. Other than that I don’t recall any other facts.

4. Jang Jun Woo  - Vincenzo

Sorry again a show that I haven’t gotten down to watching. Apart from the first episode. So no idea.

5. Kim Shin – Goblin

Spoiler

I am going to go with the first one as a lie. While it is true that he died I don’t think it was unfortunate. He was murdered/executed so I can’t consider it unfortunate. Also he was thrown away after that. Was it a buckwheat field I can’t recall. The third one just seems odd. If you have been living for so long I would be surprised if he doesn’t understand current technology. If he was the fish out of water and had been transported to the future it would make more sense. So this could possibly be a lie as well. But then again there are people who don’t know much about technology….

6. Cha Do Hyun (and his other personalities) - Kill Me, Heal Me

Again, another show I never got down to watching. I did read the full recaps of it on dramabeans but the details are sadly forgotten in the sands of time for me.

7. Choi Young – Faith

Spoiler

Did everyone in the male leads group have superpowers. I just recall him having lightning/electricity powers. He also must have been a fan of Captain America but that’s about it. Apart from that the villains also had superpowers except for their leader who only got them near the end. So, if I were to go by this then I would assume that the second point is probably the lie.

8. Hong Doo Shik - Hometown Cha Cha Cha

Spoiler

The first statement is a lie. He was someone who was in the investment department or something and that is why the guard ends up dying due to investing in a high-risk investment. Even though he advised him against it. It is his death why he moved to that village.

Well here are my answers. Not that they are as good as the last event that I took part in. oh well. I guess I should try and make more time somehow and watch a lot of good dramas especially those that are on this list.

Anyway looking forward to the correct answers. Best of luck to the rest of you.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

9 hours ago, kingpin said:

@partyon and @Sleepy Owl is early to have additional clues

Additional clues are not coming this time around. Sorry chingu. :kiss_wink: Just make some guesses - you will get it right no later than on the third attempt. :sweat_smile:

9 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

@partyon Noona might want to just confirm the one for Actress 7 :wow1:

@rocher22 Good job with your gueses! :hooray2:But female character 7 (Naksu) and male character 1 (Lee Gun) - please try again.

7 hours ago, rocat said:

Memory is hazy but I can try…

Chingu, your guesses for 3, 4 and 5 are correct. You may want to check the others. :kiss_wink:

Try Again U Win GIF by Spaghetti

4 hours ago, gm4queen said:

How did I go?? May be I didn't pass the test? Ha ha ha.. :D

You got the Business Proposal lady right.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

My memory is so terrible these days that if someone were to ask me what I had for lunch at dinnertime I would have already forgotten about that.

Join the club. :criesariver:

Am seeing some good deductions on your side though. :coolshades:

I can say that for a fact:

Spoiler

ACTRESSES
2. You are very close to the final answer. Which one seems the most right?

3. Correct

4. Try again

5. Try again

6. Correct

7. Try again

ACTORS

2. Correct

5. Try again

7. Try again

8. True that the statement was a lie, but which statement is correct (there are 2 lies and only 1 truth for each character)?
:heartxoxo:

@joccu Vincenzo is correct! Yay!

• Like 1
  • Love 5
  • Blob 1

What?! You are forcing me to rewatch these dramas to find the truth!? :unsure:

I should just peek at some answers here... :phew:

LOL... JK... Seriously, my memory is failing me.

Will try my best but I think I'm gonna miss a lot... lol...

Be back soon, after I take some ginkgo first :D

• LOL 7
  • Blob 1

18 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Chingu, so are the answers in your spoilers the lies that you have identified or are they the statements you think to be correct?

Now you got me confused! :sweat_smile:  The answers in my spoiler are true statements; I made a mistake and thought we were to identify lies.  Clear as mud?

• LOL 4

23 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

@willenette Chingu,

Reveal hidden contents

Actresses:

• Geum Jang Di - Correct
  • Kang Mo Yeon - Correct
  • Yoon Se ri - Wrong

Actors:

• Lee gun - Wrong
  • Jang Jun Woo - Correct
  • Kim Shin - Wrong
  • Cha Do Hyun - Correct
  • Choi Young - Correct

Great job Chingus on making your guesses, there might some wrong statements that you have guessed, so try to guess the correct one for them as well! 

giphy.gif

@Sleepy Owl  ohhh...........thanks for the heads-up! OK, I will try my best again.............  :Twerkdatbutt: This time around, I will try again to spot the TRUTH from the wrong answers I got - :Megalol:

For Yoon Se ri / Crash landing On you

Spoiler

One day, while paragliding, an accident caused by strong winds leads Yoon Se-Ri to make an emergency landing in North Korea.

My wrong answer you said was : Yoon Se Ri the rightful heiress to the Queen's Group (correction : She isn't in the line of inheritance since she’s an  illegitimate daughter of her father) as she is her father's eldest daughter from his first wife. (correction : She is the youngest of three children ) After her mother's death she had to live with her stepmother and step-brothers, and doesn't really have a good relationship with either of them thanks to an ongoing succession battle.

For Lee gun / Fated to Love you

Spoiler

Lee Gun calls his Baby Momma a snail because he thinks she looks like one. That's why they become known as the 'Snail Couple'. (I guess this is true since The snail was used throughout this series to represent Mi Young and her ability to dwell into Lee Gun’s heart. The snail hand gesture became a symbol for the couple too.

For Kim Shin / Goblin

Spoiler
  1. Kim Shin was an army general during the Joseon Era.(correction: Goryeo Era.) Unfortunately he died and was left to rot in a buckwheat field. (correction : One night, he was raised from the dead and was being cursed ) That's how he became a goblin. - You said this was wrong but, I still want to stand by my answer, which for me is the closest to truth amongst the other 2. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

A word of caution on question 7 Actresses - Alchemy of Souls ... be very careful

- 1 answer is 100% true

- 1 answer is 99% true ... its only a single word out of the entire statement that makes it false

I look forward to se your guesses Chingu, and also want to see which statements seems more true to you for Question 7 :piggydance:

8 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Now you got me confused! :sweat_smile:  The answers in my spoiler are true statements; I made a mistake and thought we were to identify lies.  Clear as mud?

Oh Chingu, in that case here are my remarks for your answers:

Spoiler

Actresses:

• Geum Jang Di - Correct
  • Do Bong Soon - Wrong
  • Woo Young Woo - Correct
  • Kang Mo Yeon - Wrong
  • Shin Ha ri - Correct
  • Yoon Se Ri - Wrong
  • Kim So Young - Correct

Actors:

• Lee Gun - Wrong
  • Park Si On - Correct
  • Do Kyeong Seok - Wrong
  • Jang Jun Woo - Correct
  • Kim Shin - Correct
  • Cha Do Hyun - Correct
  • Choi Young - Wrong
  • Hong Doo Shik - Wrong

@yamiyugi Chingu,

Spoiler

For Shin Ha Ri, the statement is not saying she is currently unemployed, but we have said that she has been doing this since her unemployment days. 

@willenette Chingu, you were able to stop the lie in the statements for Yoon Se Ri, and Kim Shin correctly! But you might to check it again for Lee Gun :hooray:

@larus you have come to correct answer for Kim Shin :eats:

10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

What?! You are forcing me to rewatch these dramas to find the truth!? :unsure:

I should just peek at some answers here... :phew:

No problem Chingu, as long as you do it without anyone spotting you :joy:

school-cheating.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

15 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

@willenette Chingu, you were able to stop the lie in the statements for Yoon Se Ri, and Kim Shin correctly! But you might to check it again for Lee Gun :hooray:

@Sleepy Owl  ohhh....thanks for this but, I guess I have now to give up for Lee Gun - :Megalol:   When I watched this drama my main focus was for my oppa, Choi Jin Hyuk - hahaha. I watched it mainly for him.   :Twerkdatbutt:

• LOL 3