EVENT: [Drama 2010] Secret Garden re-watch - 시크릿 가든

partyon

13 minutes ago, partyon said:

At least she looks pretty realistic fighting. :D

I don’t know , I don’t find her fighting good for stunt , maybe because love to hate you is in my mind :mrgreen:

B1-C8-DDEC-EF8-A-4-DA6-9-C45-15-B3-B31-F

@agenth I am with you camera is bad :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

A poll about ep 1 and 2 is up!

d87752f665.png?x=b&a=0x0&s=480x270&e=t&q

How did you like the first 2 episodes? Are you loving any character yet? 

Or is your list of "things that annoy me in this drama" as long as @agenth chingu's - maybe you are annoyed by the music and camera as much as Joo Won is annoyed by Gil Ra Im's "Oska Forever" socks?:D

MdRQzm.jpg

Let us know!

@agenth @gm4queen @CupcakeEonni @the_sweetroad @confusedheart @YongZura⁷ @Ameera Ali  @maribella @lilyphenix @africandramalover @ferily @Learry @Jeannie @LeftCoastOppa

• LOL 6
  • Blob 1

46 minutes ago, agenth said:

- i'm not a medical professional but passing out due to an arm cut? ... oh well, maybe she got concussed when falling down? 

She is also malnourished, apparently... So might have been pushing herself too hard, not sleeping enough and barely eating? :ph34r:

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

33 minutes ago, partyon said:

maybe you are annoyed by the music and camera as much as Joo Won is annoyed by Gil Ra Im's "Oska Forever" socks?:D

That scene was so funny. He has a love-hate relationship with his cousin. :joy:

After having seen Hyun Bin for the first time in CLOY, it's a 180º experience to see him as this silly, overly-dramatic character who already has eyes for Gil Ra Im. He has much more gravitas in CLOY. :lol:

Not sure yet about Gil Ra Im....you'd think as a stuntwoman she would be more tough and confident than she appears to be. I don't really buy her character's meekness; it doesn't make sense to me. But I've only seen 2 episodes so I'm open-minded for now. :) Would love to see more fight scenes with her.

@agenth I love that you always find something to be annoyed with. Keep keeping it real.

keep it real in your face GIF by The Meredith Vieira Show

Edit: I just voted in the poll. LOL at these two.

• Should be banned from the foot volleyball court
  • Shouldn't he be in better shape? Since he seems to be using the stairs a lot.
  • LOL 5

24 minutes ago, lilyphenix said:

So might have been pushing herself too hard, not sleeping enough and barely eating?

She is very dedicated to her profession, and is always pushing herself to her limits. So definitely makes sense that she might pass out in a situation like this.

:approves:

29 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Woman would say no to a fool too oppa  :sweat_smile:

Yes, it's no wonder that Joo Won is still single. :joy:

15 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Not sure yet about Gil Ra Im....you'd think as a stuntwoman she would be more tough and confident than she appears to be. I don't really buy her character's meekness; it doesn't make sense to me.

True! That is her weakness. She is mentally very strong and resilient in her profession. But in her private life she is very insecure. You will learn a little bit more about her background in future episodes, but one part that has played in is that she actually is from a very humble background. She's poor and she knows it. That seems to affect her behavior.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 2

1 minute ago, partyon said:

You will learn a little bit more about her background in future episodes, but one part that has played in is that she actually is from a very humble background. She's poor and she knows it. That seems to affect her behavior.

Ah that's helpful. She should actually go for her stunt director. He's obviously in love with her. Oooh, are there going to be fight scenes between him and Joo Won? I'd love to see that. JW can't handle foot volleyball, there's no way he can handle Lee Phillip going at him. :joy:

• LOL 6

15 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Edit: I just voted in the poll. LOL at these two.

• Should be banned from the foot volleyball court
  • Shouldn't he be in better shape? Since he seems to be using the stairs a lot.

These ideas just come to me, chingu! I can't help it.

duck-waddle.gif

• LOL 6

Ra Im meekness: It seems that the actress or actresses she is a double for look down and speak down to her. I think in general she has had a hard time getting along with other women, except with her friend, because these other women don't respect her but treat her like a pariah, maybe in part because she has a tomboyish side. And it's a vicious circle, because I think her tomboy side is just a protection. She is trying to look tough so it doesn't show when she is hurt by people's words, etc.

Just a though... :)

• Love 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

He's obviously in love with her.

It's so obvious even a mile away. It's just Gil Ra Im that is oblivious to it.

she still doesnt get it GIF by America's Next Top Model

6 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

He still baby :coolshades:

Wrong Joo Won, twin. :D

I was talking about this one. The one with the sparkly track suit:

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, lilyphenix said:

She is trying to look tough so it doesn't show when she is hurt by people's words, etc.

Agree with this, chingu! :kiss_wink:

• LOL 5
  • Blob 1

13 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Ah that's helpful. She should actually go for her stunt director. He's obviously in love with her. Oooh, are there going to be fight scenes between him and Joo Won? I'd love to see that. JW can't handle foot volleyball, there's no way he can handle Lee Phillip going at him. :joy:

lol there was already sort-of an altercation at the hospital. director literally dragged her off the hospital bed / "away from the weirdo next to my woman" 

Joo Won was like: omg why won't she say thank you ? why won't she take a ride in my superexpensive car, even though i would put the cover on for her. barely noticing director, like he is some kind of fly. 

10 minutes ago, lilyphenix said:

Ra Im meekness: It seems that the actress or actresses she is a double for look down and speak down to her. I think in general she has had a hard time getting along with other women, expect with her friends, because they don't respect her but treat her like a pariah, maybe in part because she has a tomboyish side. And it's a vicious circle, because I think her tomboy side is just a protection. She is trying to look tough so it doesn't show when she is hurt by people's words, etc.

I'm also thinking other females like the actress see her getting more attention from guys and they can't stand that and are jealous. Like the crew take care of her, and always talk to her. Meanwhile the starlet is "ignored" / treated with kiddie gloves. 

7 minutes ago, partyon said:

It's so obvious even a mile away. It's just Gil Ra Im that is oblivious to it.

I am getting whiplash though because one minute he talks very harshly to her / like you would talk to guys, even calling her "nom", then they make soft eyes at each other :D

26 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Not sure yet about Gil Ra Im....you'd think as a stuntwoman she would be more tough and confident than she appears to be. I don't really buy her character's meekness; it doesn't make sense to me. But I've only seen 2 episodes so I'm open-minded for now. :) Would love to see more fight scenes with her.

@agenth I love that you always find something to be annoyed with. Keep keeping it real.

yeah her biting joo won's head off / kicking his shin, then the next minute being all dazed and mute when seeing Oska gives me whiplash too

haha don't worry. even for my favourite dramas I complain.

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Yet, Empress Ki had absolutely abysmal music and you didn't say anything?

When you have a sageuk fight scene with some 70s glam rock solo in the background, that's when you know you have bad music, chingu. We're not even close to that yet in this drama.

I don't remember that. Maybe I FF some scenes. I mostly remember the OST during romantic scenes

GPrkfi.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

7 minutes ago, agenth said:

Joo Won was like: omg why won't she say thank you ? why won't she take a ride in my superexpensive car, even though i would put the cover on for her. barely noticing director, like he is some kind of fly. 

That's Joo Won for you. He is stalking very focused on Gil Ra Im.

8 minutes ago, agenth said:

haha don't worry. even for my favourite dramas I complain.

Except if your oppa stars in them.

Just Saying Bernie Sanders GIF by Saturday Night Live

8 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

I  hate him , I need him fired 

Twin, that's why there are evil Mother-in-Laws in kdramas. You should know all about them. ;)

dbe6cf921774191598f051ce5b6a510c.jpg

• LOL 6

1 hour ago, lilyphenix said:

It seems that the actress or actresses she is a double for look down and speak down to her. I think in general she has had a hard time getting along with other women, expect with her friends, because they don't respect her but treat her like a pariah, maybe in part because she has a tomboyish side.

Great point!

1 hour ago, agenth said:

Meanwhile the starlet is "ignored" / treated with kiddie gloves. 

She deserves it because she is so ridiculous.

feelings wednesday GIF

59 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

if I see one more time , anymore wearing leopard print :D

Spoiler

r.580x0

:D

• LOL 6

One thing about K-dramas that I really hate female leads with short hair. They really annoy me but Gil Ra Im is so different. I love her looks and her personality! I see why Hyun Bin oppa is facinated by her. She's so cute! :joy:

• Love 2
  • Blob 3