[Drama 2022-2023] Vengeance of the Bride - 태풍의 신부 - Mon to Fri 7:50 - 8:30 KST

0ly40

I feel like Jo-Yi and In-Soon are being underwritten to the point that they are no longer impactful to the overall story. They are just there. I mean, does In-Soon still miss Ba-Ram? Did she ever wonder what happened to the second twin? Does Jo-Yi still like Tae-Poong? I remember In-Soon was so against her in seeing him.   

Fun Fact: Ba-Da is the Korean word for Sea and Ba-Ram is the Korean word for Wind, Tae-Poong is the Korean word for Typhoon. A strong windstorm that comes from sea.  

Prediction:

KBS is the one that kidnapped Yoon-Hee but it's Ba-Da that will accidentally kill her.  

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

@kboramint This is a really good point. And even worse ones with the Tteokbokki store manager and IS’s brother. They are very useless. Soon Young on the other hand plays a critical role with having worked and still working at the main evil house and also helping out BR’s plans all the time.

IS has probably been the most static character in the entire drama. Just going to be that annoying one just screaming and being a jerk to BR while fighting her MIL. I have no clue when she’ll find out BR’s real identity but I think she’ll honestly hate her even more, making the earlier scenes with her “missing” BR make no sense. I just see it going that way. And as for JY, I think the only reason IS was so against JY was because her mom looked like YH. Would be absolutely hilarious if like people are saying here that they make JY play the role of “real” BR!

I honestly don’t think they’ll kill off YH. BR has lost so much already but it’s also true BR really only does something when someone dies or is in danger. Don’t know why she uses her super inspective power only when it’s too late..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, perfectmouse said:

honestly don’t think they’ll kill off YH. BR has lost so much already but it’s also true BR really only does

If anyone's going to die, it will be at the end, I think. Super melo scene. I shan't be surprised it will be TP if SD came back alive. 

I don't think CEO Jung will die. No Kangs will die either. In Soon is like a parasite, shopping and getting drunk.

KBS doesn't even like her to touch him, how are they sharing a bed?

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

The marriage will happen as I predicted, very very soon (likely next week). Of course, there will be obstacles but there's no doubt that Eun Seo Yeon will get married to Kang Tae Poong! The pesky Im Soon & Haelmoni will do everything at their disposal to stop the marriage.

Seo Yoon Hee will not die that fast as she's hidden in a secret room within the Kang's residence. That is why Seo Yeon has to go back to that house and rescue her. I am curious what the writer-nim has in store with this kidnapping & marriage plot.

The greedy Ba Da got duped so easily....does she think that TP will give her 50% of Le Blanc's shares so easily? :facepalm:

• Like 7

On 1/7/2023 at 12:03 PM, maribella said:

If anyone's going to die, it will be at the end, I think. Super melo scene. I shan't be surprised it will be TP if SD came back alive. 

I don't think CEO Jung will die. No Kangs will die either. In Soon is like a parasite, shopping and getting drunk.

KBS doesn't even like her to touch him, how are they sharing a bed?

is it just the acting or the way it is written?? -- baram's grief and anger have a very raw edge to it. she is very clear about her losses, in total agony and is not going to roll over and play 'I forgive you'.

I really don't see her accepting tae poong in her heart truly. she sees him as part of the system. while she will use him, she will not give him her heart because that would mean accepting this family and she cannot do that given how much they have taken from her. she is going to go through her plan and carve them out from the inside and yes, taepoong will be hurt from all sides. 

so there are only two roads for taepoong -- either he dies while trying to protect baram (and sandeul) or he leaves for US or somewhere else in the world. basically all taepoong can do is atone for the sins of his parents, his grandmother and his sister. thats too many people's wrongdoing on his shoulder to atone for. 

it is also clear that what baram feels for sandeul is very deep and passionate indeed. not something easily forgotten in a moment. so there is no real room for taepoong here. 

if mama jung dies, then there is no way for baram to return to a happier self. my guess is that in the end, she will regain some semblance of family she has lost with mama jung and sandeul returned to her. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

is it just the acting or the way it is written?? -- baram's grief and anger have a very raw edge to it. she is very clear about her losses, in total agony and is not going to roll over and play 'I forgive you'.

I really don't see her accepting tae poong in her heart truly. she sees him as part of the system. while she will use him, she will not give him her heart because that would mean accepting this family and she cannot do that given how much they have taken from her. she is going to go through her plan and carve them out from the inside and yes, taepoong will be hurt from all sides. 

so there are only two roads for taepoong -- either he dies while trying to protect baram (and sandeul) or he leaves for US or somewhere else in the world. basically all taepoong can do is atone for the sins of his parents, his grandmother and his sister. thats too many people's wrongdoing on his shoulder to atone for. 

it is also clear that what baram feels for sandeul is very deep and passionate indeed. not something easily forgotten in a moment. so there is no real room for taepoong here. 

if mama jung dies, then there is no way for baram to return to a happier self. my guess is that in the end, she will regain some semblance of family she has lost with mama jung and sandeul returned to her. 

We always look at logic or the trend of a show, but the darn writers often have other ideas. 

From the trend, we could see BR changing her hostile treatment of TP when he did not know her identity to a trusted confidant when he recognised her. So there had been a big change in her feelings and attitude towards him. If she managed to get BS convicted and she would, it's the basis of this show, then it would certainly be with TP's help. How could she not feel  close to him? But if SD turned up, she would be on a spot and TP would step aside because he loved them both and probably an atonement for being his father's son.

I don't see a motivation for CEO Jung to die. She's liked by the viewers. She will leave two likeable characters to grieve, BR is already on her revenge - no instigation needed.

We will get a kumbaya ending for BR but whom with? It's still fluid.

Of course, if the writer brings back an SD lookalike brother ... all bets are off. :idk:

• Like 6

Pffftt. Disappointed. San Deul is back LoL geez. But damn Tae Poong looked so good in his tux. Of course he had to show up all bloodied on his wedding day, 'cause y'know it's more trendy eheh. He still look good regardless.

Ba Ram stop crying yo .. your darling San Deul is still alive. The drama gods hv decided to revive him. Was sick of the drama reminding us of San Deul every chance they get.

Gosh Tae Poong's the biggest victim here... someone pls. save this beautiful man ha-ha. He deserves so much better than all of this. 

The stepmom was hilarious when she tried to get the other rich ladies to cancel the wedding plans. And .. Jo Yi took the wedding news quite well LoL. Although she looked like she's lost eheh. 

This drama is getting dull for me honestly.. I'm just holding on for Tae Poong's sake LoL. Be strong Tae Poong, hang in there!

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

That has to be the saddest wedding vows ever. Still love how strong BR is and unwilling to bow down to their evil family. LOVED it when she grabbed IS’s arms when she tried to hit her in front of BD too. They are no match both in physical and mental strength compared to BR. I feel so bad for TP tho. I think he is going to die too especially when he foreshadowed it himself: he said he is willing to die if it means he can help BR find some sort of peace. 

Also, I knew SD was alive somewhere but it makes sooooo much sense that it was BD behind this! She likes him too much she wouldn’t have been ok if he actually died lol. Ironically, she is putting back BR and SD back where they belong. What I am surprised about is her complete silence when she is normally so careless. I thought she was a really dumb character but turns out she knows her way around these under the cover scenes too. Guess she is KBS’s daughter after all! Question is, does anyone else know that SD is alive? Did KBS mean to not kill him or was it all BD? It looks like in the preview, BD tricks BR into saying that she is marrying TP in front of SD via phone call. Wonder if BD will order SD to speak to stop the wedding.. and if BR recognizes SD’s voice, if she will waver..? 

But the scene where BR tells SD to never forgive her for what she’s going to do (marry TP for revenge) and says that love meant nothing to her, I think revenge will come first for her. I think we might get an open-ended/slightly positive ending similar to what we saw for Man In a Veil.

• Like 4

On 1/9/2023 at 6:40 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

This drama is getting dull for me honestly.. I'm just holding on for Tae Poong's sake LoL. Be strong Tae Poong, hang in there!

I agree!  Why he MUST be a victim... One innocent hero in VB...                     

As to the script:                                 

1. BD hides her beloved Man.             

2. KBS hides his beloved woman from the past.                                       

3. Once again to the script writer. - Hate ot Love? What is this drama for? L'arte pour l'arte? There are a lot of creative ideas...                         

4. BD should " merry ' SD - the future Duo against BR + TP... Well, well,...BD knows where was the rowan project hidden. And what?- a crazy ,artificial conflict . Eh! Should we follow this drama? Uhm, Yes, because of acting..

Nothing morę....

• Like 2

I haven't watched the latest episode, but I had a feeling the writer was going to bring SD back. The KBS web did say that SD woke up from coma and BR was married.

On one hand, I am glad they didn't lie to us, on the other hand we are going to see  a  big tug between 3 close friends for many more episodes- I don't like that.

• Like 7

I had a feeling BD hid SD somewhere. She was the one putting things in the columbarium and didn't look sad at all.   

4 hours ago, perfectmouse said:

I think we might get an open-ended/slightly positive ending similar to what we saw for Man In a Veil.

Do you think we might see one of the MLs actually die at the end of the season? If so, could BD be the one that commits the crime? Similar to Man In A Veil? 

5 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Jo Yi took the wedding news quite well LoL. Although she looked like she's lost eheh. 

Jo-Yi has become a character that the writer has no clue what do with her.  

• Like 5

So the Monk is alive ...

Frustrated Ryan Gosling GIF

Well as all you die hard daily fans know, knife wounds to the abdomen cause amnesia ... at least I hope they do :rolleyes:

I really hope I'm wrong, but I think its about to get really stupid ... like glossing over how BD was able to hide him, fake his death on the record, and keep him alive ... in a coma? ... sure ... no problem, happens all the time.

Rage GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

2 hours ago, kboramint said:

Do you think we might see one of the MLs actually die at the end of the season? If so, could BD be the one that commits the crime? Similar to Man In A Veil? 

The writer could make it something tragic like killing off TP.  In Gold mask, the SML

was killed as he saved the antagonist.

The writer could also kill off SD, but he would be offed twice - not likely.

It would be much nicer for us if one of them moves to the US, we can read Shakespeare if we want tragedy.

Now killing off BD might not be too bad, she's too predictable and annoying now. Hiding a man who won't marry her, shameless woman.

• Like 6