EVENT: [Drama 2010] Secret Garden re-watch - 시크릿 가든

partyon

On 4/6/2023 at 9:49 PM, Ameera Ali said:

Yeah my type ,  I am perv like oppa , now I need to see how her butt is uneven :mrgreen:

Count me in as well :D

I just finished ep 8. Still find this scene hilarious @gm4queen. :D

bad8628735caf880afdcb182ed7826e1.jpg

But now they switched back from ep 9 -> Need to catch up on 9, 10, 11 asap.

• LOL 7

2 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

On Netflix they do subtitle it “entrance”… but it still made zero sense to me

Am guessing it means smth like ”Hyun Bin - the bouncer” :D 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

oppa most wear these French hand made tracksuit to show he made of money :mrgreen:

Joo Won would be appalled! :scream: 

They’re Italian, not French! Handmade. Sown stitch by stitch.

:loolz:

• LOL 5

8 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Oska most be annoying me that why he not dressing out of leopard print quickly

He likes the cougar style. He even has ahjumma hair :D

45706ea3a91092d4147210d27fb8bd38--hair-i

Everyone telling Joo Won in ep 10 that Gil Ra Im is too good for him... Looks like his internal conflict about whether he can give up everything for Ra Im is starting.

He just doesn't realize that his plan that he will break up with her later isn't really fool proof :grimace:

• LOL 2
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Joo Won doesn't only have sparkly tracksuits. Look at his underwear

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

oppa can’t understand women handbag need same respect his damn tracksuit needed

I seriously don’t know how Hyun Bin can keep a straight face while filming these scenes. That makes him a good actor I guess? :lol:

• LOL 4

@the_sweetroad @Ameera Ali

How do you go from this:

VD78665849_w640.jpg

to this in less than 24 hours:

image.png?width=1365&height=739

Okay, but seriously. That "Foam Kiss" made headlines in 2010. We got so many parodies of it. Even kpop groups would parody it. Haha

The sageuk scenes in ep 10 were also gold. :D If sageuks were this entertaining, I would definitely watch more of them. LOL

@the_sweetroad Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won had issues keeping a straight face quite often when they were filming Secret Garden. Here is a pic to prove it:

image_6372087421616637556936.jpg

Here's also a BTS video of the first part of the drama. These two were laughing their behinds off :D

• LOL 4

I do have a beef with Joo Won, in that he always blames Ra Im for the feelings he has for her, wanting her to take responsibility for this or that. It comes off as manipulative and totally emotionally immature. In those moments I wish she were sharper and could challenge him on that line of thinking, but usually she's just staring at him wide-eyed. :blink: But overall I'm enjoying the show :).

• LOL 3

13 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

I do have a beef with Joo Won, in that he always blames Ra Im for the feelings he has for her, wanting her to take responsibility for this or that. It comes off as manipulative and totally emotionally immature.

You're not wrong, chingu. :loolz:Joo Won is annoying like that. He tries to gaslight her.

She's pretty much Teflon though to it for the most part.

I think ep 11 was a big turning point. Both were honest about their feelings towards each other and towards themselves. Confessions happened, but I think that they were super aware of the fact that they are in a dead-end and that their worlds just don't mix. Even if they would like to. Too many factors prevent there from being a happy ending.

I see their "courtship" as being a "dance" where neither really understands the others' moves. They kind of go skirting in and out of each others territories, trying to learn about the other but never really dancing in sync. But the passion between them grows so they can't really stay away from each other even if they try to. I do sense their frustration over the situation.

The soul switching that happens help them overcome these obstacles and learn how to navigate better in each other's worlds.

@the_sweetroad I think Joo Won's character and his personality will make a bit more sense as we come to the ending of the drama. So don't give up.

I think we can also see how even k-dramas have changed through the years. 13 years ago, men were more "macho" if you will in dramas. So this will be reflected in the script. :kiss_wink:

• Love 3