EVENT: [Drama 2010] Secret Garden re-watch - 시크릿 가든

partyon

Well, the first thong that always strikes me is how gangly HB looked in his younger days. He looks so much better now. Another thing, I must give him credit for is how effortlessly he plays the character of an absolute jerk. 

The conversation at the hotel was funny because of the cross connection. 

He is not a complete jerk as he does seem genuinely concerned about the FL when she was feverish. 

It will be interesting to see him man up and not let his insecurities take control of him. 

But Oska remains memorable. His comic timing is immaculate as we witnessed recently in 18 again.   

Best scene from episode 2 was when she karate chops HB , beats him up black and blue. 

Poor HB always gets his tushy kicked. Remember, My Lovely Kim Sam Soon. I can't help but keep comparing the two dramas.  They have a lot in common. 

• LOL 8

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Would you like to watch more than 2 episodes per week?

Yeah, it's gonna be okay! To be honest, I am finished watching 10 episodes already. :joy: I was really unable to hold my patience after all.. So let's do as you guys prefer! I am all in for anything, unnie. :lol:

• Shocked 2
  • LOL 4

7 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Yeah, it's gonna be okay! To be honest, I am finished watching 10 episodes so far. :joy: I was really unable to hold my patience after all.. So let's do as you guys prefer! I am all in for anything, unnie. :lol:

You watched 10 episodes already? :scream: What happened?

dies-of-cringe.gif

• LOL 5

are we allowed to post from friday on ? or saturday?

i only started episode 3 now... 

Spoiler

the flash running GIF by CraveTV

The crew eating during the 2 minutes Gil Ra Im and Joo Won talk alone

• LOL 2
  • Blob 2

I'm feeling kind of Pride and Prejudice vibes but in an immature style. 

Ju Won is so self obsessed he insults her during his "love confession". Ra Im is intrigued though, the one time I feel her justified to slap him, she doesn't kick him. (All her other kicks I kinda hate and don't find cute at all). 

In Ep 3 it's also the first time Ra Im is more pre-occupied with Ju Won than Oska (after Ju won humiliates her, and Oska comforts her, the first time I don't see her making hearteyes towards Oska, but thinking about Ju won).  I cringed so hard when I saw Ju Won see the cut out of Oska and her in her locker. TbH Oska isn't that much of a stand up guy either, he is also obsessed with Seul / Ju Won's blind date and told Ju won to "play around with that stuntwoman", asking obsessive questions about Seul. But in front of Ra Im he acts like he is some innocent good guy. 

It'S weird how Oska's own family knows nothing about his romance with Seul, but his manager does. I guess they had to keep it hush hush as Oska was a star. Now however he has tons of flings, and it's not that secret anymore... 

And it also gave me flashback to Love Actually with the signs, only used for breaking up :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 2

11 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

When @partyon tag me , For second I thought we are on Monday

Twin, don't tell me you haven't watched ep 3 yet? :scream: Your favorite fabric pattern makes an appearance.

Let me give you a hint!

sghbep1trcksuitfunny2.jpg

@agenth Binnie does pull it off better than our oppa. :emmm:

202303121010325510_1.jpg?w=555

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 5

6 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Every time I see the pattern :D

Thank goodness BTS isn't appearing in this drama then :joy:

maxresdefault.jpg

What's up with RM's outfit ? :blink:

K, so I just binged ep 3-5.

Some thoughts:

• I think we can all agree that Joo Won is a bit annoying in the first part of the drama. He is very straight forward with what he perceives are his "truths" and he doesn't shy away from saying them straight in Ra Im's face. Problem is that Ra Im is also insecure about herself and her background, so he is a bit too blunt at times.
    He did deserve the slap he got in ep 5 when he suggested she should be his "Little Mermaid" - the person in between a wife and a fling - but one that would in the end disappear like bubbles.
  • It's clear that Joo Won is a very confused man... Gil Ra Im doesn't fit his world, his upbringing, his thoughts, his expectations - not to mention his families' expectations. Issue is that Gil Ra Im has all of the qualities he denies in himself and is scared of:
    • A hard and dedicated employee who takes pride in her profession (he does only work 2 days per week)
    • being poor
    • having an "insignificant" background and no connections
    • not caring what others think about her
  • Since he denies these qualities in himself, he gets angry with her because he could never accept himself to be like her. Hence his mean comments.
  • Another thing is that he can't read her or predict her actions and that surprises him and frustrates him, but also intrigues him. She just doesn't fit the mold that his previous girlfriends have had - or what he expects the mold to be...
  • Gil Ra Im on the other hand is intrigued by him as well, because he elevates her self-confidence (even though he does test it a lot). She is very naive - probably never having dated anyone before. Therefore, the purse scene is very interesting because you see their two worlds collide in a spectacular sense. She also feels uncomfortable by his world and that's why she keeps pushing him away.
  • It's good that they are now switching bodies because they will be forced to live in each others' worlds and gain experience and understanding of each other.

One final thing that I would like to mention is that Joo Won is not used to a woman who would like him for who he is. He is used to women wanting to date him for his money, status, position. From the start it has been clear to him that Gil Ra Im is not interested in that, and that's why he is falling so hard for her. If only it wouldn't confuse him so much.  His inner model of who he is and his self-worth has now been challenged, and it will take a bit of time for him to reset it and also become the man who can sacrifice himself for someone else.

• LOL 4
  • Blob 1

9 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Yeah, it's gonna be okay! To be honest, I am finished watching 10 episodes already. :joy: I was really unable to hold my patience after all.. So let's do as you guys prefer! I am all in for anything, unnie. :lol:

I couldn't hold it either and watched all the way up episode 6 last week! :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Episode 5 is a painful episode to stop at, since it was the beginning of the magical journey, so I can understand you :D 

14 hours ago, lilyphenix said:

I couldn't hold it either and watched all the way up episode 6 last week! :ph34r:

• Love 1
  • Blob 2

@gm4queen @CupcakeEonni @the_sweetroad @confusedheart @YongZura⁷ @Ameera Ali  @maribella @lilyphenix @africandramalover @ferily @Learry @Jeannie @LeftCoastOppa

@partyon

Korean Drama GIF

Who can't stop watching episodes? This poll sums up our story for episodes 3-5. 

Visuals for Question 3 are below this spoiler:

Spoiler

Joo Won 

sghbep1trcksuitfunny2.jpg

Ji Chang Wook's airport fashion

202303121010325510_1.jpg?w=555

V from BTS 

img_20220624170352_1a7hv810.webp?resize=

Kim Gun Woo (The Glory)

img_20230119094633_72422102.webp

Lee Min Ho

5e29031ec7717a98576932bd715cd8a7--leopar

Part 2

Spoiler

Lee Min Ho's feet

tumblr_pn60k6Ouc41vvdq9w_500.jpg

Oska

cf05410e034a6ba4153931f7f31d3ed8--secret

Jang Geun Seuk

spacer.png

Rain 

edcd5a8552c7730c3c110daf9bcb0815.jpg

Suga from BTS

Suga_11.jpg

Part 3 

Spoiler

BTS 

maxresdefault.jpg

Seo In Guk

seo_cccc_1621730295579457.jpg?resize=780

Cha Eun Woo

aa06c9108365ac2fab5e8f61b3b589e2.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

8 minutes ago, partyon said:

Thoughts about ep 3-5? Are you excited about the body swap?

I'm very excited about the body swap. I managed to stop watching after finishing episode 5 :D 

Some thoughts

• It surprised me that Joo Won is athletic after all, as his image seemed to be some lazy intellectual. I liked that biking scene, gave us some nice scenery shots. 
  • I also didn't think that scream was by Ra Im, it must have been some magical disturbance. It didn't sound like her scream haha. I predicted that Joo Won would lose, cos he cared about Ra Im, or that Ra Im would win (to insert her in the music video). 
  • Oska and Joo won making bets about who gets to date Ra Im was quite distasteful to me. 
  • Ra Im and the vacuum cleaner: Sigh. Clearly she has issues too, I know the plot forced her to go to Joo Won's house, since she needed to confront him. I'm sure she has feelings for him too, but doesn't know that, as she is confused. But her behaviour with Joo Won is truer than the one vs Oska: like she ignores Oska's red flags (his womanising and cheesy charm), but doesn't mind telling on Joo Won's failings. 
  • Ra Im was fed up with Joo Won and didn't want any of his things, yet she takes the 3rd place win (now vacation with Oska instead of cleaner), even though she knows it's also on Joo Won's dime. So she really is not that righteous. 
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

10 minutes ago, agenth said:

Oska and Joo won making bets about who gets to date Ra Im was quite distasteful to me. 

Do you think it will come back to bite Joo Won's behind?

11 minutes ago, agenth said:

Ra Im was fed up with Joo Won and didn't want any of his things, yet she takes the 3rd place win (now vacation with Oska instead of cleaner), even though she knows it's also on Joo Won's dime. So she really is not that righteous. 

Am guessing that her drive to want to participate in the car stunt at Jeju with her colleagues is what drove her to accept the prize? I think she's super passionate about her work.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1